PDA

View Full Version : Animal is hype???

SteelaBalla
04-19-11, 12:47 pm
I ran out of couple of stuff so I am about to order some new stuff. But i dont order before i make a research. I use nothing but universal and animal. However, I have been hearing a lot that animal products are underdosed and usually dont do anything, lately. Now, I been cycling cuts for about 3 months now and I think my body got used to it so I decided to take a break from it and start putting some lean muscle. So i was thinking about taking either m-stak or stak. I thought about Test but I am 22 so i dont know if it works or not. Anyway all the reviews say none of these products work! and underdosed.
I dont wanna read the product descriptions on the website coz they are bias. I would like to hear some honest reviews from you people.
Which one is better for lean muscle gain, m-stak, stak, or test? Also is it healthy for me to take Test since i am 22?

Current stack:
Cuts
Pak
Rage
Gingko biloba
EAA Stack
Plasma Jet (Gaspari Nutrition, Got it for free and had run out of Pump so I replaced it)
Universal Ultra Whey

B.S.
04-19-11, 12:54 pm
im a stak fan over m stak
even at my young age
m stak is usually about a 3-4 pound gain
and stak is a 6-7 gain

all great products probably kids talking shit cause we dont have cutler or coleman on our shit
cause we let these products speak for themselves. god that pissed me off.

Hercules
04-19-11, 1:04 pm
I've read multiple times that Animal products were underdosed. People can talk all they want. Results speak volumes over words.

Be sure that your diet is in order before taking anything. That said, I would suggest you try M-Stak first. M-Stak works like no other lean mass-gain product. For me, it trumps Stak. Hold off on Test for a while.

Bruiser
04-19-11, 1:12 pm
I've read multiple times that Animal products were underdosed. People can talk all they want. Results speak volumes over words.

Be sure that your diet is in order before taking anything. That said, I would suggest you try M-Stak first. M-Stak works like no other lean mass-gain product. For me, it trumps Stak. Hold off on Test for a while.

I agree 100% with Hercules. M-Stak is a consistent product and will help you EVERY time. I always kick off my bulk cycle with a can of it just to get my body back in "growth mode" after a cut.

Don't worry about Test. At your age you've got enough hormone production and you don't want to risk messing that up. If I were you I wouldn't even take Tribulus. Leave your hormone production alone.

Aggression
04-19-11, 1:19 pm
For you, I'd opt for M-stak. Stak and/or Test MAY work for you, it may not. I wouldn't recommend forking over the green to get those products and have them not work. M-stak will definitely work, so long as you eat enough calories to support growth.

Mr. Dead
04-19-11, 1:23 pm
For you, I'd opt for M-stak. Stak and/or Test MAY work for you, it may not. I wouldn't recommend forking over the green to get those products and have them not work. M-stak will definitely work, so long as you eat enough calories to support growth.

Agreed... And, as far as the other comments... Haters are always gonna hate...

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 1:28 pm
Agreed... And, as far as the other comments... Haters are always gonna hate...

Agreed Dead. I remember I posted on here one day a while back now that another companies forum was talking shit about the Pak, saying who cares about 20 yearold multivitamins and blah blah. Haters hate

ToSo
04-19-11, 1:33 pm
If Animal is hype then why have they been around for 28 year since 1983?
As Mr.Dead said haters are going to hate.
If I had to recommend something I'd say go with M-Stak. Good luck bro!

mritter3
04-19-11, 1:33 pm

this right here....Results matter...period!, for you mstack would be my choice...at 22 why the heck do you need anything to boost your test levels.....at your age, diet is numero uno...get your calories in and lift heavy...put quality size on now and worry about cutting later

naturalguy
04-19-11, 2:40 pm
I find the people that criticize Animal products are those that have never used them. People who have actually used the products, for the most part get results.

Also keep in mind that a lot of people online that criticize Animal work for other competing companies.

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-11, 2:42 pm
I find the people that criticize Animal products are those that have never used them. People who have actually used the products, for the most part get results.

Also keep in mind that a lot of people online that criticize Animal work for other competing companies.

x2

TheGreatWhite
04-19-11, 2:44 pm
Something else to keep in mind is that damn near everyone that criticizes Animal are those dumbasses that think they can eat like complete shit, but the supplements are their "golden ticket" so to speak and that's all they need to get results. Supplements are meant to "supplement" your diet and training, hence their name.

