PDA

View Full Version : Failure: Not an option... Katie's Quest

Pages : [1] 2 3

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 2:53 pm
I guess something finally clicked and its now time to start my "journey". Granted it started long ago, but its time to be held accountable and lean on my Animal family from here on.

I'm not quite sure even where to begin, but a little background may be appropriate

All my life I've lived about 15 min east of Cincinnati, Oh. (So I'll claim to be a Cinci girl, otherwise, no one would know where the hell I'm talking about when I say New Richmond. Lol). I've been extremely active and some sort of an athlete. Whether that be soccer, basketball, softball, track, swimming, I've done it all. It came easy and felt so natural. So no matter what time of year it was, I always had that "go to" place where I felt safe, accepted and understood. For a while I was lost, broken, and alone. Now, my "go to" is the gym. It feels like home and over the past few months it's hit me like a ton of bricks and HERE is where I need to be with my Animal family and just about the only place that "gets" my life. My family and friends think I'm crazy and obessed. They're exactly right. They don't understand why I prepare my meals each day and why most days revolve around training. But I've realized that I'm actually not alone! I thank all of you for that ahead of time!

Just like each individual, I have a "story" and significant past experiences (obstacles as I like to call em) that ultimately lay the foundation and shapes who we are, where we came from and who we're destined to be. So feel free to ask questions, comment or whatever!

In May it will be a year ago that I first competed. The 6 months prior to that, were the first 6 months I ever "trained" in my life (roughly Dec. 2010)... so YES! I have SOOOOOO much to learn and I'm soooooooo eager to do so. Please please don't hesitate to call me out, give me pointers, advice, recommendations or anything in between about training or life in general.

As of right now, I'm 24, working full time and going to school full time. I graduate in Sept and have no plans of competing again until after graduation. A typical work week looks like:

Monday- Friday:
Wake: 5:30 (work is 60 min commute each way)
Work: 730-430
School: 5:30-9 (no class friday)
Train: After class - whenever I finish

Looking back my schedule was the same last year as it is now and I think to myself: "how the fuck did u train for a show?" Well the results spoke for themself... not AT ALL where I needed to be! So... next show prep I for it to be a COMPLETELY different story. I just focusing on transforming the ol bod and improving parts that lag, which is just about everything minus my legs. Fortunately I've been blessed with wheels!

I can finally say that mentally I'm ready. After a beyond-words-shitty-ass relationship I'm taking life on the journey I create and not some bullshit from someone else. A relationship should compliment your life, not denounce it.... Right?? Well until I find that special someone, I'm A-OKAY on my own! =)

Plans as of now: I decided that 110% for myself the next 21 weeks (thats until graduation) I hope to really hit it has hard as possible, eat as clean as possible (no real "diet") and transform my body! So I hope you all join me on this wild and crazy ride and if nothing else I can promise I'll have a damn good time and will ALWAYS be smiling!

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 2:55 pm
I guess something finally clicked and its now time to start my "journey". Granted it started long ago, but its time to be held accountable and lean on my Animal family from here on.

I'm not quite sure even where to begin, but a little background may be appropriate

All my life I've lived about 15 min east of Cincinnati, Oh. (So I'll claim to be a Cinci girl, otherwise, no one would know where the hell I'm talking about when I say New Richmond. Lol). I've been extremely active and some sort of an athlete. Whether that be soccer, basketball, softball, track, swimming, I've done it all. It came easy and felt so natural. So no matter what time of year it was, I always had that "go to" place where I felt safe, accepted and understood. For a while I was lost, broken, and alone. Now, my "go to" is the gym. It feels like home and over the past few months it's hit me like a ton of bricks and HERE is where I need to be with my Animal family and just about the only place that "gets" my life. My family and friends think I'm crazy and obessed. They're exactly right. They don't understand why I prepare my meals each day and why most days revolve around training. But I've realized that I'm actually not alone! I thank all of you for that ahead of time!

Just like each individual, I have a "story" and significant past experiences (obstacles as I like to call em) that ultimately lay the foundation and shapes who we are, where we came from and who we're destined to be. So feel free to ask questions, comment or whatever!

In May it will be a year ago that I first competed. The 6 months prior to that, were the first 6 months I ever "trained" in my life (roughly Dec. 2010)... so YES! I have SOOOOOO much to learn and I'm soooooooo eager to do so. Please please don't hesitate to call me out, give me pointers, advice, recommendations or anything in between about training or life in general.

As of right now, I'm 24, working full time and going to school full time. I graduate in Sept and have no plans of competing again until after graduation. A typical work week looks like:

Monday- Friday:
Wake: 5:30 (work is 60 min commute each way)
Work: 730-430
School: 5:30-9 (no class friday)
Train: After class - whenever I finish

Looking back my schedule was the same last year as it is now and I think to myself: "how the fuck did u train for a show?" Well the results spoke for themself... not AT ALL where I needed to be! So... next show prep I for it to be a COMPLETELY different story. I just focusing on transforming the ol bod and improving parts that lag, which is just about everything minus my legs. Fortunately I've been blessed with wheels!

I can finally say that mentally I'm ready. After a beyond-words-shitty-ass relationship I'm taking life on the journey I create and not some bullshit from someone else. A relationship should compliment your life, not denounce it.... Right?? Well until I find that special someone, I'm A-OKAY on my own! =)

Plans as of now: I decided that 110% for myself the next 21 weeks (thats until graduation) I hope to really hit it has hard as possible, eat as clean as possible (no real "diet") and transform my body! So I hope you all join me on this wild and crazy ride and if nothing else I can promise I'll have a damn good time and will ALWAYS be smiling!

And I apologize in advance to spelling and grammatical errors.. I tend to not proof read and unless there's something I don't know, the forvm doesn't have spell check. LOL

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 3:01 pm
1st...!!!

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 3:04 pm
For my job, I am required to sit at a desk.... UGH. So most of the time I end up getting quite antsy. So yesterday after an already long week in the office, I was going a bit crazy (well crazier than usual lol) so I figured I need to "run to the post office" (aka. the gym) just to clear the mind and regain a bit of sanity. So I told the boss "i'll be back, gotta mail out a package" lol (shhhh little fib). On the way there I got a call from one of my buddies... he's like "where the hell r u? shouldn't you be at work?" since music was blarring and wind gushin into the phone (Oh not to mention is was the PERFECT day, 72 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, light breeze) I said of course I should be but I had to get the hell outta there... I'm headed for a quick run. So here's the kicker...

Buddy says: "If I didn't know any better I would be worried about you and call for an intervention. You're like a crack addict, sneakin around, gettin ur fix then continuing on with ur daily life. You're an iron junkie, always lookin for ur next fix."

Of course I chuckled since every bit is completely on point, and busted out a 25 min run and returned to the office.

This is one of those random thoughts that I would love to share... this is the place right???

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 3:05 pm
1st...!!!

Welcome & Thanks!!! =)

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 3:21 pm
Welcome & Thanks!!! =)

Glad to see you start one of these up...!!! BTW... Is New Richmond anywhere near hamilton...??? I have a friend, from there...

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 4:09 pm
Glad to see you start one of these up...!!! BTW... Is New Richmond anywhere near hamilton...??? I have a friend, from there...

New Richmond... about 45 min. But I work in Fairfield and Hamilton is like 3 minutes from there!

C.Coronato
04-15-11, 4:15 pm
Welcome ! Glad to see your doing well!

The Iron Gumby
04-15-11, 8:43 pm
This is one of those random thoughts that I would love to share... this is the place right???

It is! Thanks for sharing your Journey!

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 11:14 pm
It is! Thanks for sharing your Journey!

No doubt. Gotta start somewhere!

FitPrincess122
04-15-11, 11:17 pm
Welcome ! Glad to see your doing well!

Thank you! Be sure to check in on me periodically. Hope all is well with ur prep & recovery!

deanna7272
04-16-11, 1:20 pm
So glad to see that you are getting things situated and that things are leveling out for you. Just as I've said before, we have ALL had our bumps and taken our lumps as far as life, but it's how you recover and proceed that makes all the difference in the world. You definitely have the right attitude, the drive, and the dedication to bring all you want in this journey to full fruition.

We are all here for you... Feel free to bounce ideas, ask questions, vent, rant, whatever you wish, this is YOUR place in the world...

Subbed and you know I'm always around...

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 9:20 am
So glad to see that you are getting things situated and that things are leveling out for you. Just as I've said before, we have ALL had our bumps and taken our lumps as far as life, but it's how you recover and proceed that makes all the difference in the world. You definitely have the right attitude, the drive, and the dedication to bring all you want in this journey to full fruition.

We are all here for you... Feel free to bounce ideas, ask questions, vent, rant, whatever you wish, this is YOUR place in the world...

Subbed and you know I'm always around...

You are awesome!! Thank you so much for always being there and likewise my dear! You'll never know how truely blessed and thankful I am for you! <3 See u soon!

MRmichael.hooker
04-18-11, 9:28 am
[QUOTE=deanna7272;1098708]this is YOUR place in the world... QUOTE]

Love it D. And welcome along, you've got tons of backing in here. Best of luck :)

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 9:28 am
Every Friday night for the past couple months, myself and 2-6 other ladies get a kettlebell workout in to wrap up our week. So Friday we hit a little of everything and finished with a tabata circuit incorporating ropes, med ball slams, and jump rope.

Big D
04-18-11, 9:41 am
Every Friday night for the past couple months, myself and 2-6 other ladies get a kettlebell workout in to wrap up our week. So Friday we hit a little of everything and finished with a tabata circuit incorporating ropes, med ball slams, and jump rope.

i want to be involved with this. asap. thanks.

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:17 am
Saturday hit a repeat of a few weaker body parts @ the Sweatt Shop.

Hams, Bis & Lower back

Warmup 10 min treadmill

Hams
Laying ham curl - 25x70, 3 sets 15 x 80, 90, 90
Cable Deadlifts- 3x15
Glute/Ham- 3x15

Bis
Incline curls- 3x15 (15, 20, 20)
Alternating curls- 3x15 (20, 25, 30) 35x8
Hammer curls (two different variations) 3x15

Lower Back
Weighted Reverse leg raises? (some crazy ass hammer strength machine) 5x15
Hypers 3x15

Cascade
04-18-11, 10:25 am
Saturday hit a repeat of a few weaker body parts @ the Sweatt Shop.

