PDA

View Full Version : What is it about a leg day?

MRmichael.hooker
04-08-11, 7:42 am
You know its going to hurt. You know its going to be fucking brutal. You can have extremely intense workouts with any other body part, but nothing compares. No other experience is quite the same. You spend all morning eating, prepping, staying focused. No outside distractions. No interferences. If you’re not laying in the corner, on your knees in the squat rack, or puking in the trash can, you leave pissed because it wasn't a true leg workout. From the first warm up set, you know it's coming. The pain. The feeling in your gut, the feeling of self doubt. There you are, sitting on a bench wrapping the knees for that last set. Knowing it's going to be fucking heavy. Knowing the second the bar hits your traps, it's on. You've done heavy weight before, but for some reason this time, you are unsure. What if I don't get it? What about all the work I've already done? Is there enough left in the tank? The lift off... the step backwards to clear the rack... The wheels are already shaking and exhausted from the mountain of plates you threw on the leg press, knees to fucking face leg presses. From the lunges you were doing all around the damn gym. Even from the leg extensions you used earlier just to warm up the knees, the pain has all built up for this one lift, the squat. You stand there for a second or two, just with the bar on your back. Telling yourself over and over in your head... you're about to fucking squat better than you ever have in your life. 1, that wasn't so bad. Came up pretty easily. 2, Good rep, ass-to-floor. 3, Got it again, this time in a good rhythm. Not quite locking at the top, almost, just keeping good pressure and tension on the legs. 4, Why was the 4th rep so much shittier than the 3rd? 5, Time to grind some teeth and push on. 6, that fucking sucked. A few choice words are coming out, sweat pouring down the forehead and into the eyes. Feels like the weight of the world is chillin on your back. 7, FUCK! Then the best part happens, the collapse. There you sit, regaining your thoughts, staying focused on the only thing that matters, if you don't finish this last set, the whole workout was fucked, and you might as well just go home. A few on lookers, in their damn white beaters so they can talk to chicks, offer to lend a hand and rerack the weight. You need just enough to get it back on your back, so you can finish. Let's try this again, 7. You get it this time. Three more, no less. 8, the small rest was all you needed. 9, no it wasn't. Fucking shit is heavy again, now from the rest-pause, the legs are wrecked. Time to go down one more rep. Ass-to-floor rep, not some piece of shit rep just to say you finished it. A real rep. Down you go. Sittin in the whole for a second, gathering all the strength you possibly can, pushing with all your might. 10. Time to unwrap the knees, lay back against the wall. When a few seconds go by and you can see straight, just reach for that amino drink thats been fueling your workout so far. Think that was brutal? You know you still have hamstrings and calves to do! Why do we do this to ourselves? Because we are bodybuilders, and the legs feed the wolf.

spartan300
04-08-11, 8:22 am
After reading that It made me want to go out and squat a caddy!

MRmichael.hooker
04-08-11, 8:27 am

thanks man, put some effort into it lol. getting my mind ready for a leg day in about a hour and gathering some thoughts

ToSo
04-08-11, 9:11 am
Sick post, very descriptive....was envisioning myself doing squats/leg press. Real shit, thoes thoughts run through my mind like crazy sometimes, the battle within!

MRmichael.hooker
04-08-11, 11:34 am
Sick post, very descriptive....was envisioning myself doing squats/leg press. Real shit, thoes thoughts run through my mind like crazy sometimes, the battle within!

Yup. Just finished dealing with the battle within. Glad I posted this earlier because everytime I almost hit a sticking point today, I remembered what I typed on the forvm and it got me through

MRmichael.hooker
04-09-11, 8:52 am
My wife ended up reading this and loving it lol. So that's good considering all she does is p90x and no squats lol

spartan300
04-09-11, 1:59 pm
What it takes to get amped up for a grueling workout. Whether it be quads, back or any other part mentally you must prepare yourself if the demands you impose are great. Physically you know you must meet these demands in order to accomplish your ultimate goal. The deciding factor between greatness and mediocrity is a person's will. The will to endure and persevere. Our will is our navigational chart to what lies ahead for us. Success or failure? I know some will say it's just lifting weights. Why get so philosophical? To those I say PISS OFF!!! Stay focused my brothers/sisters in IRON. Let no one distract us from our appointed duty.

MRmichael.hooker
04-09-11, 4:31 pm
What it takes to get amped up for a grueling workout. Whether it be quads, back or any other part mentally you must prepare yourself if the demands you impose are great. Physically you know you must meet these demands in order to accomplish your ultimate goal. The deciding factor between greatness and mediocrity is a person's will. The will to endure and persevere. Our will is our navigational chart to what lies ahead for us. Success or failure? I know some will say it's just lifting weights. Why get so philosophical? To those I say PISS OFF!!! Stay focused my brothers/sisters in IRON. Let no one distract us from our appointed duty.
I like, good addition bro

MRmichael.hooker
04-18-11, 7:30 am
Had to pull this out for my quad workout Saturday. Every leg day seems to be another challenge

MRmichael.hooker
04-29-11, 6:43 am

Im gonna try today!

Sprint
04-30-11, 6:25 pm
Summed it up so well bro.

BarbellManiac
04-30-11, 7:00 pm
lol Come on MR!!! I'm deloading this week and you make me feel bad about intensity. I'm pumped! Nice job!

its Lbc
05-18-11, 7:10 pm
Today was Leg day for me, and I read that...Unreal.

That was Epic. I Love Reading Shit like that...Like all G's Daily Notes! Them fuckin things...make you wonder why, we do this shit to ourselves on a Daily Basis. Only one Answer...

We Love it.

MRmichael.hooker
05-19-11, 5:17 am

That was Epic. I Love Reading Shit like that...Like all G's Daily Notes! Them fuckin things...make you wonder why, we do this shit to ourselves on a Daily Basis. Only one Answer...

We Love it.

thanks bro

J Wolf
05-29-11, 3:12 pm

We Love it.

We do it because it's the only thing that we have, the only shit that matters to us, the rest is just a bunch of material shit