Bruiser
04-19-11, 2:52 pm
Something else to keep in mind is that damn near everyone that criticizes Animal are those dumbasses that think they can eat like complete shit, but the supplements are their "golden ticket" so to speak and that's all they need to get results. Supplements are meant to "supplement" your diet and training, hence their name.

This belongs on a F***ING t-shirt!!!! Well said bro.

SteelaBalla
04-19-11, 3:48 pm
I really appreciate all the comments. Mstak it is!!!

SteelaBalla
04-19-11, 4:35 pm
also whats in Mstak that helps you gain lean muscle? Whats the pill breakdown? just out of curiosity

SteelaBalla
04-19-11, 4:53 pm
for pwo im takin ultra whey but it has like 3 gr of carbs in it and i dont have time to cook yams or stuff like that coz im a student and on the wrestling team. Do you guys think i should take some kinda supplement for carbs like Nitro G? I dont wanna order a new protein shake coz i just ordered 6lbs Ultra whey..

Bruiser
04-19-11, 5:25 pm
for pwo im takin ultra whey but it has like 3 gr of carbs in it and i dont have time to cook yams or stuff like that coz im a student and on the wrestling team. Do you guys think i should take some kinda supplement for carbs like Nitro G? I dont wanna order a new protein shake coz i just ordered 6lbs Ultra whey..

I add raw quick oats to my shakes. Throw them in the blender with the powder and some milk or water. Adds some good healthy carbs and fiber.

Cascade
04-19-11, 5:58 pm

I'm a huge fan of raw oats, blended up in a food processor. Just add to your shake and chug.

Anyone can make a yam or potato bro: stab with fork repeatedly, stick in microwave for 6 minutes.

Also, I agree with everyone in here. F the haters.

MNfreak
04-19-11, 6:21 pm
I have yet to try Mstack, but i realy like stack.... hmmm off to the store...

PORTERHOUSE
04-19-11, 7:27 pm
Agreed Dead. I remember I posted on here one day a while back now that another companies forum was talking shit about the Pak, saying who cares about 20 yearold multivitamins and blah blah. Haters hate

I remember that thread... thats such a funny argument to make against animal, really. Honestly, how many companies can say they have been around long enough to have a 20 year old formula (not to mention animal is always updating their formulas anyways)?

BarbellManiac
04-19-11, 7:32 pm
Animal/Universal is probably the best supplement company out there. And no matter how much one criticizes them, the results show. Taking Pak keeps my immune system in check, and I'm never down with a cold or flu.

Cascade
04-19-11, 8:00 pm
Animal/Universal is probably the best supplement company out there. And no matter how much one criticizes them, the results show. Taking Pak keeps my immune system in check, and I'm never down with a cold or flu.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I haven't been sick in a hella long time.

awayoflife
04-20-11, 3:13 am
Ok here is my opinion: I always HATE when someone talks trash about Animal! I’m not a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter, not a strongman, just a normal guy that want to look like a animal. And Animal products always worked for me. I used to get sick every month or two before I took Pak and now I get sick maybe once year. Rage is another product I use from Animal an it brings out the animal in me, I can do more reps, heavier weights and better form. It’s a PR in a can. Animal/Universal products helped me reach my goals every time and the Animal website and the FORVM offered me useful info on diets and training and a shitload of motivation. But hey, don’t believe me, just go on www.bodybuilding.com and check out the ratings for Animal products and the competition!

naturalguy
04-20-11, 9:04 am
I remember that thread... thats such a funny argument to make against animal, really. Honestly, how many companies can say they have been around long enough to have a 20 year old formula (not to mention animal is always updating their formulas anyways)?

Most supplement companies have not even been around that long never mind them having a single product that has stood the test of time.

On the subject of supplement companies. Most "supplement companies" don't manufacture anything, they are marketing companies. Someone else makes their products for them and they just put their label on the bottle.

One of the things that makes Universal/Animal unique is that we do everything in house. We are the manufacturer and have been since 1977. The products are made right here in New Jersey.

