PDA

View Full Version : Back in Business - Diet Home Work...

tombd
03-31-11, 5:57 am
Hello everybody,

So after a (too) long break, i'm getting back in business and restarting my "build".

I have been a hard working builder for 2 year - Aiming for shape, definition and size - but not Animal huge size...

On August I had a europe trip and decided to move to Germany, So since than I was busy with too many things and rearranging my life, had no time or motivation for training. But it's time to get back to it.
I've lost a big load of muscle mass, and gained that mass in fat ...

I know all the basics and always achieved my goals, but I always want to improve myself and my knowledge, also I was going natural most of the time except for protein shake after workout, so i'm really new to Animal products and wish to learn how to use them in the right way.

So, now straight to business:

My stats:
Weight: 191 lb.
Height: 183 cm

Trainings:
Now I'm going A,B split for readapting (for almost 2 weeks now) and thinking about starting my journey with Animal routine #4 in a week.

Nutrition for now:

Meal 1:
1 whole egg + 7 egg whites
80g oat meal cereal (no sugar or additives in that specific cereal)

Training - 10 min cardio + liftings + 20 min cardio

Meal 2:
30g Whey protein isolated shake + banana/apple (right after w/o)

Meal 3:
200g Chicken breast
80g pasta

Meal 4:

Meal 5:
30g Casein shake before bed.

Now, I know there are not enough carbs but I didn't want to add some more fat...

So, i'm interested in making the "perfect" menu for my journey, I'm carb sensitive and gaining fat relatively fast...
Also my main goal now is to get better shape rather than size for my muscles, especially my chest.
I think i'll avoid bulking for now because of the same reason... Fat is a sensitive issue for me now..

Also I would like to learn how to embed my supps during the day, I have bought Pak, Nitro and Pump for now, also if there are other supps I should consider I would love to know about it...

I have some other general questions that even after searching i could not find a definite answer:
1. Should I take the protein shake while working out or after?
2. Should I consume whole grain products or regular white ones?
3. Which is the best shake before bed?
4. How long should I wait between the pre workout shake and the next meal?
5. Should I consider adding L-Glutamin and dextrose to my w/o shake?

Sorry for all of the text and questions, I wanna have a fresh start and turning from an amateur into a pro !

Tom

tombd
03-31-11, 6:09 am
My training thread - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35811

Back To Basics
04-02-11, 7:28 pm
Your missing a lot of (Good) fat man, fat is essential for healthy hormone production.

Instead of eating 7 whites eat like 4 whole Eggs for breakfast.

Throw in some healthy fats into every meal, Natural Peanut Butter - Nuts - ExVrgn Olive olive.

10 Grams of fat into every Meal.
This is is a great article about fat - http://www.ahicatlanta.com/eat-fat-to-stay-healthy.html

Hope I helped and good luck.

Back To Basics
04-02-11, 7:41 pm
Hello everybody,

So after a (too) long break, i'm getting back in business and restarting my "build".

I have been a hard working builder for 2 year - Aiming for shape, definition and size - but not Animal huge size...

On August I had a europe trip and decided to move to Germany, So since than I was busy with too many things and rearranging my life, had no time or motivation for training. But it's time to get back to it.
I've lost a big load of muscle mass, and gained that mass in fat ...

I know all the basics and always achieved my goals, but I always want to improve myself and my knowledge, also I was going natural most of the time except for protein shake after workout, so i'm really new to Animal products and wish to learn how to use them in the right way.

So, now straight to business:

My stats:
Weight: 191 lb.
Height: 183 cm

Trainings:
Now I'm going A,B split for readapting (for almost 2 weeks now) and thinking about starting my journey with Animal routine #4 in a week.

Nutrition for now:

Meal 1:
80g oat meal cereal (no sugar or additives in that specific cereal)

Training - 10 min cardio + liftings + 20 min cardio

Meal 2:
30g Whey protein isolated shake + banana/apple (right after w/o)

Meal 3:
200g Chicken breast
80g pasta

Meal 4:

Meal 5:
30g Casein shake before bed.

Now, I know there are not enough carbs but I didn't want to add some more fat...

So, i'm interested in making the "perfect" menu for my journey, I'm carb sensitive and gaining fat relatively fast...
Also my main goal now is to get better shape rather than size for my muscles, especially my chest.
I think i'll avoid bulking for now because of the same reason... Fat is a sensitive issue for me now..