Lower Back
Weighted Reverse leg raises? (some crazy ass hammer strength machine) 5x15
Hypers 3x15

Haha, nearly spit out my oatmeal. Hammer Strength makes some pretty crazy looking machines!

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:27 am
Sunday's 10 am ritual @ the KB Studio (AMAZING as always)

We hit stations with 3 rounds at each 12-15 reps per movement

1. Swings (106), deadlifts(106), snatches(44) (all supersets)
2. Water bag cleans w/ squat, seated double presses
3. Turkish getup with single leg deadlift @ top 5 each side
4. Pull ups, bosu push ups, and abs

Tabata circuit two different rotations

1. Ropes, box jumps, heavy swings, jump rope (double unders)

2. 2 person ropes, glute/ham, water bag crunches on the ball

Finished with a 30 min LISS outside... GORGEOUS day out walked around Cvg.

After training hit up Whole Foods and a little shopping at Rookwood (outdoor mall). Perfect much a perfect sunday!

Hittin legs today @ 5!!!!!

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:27 am
i want to be involved with this. asap. thanks.

U'd LOVE it! Get ur ass here if u think u could hang.... doubt it though... lol

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:29 am
Haha, nearly spit out my oatmeal. Hammer Strength makes some pretty crazy looking machines!

Lmao... I've never seen machines like this and only at the Sweatt Shop... It was def, what i like to call it, "stupid good"!

dannynb
04-18-11, 10:30 am
Def Subbed for this. Look forward to watch your growth and development. Most of, your daily .02.

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:30 am
[QUOTE=deanna7272;1098708]this is YOUR place in the world... QUOTE]

Love it D. And welcome along, you've got tons of backing in here. Best of luck :)

Thank you thank you! I'm super excited!

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 10:39 am
Def Subbed for this. Look forward to watch your growth and development. Most of, your daily .02.

Great to have u!! =)

Hmmmm... now if this is a stupid question I apologize ahead of time but what do u mean "most of, your daily.02."? lol

dannynb
04-18-11, 10:58 am
Looking forward to watching your development and hearing your daily two cents "your thoughts".

Sorry, only had one cup of coffers so far today.

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 11:05 am
Looking forward to watching your development and hearing your daily two cents "your thoughts".

Sorry, only had one cup of coffers so far today.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I see!!!! love it, .02 < i get it now!!! I love me some coffers too! lol...

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 11:07 am
So how do u guys re-create the links in your "signature"? lol

Big D
04-18-11, 11:19 am
U'd LOVE it! Get ur ass here if u think u could hang.... doubt it though... lol

ohhh snap.
i think you should bring that little party to my gym in nJ

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 11:30 am
ohhh snap.
i think you should bring that little party to my gym in nJ

lol.... hmmmmm... road trip to nj???? kinda like the sound of that! u up and runnin?

Big D
04-18-11, 11:40 am
lol.... hmmmmm... road trip to nj???? kinda like the sound of that! u up and runnin?

you ladies most defintely need a road trip to nj... yesssss we are... still no fire inspection but that hasnt stopped anything haha

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 11:44 am
you ladies most defintely need a road trip to nj... yesssss we are... still no fire inspection but that hasnt stopped anything haha

Lmao!! Nice... well that may definitely be something we can work out... where u at in nj?

Big D
04-18-11, 11:51 am
Lmao!! Nice... well that may definitely be something we can work out... where u at in nj?

north jersey.. bergen county

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 1:22 pm
north jersey.. bergen county

I'll see what I can do and keep u posted...

ghost
04-18-11, 2:30 pm
:-p

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 2:47 pm
:-p

aaaahhhhh yes yes yes u found me! :-)

ghost
04-18-11, 5:11 pm
aaaahhhhh yes yes yes u found me! :-)

haha. yeah. :D

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 8:15 pm
Leg day.... this is by far my fav day of the week and today was the first of many sessions with my new "leg partner". Gotta give him mad props for pushing me to a WHOLE NEW level...

5 min treadmill warmup

Squats 20x95 (wu), 15x135, 10x185, 8x225, 2x315 PR
Leg Press: 20x5pps, 20x 7pps, 20x 9pps, 5x9pps focused on negative (HUGE PR)
Leg extensions: 15x90, 15 x 130, 15 x 170, 20 x 80

Deadlifts (smith machine) 3 sets of 12-15
Ham cable pull throughs: 3 sets 15
Laying ham curls: 2 sets 20x80 (really squeezed at the top)
Walking lunges: 3 sets of approx. 25 each set w/ 20 lb dbs

Pre: Rage

I think that was it... my legs are like goosh. I even made him take a video of the 9pps since I figured no one would believe me... hell I didn't believe it myself!

I left the gym and my ass is whooped. Period. Woman down.

Bedtime early.... night y'all! <3

Cascade
04-18-11, 9:58 pm
Leg day.... this is by far my fav day of the week and today was the first of many sessions with my new "leg partner". Gotta give him mad props for pushing me to a WHOLE NEW level...

5 min treadmill warmup

Squats 20x95 (wu), 15x135, 10x185, 8x225, 2x315 PR
Leg Press: 20x5pps, 20x 7pps, 20x 9pps, 5x9pps focused on negative (HUGE PR)
Leg extensions: 15x90, 15 x 130, 15 x 170, 20 x 80

Deadlifts (smith machine) 3 sets of 12-15
Ham cable pull throughs: 3 sets 15
Laying ham curls: 2 sets 20x80 (really squeezed at the top)
Walking lunges: 3 sets of approx. 25 each set w/ 20 lb dbs

Pre: Rage

I think that was it... my legs are like goosh. I even made him take a video of the 9pps since I figured no one would believe me... hell I didn't believe it myself!

I left the gym and my ass is whooped. Period. Woman down.

Bedtime early.... night y'all! <3

Cannot lie. Some of these totals are way beyond where I'm at. Your leg press is crazy impressive.

Blondie Weapon X
04-18-11, 10:22 pm
YAY!!!
Nice job on starting your Journal! Btw...it's all about you here so say whatever you need to ~ right!!
And I have told you lately that your legs ARE a freak of nature for a woman!!! LOL!! You have a HUGE jump on any woman that you compete against!! Everything else will follow when you are ready. You made some terrific awesome changes to your body last year in really a short period of time! I was impressed :)
Huggs to you...and I'll be seeing you soon!! WARRIOR DASH will be here before we know it!!!

btw...i hardly ever proof read my stuff either...and some post are really laughable!! So laugh your ass off =D

deanna7272
04-18-11, 10:51 pm
You are awesome!! Thank you so much for always being there and likewise my dear! You'll never know how truely blessed and thankful I am for you! <3 See u soon!

Awwww.. You sure know how to make a girl blush...lol Believe me, you have proven to me that you are a keeper...lol... Listen, I may not know everything (even though I sometimes ACT like I do ... Shhhh don't tell anyone...lol) but whatever I can do to help, just ask...

When will I see you again???? I am meeting with the wiz tomorrow to get an official start (I know, it's a long time coming...lol) Get your buns to The Shop and see me!!!

you ladies most defintely need a road trip to nj...

Ahem.... just saying...lol

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 9:08 am
Cannot lie. Some of these totals are way beyond where I'm at. Your leg press is crazy impressive.

Well thank you... I have to give some major props to genetics.... especially in regards to my legs. Its just a matter of everything else catching up to them! lol. I have a video out there of the presses, somewhere... it's pretty cool. Just keep training hard and balls to the wall... EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! =)

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 9:14 am
Well thank you... I have to give some major props to genetics.... especially in regards to my legs. Its just a matter of everything else catching up to them! lol. I have a video out there of the presses, somewhere... it's pretty cool. Just keep training hard and balls to the wall... EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! =)

I feel your pain lol. Before ever touching weights, people always use to tell me I had big legs (like, 6 and 7 grade lol). Now it makes the upper body look lagging. But guess thats why we body 'build'. Wish I had a partner, guy or girl, who would train legs as hard & heavy as you do. Tired of working with pencil legged dudes lol

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 9:14 am
YAY!!!
Nice job on starting your Journal! Btw...it's all about you here so say whatever you need to ~ right!!
And I have told you lately that your legs ARE a freak of nature for a woman!!! LOL!! You have a HUGE jump on any woman that you compete against!! Everything else will follow when you are ready. You made some terrific awesome changes to your body last year in really a short period of time! I was impressed :)
Huggs to you...and I'll be seeing you soon!! WARRIOR DASH will be here before we know it!!!

btw...i hardly ever proof read my stuff either...and some post are really laughable!! So laugh your ass off =D

I figured now is as good of time as any to start one of these right!? lol. Oh and I'm sure I'll be saying all sorts of stuff... sometimes my "filter" fails me and super random, crazy, perverted, inappropriate shit comes spewing out! But hey... you'll have that! =)

Awwww thank u love... I would have to agree and especially after yesterday's leg workout I may just actually agree with u that my legs are a bit ridiculous! lol. And THANK YOU SOOOOOO Much for such a wonderful compliment and even more than that... being such a HUGE part of my life over the past year. I'm soooo excited for the many many years to come!

Oh girl... Warrior Dash is gonna be FANTABULOUS!!!! Super excited about it even though I've only hit the "road" running twice with all this shitty weather we've been having...

Maybe plan a training day soon??? Even trip to the body shop to train w/ D too???????? =) HUGE-O HUGS!!!!! <3

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 9:21 am
Awwww.. You sure know how to make a girl blush...lol Believe me, you have proven to me that you are a keeper...lol... Listen, I may not know everything (even though I sometimes ACT like I do ... Shhhh don't tell anyone...lol) but whatever I can do to help, just ask...

When will I see you again???? I am meeting with the wiz tomorrow to get an official start (I know, it's a long time coming...lol) Get your buns to The Shop and see me!!!

Ahem.... just saying...lol

Oh u know me... I'll surely ask and I apologize in advance for potentially stupid questions! lol. No no no my dear... YOU are the keeper! Golly how did this girl get so lucky?? No worriess.... you're secrets safe with me! hehe =)

Ohhhhh goodie goodie!! Meeting's w/ the master r always incredible.... u DEFINITELY have to let me know what the "plan" is... and goodness... i GOTTA GET THERE!!!! I'm have withdrawals... shakes, cold sweats, the works! lol Let's try and get something planned for Mayish?!

