PDA

View Full Version : Bruiser's Rage: My Journey For An Actual PR

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bruiser
04-21-11, 12:30 pm
Well here it is bros... my journey, my Rage.

As many of you know, I've got a unique situation when it comes to lifting. I haven't been able to do the "Big Three" lifts. I've got three herniated disks so I can't deadlift, and can only squat with dumbbells hanging at my sides. I have an Autistic son who like to climb things and jump off them... so I can't have a bench where we live (too dangerous). So to me a PR is just kicking ass and making up the difference with my intensity. Animal Rage will help with that.

On a related note, me and my family are moving to a new house in ten days. I'll have a garage there and I'm turning it into my gym. I already have a bench that I just need to pick up at a friend's and move it in. So who knows what my Rage will bring...

G Diesel
04-21-11, 12:42 pm
Take all of these challenges and roadblocks and use them as fuel my brother.

I have a sense that throwing a little Rage on this fire is going to be dangerous.

Peace, G

bigweights74
04-21-11, 12:44 pm
subbed brotha!

Mr. Dead
04-21-11, 12:44 pm
Take all of these challenges and roadblocks and use them as fuel my brother.

I have a sense that throwing a little Rage on this fire is going to be dangerous.

Peace, G

x2... Consider me subbed...!!!

DANO
04-21-11, 12:51 pm
Alright big Bruiser... Let's do this!

Hollow
04-21-11, 12:59 pm
You certainly have yourself a rather unique situation Bruiser and from what I've read it hasn't slowed you down one bit. A new home gym with additional equipment plus a tub of Rage, I believe we are going to see some explosive growth happening.

C.Coronato
04-21-11, 1:18 pm
Its awesome to your still striving after your goals and making it a priority to do so.

Good luck with everything brother.

Carrnage
04-21-11, 2:12 pm
Ill be checkin up with your progress bro! Cant wait till Rage arrives at our doorsteps!

Phil800101
04-21-11, 2:27 pm
You know I'm down for this...

Bruiser
04-21-11, 9:05 pm
Thanks guys. I've realized that in my life, PRs mean something different to me. For me a personal record is ripping through my twisted version of arm day and squeezing an extra set by doing some hammer curls when I can barely pick the dumbbell up. It means getting a knock down, kick ass chest workout with just a set of dumbbells and no bench. My life has been one long battle already. But I know between the new gym/garage, new equipment and the Rage... my journey is just getting started.

Phil800101
04-22-11, 2:06 am
Thanks guys. I've realized that in my life, PRs mean something different to me. For me a personal record is ripping through my twisted version of arm day and squeezing an extra set by doing some hammer curls when I can barely pick the dumbbell up. It means getting a knock down, kick ass chest workout with just a set of dumbbells and no bench. My life has been one long battle already. But I know between the new gym/garage, new equipment and the Rage... my journey is just getting started.

Right on!

Bruiser
04-22-11, 9:13 am
BTW, I failed to mention that I chose the paks. Not a lot of guys in here running the Rage Paks, so I can't wait to let everybody know how they stack up.

J-Dawg
04-22-11, 9:36 am
BTW, I failed to mention that I chose the paks. Not a lot of guys in here running the Rage Paks, so I can't wait to let everybody know how they stack up.

Very curious to see how the Rage packs do for ya.

Good luck with the new move too. Sounds like it'll be awesome to have your own garage that you can turn into a weight room.

Bruiser
04-22-11, 10:06 am
Very curious to see how the Rage packs do for ya.

Good luck with the new move too. Sounds like it'll be awesome to have your own garage that you can turn into a weight room.

I'm looking forward to it. The only problem is that my wife leaves Sunday for a week of training for her new job. So I have to pack up the ENTIRE house all by myself while she's gone. Which is a lot of stuff when you've got two kids and a wife that won't throw anything away. The only good thing about that is I can do it however the hell I want and she can't yell at me for "doing it wrong" lol. I'm going to need A LOT of garbage bags!!

Bruiser
04-22-11, 12:29 pm
Well, I got word that they're sending out the Rage today and Monday, shipping 3-5 business days. So by this time next week we should all have them. I'm going to wait to start taking it when I get over to the new house and have the gym/garage set up. So my official Rage Journey will start May 2nd or 3rd.

DANO
04-22-11, 12:38 pm
I'm looking forward to it. The only problem is that my wife leaves Sunday for a week of training for her new job. So I have to pack up the ENTIRE house all by myself while she's gone. Which is a lot of stuff when you've got two kids and a wife that won't throw anything away. The only good thing about that is I can do it however the hell I want and she can't yell at me for "doing it wrong" lol. I'm going to need A LOT of garbage bags!!

Hahaha... Just make sure you "loose" some of the boxes of stuff that the kids don't need! odds are they wont miss it! <grin>

Bruiser
04-22-11, 4:46 pm
Hahaha... Just make sure you "loose" some of the boxes of stuff that the kids don't need! odds are they wont miss it! <grin>

That's scary... you read my mind. Get outta my head man, it's not a happy place to be!! lol

Bruiser
04-23-11, 8:10 am
Well, I ordered the rest of my supplements. Uni-Liver, Beef Aminos, Pump, Pak, ZMA and GABA. So we'll see what gets here first... my order or my free Rage! Damn I can't wait to get my Rage, this is going to be great!