JustinSane
04-20-11, 10:58 am
Hype my ass, haha. Peoples success with the Pak and not getting sick speaks for itself. In my own experience Flex is the ONLY joint supplement that I've actually had success with, I love Pump more than any other pre-workout supp I've ever tried (and I've tried A LOT of different ones, probably upwards of 10 over the past 8-9 years) Love the fact that pump is constant and sustained energy, not a spike then dump like the powders of other companies.

On top of all of that, cant knock the fact that its all pills since I'm sure we can all agree that other supps having to take your preworkout powder with 20oz of water, then drink your during workout supp with another 20oz or so on top of your plain water while working out, THEN your protein shake afterwards. You know, on top of the 1.5-2 gallons of water a day anyways haha. Was finding myself feeling bloated during my workouts on other supps when trying to stack a few of them. And its convenient as hell to just throw a few packs in your gym bag rather than having to prepare ziploc's or 2 different shaker bottles to take with you.

Universal is a company that lets the products do the talking and sell themselves, not these huge overproduced 6 page ads and pseudo research on trends to make the sales.

Enforcer
04-20-11, 1:16 pm
Well bro I have been using Animal products consistently now for the past 4 years and that was right when I graduated college. I was about 230 then and ever since I have gotten up to as high as 272. All quality size as well. Got my first show coming up in August and the Universal/Animal/Sportpharma products are what are going to help me bring the best package to the stage. Oh yeah not to mention about 2 years ago I went thru one of the most greuling police academies in the country where I was as far down in my weight as 212 due to all of the strenuous as shit they put me thru. This brand brought me back to where I am today. Hands down the only products out there that truly give you results. All made in house not in some factory somwhere where you dont exactly know what ingredients are going into what. As for what to take, I always like to start slowe an dwork my way up this way you can really see the results. Start with M-Stak, then Stak, and then work your way up to Test. Make sure you keep a solid diet and training regimen in the process as well.

Big C
04-20-11, 1:32 pm
I agree with my boy Enforcer.....Animal is one brand I will never stray from. I started using their products 4-5 yrs ago when I was around 210 lbs. and I've gotten as high as 255 lbs. with the help of Pak, Storm, M-Stak, Test, etc. Now I added some serious eating and training to that but I'll admit I've wasted plenty of money in the past on garbage supplements - where the company is out of business the next minute or you see them getting in trouble for something. I'm not sayin the Animal/Uni supps were the sole reason for my gains but they definately contributed. Prob is most guys take the supps expecting miracles when they don't have their training/diet in check. Wake up.

SteelaBalla
04-20-11, 5:02 pm
Its really good to know these things.. I order my supps from bb.com and read the reviews.. everyone talkin about the hype.. I know supps are there to supplement you not create miracles.. I just wanted to make sure that haterz are hatin

prowrestler
04-20-11, 6:18 pm
all these products may help you abit, but are trumped by diet and hard training. people focus on the extra 5% to much and that is why they do not gain

The Iron Gumby
04-20-11, 6:50 pm
I took Animal Packs for like two weeks.

I even did extra curls in the squat rack.

Nothing.

Total hype.

:D

PORTERHOUSE
04-20-11, 6:54 pm
I took Animal Packs for like two weeks.

I even did extra curls in the squat rack.

Nothing.

Total hype.

:D

Thats a joke right?

The Iron Gumby
04-20-11, 7:09 pm
Thats a joke right?

That's correct bro.

I take Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro & PM daily.

Wouldn't go a day without 'em.

PORTERHOUSE
04-20-11, 7:14 pm
That's correct bro.

I take Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro & PM daily.

Wouldn't go a day without 'em.

haha right on... i read that and figured it was, but wasnt quite sure, the curls in the squat rack should have been a clue.

Jay
04-21-11, 8:14 pm
Agreed with everyone here. Like Enforcer, I lost alot of weight in my academy. I used animal/universal to get me back on track. And it worked.

I think alot of people are drawn to shiney red bottles and or the B.S. marketing in muscle books that say:
"" Look at joe shmoe. He took our product and in 3 days gained mass on his chest arms and shoulders"" ( while standing there with ten girls around him)

Look at the forums, the ABCs, UBC, the promos, the guys like Natural Guy, C.Coronato, G , Aggression, J-dawg. the guys that rep the company cuz they use and trust the products. need I say more??