Oh my hooer girl... u KNOW ur in!!! What do u think??? Sounds like a SPLENDID idea to me! =) U think nj could handle us??? LMAO!

Big D
04-19-11, 9:33 am
Oh my hooer girl... u KNOW ur in!!! What do u think??? Sounds like a SPLENDID idea to me! =) U think nj could handle us??? LMAO!

THAT might be the funniest thing ive read in a while

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 9:35 am
I feel your pain lol. Before ever touching weights, people always use to tell me I had big legs (like, 6 and 7 grade lol). Now it makes the upper body look lagging. But guess thats why we body 'build'. Wish I had a partner, guy or girl, who would train legs as hard & heavy as you do. Tired of working with pencil legged dudes lol

I like that... we body "build"! And soo soo true! The thing with my legs isn't that they are "huge" persay, b/c as far as measurements go they aren't at all... they are just extremely lean... all of the time. I hold little to no fat in them. I can't complain, especially as a woman.

A training partner, especially for me, on leg day is HUGE and anytime ur close... hit me up! lol. There's something crucial to be said about having that someone there. I mean train hard as fuck and think that I'm relatively strong, so I guess the mental thing kicks in when I'm by myself and I don't lift as heavy. I get scared?

What type of place do u train at?

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 9:42 am
THAT might be the funniest thing ive read in a while

oh u think nj can?

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 10:04 am
"Hurt so good".

Leg day was yesterday and already I feel the effects. the biggest challenge of today is standing up with the additional 4 inches to contend with (heels). it should be fun!

Enforcer
04-19-11, 10:10 am
Looks like you figured out how to start a journey. Good shit. Def. looking forward to checkin in from time to time and checkin out your progress. Def. keep up the hard as work, always great to see the ladies of the Forvm getting involved more and more on here

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 10:25 am
Looks like you figured out how to start a journey. Good shit. Def. looking forward to checkin in from time to time and checkin out your progress. Def. keep up the hard as work, always great to see the ladies of the Forvm getting involved more and more on here

Lol... finally figured it out and bit the bullet to get it together and have my ass held accountable. =) balls to the wall is the only way i roll! and damn i'm feelin it today. can't wait for tomorrw.

Big D
04-19-11, 11:09 am
oh u think nj can?

positive.

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 11:32 am
positive.

alrighty then... we're a bunch crazy bitches, that train insane... just forewarning u

Big D
04-19-11, 11:37 am
alrighty then... we're a bunch crazy bitches, that train insane... just forewarning u

yea yea yea.. its all internet talk until i see it in person.

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 12:41 pm

The ultimate quote of any forum, ever.

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 12:48 pm
The ultimate quote of any forum, ever.

I would have to absolutely agree.

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 12:49 pm
I like that... we body "build"! And soo soo true! The thing with my legs isn't that they are "huge" persay, b/c as far as measurements go they aren't at all... they are just extremely lean... all of the time. I hold little to no fat in them. I can't complain, especially as a woman.

A training partner, especially for me, on leg day is HUGE and anytime ur close... hit me up! lol. There's something crucial to be said about having that someone there. I mean train hard as fuck and think that I'm relatively strong, so I guess the mental thing kicks in when I'm by myself and I don't lift as heavy. I get scared?

What type of place do u train at?

Yup, I agree. And closest I get to training in OH is when i'm in Indianapolis, lol. Or Columbus at the Arnold. Other than that, never really in Ohio lol Sorry. And ya I definently wouldn't complain, since legs are about the biggest area 'general' women complain about. (the training you do and life you ladies on here live make you much better than the general population of chicks lol). I train at 2 different types of place. I work for a gym, so I can go to any of them I want to. They are nice, big gyms with tons of equipment and attract anything from meatheads to soccer moms. And then I also train at a little 24/7 gym close to my house. It has everything I need and lots of 45lb plates. Only thing it doesnt have is alot of variety in equipment, much more of freeweight only workouts. What about your gym?

Mr. Dead
04-19-11, 12:50 pm
Nice leg session...!!! How goes the hobbling, today...???

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 1:46 pm
Yup, I agree. And closest I get to training in OH is when i'm in Indianapolis, lol. Or Columbus at the Arnold. Other than that, never really in Ohio lol Sorry. And ya I definently wouldn't complain, since legs are about the biggest area 'general' women complain about. (the training you do and life you ladies on here live make you much better than the general population of chicks lol). I train at 2 different types of place. I work for a gym, so I can go to any of them I want to. They are nice, big gyms with tons of equipment and attract anything from meatheads to soccer moms. And then I also train at a little 24/7 gym close to my house. It has everything I need and lots of 45lb plates. Only thing it doesnt have is alot of variety in equipment, much more of freeweight only workouts. What about your gym?

Thats awesome! Well my gym... hmmm almost on a daily basis it could be different. Mondays (legs) I trained at Urban Active, super mega chain gym with all the bullshitters standing around gawking especially at a chick that lifts more than most the guys (LOL... yep I'm that girl! ), tues, weds, thurs I'm usually at a different UA location and I absolutely HATE training at but it super close to school and fits in after class. Fridays & Sunday I'm at a gym called "Swing This" which is a kettlebell studio that we've recently expanded. Saturdays I've been training at a place called the "Sweatt Shop". It's a badass gym, they have the craziest machines and packed with powerlifters and bodybuilders and is the type of place that anyone who walks in the door wants to throw shit around! lol.

Then I have a membership to this bullshit place called planet fitness... it's open 24/7 and loaded with cardio equipment which comes in handy during contest prep.

I'm all over the place and actually hate it. Ever since the gym I used to train at (last year) closed, I'm still on the hunt for a gym to call "home".

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 1:47 pm
Nice leg session...!!! How goes the hobbling, today...???

From my ass to knees... its brutal and standing up with the additional 4 inch heels i have on... NOT THE KEY TO SUCCESS! lol

Mr. Dead
04-19-11, 2:04 pm
From my ass to knees... its brutal and standing up with the additional 4 inch heels i have on... NOT THE KEY TO SUCCESS! lol

*LOL* But... At least, you're mobile... And, able to stand, on your own power... That's a plus...

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 2:11 pm
*LOL* But... At least, you're mobile... And, able to stand, on your own power... That's a plus...

LOL. You are soo right! I love it!

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 2:31 pm
Ever since the gym I used to train at (last year) closed, I'm still on the hunt for a gym to call "home".

Yup I feel ya on that one! My first real gym closed a in 08' and havent found anything close since. The owner was a retired IFBB pro, so it was stocked with shit. It was 4 buildings connected. 1 was all cardio, 1 was machines. That room rocked because being an ex pro, he had machines for every body part. Even standing and seated calves! 1 was for classes, and 1 was nothing but free weights. Lots of powerlifters and bodybuilders, loud music, and metal weights that clanged as you slammed em around. Great atmosphere and he closed it to be a travling personal trainer for nascar (making about double what he made running the gym, so who can blame him). These fancy places are nice to look out, but seriously lack the atmosphere for real training

Big C
04-19-11, 4:27 pm
Alright now got a journey up and runnin. Good. I know I'll see some big weight being tossed around, show these girls and guys how to train.

deanna7272
04-19-11, 10:42 pm

Ummm.... I've seen ya'll in action.... Scared, ain't gonna lie....

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 8:59 am
Alright now got a journey up and runnin. Good. I know I'll see some big weight being tossed around, show these girls and guys how to train.

I'm surely gonna try... Thx for checkin in on me! =)

Big D
04-20-11, 9:02 am
I'm surely gonna try... Thx for checkin in on me! =)

gotta make sure youre not slapdickin around hhaha

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:07 am
Ummm.... I've seen ya'll in action.... Scared, ain't gonna lie....

Lol... naw, D... we got this! =)

MRmichael.hooker
04-20-11, 9:10 am
uhoh, Big D vs little D

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:20 am
UA Bellevue around 8:15 after class (Def one of my least fav places to train)

10 min warmup on treadmill @ 3.3

~Shoulders~
Standing lateral db raises: wu 10 x 25, 2 sets of 15x12, 2 sets 20 x 12
Rev Pec Dec: 4x15
Seated db press: 4 of 25 x 15
Upright row: 4 x 15
BB Presses: 3 x 15
Single arm rear delt: 3 x 15 each

~Abs~
Crunches on stability ball: 5 sets of 20
Hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 20

~PWO Cardio~
30 min elliptical

Lately I've been hitting the treadmill or running outside since I'm getting ready for the Warrior Dash in June (can't fucking wait for that)... But my legs helluva sore so I settled for elliptical.

Actually stretched (I'm really bad about this) then peaced out, home to cook meals and bed.

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:24 am
gotta make sure youre not slapdickin around hhaha

lmfao! damn straight D....

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:25 am
uhoh, Big D vs little D

Big D vs. Little D +1 < We come as a package! lol

Big D
04-20-11, 9:26 am
Big D vs. Little D +1 < We come as a package! lol

2 on 1.. i like it

RechkenBall319
04-20-11, 9:46 am
FELLOW ANIMALS! Follow my journey on TWITTER !

@ BigAlReckInBal

FOLLOW ME AND I'LL FOLLOW YOU

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!"

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:48 am
FELLOW ANIMALS! Follow my journey on TWITTER !

@ BigAlReckInBal

FOLLOW ME AND I'LL FOLLOW YOU

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!"

Hmmm... I don't have a twitter...? Do u have thread on here?

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 10:25 am
2 on 1.. i like it

ur ate up... it'd probably be more like 8 on 1. haha

Big D
04-20-11, 10:51 am
ur ate up... it'd probably be more like 8 on 1. haha

well fuck me sideways.. NOW im excited.

BamBam
04-20-11, 4:34 pm
Just found this.. along for the ride..

IN IRON,
BB-

deanna7272
04-20-11, 11:37 pm
uhoh, Big D vs Little D

Ooooohhh look out, this might just be a new face off for the Cage '12???

;)

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 6:52 am

;)

So wait a minute, 2 on 1 for Big D, but no hooker's involved? How can there be any kind of fun without a hooker?

