PDA

View Full Version : Lamest yahoo post ever! check it.

NashoArms
04-11-11, 9:35 pm
This is the most f'd up thing i have ever seen that Yahoo has posted before and it revolves around lifting. Some it true well maybe one thing. Check it out for your selves.
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-6-exercise-machines-you-must-avoid-2470714/

PORTERHOUSE
04-11-11, 9:45 pm
I actually agree with no. 5, Smith machines are the devil!

Hercules
04-11-11, 9:59 pm
So I guess its OK to use the monolift and deadlift platform... Those are all that matter anyway.

JasonG
04-11-11, 10:08 pm
Agree with the lat pull down behind the neck. What they are describing are what's called rack pulls. Putting a bar across your lap or loading up a backpack with weights. Outstanding exercise. Couple weird things in that article but nothing too out of line in my opinion.

Mr.X
04-11-11, 11:13 pm
leg extention is a proven exercise for soccer players

helps range of motion and strength in the quads

yahoo is always fulla shit

NashoArms
04-12-11, 1:07 am
yah so u dont get it why they bash these exercises, the only one that i would agree with is the behind the head pulldowns because it effects the spine......just sayin

IronWilson
04-12-11, 10:32 am
They are sort of right about leg extensions. The risk of injury is relatively high with heavy leg extensions. But when used in a higher rep range, it's a good exercise.

The problem is that they are looking at everything in black and white. Training is the biggest gray area that there is. For example, I don't see the seated hip abductor as a real muscle-building exercise. However, I do use it to warm up and get my hips and glutes firing properly before I train legs.

Big D
04-12-11, 10:50 am
most of the time yahoo is a joke.. but they make some good points here...

false-- not the lamest yahoo post ever.

Aggression
04-12-11, 11:19 am
I do all of those movements, except squatting on a smith machine. And I will continue to do all of those movements, except squat on a smith machine.

FitPrincess122
04-13-11, 1:14 pm
I do all of those movements, except squatting on a smith machine. And I will continue to do all of those movements, except squat on a smith machine.

I completely agree with Agg.

LegendKillerJosh
04-14-11, 12:51 pm
So I guess its OK to use the monolift and deadlift platform... Those are all that matter anyway.

Boom, damn straight brother.

Besides who needs machines when you can do body weight squats haha that is just stupid for anyone to say. How is using only your body weight suppose to do anything?

Whatever, that's why I only powerlift now cause I only care about my bench, dead and squat