Also I would like to learn how to embed my supps during the day, I have bought Pak, Nitro and Pump for now, also if there are other supps I should consider I would love to know about it...

I have some other general questions that even after searching i could not find a definite answer:
1. Should I take the protein shake while working out or after?
2. Should I consume whole grain products or regular white ones?
3. Which is the best shake before bed?
4. How long should I wait between the pre workout shake and the next meal?
5. Should I consider adding L-Glutamin and dextrose to my w/o shake?

Sorry for all of the text and questions, I wanna have a fresh start and turning from an amateur into a pro !

Tom

Q1. Post WO is ideal to take the shake
2. Whole Grain products where ever you can, when it comes to rice it doesn't have much difference between brown or white rice.
3. Theres isn't really any best shake before bed but if you find you get hungry quick Casein can be good, whole food is better but heavier on the stomach.
4. I found 30 Minutes to be optimal
5. If your eating fruit after w/o you don't need Dextrose, but I would Consider Creatine Over Glutamine.

My thoughts, 1. Your calories are quite low, add Animal OMEGA to your Supplement list, Find lots of the articles on nutrition on the main Animal Pak Site under DIET and read them. http://www.animalpak.com/html/main_sections.cfm?ID=4
Take Pak in the morning with first meal, Omega with it or with the next meal. Don't take nitro with your protein shake after workout you will be wasting it. If you want to use it than take it with something like gatorade or dextrose 1-2 packs of nitro than protein shake 20 minutes later.

tombd
04-03-11, 12:19 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

I forgot to mention that i'm taking fat supp named EPA/DHA/GLA with Omega 3 + 6 twice a day.

Should the Animal Omega be much more effective? Should I take the supp and add some fat to each meal?

About Creatine - Pump should contain it shouldn't it?

About the calories - as I said I do not wish to gain fat, should I still add some more calories?

Thanks again for your help

Bruiser
04-03-11, 12:29 pm
1. Pre and postworkout for the shake
2. Whole grain
3. Whey/casein blend. Add some fats and fiber to help slow the breakdown and keep your body fed all night
4. 30 mintues if you're not too bloated and full
5. I'm a firm believer that glutamine is as important as creatine. I take it four times a day (when I 1st wake up, pre and postworkout, and at bedtime)

And as far as gaining any fat, don't worry about it. Eat, eat and eat some more. If you put on a little too much fat... that's what cardio is for.

Back To Basics
04-03-11, 6:23 pm
1. Pre and postworkout for the shake
2. Whole grain
3. Whey/casein blend. Add some fats and fiber to help slow the breakdown and keep your body fed all night
4. 30 mintues if you're not too bloated and full
5. I'm a firm believer that glutamine is as important as creatine. I take it four times a day (when I 1st wake up, pre and postworkout, and at bedtime)

And as far as gaining any fat, don't worry about it. Eat, eat and eat some more. If you put on a little too much fat... that's what cardio is for.

There we go, another great response - If your looking to get the most out of creatine 10 grams a day is optimal, pump doesn't contain that much and on off days your not taking any, everyone has their own favourite supps, it's all about progression.

Back To Basics
04-03-11, 6:35 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

I forgot to mention that i'm taking fat supp named EPA/DHA/GLA with Omega 3 + 6 twice a day.

Should the Animal Omega be much more effective? Should I take the supp and add some fat to each meal?

About Creatine - Pump should contain it shouldn't it?

About the calories - as I said I do not wish to gain fat, should I still add some more calories?

Thanks again for your help

Oh Ok if your taking that supp and it is similar to animal omega than it should be fine, if you have the money I would recommended omega it is seriously an awesome EFA product.
I think that you should add some fat to each meat like 10-15 grams, which isn't much at all - You wont get fat.
The only way you will get fat is if you train poorly and eat too much, so just train hard eat right and sleep right.
Some more carbs to the meals, add the fats and I think you will be fine.

Because your a builder, you work a labor intensive job and i'm guessing you train hard so you will be burning through calories like crazy ! Find a certain amount of calories you need to maintain your weight, and add 300-500 on top of that since you don't want to put on too much weight. Normally all of us over here at animal would recommend you eat more calories, but those are your goals and you dictate what you want.