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 9:23 am
Just found this.. along for the ride..

IN IRON,
BB-

Oh good!!! Glad ur here! =)

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 9:24 am

;)

oooooohhhhhh snap!!! i like i like!

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 9:33 am
UA Bellevue

10 min warmup on treadmill... attempt to run = FAIL (legs SHOT from monday)

Pull ups (assisted): warmup x 15, 4x12
Low rows: 4x12
Close grip pulldowns: 4x12
T-bar rows: 3x12, dropset of 15
Wide grip pull downs: 2 x 25
Hypers: 4x20

Streched.

30 min pwo cardio on elliptical.

So far the ol legs feel great today... foam roller really helped! I think i may have a "running" date tonight, especially since it's sunny out.

BamBam
04-21-11, 11:54 am
UA Bellevue

Streched.

So far the ol legs feel great today... foam roller really helped! I think i may have a "running" date tonight, especially since it's sunny out.

Glad to be here as well.. Nice back work.. the foam roller has saved my life more than once and have fun with that running crap.. that stuff is for the birds lol..

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 12:22 pm
Glad to be here as well.. Nice back work.. the foam roller has saved my life more than once and have fun with that running crap.. that stuff is for the birds lol..

I knew I should have got the "pokey" roller @ the Arnold... and THAT thing.....SHEESH... leaves me breathless AND speechless every time! lol.

Oh so I take it that after the ABC (whenever u FINALLY tell me when ur havin one) we're going for a 3 mile run??? LOL. I prefer to think of running more like a gazelle, not a bird silly... those things fly! lol

BamBam
04-21-11, 2:27 pm
I knew I should have got the "pokey" roller @ the Arnold... and THAT thing.....SHEESH... leaves me breathless AND speechless every time! lol.

Oh so I take it that after the ABC (whenever u FINALLY tell me when ur havin one) we're going for a 3 mile run??? LOL. I prefer to think of running more like a gazelle, not a bird silly... those things fly! lol

The pokey rolller.. I need to look into this if it's as orgasmic as you make it seem lol..

After the ABC.. hmm? Running eh? I run more like a grizzly.. or not at all.. lol.. But hey, ya never know with me.. Should have a date for the ABC this weekend when I talk to the gym manager.

IN IRON,
BB-

Mr. Dead
04-21-11, 2:37 pm
Nice session...!!! Buildin' da batwings...!!!

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 2:38 pm
I run more like a grizzly

HAHA

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 2:47 pm
The pokey rolller.. I need to look into this if it's as orgasmic as you make it seem lol..

After the ABC.. hmm? Running eh? I run more like a grizzly.. or not at all.. lol.. But hey, ya never know with me.. Should have a date for the ABC this weekend when I talk to the gym manager.

IN IRON,
BB-

Orgasmic.... hmmmm.... some may say that... i can see the similarities... LOL... but seriously check it out. It's identical to the normal foam roller but has "pokey nubs" all the way around so it hits each muscle fiber even deeper and precise. It probably has a real name, but dunno what it is.

Nice... can't wait to hit up the KY ABC!!! Oh and best of luck with the move this weekend... golly I HATED movin! lol

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 2:48 pm
Nice session...!!! Buildin' da batwings...!!!

Yes sir!! I'm surely tryin anyway... really tryin to focus on my lower back so that when I train legs it doesn't get strained as much.

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 2:50 pm
probably has a real name, but dunno what it is.

Ya I tried googling that, it came up with Skating rinks and the Hokey Pokey lol

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 3:00 pm
Ya I tried googling that, it came up with Skating rinks and the Hokey Pokey lol

LOL... Google "Trigger Point Foam Roller"... thats a better description. LOL

BamBam
04-21-11, 3:15 pm
LOL... Google "Trigger Point Foam Roller"... thats a better description. LOL

I googled orgasmic foam roller.. and I SWEAR to you, the "rumble roller" came up.. I believe that's what you were talking about haha!

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 3:19 pm
I googled orgasmic foam roller.. and I SWEAR to you, the "rumble roller" came up.. I believe that's what you were talking about haha!

hahahaha too funny!

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 3:20 pm

LMAO!!!! jfaoidsuf02934unavb89dpf90uo23nhr23904108uonvlkdja <that's internet excitement! lol) YES YES YES YES YES thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that is fanfreakintastic!!!!!!

BamBam
04-21-11, 3:21 pm
LMAO!!!! jfaoidsuf02934unavb89dpf90uo23nhr23904108uonvlkdja <that's internet excitement! lol) YES YES YES YES YES thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that is fanfreakintastic!!!!!!

It is now in my cart on elitefts.com hahaha!! I need a new one so why not right? I'll let you know if my results were as good as yours LOL!

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 3:25 pm
It is now in my cart on elitefts.com hahaha!! I need a new one so why not right? I'll let you know if my results were as good as yours LOL!

Well I'm just gonna throw it out there that they probably wont be... LOL... But do let me know!!!! I think i'm gonna be purchasing one too! Maybe we can get a group discount?? lol

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 3:35 pm
Well I'm just gonna throw it out there that they probably wont be... LOL... But do let me know!!!! I think i'm gonna be purchasing one too! Maybe we can get a group discount?? lol

how orgasmic are we speaking?

BamBam
04-21-11, 4:14 pm

Haha.. I will def let you know and yeah we prob should go in together and save.. Being patient and all ;) lol

how orgasmic are we speaking?

From her capital letters and overall enthusiasm.. Im going with a 9 on the richter scale

Blondie Weapon X
04-22-11, 1:53 pm
Some AWESOME dialogue going on here!!
Did you get out and run yesterday??? t was so nice out!! Although Danny told me that I couldve drove my 3 miles....it still wouldve counted!!! hahaha
<3 ya HOOER!!

FitPrincess122
04-22-11, 11:36 pm
Arms

10 min treadmill warmup

Supersets on all

Alternating curls 4 x 12
Overhead extensions 4x 12

Bb curls 4 x12
Cable presses 4 x12

Hammer curls 3x12
DB kick backs 3x12

Bb 21's x3
Dips +45 x3

40 min cardio... Home!

MRmichael.hooker
04-23-11, 5:38 pm
Arms

10 min treadmill warmup

Supersets on all

Alternating curls 4 x 12
Overhead extensions 4x 12

Bb curls 4 x12
Cable presses 4 x12

Hammer curls 3x12
DB kick backs 3x12

Bb 21's x3
Dips +45 x3

40 min cardio... Home!

Nice workout! Bet the arms were lovin the supersets lol. Have a great easter!

FitPrincess122
04-24-11, 6:23 am
I hope everyone has a safe and blessed Easter. <3

Big Mac
04-24-11, 7:43 am
Good stuff in here Katie. Have you one Tabata training? I think I caught that somewhere in here, just cant find it.

Happy Easter!

TheGreatWhite
04-24-11, 9:24 pm
UA Bellevue

Streched.

Solid back workout Katie! Lookin' good!

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 11:27 am
Haha.. I will def let you know and yeah we prob should go in together and save.. Being patient and all ;) lol

From her capital letters and overall enthusiasm.. Im going with a 9 on the richter scale

Capital letters and overall enthusiam via internet can be misleading... PLEASE NOTE: for the record that I get excited over all the little things in life whether it be the "Rumble Roller" or the new skin care products I got from Estee Lauder this weekend or a simple text from someone a care about... Just letting everyone know. lol =)

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 11:28 am
Good stuff in here Katie. Have you one Tabata training? I think I caught that somewhere in here, just cant find it.

Happy Easter!

Hey there Big Mac.... I sure have done tabata training if that's what you meant by one? lol... Usually twice a week I incorporate that. =)

Aggression
04-25-11, 11:32 am
in for the ride on this journey

Big Mac
04-25-11, 11:33 am
Hey there Big Mac.... I sure have done tabata training if that's what you meant by one? lol... Usually twice a week I incorporate that. =)

Stupid "D" Key is stuck! Sorry.. What exercises do you use for tabata? Ive read front squats and sprints are most used. Can you elaborate on tabata in general?

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 11:33 am
Some AWESOME dialogue going on here!!
Did you get out and run yesterday??? t was so nice out!! Although Danny told me that I couldve drove my 3 miles....it still wouldve counted!!! hahaha
<3 ya HOOER!!

You know me Dix... I always like having a good time and being goofy (inappropriate at times) but I will guarantee to always get the work done and above all else mean business.

Unfortunately on Thursday I wasn't able to get out for a run... I was either stuck at work or in class all evening then busted out a workout when I could... Mother Nature has been brutal on us down here and she doesn't show sign of letting up this week... UGH!

<3 u too my Hooer! =)

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 11:35 am
in for the ride on this journey

Good to have u Agg!

I'm just tryin be like u and obtain BAMF status..... =)

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 12:04 pm
Stupid "D" Key is stuck! Sorry.. What exercises do you use for tabata? Ive read front squats and sprints are most used. Can you elaborate on tabata in general?

I hate it when they get stuck! lol... i can assure you that i do NOT proof read or spell check ANYTHING on here so i'm pretty good at peicing things together! lol.

Tabata training is more or less interval training. A typical "tabata" interval is 20 secs on 10 sec rest for a a total of 4 minutes... or 8 rounds. Most phones have a "Training Timer" app that allows u to set sets, rests, training time etc.... The one i have is perfect and FREE compared to a "GymBoss" which are just interval training timers. What i exercises I usually do varies every time. My fav exercises probably are :

Ropes
KB Swings
Box Jumps
Jump rope

but also depends on where i am. Fridays & Sunday I train at "Swing This" Kettebell studio that has everything imaginable for this type of cardio training and ropes are by far my fav. So then what we'll do is set up 4 different stations (like those above) and cycle through them using the timer to go as hard as possible for 20 sec, rest for 10 then repeat for the total duration.

Lately in place of 30 straight minutes of running, elliptical, etc... I've been doing a "tabata" (4 min duration) as am cardio. Obviously at home I don't have ropes, so I'll do burpees or "turkish getups" or some other set of exercises to hit the entire body. so going as hard as posible for 20, restin for 10 keeps ur heart rate up and really starts my day off in a total of 4 min, compared to 30.... (i love sleepin) lol.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense. lol

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 12:05 pm
Nice workout! Bet the arms were lovin the supersets lol. Have a great easter!

