PDA

View Full Version : My Rage & Universal Whey Combo for Early Morning Workouts

unclejason
04-05-11, 9:37 am
Ok, this is gonna sound unorthodox in regards using Rage, but I'm finding I get better workouts if I take a scoop of whey (Universal Ultra Whey) followed by a rounded scoop of Rage.

Here's the deal; I wake up at 4:40am and I'm in the gym doing by first set by 5:00am. I think the rules may shift a little for those who workout at this time; for me, I love it and I don't ever see myself changing my routine (been doing early mornings for years now) .

I know it's said to be better to take Rage on an empty stomach but I need something in my stomach first thing in the morning. I've tried Rage on its own of course and I went back and forth several days with Rage by itself, and Rage with (after) the whey. As strange as it may sound, the whey doesn't seem to dilute or throw off the impact of Rage; in fact, if anything it seems to compliment the affects. I'm guessing there's no impact due to whey absorbing so quickly. Also, I feel the aminos in whey help compliment Rage to some degree during my workout for sustainable muscle energy as opposed to working out on an empty stomach.

Of course if I worked out any other time of the day, I would do the conventional whole meal an hour or more before my workout then a scoop of Rage 30 minutes or so later.

Despite the fact this seems to work for me, I'm considering replacing the whey with another Animal product that's packed with aminos and taking that with Rage. Your thoughts/suggestions are welcome...

ToSo
04-05-11, 9:46 am
Interesting to see that the whey is complimenting the Rage for you, I say if whey and Rage is working already why switch? Then again it wouldn't hurt to try and mix it up and see if an amino product goes better with Rage. I personally like drinking atomic 7 or EAA stack during my workout and taking Rage on an empty stomach.

G Diesel
04-05-11, 9:55 am
That whey is getting soaked up so quickly because you are taking it in a fasted state upon waking. Makes perfect sense.

Keep doing what you are doing man, as you don't want to be training on a completely empty stomach. Beyond that, the bottom line is feeling the effects from Rage. If it is still hitting you hard, stick with it.

Peace, G

unclejason
04-05-11, 11:43 am
Thanks for the responses...true, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

And yeah, I'm definitely feeling the effects of Rage. This stuff is great!

unclejason
10-05-11, 3:42 pm
I started this in April and here we are in October already. I'm still doing a scoop of whey (or whey/casein blend) following by a shot of Rage first thing in the morning before my workout. Still get the same effect. I did pick up some Shock Therapy and alternated that with Rage every few days. But it's just Rage (after my whey) now. Love it!

J-Dawg
10-05-11, 4:11 pm
I like the sound of it! I'm doing Rage first in the morning with some Nitro and a small amount of carbs, and then follow it up with some Ultra Whey Pro Mocha Cappuccino. Just a reversal of the timing that you have but great results nonetheless!

unclejason
10-05-11, 4:15 pm
I like the sound of it! I'm doing Rage first in the morning with some Nitro and a small amount of carbs, and then follow it up with some Ultra Whey Pro Mocha Cappuccino. Just a reversal of the timing that you have but great results nonetheless!

Yeah it's good stuff man! I need to try the Ultra Whey Pro Mocha Cappuccino...

C.Coronato
10-06-11, 11:56 am
Sounds damn good man! Thats what this life is all about, finding and adapting to what works best for you.

J-Dawg
10-06-11, 12:23 pm
Yeah it's good stuff man! I need to try the Ultra Whey Pro Mocha Cappuccino...

The Ultra Whey Mocha Capp is worth a shot!