*P.S. - Don't worry the stuff your taking is still natural.

tombd
04-04-11, 6:39 pm
OK, a little misunderstanding - I did not mean a builder as in construction builder, I ment body builder :) I'm the complete opposite - I own an internet development company.

As for the omega supp - I have no problem replacing it with omega, I've almost finished the package and than will replace.

I did as you suggested and read the articles in the Diet section. Was very very useful thanks for that !

After that research and some calorie calculations I made up with this Diet:
BreakFast:

10 Egg whites scrambled in olive oil
1 bowel of oat meal with skim milk
2 pieces of fruit
20g LSP Whey Isolated Protein 5g glutamine and 5g storm with skim milk
Water
(Animal PAK + Uni Liver)

2 Hours Later
3.5 Scoops Real Gain + Skim Milk
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
2 Table Spoons of Natural Peanut Butter
1 Banana

Pre Work-Out:
30-45 Minutes Before - Animal Pump +
5 Min Before Workout - Animal Nitro + Super Cut 3 + Grapefruit Juice.

After Workout:
Animal Nitro with Grapefruit
30 Min later 50g LSP ISO Protein +5g Glutamine + 5g Creatine + Water + Uni Liver + Banana

1 Hour Later:
280G chicken Breast
Salad
Baket potato
Fish Oil tab

3 Hours Later:
280g Chicken Breast
Salad

Before Sleep:
3.5 Scoops Real Gains + 5g glutamine + Uni Liver + Fish Oil

I basically modified this http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=200
To fit my calorie calculations according to BMR, and according to my daily schedule.

Should this fit my stats and goals or is it an overkill?

Thanks again for all of your help !

Bruiser
04-04-11, 7:02 pm
Nothing is "overkill" as long as you're willing to do it right and stick with it. If you're worried about it being too complicated, then simplify it. The simpler the program, the easier it will be to follow and stick to. Don't get too stuck on details when you're bulking. You could hit a wall real fast and get frustrated. Like I said, eat, eat and eat more and supplement right. Stick to the basics and don't worry too much about the details. I personally have had the best luck by not being too regimented and just forcing myself to get the food in and get the training done. Do what you need to do and if the diet gets too complicated, adjust it. That's what this sport is all about, tweaking things to make them work for you.

Back To Basics
04-05-11, 12:45 am
OK, a little misunderstanding - I did not mean a builder as in construction builder, I ment body builder :) I'm the complete opposite - I own an internet development company.

As for the omega supp - I have no problem replacing it with omega, I've almost finished the package and than will replace.

I did as you suggested and read the articles in the Diet section. Was very very useful thanks for that !

After that research and some calorie calculations I made up with this Diet:
BreakFast:

10 Egg whites scrambled in olive oil
1 bowel of oat meal with skim milk
2 pieces of fruit
20g LSP Whey Isolated Protein 5g glutamine and 5g storm with skim milk
Water
(Animal PAK + Uni Liver)

2 Hours Later
3.5 Scoops Real Gain + Skim Milk
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
2 Table Spoons of Natural Peanut Butter
1 Banana

Pre Work-Out:
30-45 Minutes Before - Animal Pump +
5 Min Before Workout - Animal Nitro + Super Cut 3 + Grapefruit Juice.

After Workout:
Animal Nitro with Grapefruit
30 Min later 50g LSP ISO Protein +5g Glutamine + 5g Creatine + Water + Uni Liver + Banana

1 Hour Later:
280G chicken Breast
Salad
Baket potato
Fish Oil tab

3 Hours Later:
280g Chicken Breast
Salad

Before Sleep:
3.5 Scoops Real Gains + 5g glutamine + Uni Liver + Fish Oil

I basically modified this http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=200
To fit my calorie calculations according to BMR, and according to my daily schedule.

Should this fit my stats and goals or is it an overkill?

Thanks again for all of your help !

Test it out and see how it goes, some guys eat like horses and find it hard to gain weight while others gain weight very easily. I'm the second type, run that for a week and see how it goes - If you gain far too much for your liking than slow it down and reduce the calories. Good luck man !

GUNS
04-05-11, 5:13 am
There we go, another great response - If your looking to get the most out of creatine 10 grams a day is optimal, pump doesn't contain that much and on off days your not taking any, everyone has their own favourite supps, it's all about progression.