I <3 supersets! and yes the lil chicken wings were feelin it!

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 12:06 pm
Solid back workout Katie! Lookin' good!

Thank u my dear! How goes things for u?? Did u have a good Easter?

Blondie Weapon X
04-25-11, 2:46 pm
I hate it when they get stuck! lol... i can assure you that i do NOT proof read or spell check ANYTHING on here so i'm pretty good at peicing things together! lol.

Tabata training is more or less interval training. A typical "tabata" interval is 20 secs on 10 sec rest for a a total of 4 minutes... or 8 rounds. Most phones have a "Training Timer" app that allows u to set sets, rests, training time etc.... The one i have is perfect and FREE compared to a "GymBoss" which are just interval training timers. What i exercises I usually do varies every time. My fav exercises probably are :

Ropes
KB Swings
Box Jumps
Jump rope

but also depends on where i am. Fridays & Sunday I train at "Swing This" Kettebell studio that has everything imaginable for this type of cardio training and ropes are by far my fav. So then what we'll do is set up 4 different stations (like those above) and cycle through them using the timer to go as hard as possible for 20 sec, rest for 10 then repeat for the total duration.

Lately in place of 30 straight minutes of running, elliptical, etc... I've been doing a "tabata" (4 min duration) as am cardio. Obviously at home I don't have ropes, so I'll do burpees or "turkish getups" or some other set of exercises to hit the entire body. so going as hard as posible for 20, restin for 10 keeps ur heart rate up and really starts my day off in a total of 4 min, compared to 30.... (i love sleepin) lol.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense. lol

Im lovin this idea!! I havent heard of tabata training...(so many different means of training, cant keep up) I do a sorta version of this but I think I will start the timer and see how I do.
Thanks for posting :)

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 2:47 pm
My date night consist of training at the Kettlebell Studio and since there's usually the same group of us girls... its an incredible night out when instead of getting shitfaced and getting greasy bar food... we train like fuckin animals and eat our protein pancakes and broccoli! Lol... I love Fridays!!

Now typically the conversation leads to ridiculousness and probably the same level of vulgarity as you'd hear at the bar, but we're getting work done!

~KB Training~

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what went down b/c I trained once, slammed a shake then trained again... so it's kinda a blurr. This week I'll have to write it down or something. LOL. For the first hour our calorie burn was something of 840.

Friday night- Prepared meals for Saturday's trip to Louisville then bed.

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 2:48 pm
Im lovin this idea!! I havent heard of tabata training...(so many different means of training, cant keep up) I do a sorta version of this but I think I will start the timer and see how I do.
Thanks for posting :)

Absolutely! I can guarantee that you'll love it and when I come there next (let's make it soon) I'll give you a first hand visual demonstration! =)

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 2:54 pm
Saturday I went down to Louisville to watch 4 of my girls compete at the "Derby" Bodybuilding, Bikini, Figure & Fitness comp... it was incredible and gave me that "itch" to get back on stage.... hmmmmmm...

Anywho... we stayed at the Galt House (gorgeous view of the river) and I was able to get in a bit of a cardio in between pre-judging and finals.

35 min elliptical (with a 360 view of the river!)

Abs
Stability ball crunches 2 x 50
Hanging leg raises 4 x 25

Had to hit the shower and get prettied up...

After finals we (22 of us total) headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some grub... I was such a good girl and stuck to the plan probably due to exhaustion b/c I actually love cheesecake but something about being up since 5 am and eating cheesecake @ 12:30am wasn't doin in it for me... PLUS yesterday was Easter and I knew the fam was gonna have something yummy... lol

Mr. Dead
04-25-11, 4:30 pm
Looks like ya had a pretty good weekend, there...!!!

MRmichael.hooker
04-26-11, 5:56 am
Ya... I probably would have skipped out on Easter dinner for some cheesecake factory

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 11:55 am
Decided to hit higher reps this week it an attempt to save my legs for this 5k I've been roped into doing on Saturday morning...

Side note -35 min am cardio (elliptical)

10 treadmill warmup pre workout

Squats 4x25 @ 135
Dead lift 4x 25 @ 90

Plie squats 4x25
walking lunges length of gym x 4

Extensions 3x25
Cable pullthrough (hams) 3 x 25

Laying ham curls 3x25
Box jumps 3x25 (just for fun)

Home.

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 1:24 pm
Yesterday was definitely an "eye opener" sort of day...

One of my closest friend's (practically my sister) learned over the weekend that her uncle has a brain tumor and went in for surgery yesterday. So, meaning the world to me I spent majority of my day at the hospital with her and her family.

The entire time I was there one couldn't help but think. (9am-5pm) Her uncle at the mere age of 51 was a clean book of health with an ideal life. He's in GREAT shape, father of two boys (12 & 17), gorgeous wife, ridiculously successful business man, close knit family, wonderful friends and BOOM friday night complains of a headache and was stumbling and Monday morning brain surgery is scheduled. Worst of it is not only is the tumor 1.on his brain, 2.bigger than they initially thought, 3. cancerous, and 4. has already spread to the rest of his body... I'm a firm believer in living life optimistically and thinking "it could always be worse" but to be in the shoes of him and his family at that moment sitting in the waiting room anything worse would just be too much to bear.

WOW even re-reading that surfaces so many emotions and my eyes well up. As I sat there with her and her family bullshitting about any and everything aside from the present i couldn't help but put myself in her shoes. What if this were my uncle? my dad? my husband? I continually thank God and prayed. That is all anyone could do.

After leaving and finishing my midterm I would typically head right to the gym and hit back & bis.... instead, with the sun actually shining, i made a detour to the Sawyer Point (a park that runs right along the ohio river) and took off running... so instead of posting my back & bi workout i changed it up.

there was probably a gazillion things that ran through my mind but really what sunk in was tomorrow is a gift... not a guarantee. So what i would love to be able to do while being blessed with whatever time given in this life, is live each day like its the last... no regrets and love whole heartedly, regardless of how hurt or broken our past has left us.

Im pretty sure that I could type for days but it all becomes such a jumble... moral of the story.... I love you guys!

Workout Recap:

5 miles

Altered Beast
04-27-11, 1:32 pm
SUBBED! Hi Katie =)

You should put a link to your journey on your signature! That way everywhere you post, people can click on the link!

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 2:03 pm
SUBBED! Hi Katie =)

You should put a link to your journey on your signature! That way everywhere you post, people can click on the link!

hmmmm.. i don't know how to do that? lol help?

MRmichael.hooker
04-27-11, 2:13 pm

bring up your journey. what you'll do is right click on the address bar (http://forum.animalpak etc etc) and 'copy' it. Then go to your profile and edit your sig. Then put "my journey: " and paste it there. Or put whatever you want, lol. You can put "Ohio is nothing compaired to Indiana:" and then paste it. I think that looks better lol

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 2:26 pm
bring up your journey. what you'll do is right click on the address bar (http://forum.animalpak etc etc) and 'copy' it. Then go to your profile and edit your sig. Then put "my journey: " and paste it there. Or put whatever you want, lol. You can put "Ohio is nothing compaired to Indiana:" and then paste it. I think that looks better lol

hmmm... i see but how do you get it to only show "My journey" instead of the entire www.address?? lol

zubda345
04-27-11, 2:29 pm

Copy the link of ur journey in ur signature and then save it simple. Ur signature is in ur settings....

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 2:45 pm
Copy the link of ur journey in ur signature and then save it simple. Ur signature is in ur settings....

i seee... i got that part but how do you make the link attached to "Your Journey" as the title without seeing the rest of the address?

Aggression
04-27-11, 2:45 pm
I agree with your outlook on life. Live it up. No regrets.

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 2:50 pm
I agree with your outlook on life. Live it up. No regrets.

=). I slowly died for ehhhhhh about 4 years and some change... some would think that i would/should "regret" those years but really its just shaped me into me today... and now life is all about living! that's just me anyway.

Aggression
04-27-11, 3:11 pm
=). I slowly died for ehhhhhh about 4 years and some change... some would think that i would/should "regret" those years but really its just shaped me into me today... and now life is all about living! that's just me anyway.

That's exactly how I feel. I was a drunk mess in college. Could I have trained and ate correctly for those 4 years, putting me much farther ahead at this point? Yeah. But would I go back and change it? Nope. Your past dictates who you become, whether those experiences are good or bad. They shape you. I've done a lot of bad things in my past. I've fucked up a lot. But its all about living. When I look back, I can say, 'I lived my life .. and at times, I lived it HARD'. I'd rather say that then have nothing to talk about ..

Big D
04-27-11, 3:40 pm
That's exactly how I feel. I was a drunk mess in college. Could I have trained and ate correctly for those 4 years, putting me much farther ahead at this point? Yeah. But would I go back and change it? Nope. Your past dictates who you become, whether those experiences are good or bad. They shape you. I've done a lot of bad things in my past. I've fucked up a lot. But its all about living. When I look back, I can say, 'I lived my life .. and at times, I lived it HARD'. I'd rather say that then have nothing to talk about ..

life is all about the stories..

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 3:42 pm

Absolutely agreed. the good and the bad shape you and in my case the past 4 years have been more of the bad but in the long run i can just about guarantee that i'm better because of it (and theres not many, if ANY thing that we can guarantee in life)... in my case i was in a relationship with a drunk and sure i drank too much too that whole relationship well... i'll leave it as closed chapter the good ol book of life. I surely wouldn't EVER want to go back, but glad I went through it. Oh of these days in addition to having great stories and talk about I hope to be able to "pay it forward" to either my niece or kids of my own....

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 3:44 pm

damn right.

Altered Beast
04-27-11, 4:48 pm
I couldn't agree with ya'll more. My story is an absolutely insane one, but like Agg said, has gotten us to this point!

MRmichael.hooker
04-27-11, 6:19 pm
i seee... i got that part but how do you make the link attached to "Your Journey" as the title without seeing the rest of the address?

im trying to figure out the same thing lol

Polk17
04-27-11, 10:15 pm

Fuck being boring... Keep your foot on the gas... And if you can't get drunk and laugh about the shit you have done in your past... Then I feel bad for you...

zubda345
04-28-11, 2:41 am

Ohh U mean how to connect the hyperlink.... That's a long process, I didn't connected that cause It's just too long to do on a website...

