PDA

View Full Version : Natural Bodybuilding pre-contest diet 12 weeks out to day of show?

trainhard
04-10-11, 8:38 pm
I have been doing a lot of "looking" online as to what a diet should look like prior to the contest. Theres a lot of different ideas/"opinions." I know every diets works different for everyone, but im looking fo ra common "diet" that works well for anyone. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to protein, carb, cal., fat consumption for 12 weeks out up until the day of the show. Im looking for a meal plan, I weigh 200lbs.
Thank You

deanna7272
04-10-11, 11:23 pm
I'm no expert, but I can say this... NO diet is "common" and works for everyone. Especially with a prep diet, you body is going to react differently than the next person. My suggestion is to hire a prep coach to see you through the 12 weeks. Do some investigating, find someone that is knowledgeable with prep nutrition, and be sure to realize that just because they are a "trainer" doesn't mean they can get you through to a contest.

GUNS
04-11-11, 12:51 am
I'm no expert, but I can say this... NO diet is "common" and works for everyone. Especially with a prep diet, you body is going to react differently than the next person. My suggestion is to hire a prep coach to see you through the 12 weeks. Do some investigating, find someone that is knowledgeable with prep nutrition, and be sure to realize that just because they are a "trainer" doesn't mean they can get you through to a contest.

Very well said. Agree to find someone. If you can't do your research and try things out now. Don' twait till you get closer. Checkout Universalusa.com. There is some really good articles over there as well. Includes salt/water intake.

FitPrincess122
04-11-11, 11:14 am

D I couldn't agree more... Every "body" is different and responds and reacts to different plans. What works for one guy won't necessarily work for the next... From my personal experience it is DEFINITELY worth hiring a prep coach.

C.Coronato
04-11-11, 11:35 am
I 100% agree with everyone, and it certainly is a person to person basis. Here is exactly what I am doing, and you can adjust accordingly to what you need. I am 197 at 13 weeks out:

1 - 4 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oats
2 - 7oz chicken, 3oz rice, 1/4 cup nuts, veg
3 - same as 2
4 - same as 2
5 - (post workout) - 2 scoops Pro & Oats
6 - 2 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 4oz steak

Kevlar
04-12-11, 1:49 pm
As mentioned, a trainer is key. I am 3.5 weeks away from my first show (7 MAY 11 NPC Contra Costa). After almost 15 years of hardcore training, competing in a show and pre contest dieting put me in unchartered territory. Becoming shredded and peeled is a whole new ball game. My trainer has had me on the same # of protein, but my fats went down a little and my carbs went down by 25g every time we made an adjustment. My cardio went nuts too. Now we are cycling carbs like crazy. Get a trainer who knows a lot about competing and pre contest dieting, as well as posing. A couple things that did help was weighing myself every morning and writing a log (comparing the changes with dietary changes), and a good digital scale for my food to truly know what I am eating. Remember your bf% will be dangerously low and needs to be at showtime, since everyone on stage will be like that too. Don't be the guy on stage who doesn't belong. A trainer is necessary at least for your first show. Without mine, I wouldn't know shit about this- especially posing and last minute dietary tools.

MRmichael.hooker
04-12-11, 2:00 pm
Get a trainer who knows a lot about competing and pre contest dieting, as well as posing. Don't be the guy on stage who doesn't belong. A trainer is necessary at least for your first show. Without mine, I wouldn't know shit about this- especially posing and last minute dietary tools.

THIS!! The difference of knowing how to pose and not can be win or lose. You need someone who can help you learn your body and metabolism. First few years of bodybuilding i've been able to work with Neil Hill. A little bit of money out of pocket, but the expierence the guy has was worth every penny. Not to mention i've learned so much about my body having a coach. 30-45 mins after each meal, check your stomach to see how your midsection reacts to each food type. You can look great the whole week of the show, and then come in with water or flat or a million other things. A good coach can really help all your time dieting and training be worth while

trainhard
04-14-11, 12:24 pm
Ultimately, is high protein (1.5g/lb) and gradually lowering the carbs up until week of show is a good direction?

Kevlar
04-14-11, 12:37 pm
Ultimately, is high protein (1.5g/lb) and gradually lowering the carbs up until week of show is a good direction?

With my experience, pretty much yes. But my trainer has me throw in a high carb re-feed day once a week. I do this on a day for a bodypart that I want to get the biggest (Legs). Also this prevents the body from becoming adjusted to decreasing carbs.