Universal is a company I trust....

Phil800101
04-22-11, 1:07 pm
Agreed all-around.

There's one thing I'd like to add here. You will see some companies that will mega-dose certain ingredients in their pre-workouts and what not. In the short-term, this might give you noticeable effects, but at the same time you will build up a tolerance faster and said product won't work nearly as well after awhile.

One of the things I love about Animal/Universal products is that the doses are set to be effective but not overwhelming. You can continually use the stuff, and not really build up a tolerance. I'm referring to the stuff like Pump, Cuts, Stak, M-Stak, Test, Beta Ala9, Rage, etc.

Yeah, some of these are meant to be cycled on and off, or not used daily, but overall following the directions you never really build up a tolerance, and I credit this to proper dosing. I know plenty of people who have used product X or product Y, raved about how it worked for a few weeks, then said it stopped working.

Bruiser
04-22-11, 1:21 pm
I'll admit it... when I first got into this sport about four years ago, I bought what I saw the most ads for. I figured (for example) the pretty red bottles have GOT TO BE GOOD!! I had no idea of what a "Pre Workout Supplement" even was or was supposed to do. I bought it (I think I had to pawn a TV, DVD player and a car to afford it... lol), mixed it up and drank it. And HOLY S***!!! I have never been so F***ING vascular in my life!!! I had an amazing workout. The next day I took it and waited... and waited... and fell asleep on the couch. So yeah, some other brands do work... once!! Animal and Universal are solid supplements that work every time.

Bruiser
04-22-11, 1:31 pm
Here's a perfect example of why I'm a Universal/Animal customer for life: I was one of the lucky winners of the Rage PR in a Can Promo. The idea of the promo was to give guys Animal Rage to help them reach personal records in "the big three", bench/squat/deadlift. My story is like this:
1. I can only squat with dumbbells hanging at my sides due to three herniated disks
2. I can't deadlift AT ALL for the same reason
3. I can't have a bench becasue my autistic son likes to climb on things and jump off so it'd be too dangerous

So my entire training is done with a set of dumbbells and an EZ curl bar. I do "bench press" by lying flat on the floor on my back and using dumbbells. I will finally be getting a bench when we move to our new house (I didn't mention this in the contest thread becasue I didn't know then). But you know what... they picked me as one of the winners anyway. This shows that they have a dedciation to help their customers... so why in the hell wouldn't I be dedicated to them? To be honest, when I found I was chosen as one of the winners, I got a little choked up because I figured I wouldn't even technically qualify for the promo.But thankfully disagreed. This is the best supplement company with the best supplements... period.

Cellardweller
04-23-11, 1:01 pm
Here's a perfect example of why I'm a Universal/Animal customer for life: I was one of the lucky winners of the Rage PR in a Can Promo. The idea of the promo was to give guys Animal Rage to help them reach personal records in "the big three", bench/squat/deadlift. My story is like this:
1. I can only squat with dumbbells hanging at my sides due to three herniated disks
2. I can't deadlift AT ALL for the same reason
3. I can't have a bench becasue my autistic son likes to climb on things and jump off so it'd be too dangerous

So my entire training is done with a set of dumbbells and an EZ curl bar. I do "bench press" by lying flat on the floor on my back and using dumbbells. I will finally be getting a bench when we move to our new house (I didn't mention this in the contest thread becasue I didn't know then). But you know what... they picked me as one of the winners anyway. This shows that they have a dedciation to help their customers... so why in the hell wouldn't I be dedicated to them? To be honest, when I found I was chosen as one of the winners, I got a little choked up because I figured I wouldn't even technically qualify for the promo.But thankfully disagreed. This is the best supplement company with the best supplements... period.

That's hardcore B. That's why you got picked. Animal isn't all about the mass monsters, it's blue collar. Animal supports guys doing what they can with what they've got whither you're in your basement, garage, a gym or in the middle of a fucking desert dodging bullets. That's inspiring stuff.

Carrnage
04-23-11, 2:22 pm
M-stak always delivers, even though its only a 3 week cycle, that shit works.

I never tried Stak yet, i will prolly give that a go next time.