When ever I get the time to do that I will also PM u step by step process. :)

zubda345
04-28-11, 2:48 am
We all should look back at the memories and be thankful, cause of those momories we are here now... I am proud I am here at this stage now but some memories are too bitter that I do regret them.. Sometimes I want those old days back....

Still many memories bring smile on face but Now it's not goin well... But Now what I want I can't have due to many many reasons... And in this 3rd world country all I can say.... My Life's fucked...

Aggression
04-28-11, 8:22 am

When I read this line and saw who posted it, I laughed out loud and thought of one single story .. win.

Bruiser
04-28-11, 8:50 am
We've all got our stories and they make us who we are today. I battled alcohol and drugs for twenty years. I've got three years sober and almost two years clean. But I wouldn't trade those 20 horrible years for anything. If I did, I wouldn't be who I am, and I wouldn't be here with my Animal brothers right now.

dannynb
04-28-11, 8:50 am
Man I got some reading to do to catch up...girl you've been busy!

FitPrincess122
04-28-11, 8:57 am
Man I got some reading to do to catch up...girl you've been busy!

hehe!

MRmichael.hooker
04-28-11, 8:59 am
wheres my birthday present? --- holding hands out, waiting ---

FitPrincess122
04-28-11, 9:09 am
wheres my birthday present? --- holding hands out, waiting ---

Lol... patience Mr Hooker, patience. lol =)

BamBam
04-28-11, 11:03 pm
How r things in here??

FitPrincess122
04-29-11, 1:27 pm
Share, Love, Care and Believe in something = this is to give you a purpose in life. Whether it be your husband or wife, child or friend, higher power or your own wellness, what's the point if you dont believe in something to share your energy with?

ghost
04-29-11, 2:00 pm
Share, Love, Care and Believe in something = this is to give you a purpose in life. Whether it be your husband or wife, child or friend, higher power or your own wellness, what's the point if you dont believe in something to share your energy with?

i love my motorcycle. and of course you, duh. :D

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:23 am
Back

Pull ups: warmup x 15, 4x12
DB rows: 4x12

30 min treadmill

Stretched, home.

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:25 am
Should have been arms but instead had a mid-term group presentation that left me @ school from 4-11... I hate it when I miss a session but managed to get in a 30 min walk around campus... blah.

MRmichael.hooker
Back

Pull ups: warmup x 15, 4x12
DB rows: 4x12

30 min treadmill

Stretched, home.

short, simple, hit every angle, effective. Good job

FitPrincess122
"Date Night": KB Training

MRmichael.hooker
05-02-11, 9:26 am
im doing back today, you shoulda waited and came to do back! its only a 6hr drive lol

Big D
05-02-11, 9:28 am
"Date Night": KB Training

guess my invite got lost in the mail.

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:51 am
Legs...

10 min treadmill warmup

Leg extensions 2 x 20 warmup

Smith machine deads: 3 x 15
DB deads on bench (much deeper stretch): 4x15 (75, 85, 100, 100)

Shit got weird...

Superset:
Standing ham curls 3x15, with dropset of 20
Leg press 3 x 20

Leg press 1x100 started w/ 6pps for 25, 5pps for 25, 4pps for 50... verge of puking

Leg extensions 2 x 20

Stretched

30 min cardio

After training went to memorial for friends uncle (gorgeous day out) then out for the Reds games... Perfect saturday!

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:51 am
guess my invite got lost in the mail.

Silly boy its always an open invitation... duh!

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:57 am
Off day from training...

Mom and I went out for pedicure and some shopping (my mothers day gift to her.) She was sooo excited. I loved it! Have a wedding to go to May 7 so figured wedding attire is needed...

Indoor soccer game last night (WIN 3-2)

Hit up whole foods for my "Chocolate Balls" ingredients then home... and goodness gracious... it's gotta be illegal to charge $16 per lb for Gogi berries... for cripes sake!

Chest/tris tonight!

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 9:58 am
im doing back today, you shoulda waited and came to do back! its only a 6hr drive lol

6 hrs aint nothing... should have told me... lol

dannynb
05-02-11, 10:21 am
Some nice work being done in here. Workouts looking good, how's the diet? Giving yourself a little room for error or keeping it tight?

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 11:06 am
Some nice work being done in here. Workouts looking good, how's the diet? Giving yourself a little room for error or keeping it tight?

i had been giving myself a bit of room for error but now gonna tighten that shit up...no better time than the present right? lol

Altered Beast
05-02-11, 5:31 pm
Glad to see you're going to Whole Foods!

FYI, they started right here in Texas =)

MRmichael.hooker
05-03-11, 7:54 am
6 hrs aint nothing... should have told me... lol

ha alright, arms/abs/calves on wednesday. see you there

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 9:35 am
ha alright, arms/abs/calves on wednesday. see you there

class on weds.... lol

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 9:42 am
Chest/Tris (supersets on each)

10 min treadmill warmup

DB Flat bench: 35 x 12, 40 x 12, 45x12, 55x8
Overhead extensions: 4x12

DB Incline: 4 x 12
Dips + 45 plate: 4 x 12

DB flys: 4 x (12, 10, 10, 8)
Cable pushdowns: 3 x15

Bosu pushups: 3 x 15
Kickbacks: 3 x 15

Cardio:
PWO- 35 Elliptical

Enforcer
05-03-11, 11:09 am
Make sure you are working on those calves of urs...I def. think they are your weak point....lol

MRmichael.hooker
05-03-11, 11:10 am
class on weds.... lol

Excuses excuses

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 11:14 am
Make sure you are working on those calves of urs...I def. think they are your weak point....lol

lol... so what ur sayin is i need to start hittin em twice a week?? ;-)

Enforcer
05-03-11, 11:19 am
lol... so what ur sayin is i need to start hittin em twice a week?? ;-)

Lol, now you know I am just messing with you. Def. have great calves, some of the best Ive seen on a girl

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 11:25 am
Lol, now you know I am just messing with you. Def. have great calves, some of the best Ive seen on a girl

lol... yea i do (hence my response of hittin them twice a week. gotta love the internet)... i mean if Erik (House) gives me props on em, thats gotta count for something right?? lol.

Now if YOU need a few pointers, just ask! =P lol.

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 11:43 am

Thank u... means a lot coming from u.

Big Mac
05-03-11, 12:36 pm
Strong pressing! Keep it up!

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 12:49 pm
Strong pressing! Keep it up!

Thanks Big Mac... i'm gonna try.

naturalguy
05-04-11, 1:19 pm
Looking good in here girl, keep pushing

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 2:12 pm
Looking good in here girl, keep pushing

Thanks ng! no doubt... if only i could shake this migraine... =/

Altered Beast
05-04-11, 2:15 pm
Uh oh! Migraines?

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 3:00 pm
Sad, but true for the 3rd day in a row I have this ridiculous pounding going on in my head... Started on Monday and now rolling into weds not getting any better. I honestly can say that I've NEVER had a headache let alone this shit. I completely feel for those that have em all the time... I've tried:

Advil = 30 min relief
Excedrine Migraine = Bullshit

Anyone with any advice... help a sista out!!

MRmichael.hooker
05-04-11, 3:08 pm
Sad, but true for the 3rd day in a row I have this ridiculous pounding going on in my head... Started on Monday and now rolling into weds not getting any better. I honestly can say that I've NEVER had a headache let alone this shit. I completely feel for those that have em all the time... I've tried:

Advil = 30 min relief

somebodys pregnant

Mr. Dead
05-04-11, 3:15 pm

Advil = 30 min relief

How much caffeine are you getting, in a day...??? Also, are you susceptable to seasonal allergies...???

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 3:24 pm
somebodys pregnant

that is a 110% no.... not remotely possible. next idea?

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 3:26 pm
How much caffeine are you getting, in a day...??? Also, are you susceptable to seasonal allergies...???

since sunday:
monday: 16 oz coffee w/ 3 splendas & 1 serving of rage
tuesday: nothing
today: nothing & no food... i tried eating oats and couldn't keep it down...

no known allergies other than cats...

Mr. Dead
05-04-11, 3:33 pm
since sunday:
monday: 16 oz coffee w/ 3 splendas & 1 serving of rage
tuesday: nothing
today: nothing & no food... i tried eating oats and couldn't keep it down...

no known allergies other than cats...

And, how much do you normally take in...???

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 3:35 pm
And, how much do you normally take in...???

coffee & rage/shock- daily

Mr. Dead
05-04-11, 3:43 pm
coffee & rage/shock- daily

Hmmm... A lot of times changes in caffeine intake can trigger those... As well as dehydration or on very rare occasions, creatine...

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 3:47 pm
Hmmm... A lot of times changes in caffeine intake can trigger those... As well as dehydration or on very rare occasions, creatine...

hmmmmm....

Aggression
05-04-11, 4:06 pm
tough to say. up your water intake. that's the only possible solution I could think of.

everyone is different. I use a Kwik Energy in the AM and then either Rage/Shock on training days. I get a headache maybe 2 times a year.

FitPrincess122
05-04-11, 4:11 pm
tough to say. up your water intake. that's the only possible solution I could think of.

everyone is different. I use a Kwik Energy in the AM and then either Rage/Shock on training days. I get a headache maybe 2 times a year.

i drink 1-2 gal a day as is... but i'll try to up it. i know what you mean... i can't say i've ever in my life had a headache... fuck this. i feel for those who do.

Altered Beast
05-04-11, 5:22 pm
i drink 1-2 gal a day as is... but i'll try to up it. i know what you mean... i can't say i've ever in my life had a headache... fuck this. i feel for those who do.

You're taking in way too much caffeine. A side effect of caffeine overdose is migraines. Pick between shock therapy or RAGE, not both.

Be sure to drink plenty of purified water that is pH balanced over 8 and has minerals in it. Too much dead water out there that cannot be absorbed by the cells in the body.

The Wellness company I'm partnered with makes a badass water purification system. I pee ALOT less, feel better and am never thirsty.

