PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for home made protein bars and "ready meals"?

Starkist
04-18-11, 8:56 am
Hey guys...
So I dont really have much time for making food and cooking it , i'm serving in the army and i'm usually quite
busy from morning to eve. my nutrition is based mostly on oats , peas and buckwheat for carbs and tuna and whey as protein , somtimes chicken. i do not have any complains , but the thing is i dont always have time to cook it...
i'm really open to any ideas you guys got , i do have a fridge and a microwave (which i'm making my carbs with) , i cant put meat in the fridge though...

zubda345
04-20-11, 1:48 pm
DO u have a stove and a cooker and a kiln???

If U have a kiln I got a great idea of a food that is prepared quick and provides good amount of carbs and Proteins and is tasty, it's a food we ppl here in Pakistan use from time to time....

take some potatoes add a little oil, some water (when oil is boiling) in the kiln cook potatoes only for 3-4 mins and then add in eggs as much as u want but don't do crazy, keep moderate potato to egg ratio and keep cooking them while stiring.... Add salt and Red pepper and Black pepper (if u want) and keep it cooking till it gets reddish brown and then enjoy it... I love this dish but eatin again and again make me sick!

mitchconnors
04-20-11, 3:07 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35672-Fat-kid-foods-that-everyone-loves-without-the-fat-kid

The oatmeal cookie recipe sounds fantastic.

Appollonian
04-20-11, 4:27 pm
Here's what I do for my bars; I'm actually eating one right now:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35274-How-much-prep-time

Post #12

Jay
04-24-11, 5:22 am
Heres something I've done and posted in the diet section:::

Peanut Butter Bars.
I found on the internet a home made Peanut butter bar recipe that I wanted to share:

It consists of the following:

Peanut butter (best is natural PB)

Honey or maple syrup

scoop of whey powder

optional; nuts, cereal i.e. rice krispies, corn flakes.

Its pretty easy to do. Basically you combine the peanut butter and optional ingredients and a scoop of whey , mix together in a bowl using as much honey needed to get it to stick together. You then form them into a bar form and put in the fridge for 30-1hr until hardened. BAM! pb protein bars.

Today I mixed the stuff together and used ultra whey mocha cappuccino. kick ass! I also prefer to freeze them for a little bit instead of the fridge. Def. an off season type snack but they came out good. Thats being said I tried making the animal oat cookie and almost blew up my kitchen. ENJOY!

Big Mac
04-24-11, 7:28 am
Im in the Army as well. Currently in the "sweatbox" Guantanamo Bay Cuba.What are your goals right now? Bulk, cut, maintain, strength etc
I have 7 hours in between shifts, and try to get most of my cooking done on my days off. So I know what the time crunch is like. Not sure how much help I can be without your specific goals, but here are some of the things I normally have in my lunchbox.

Grilled Chicken (It is still good, even if left out of the fridge 4-5 hours, make sure its sealed tho)
Tuna Packets W/Sunflower Oil (Usually eat 2, along with other foods)
Harboiled Eggs (they smell, but wont go bad, eat 4-6)
Protein Bars (Pricey, but usually tasty. I have a new love for Cliff Builder bars. 20 g Pro, all natural and YUMMY)

Chewy Bars (Quick Carb fix)
Fiber One bars (Same, plus fiber helps clear you out)
Fruits (Im ahuge advocate of this. Apples, Banannas, Plums, Etc. Whatever is good at the time)

Nuts (Good source of energy,healthy fats)
Trail Mix (same deal, with some small chocolates and fruits)
Fish Oils

If you have a hard time gettting meals in, because you are busy etc go ahead and get some Beef Aminos or Uni- Liver by Universal. Good stuff. Sometimes I just dont have time to eat, and pop 6-8 of them with a fish oil and a piece of fruit that can be devoured quickly.

Need anything else lemme know.

Starkist
04-24-11, 10:24 am
Thanks for your help guys.
I'm serving in the israeli navy, and my goal currently is cutting for the next 2 month and then back to bulking.
I dont have where to buy protein bars... i usually order my protein powder from usa , but protein bars are way too expensive for my budget.
i will try making my own bars and i like the amino idea which i think i really lack of with the army food.
just from curiosity big mac , how do you train in the army ? i have a small gym in my base but it usually close , or
i dont find any time going there. just recently i managed to build some kind of bench for bench press and a bar using some stuff i had.

NJC_Manhattan
05-08-11, 7:36 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35672-Fat-kid-foods-that-everyone-loves-without-the-fat-kid

The oatmeal cookie recipe sounds fantastic.

Thanks bro. That was my post