Oh and underdosed? Um yea go check out muscletech's products.....they are underdosed and overpriced x2!!!!!

BarbellManiac
04-23-11, 3:00 pm
M-stak always delivers, even though its only a 3 week cycle, that shit works.

I never tried Stak yet, i will prolly give that a go next time.

Oh and underdosed? Um yea go check out muscletech's products.....they are underdosed and overpriced x2!!!!!

What???? So Jay Cutler's secret isn't muscle tech??

Bruiser
04-23-11, 3:25 pm

HAHAHAHA... What do you mean? He just takes Hydroxycut and Nitrotech according to the ads! lol

awayoflife
04-23-11, 4:21 pm
If we are on the topic, I remember seeing a few days ago an ad for a test booster from company x (very well known, but not going to name names). On the ad was some hot, almost naked chick. Nothing wrong with that but come on. Wake the fuck up… Some people actually think that if they take that product they will put on 20 pounds of lean mass, shed all the body fat and bang hot bikini models al with just a single pill… Man are they in for a surprise *LOL*. What makes Animal different from the competition is that they do not exaggerate what their products do. What’s on the label is in the packs and what is in the packs works. PERIOD! I see here on the FORVM normal guys whit jobs, families and so on, not just the top 3 bodybuilders from mr. olympia. And they offer feedback on the products, here you get to see how the products effect the costumers and here on the FORVM you can get all the advice you need to reach your goals. Animal doesn’t sell you any bullshit. Here people tell you that training, proper nutrition and rest are the first things you have to get in order before you even think about supplements. Other companies get straight to the supps because their supplements work miracles even if you eat like shit, train like a complete idiot and sleep 2 hours a night *LOL*.

BarbellManiac
04-23-11, 5:36 pm
HAHAHAHA... What do you mean? He just takes Hydroxycut and Nitrotech according to the ads! lol

lol it was sarcasm :)

Bruiser
04-23-11, 8:40 pm
lol it was sarcasm :)

lol... I know. But how many people didn't? lol

The sad part is that there are a lot of young kids that want to get into the sport of bodybuilding. Then they buy into these fabricated ads and all the exagerated bulls*** they put in their ads (c'mon, we all bought into it to some extent when we first started...). Then these kids who aren't mature enough to know better, think that they can just take these expensive supplements and they are going to get huge without the hard work. When they don't... they give up. It sucks because I hate to see these kids who really want to do it get discouraged becasue of a bunch of bulls*** they're fed. I wish they would ban a lot of those ads and charge the companies will false advertising. I know, people should know better than to believe it. But that doesn't make it right.

MELTDOWN
04-23-11, 9:34 pm
Most supplement companies have not even been around that long never mind them having a single product that has stood the test of time.

On the subject of supplement companies. Most "supplement companies" don't manufacture anything, they are marketing companies. Someone else makes their products for them and they just put their label on the bottle.

One of the things that makes Universal/Animal unique is that we do everything in house. We are the manufacturer and have been since 1977. The products are made right here in New Jersey.

SPOT ON there NG....too much private labeling from some mass producers is what most companies are about.

Oh yeah (and I'm a man's man)...why they think I wanna see a half nekkid chick in all their adds??? Show me actual results and what it's done for a change...oh wait..maybe that's it....

I've used UN, Animal and SP since 1991. I would occasionally talk myself into trying something "new and different" when I ran out. Didn't take long to find out I was pissing way $$, time and effort.

Now it's just habit, sorta like chicken & rice, steak & spuds and water.... UN stuff is what I do.

Carrnage
04-23-11, 9:46 pm

No Jay Cutlers secret is "in n out" burgers right before bed.

Jay
04-24-11, 5:16 am
I've used UN, Animal and SP since 1991. I would occasionally talk myself into trying something "new and different" when I ran out. Didn't take long to find out I was pissing way $$, time and effort.

Now it's just habit, sorta like chicken & rice, steak & spuds and water.... UN stuff is what I do.

Agreed.. I've been down that road... that dead end road. Then you wake up, realize it was a mistake, turn around and get back to UN/Animal.

If the can's not black/yellow, or red.... I dont want it.

Bruiser
04-24-11, 8:37 am
Agreed.. I've been down that road... that dead end road. Then you wake up, realize it was a mistake, turn around and get back to UN/Animal.