I should charge you for this =)

deanna7272
05-05-11, 12:31 am
Funny fact about migraines (I get them, but mine have visual disturbances and NO known "cause") it's true... Caffeine CAN trigger headaches and caffeine can help take a migraine away... You can have TOO much and get one, or NEED some to make it stop...

MRmichael.hooker
05-05-11, 7:53 am
check out my sig now lol. RED oooooo

TheGreatWhite
05-05-11, 10:34 am
Be sure to drink plenty of purified water that is pH balanced over 8 and has minerals in it. Too much dead water out there that cannot be absorbed by the cells in the body.

I agree. We had a few weeks worth of getting to know acids and bases, and PanterA is right about an above pH level. I personally like Fiji Water, the pH is 7.8, so pretty close. But definitely keep pounding the water and pick between either rage or ST.

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 9:23 am
You're taking in way too much caffeine. A side effect of caffeine overdose is migraines. Pick between shock therapy or RAGE, not both.

The Wellness company I'm partnered with makes a badass water purification system. I pee ALOT less, feel better and am never thirsty.

I should charge you for this =)

Goof ball i DO NOT take Rage AND Shock... hell i think my heart would explode too! lol... only one or the other and only 1 serving... as far as water goes I'll be sure to be more aware of drinking purified and more pH balanced... the first gallon of the day is always brita filtered and then i usually re-fill with the "ice mountain" @ the office... lol.

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 9:29 am
Funny fact about migraines (I get them, but mine have visual disturbances and NO known "cause") it's true... Caffeine CAN trigger headaches and caffeine can help take a migraine away... You can have TOO much and get one, or NEED some to make it stop...

what do you do to get rid of them?

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 9:30 am
check out my sig now lol. RED oooooo

NICE!!! lovin the Red! Do hook a sista up!? lol

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 9:31 am
I agree. We had a few weeks worth of getting to know acids and bases, and PanterA is right about an above pH level. I personally like Fiji Water, the pH is 7.8, so pretty close. But definitely keep pounding the water and pick between either rage or ST.

Fiji is my fav too... and I absolutely will... Even though I may be known to do crazy things... rage AND ST sheer madness... I only take one of the other... Sorry if there was a typo in an above post. lol

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 9:53 am
5/3- Back/Bis... Attempt = Fail. This damn head issue is seriously crampin life especially physical activity... its a constant throbbin pain and anything involving additional strain instensifies the throbbin... Ugh

5/4- Off

5/5-Off.

Tonight is "Date Night" and apparently I'm just gonna have to deal with this shit... We'll see how it goes.

Busy weekend ahead...
Sat: Train (early a.m), Hair cut&color @ 1, then wedding to go to!!!
Sun: Church, KB training, & lunch with the girls then Mama's day dinner

** Of course all pending this "head case" situation going on....

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 11:07 am
20 min elliptical

Enforcer
05-06-11, 11:16 am
Keep killing it in the gym, hope ur head is feeling better, you got girls nite tonight so that should help brighten up your day

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 11:23 am
Keep killing it in the gym, hope ur head is feeling better, you got girls nite tonight so that should help brighten up your day

thx u babes... and ur def right... the girls are a guarantee to brighten the day and from the msgs i'm getting... it's gonna be a full house!!!! =D

my plan: to just push through. =P

Enforcer
05-06-11, 11:24 am
thx u babes... and ur def right... the girls are a guarantee to brighten the day and from the msgs i'm getting... it's gonna be a full house!!!! =D

my plan: to just push through. =P

Awwww shit, the natty is gonna be rockin 2nite...lol

FitPrincess122
05-06-11, 11:27 am
Awwww shit, the natty is gonna be rockin 2nite...lol

always... u know this ;-)

Altered Beast
05-06-11, 2:53 pm
What is your diet looking like?

FitPrincess122
05-09-11, 9:30 am
What is your diet looking like?

Diet right now is simple... keeping it clean, 5 meals every 3ish hrs. Egg whites & oats, fish/chick w/ greens, pwo shake. I give myself a cheat either Sat or Sun evening.... usually Sat since sunday tends to be a badass training day and the added carbs, fat, and calories make for a damn good session. At the end of the month gonna re-vamp some things so thats the basics as of now....

FitPrincess122
05-09-11, 9:53 am
The whole head thing... well it is what it is so just pushing through and trying to keep the pounding to a minimal. Scheduled a massage in hopes that its some sort of muscle/tension issue.

Friday:
"Date Night"- whole body circuit, finished w/ ropes (tabata).
PWO dinner with the girls.

Saturday:
-a.m. 3 mile run
-afternoon. Hair cut
-evening. Wedding. Had an absolute fabulous time and was so great seeing friends that I haven't seen in months.

Comment of the night: "You must workout." lol. I guess it's not the norm for a female to have define shoulders and legs.

Sunday: "Happy Mother's Day"
Church
KB Training w/ the girls
Lunch with the fam for Mama's day
Hit up the grocey store
Prepared the the week.

Today is absolutely GORGEOUS out. Sunday and in the 70's. I do not want to be in the office, BUT it's leg day and gonna to be a great one!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! =)

MRmichael.hooker
05-09-11, 9:55 am
[QUOTE=FitPrincess122;1107837] I do not want to be in the office, BUT it's leg day and gonna to be a great one!
QUOTE]

the calm before the storm...

FitPrincess122
05-09-11, 9:58 am
[QUOTE=FitPrincess122;1107837] I do not want to be in the office, BUT it's leg day and gonna to be a great one!
QUOTE]

the calm before the storm...

Perfectly said.

Altered Beast
05-09-11, 1:23 pm
What is your potassium and sodium intake looking like?

FitPrincess122
05-09-11, 1:27 pm
What is your potassium and sodium intake looking like?

hmmmm well now that is a great question..... according to my fog log... sodium is roughly 1,000 mg a day?... potassium... NO clue.

adidas
05-09-11, 1:46 pm
what's rope training? as in climbing or as in rope "waves" of some sort?

Kettle Bell training?!

and full body circuits!

Damn!

5 meals every 3ish hrs
and 5 meals every 3 hrs, that's what? 25 meals aday? ;-) I kid! I kid! seriously! lol

a lot of awesomeness going on in here!

FitPrincess122
05-09-11, 1:49 pm
what's rope training? as in climbing or as in rope "waves" of some sort?

Kettle Bell training?!

and full body circuits!

Damn!

and 5 meals every 3 hrs, that's what? 25 meals aday? ;-) I kid! I kid! seriously! lol

a lot of awesomeness going on in here!

Ropes, "Battling Ropes" incredible for tabatas and cardio!!!! You betcha! KB, full body circuits, pull ups using rings etc... it can get a bit crazy in here! =)

Altered Beast
05-09-11, 1:49 pm
hmmmm well now that is a great question..... according to my fog log... sodium is roughly 1,000 mg a day?... potassium... NO clue.

Up your potassium with fruits and veges. 2-3 milligrams of potassium per 1 milligram of sodium. Consume super fruits and vegetables like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, spinach, green kale, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, sweet potatoes, etc.

A side effect of lack of potassium is migraines, headaches and dehydration. Doesn't matter how much water you drink if your cells are not properly absorbing it.

We are going to fix this problem, keep in mind I do this for a living and want to help.

adidas
05-09-11, 1:53 pm
Ropes are next on my "To do" list! I love unconventional trianing!

Kettlebells get-ups, Windmills, swings, tire work, crossfit...def keep an eye in here to see what's going on and how progress is made!

deanna7272
05-09-11, 10:03 pm
The whole head thing... well it is what it is so just pushing through and trying to keep the pounding to a minimal. Scheduled a massage in hopes that its some sort of muscle/tension issue.

Saturday:
-a.m. 3 mile run
-afternoon. Hair cut
-evening. Wedding. Had an absolute fabulous time and was so great seeing friends that I haven't seen in months.

Comment of the night: "You must workout." lol. I guess it's not the norm for a female to have define shoulders and legs.

Hope the head gets better... Been battling the vision disturbances myself the past couple days (2 yesterday, one today)... Hmmm....

Saw pics of the wedding... Hmmm.... Who's the dude??? lol

And, the "you MUST workout"... When I first started, THAT was the comment that I wanted to hear...lol Now, my middle schoolers start comparing their biceps to mine!!! (I caught them flexing this morning after I stretched today during a movie...LMAO)

Altered Beast
05-09-11, 10:05 pm
I enjoy seeing that we have ladies on the FORVM =)

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 9:29 am
Hope the head gets better... Been battling the vision disturbances myself the past couple days (2 yesterday, one today)... Hmmm....

Saw pics of the wedding... Hmmm.... Who's the dude??? lol

And, the "you MUST workout"... When I first started, THAT was the comment that I wanted to hear...lol Now, my middle schoolers start comparing their biceps to mine!!! (I caught them flexing this morning after I stretched today during a movie...LMAO)

OH NOOOOO!!!!! Now ur head!! Oh goodness! How are you feeling????

There's pics of the wedding??? Where? How come I haven't seen them!? lol. The dude: well thank God for great friends... thats my male "bestie" Mike... i was on the fence about taking someone, not taking someone, back and forth back and forth so last minute he agreed to go... lol. So just friends... no new boy....... =( BUT we do have MUCH MUCH to catch up on! ;-)

I took all the comments in stride and as compliments b/c yes... i do workout =). But goodness the men out there.... my my my... slim pickn's. I love that they compare their biceps to urs! I would absolutely love to see that! I bet u have so much fun! Do u ever get the question... "so how much do you bench???"

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 9:29 am
I enjoy seeing that we have ladies on the FORVM =)

=)

MRmichael.hooker
05-10-11, 9:31 am
[QUOTE=MRmichael.hooker;1107839]

Perfectly said.