Universal Creatine Chews on your off days, they are delicious.

tombd, don't be scared of the egg yolks man. You went from 1/7 to 10 whites. Someone on here said add some yolks and you completely took them out. if your going to eat 10 eggs, make 4 of them whole. Add one more serving of fish oil here.

Why Storm in the morning for breakfast. Use it intra-workout.

I personally would lose the whole wheat bread for some better source. Add oats to your shake if you want more carbs. Just throw PB and all in the shake.

Where is your post workout carbs? Something you should be taking in immediately. Universal Torrent would work for you.

And how long before you workout is meal number 2.

tombd
04-05-11, 9:27 am
Universal Creatine Chews on your off days, they are delicious.

tombd, don't be scared of the egg yolks man. You went from 1/7 to 10 whites. Someone on here said add some yolks and you completely took them out. if your going to eat 10 eggs, make 4 of them whole. Add one more serving of fish oil here.

Why Storm in the morning for breakfast. Use it intra-workout.

I personally would lose the whole wheat bread for some better source. Add oats to your shake if you want more carbs. Just throw PB and all in the shake.

Where is your post workout carbs? Something you should be taking in immediately. Universal Torrent would work for you.

And how long before you workout is meal number 2.

Forgot to write that 2 out of the 10 are whole, so I should raise it to 4 than? ok, will try it...

In the article i've attached - they mentioned taking creatine also for breakfast, all the places i wrote Creatine i ment the storm - I asked my Animal/Universal dealer here in Germany for universal Creatine and this is what I got, now I see on google that there is a different cretine powder for Universal, is the storm not good for using 3 times a day?

Whole bread - as well a recommendation from the article, I have no problem replacing it... how many grams of oats should i add to the shake?

After W/O I'm having a banana, not enough?

I eat meal # 2 and go after an hour to the gym, although i'm very flexible with that, how long should I ideally wait?

Thanks you all for your help, hoping to start the journey next week with a good starting point !

GUNS
04-05-11, 12:51 pm
Forgot to write that 2 out of the 10 are whole, so I should raise it to 4 than? ok, will try it...

In the article i've attached - they mentioned taking creatine also for breakfast, all the places i wrote Creatine i ment the storm - I asked my Animal/Universal dealer here in Germany for universal Creatine and this is what I got, now I see on google that there is a different cretine powder for Universal, is the storm not good for using 3 times a day?

Storm is a great Intra-workout drink. Don't know if you should use it 3 times a day though. Check this out
http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Supplements/Universal-Product-Reviews2/STORM-Review

Whole bread - as well a recommendation from the article, I have no problem replacing it... how many grams of oats should i add to the shake? Not hating on bread, just alot of people will say it is empty cals. Go with about 1 cup of cooked oats to start and if your hungry eat more.

After W/O I'm having a banana, not enough? No, it is a big Anabolic window of oppertunity for feeding your muscles. You need a simple carb along with some quality, quick absorb protein. I am talking, if you can eat in the gym, thats not fast enough if you know what I mean. Then an hour later, eat a solid food meal of protein and complex carbs.

http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Supplements/Articles/The-Anabolic-Window-Stack

I eat meal # 2 and go after an hour to the gym, although i'm very flexible with that, how long should I ideally wait? No thats good. Keep it that way.

Thanks you all for your help, hoping to start the journey next week with a good starting point !

I filled in some info in your quote. Good luck and read everything you can. This and the Universal site are a great place to learn. Soak it up man!

Back To Basics
04-06-11, 12:07 am
I filled in some info in your quote. Good luck and read everything you can. This and the Universal site are a great place to learn. Soak it up man!

GUNS you the man, thanks for helping out.

GUNS
04-06-11, 1:41 am
Thanks BTB! Just trying to help a Fellow Animal out. Passing on what has been passed on to me.

tombd
04-07-11, 7:11 am
Perfect guys, thank you so much ! I decided to go the best I can so ordered Torrent as well, should get it soon and on Monday will start the journey and let everyone know my progress !

GUNS
04-07-11, 7:46 am
Just recieved a 6lb tub of green apple. It tasts soooo good. Should be helpfull for me and my schedule. Good luck man, You need anything, let us all know.

Back To Basics
04-09-11, 1:16 am
Torrent is the real deal man, stuff has an awesome profile !