If the can's not black/yellow, or red.... I dont want it.

X2 bro!! We've all made that mistake whether we admit to it or not. I felt so guilty... like I cheated on a spouse!!

BarbellManiac
04-24-11, 12:48 pm

The sad part is that there are a lot of young kids that want to get into the sport of bodybuilding. Then they buy into these fabricated ads and all the exagerated bulls*** they put in their ads (c'mon, we all bought into it to some extent when we first started...). Then these kids who aren't mature enough to know better, think that they can just take these expensive supplements and they are going to get huge without the hard work. When they don't... they give up. It sucks because I hate to see these kids who really want to do it get discouraged becasue of a bunch of bulls*** they're fed. I wish they would ban a lot of those ads and charge the companies will false advertising. I know, people should know better than to believe it. But that doesn't make it right.

So true, but all these company aim for one thing, Money. If they can get by ruining a kid's goal regarding bodybuilding, then be it for them. Wish I could ban them as well, they rip people off major time.

Carrnage
04-24-11, 8:10 pm

Jay Cutler doesnt even use hydroxycut, sad but true.

Bruiser
04-24-11, 9:03 pm
Jay Cutler doesnt even use hydroxycut, sad but true.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I'd be shocked if any of the guys in the ads we're talking about actually do use any of those company's products!!

_Trainlikeafreak
04-24-11, 11:49 pm
If you workout you know Animal is 100% LEGIT and can back there stuff up. Best supplement company around.

People who say Animal is all hype are haters. Haters make you stronger so they should just keep hating on the best..

MRmichael.hooker
04-25-11, 5:04 am
And its convenient as hell to just throw a few packs in your gym bag rather than having to prepare ziploc's or 2 different shaker bottles to take with you..

This was just an added bonus to the great products that actually WORK. But I agree, so damn convenient

Bruiser
04-25-11, 7:23 am
This was just an added bonus to the great products that actually WORK. But I agree, so damn convenient

Agreed. Except the convenience spoils us sometimes!! When our sewer line broke two months ago and filled our basement wih 12 inches of raw sewage, we had to stay at my parents' house for most of the week (what a F'n treat that was). I counted out my Pack, Pump, PM and M-Stak and threw them in one can. Then I realized that all my basic herbs, minerals and supplements weren't in paks!! So I made up ziplock packs for my morning, afternoon and bedtime supplements. I had my garlic, fish oil, fenugreek, cinnamon, valerian root, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver, digestive enzymes, etc in little baggies thrown into another empty Pak can. It took a while to sort them all and label them, but it was worth it. That's when I realized just how convenient Animal products are.

MRmichael.hooker
04-25-11, 7:28 am
Agreed. Except the convenience spoils us sometimes!! When our sewer line broke two months ago and filled our basement wih 12 inches of raw sewage, we had to stay at my parents' house for most of the week (what a F'n treat that was). I counted out my Pack, Pump, PM and M-Stak and threw them in one can. Then I realized that all my basic herbs, minerals and supplements weren't in paks!! So I made up ziplock packs for my morning, afternoon and bedtime supplements. I had my garlic, fish oil, fenugreek, cinnamon, valerian root, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver, digestive enzymes, etc in little baggies thrown into another empty Pak can. It took a while to sort them all and label them, but it was worth it. That's when I realized just how convenient Animal products are.

Ya thats how I am with the Army. When I have to go away for a couple weeks at a time, the packs really come in handy. Ima do the same thing for when im gone this summer. Take an animal can and just count out all the paks i need and throw them in there, and just bring a bunch of uniliver since ill be busy the whole time. Super conveinent.

awayoflife
04-25-11, 7:37 am

I do exactly the same thing when I go out of town. I take a empty can of Pak fill it up with whatever supplements I’m taking (Pak, Nitro, M-Stak currently) and I fill up another can with ultra whey pro and I’m good to go. Oh yeah I also have my Rage powder with me, can’t forget about RAGE!

Carrnage
04-26-11, 9:35 pm

Yep....its not just kids, even adults buy into the hype of the ads aswell, alot of my friends first question they ask me, is what supplements work....i always tell them....learning how training, nutrition works will take you far....but they never understand.