I know. lol

Big D
05-10-11, 9:42 am

There's pics of the wedding??? Where? How come I haven't seen them!? lol. The dude: well thank God for great friends... thats my male "bestie" Mike... i was on the fence about taking someone, not taking someone, back and forth back and forth so last minute he agreed to go... lol. So just friends... no new boy....... =( BUT we do have MUCH MUCH to catch up on! ;-)

I took all the comments in stride and as compliments b/c yes... i do workout =). But goodness the men out there.... my my my... slim pickn's. I love that they compare their biceps to urs! I would absolutely love to see that! I bet u have so much fun! Do u ever get the question... "so how much do you bench???"

thats because youre trying to pick from dudes in OH... bad decision.. try youre luck in nj ;) bahaha

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 9:52 am
Yesterday I ended up changing things up on a whim b/c someone challenged me to "Hell's Ladder" comeptition @ the KB studio. Monday's are usually legs (which I'll hit today instead) so... yesterday looked like this:

Hell's Ladder:

20 Swings
18 Goblet lunges
16 Snatches
14 Goblet squats
12 Push ups
10 Alternating swings
8 Renegade rows
6 Double cleans
4 Double squat press
2 Get ups

After each complete cycle you cross off bottom exercise and drop remaining reps by 2. So final set you're left with 2 swings. Who ever get finsihed first wins.

WINNER... finished in 52 min.

Side note: Left work got an hour massage (my first ever).... *AMAZING* I felt like a whole new woman, but then went and trained... I was told that isn't the smartest idea but ehhhh... whatev! lol

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 9:53 am
thats because youre trying to pick from dudes in OH... bad decision.. try youre luck in nj ;) bahaha

hmmmmmmm.... nj? <thinking............> you may just have an extremely valid point... I like where ur head's @ D. =)

Big D
05-10-11, 10:08 am
hmmmmmmm.... nj? <thinking............> you may just have an extremely valid point... I like where ur head's @ D. =)

its in the gutter... incase anyone was curious.

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 11:19 am
"There are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid."

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 11:20 am

no worries D... ur not alone.

Altered Beast
05-10-11, 12:43 pm
Did you take my advice, young lady? =)

ALSO! Forget the Midwest/Northeast, the most beautiful and most genuine people are in Texas and the South! Everyone knows that!

NJC_Manhattan
05-10-11, 12:58 pm
[QUOTE=ALSO! Forget the Midwest/Northeast, the most beautiful and most genuine people are in Texas and the South! Everyone knows that![/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree.

And good work Katie. Im surprised I just found this journey

Mr. Dead
05-10-11, 3:13 pm

Uhm... Knew that, already... *LOL*

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 3:15 pm
Did you take my advice, young lady? =)

ALSO! Forget the Midwest/Northeast, the most beautiful and most genuine people are in Texas and the South! Everyone knows that!

well sir... ironically enough after logging my exact food yesterday my sodium/potassium ratio was 1:2... granted i know you said for every 1mg of sodium to take in 2-3 mg of potassium so i'll continue to play with it... =)

so you claim the south has the most BEAUTIFUL and GENUINE people hmmmmm.... thats an awfully bold statement right there!

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 3:15 pm
Respectfully disagree.

And good work Katie. Im surprised I just found this journey

thank u, thank u! Glad you found it!! =)

Aggression
05-10-11, 3:26 pm

I second the above statement. NJ is where you need to be.

FitPrincess122
05-10-11, 3:35 pm
I second the above statement. NJ is where you need to be.

So the NJ is where its at huh?

Altered Beast
05-10-11, 4:14 pm
well sir... ironically enough after logging my exact food yesterday my sodium/potassium ratio was 1:2... granted i know you said for every 1mg of sodium to take in 2-3 mg of potassium so i'll continue to play with it... =)

so you claim the south has the most BEAUTIFUL and GENUINE people hmmmmm.... thats an awfully bold statement right there!

Good! Once you get it into proportion, you should start to feel much better.

I ALSO FORGOT! Do you eat lots of "whole wheat"? If so, you may be gluten intolerant. Whole wheat products give me migraines and make everything blurry as well! Good old fashioned food allergies! Try to find products that are, "gluten free", or switch to "whole grains".

It is and I am able to make it because it is true!

Big C
05-10-11, 4:23 pm
Nothin wrong with dudes from the Buckeye state. The big boys may be few and far between here though lol.

deanna7272
05-10-11, 11:11 pm

Yea, they ask me, but it really doesn't phase me because they either compare me to their Moms or my coworkers..lol (My coworkers "feel sorry" for me because I spend "so" much time in the gym...lmao Whatever...

Duh...

Nothin wrong with dudes from the Buckeye state. The big boys may be few and far between here though lol.

Agree... Big C represents!!

FitPrincess122
05-12-11, 9:58 am
Legs:
5 min treadmill warmup

*Superset
Extensions 2x25, 1x15
Laying ham 2x25, 1x15

Leg press 1x20, 1x100 w/ 3 drops

*Superset
Walking lunges (length of gym)
Single leg dead using 20lb dbs 3x15

Front squats 2x 25, 1x15

Standing calf raises 3x15

FitPrincess122
05-12-11, 10:13 am
Back/Bis

1/2 mile warmup

20 Pullups warmup
Hammer low rows: 3x15
Wide grip pulldowns: 3x15
DB rows: 15x40, 15x45, 15x50

Alternating db curls: 15x15, 20x15, 20x15
Incline db curls: 3x12
21's x 3

Abs:
Hanging leg raises x 100

20 min run outside... around the levee... muggy as hell.

Altered Beast
05-12-11, 11:42 am
Nice work!!

FitPrincess122
05-13-11, 9:05 am
Thursday's are long as hell for me work 730-430, class 530-930 so I took the day off from iron...

5:30 am- 8 min tabata first thing outta bed

10 pm- 30 min cardio

Tonight: "Date Night"... (shoulder emphasis)

Big D
05-13-11, 9:07 am
Thursday's are long as hell for me work 730-430, class 530-930 so I took the day off from iron...

5:30 am- 8 min tabata first thing outta bed

10 pm- 30 min cardio

Tonight: "Date Night"... (shoulder emphasis)

should read

"Tonight: "Date Night" ... (hip and groin emphasis)"

Altered Beast
05-13-11, 1:54 pm
should read

"Tonight: "Date Night" ... (hip and groin emphasis)"

LOL! Date Night is a GREAT movie =)

Kidding!!

MRmichael.hooker
05-16-11, 6:12 am
Gotta say, lived midwest for while, not to mention birthplace. But there are no girls like southern girls.

So the NJ is where its at huh?
Duh, haven't you ever seen Jersey Shore?

Altered Beast
05-16-11, 1:50 pm
Hellooooooooooooo? Have your migraines gotten better?

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:04 pm
Hellooooooooooooo? Have your migraines gotten better?

Hola chico! lol. Yes in deed they have (knock on wood). I'm pretty positive that I either 1. pulled something my neckish area or 2. pinched something b/c after my massage... MUCH better... Non the less i'm still keeping my sodium v. potassium in check and constantly keeping hydrated. thx for checkin in AND for all the awesome advice! =)

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:06 pm
Gotta say, lived midwest for while, not to mention birthplace. But there are no girls like southern girls.

Duh, haven't you ever seen Jersey Shore?

LMAO... i sure have seen Jersey Shore and if that were actually the case... i'm running to the west coast! lol. BUT everyone i've bet from nj is quite the opposite of them.

Altered Beast
05-16-11, 2:26 pm
Hola chico! lol. Yes in deed they have (knock on wood). I'm pretty positive that I either 1. pulled something my neckish area or 2. pinched something b/c after my massage... MUCH better... Non the less i'm still keeping my sodium v. potassium in check and constantly keeping hydrated. thx for checkin in AND for all the awesome advice! =)

No problem! Glad to hear it! Also cut out whole wheat products containing gluten.

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:33 pm
"Date Night" Incredible... just like always!

Pre cardio: 40 min run

Station work: 4 rounds

1. "Pac Man Squats" w/ water bag (12)
2. Snatches into windmill (5 each side)
3. Bosu pushups (12 each arm, )
4. Incline Pulls using handing ladders (36)

Tabata:
1. Battling ropes (Rainbows)
2. Renegade rows
3. Hang side leg raises
4. "Crab kicks"

Post cardio 20 min elliptical

Altered Beast
05-16-11, 2:34 pm
"Date Night" Incredible... just like always!

Pre cardio: 40 min run

Station work: 4 rounds

1. "Pac Man Squats" w/ water bag (12)
2. Snatches into windmill (5 each side)
3. Bosu pushups (12 each arm, )
4. Incline Pulls using handing ladders (36)

Tabata:
1. Battling ropes (Rainbows)
2. Renegade rows
3. Hang side leg raises
4. "Crab kicks"

Post cardio 20 min elliptical

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! Nice.

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:34 pm
No problem! Glad to hear it! Also cut out whole wheat products containing gluten.

I rarely eat whole wheat anything... carbs come from oat bran, sweet taters and... hmmm.. maybe that's all i can think of right @ this moment... lol Ur the best!

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:40 pm
This was an ass kickin kind of day...

9:00 am outdoor soccer game (I played all but 5 min which totals 75 min of cardio)

11:30 Crossfit
Warm Up:
1000m row
15 pushups, squats, pullups, crunches, hypers

Workout:
21,18,15,12,9,6,3 (Descending ladder)

KB swings
Hand release push ups

1:00 ABC
Tire flips, sled pulls/pushes, burpees, squat jumps, see-saw rows, etc...

Slept like a baby... =)

FitPrincess122
05-16-11, 2:44 pm
Church, then indoor game, then hung out with the fam...

So for the next 2-3 weeks I'm gonna have to start upping the cardio... I'm doing the Warrior Dash on 6/4 and figure I'd better get my ass is that sorta shape so training will be different for the next couple weeks.

Tonight: 3 mi run (pending Mother Nature's cooperation) & KB studio

TheGreatWhite
05-17-11, 3:18 pm
This was an ass kickin kind of day...

9:00 am outdoor soccer game (I played all but 5 min which totals 75 min of cardio)

11:30 Crossfit
Warm Up:
1000m row
15 pushups, squats, pullups, crunches, hypers

Workout:
21,18,15,12,9,6,3 (Descending ladder)

KB swings
Hand release push ups

1:00 ABC
Tire flips, sled pulls/pushes, burpees, squat jumps, see-saw rows, etc...

Slept like a baby... =)

Geeze,....damn workhorse here! Good work Katie!

Big D
05-18-11, 10:37 am
you do enough cardio for the both of us... thanks haha

FitPrincess122
05-18-11, 1:52 pm
you do enough cardio for the both of us... thanks haha

np... i got ur back. i try and keep my cardio productive and fun... i'd rather get a brazilian wax than run 45 min on the treadmill.