PDA

View Full Version : Amusement Park dieting

MRmichael.hooker
04-11-11, 5:11 pm
So I'm taking the wife to an amusement park because she missed it allll last summer being preggo. ? Is, what the hell am I suppose to do about eating when they won't let u bring in food? Dieting blows lol

C.Coronato
04-11-11, 5:25 pm
Is the baby coming with you? Stick some shakes and bars into the baby bag. Or her purse. Im sure they will have a place with grilled chicken sandwiches, eat that with out the bread.

Can you leave and go back in? I know here in NJ, the Six Flags lets you leave and come back in. Stick a cooler in your car if thats possible.

Flash419
04-11-11, 6:13 pm
Some parks have a picnic type area too (for schools and large groups).. you can usually store a cooler there.

Grilled chicken sandwiches.. or even salads with grilled chicken is also possible.
Depending on exactly what is on your diet.. you can also look for the buffet type places. Alot of them have all the salad you can eat, and even have grilled chicken or even steak. It's not as impossible as it would seem.

Remember too that your likeley to be on your feet and walking for 90% of the day. Your going to burn off ALOT of calories. And remember to drink. Just a tip.. some places have started taking the caps off of plastic bottles (for our safety LOL).. I think so we'll spill them or drink them faster to get us to buy more. So... put a water bottle cap in your pocket, and maybe a cap for a pepsi bottle to if your or your wife drink that. Should help you out.

Enjoy!!

Phil800101
04-11-11, 6:21 pm
Good advice so far.

Are you dieting down for a show/meet, or just cutting in general? If it's the former, then I would say go out to the car or a picnic area. If it's the latter, then I would take it as a day off and enjoy myself. I mean, don't go nuts or anything, but a day of some crappy (yet delicious) food won't kill you, and it might even trick your metabolism...plan this as a cheat day/cheat meal. And as was said, the walking will burn off calories.

dannynb
04-11-11, 6:32 pm
Is the baby coming with you? Stick some shakes and bars into the baby bag. Or her purse. Im sure they will have a place with grilled chicken sandwiches, eat that with out the bread.

Can you leave and go back in? I know here in NJ, the Six Flags lets you leave and come back in. Stick a cooler in your car if thats possible.

Some parks have a picnic type area too (for schools and large groups).. you can usually store a cooler there.

Grilled chicken sandwiches.. or even salads with grilled chicken is also possible.
Depending on exactly what is on your diet.. you can also look for the buffet type places. Alot of them have all the salad you can eat, and even have grilled chicken or even steak. It's not as impossible as it would seem.

Remember too that your likeley to be on your feet and walking for 90% of the day. Your going to burn off ALOT of calories. And remember to drink. Just a tip.. some places have started taking the caps off of plastic bottles (for our safety LOL).. I think so we'll spill them or drink them faster to get us to buy more. So... put a water bottle cap in your pocket, and maybe a cap for a pepsi bottle to if your or your wife drink that. Should help you out.

Enjoy!!

Good advice so far.

Are you dieting down for a show/meet, or just cutting in general? If it's the former, then I would say go out to the car or a picnic area. If it's the latter, then I would take it as a day off and enjoy myself. I mean, don't go nuts or anything, but a day of some crappy (yet delicious) food won't kill you, and it might even trick your metabolism...plan this as a cheat day/cheat meal. And as was said, the walking will burn off calories.

I think that about covers it.

PORTERHOUSE
04-11-11, 6:54 pm
if you're doing a show, time it so you can make that you're cheat day and eat a shit load of funnel cakes and ice cream or whatever else.

If you aren't doing a show, time it so you can make that you're cheat day and eat a shit load of funnel cakes and ice cream or whatever else.

if you aren't using cheats or your show is coming up soon, then do what everyone else said and pack your food in the car, get your hand stamped and come back in. But you and your wife will probably have a better time if you just relax a bit.

Bruiser
04-11-11, 9:49 pm
if you're doing a show, time it so you can make that you're cheat day and eat a shit load of funnel cakes and ice cream or whatever else.

If you aren't doing a show, time it so you can make that you're cheat day and eat a shit load of funnel cakes and ice cream or whatever else.

if you aren't using cheats or your show is coming up soon, then do what everyone else said and pack your food in the car, get your hand stamped and come back in. But you and your wife will probably have a better time if you just relax a bit.

Damn you PORTHERHOUSE!! I want a F***ING funnel cake now... and I'm cutting.... grrrrrrrrrr I will get even... lol

MRmichael.hooker
04-12-11, 5:26 am
Instead of quoting and commenting on everyones, ill just make one reply lol. 1-Yes, contest prep. 2-Mmmmm funnel cakes. 3-Baby is staying with grandparents, so i'll pack the cooler. Forgot they will have the picnic area. Don't really feel like going from one end of the park to the other to grab the cooler, but my friends will just have to deal with it I suppose lol. 4-Mmmmm funnel cakes lol