PORTERHOUSE
04-23-11, 12:07 pm
looking forward to this one man, lets hit some pr's!

Bruiser
04-23-11, 12:16 pm
looking forward to this one man, lets hit some pr's!

Yeah I'm getting pretty psyched!! I'm going over to the new hosue today to check it out and see what the landlord needs to do before we can move in next weekend. It looks like he's going to let me come and go as I please this coming week, so I can move stuff little by little. Which will be great since my wife will be gone all week and I have to pack the entire house myself. Plus I should be able to go get the weightbench from my buddy's house Monday or Tuesday and get it in the garage so it's there and ready when I move in!!!

PORTERHOUSE
04-23-11, 1:21 pm
Yeah I'm getting pretty psyched!! I'm going over to the new hosue today to check it out and see what the landlord needs to do before we can move in next weekend. It looks like he's going to let me come and go as I please this coming week, so I can move stuff little by little. Which will be great since my wife will be gone all week and I have to pack the entire house myself. Plus I should be able to go get the weightbench from my buddy's house Monday or Tuesday and get it in the garage so it's there and ready when I move in!!!

thats wild man, me and my girl are in the middle of a move ourselves. Right now were moving from a 3 br house to a 2 br apartment (but a much nicer place), so we are trying to sell a bunch of stuff. It's left me in a unique position to hit this promo extra hard, because I just graduated from college so I have no job yet, and our move in date isnt until may 31st(moved back from may 19th originally)... so basically my days will consist of early morning training, eating, and packing boxes. Only down side is, the move is going to require a 2-3 day drive, so I'll have to take a couple days off right in the middle, but I've got my gym membership lined up in the new city, so as soon as we set foot in the new place ill be right back at it.

Ill use the 2 or 3 days to my advantage by upping the aminos and letting myself recover while on the road, a lot of times a break from training and time off a meal plan can be especially useful for things like PR busting, or even igniting some new growth.

Bruiser
04-23-11, 7:16 pm
thats wild man, me and my girl are in the middle of a move ourselves. Right now were moving from a 3 br house to a 2 br apartment (but a much nicer place), so we are trying to sell a bunch of stuff. It's left me in a unique position to hit this promo extra hard, because I just graduated from college so I have no job yet, and our move in date isnt until may 31st(moved back from may 19th originally)... so basically my days will consist of early morning training, eating, and packing boxes. Only down side is, the move is going to require a 2-3 day drive, so I'll have to take a couple days off right in the middle, but I've got my gym membership lined up in the new city, so as soon as we set foot in the new place ill be right back at it.

Ill use the 2 or 3 days to my advantage by upping the aminos and letting myself recover while on the road, a lot of times a break from training and time off a meal plan can be especially useful for things like PR busting, or even igniting some new growth.

Good luck with your move bro. I'm really excited to get going on ours. The new landlord actually said that even though oour move in date is May 1st, he might be turning the house over to us tomorrow!! F***ING SWEET!! I'll be able to pack, haul and unpack boxes for a few hours every day while my son is at school. I can chip away at it little by little.

Do you have any powdered aminos to sip on during the drive out to the new place? That will help you out a lot.

Bruiser
04-25-11, 4:57 pm
I got home from town and my Rage was here already!!! I got the 44 pak can and they sent along a sample of the Rage powder and then a sample of Cuts. I think with the Cuts they're trying to tell me something, I guess they don't think my cut was as successfull as I do. lol.

I'm not going to start the Rage Paks until next week after we're moved into the new house and I've got my bench and gym set up. I did take the sample of the Rage powder 45 Minutes ago. I'll be training arms today. Wish me luck. I'm still sore as hell after Friday, but I'm starting a new training program to help spark a new burst of growth in my arms. I hit arms Mon/Wed/Fri, it's gonna be brutal but I can't wait to see how they grow...

DANO
04-25-11, 5:06 pm
DAMN YOU!! haha Great! can't wait to read your findings.

Bruiser
04-25-11, 6:38 pm
DAMN YOU!! haha Great! can't wait to read your findings.

HAHAHAHA. I got mine. Where's yours? I guess they sent them out to their favorites first!! lol Bro, it's going to drive me nuts waiting until next week! I almost wish it didn't get here so fast! lol I'm drooling.

Bruiser
04-25-11, 7:09 pm
Preworkout: Rage powder sample, Amino powder, Glutamine, Pump, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver

Warm up (done as supersets without breaks three times):
Pushups with thumbs touching - 20
Dumbbell Curls - 20 reps
(no warmup needed for forearms)

Superset #1:
Single arm overhead dumbbell extension - 10 reps
Concentration Curls - 15 reps
Wrist curls - 15 reps
(repeat 3 more times, no rest periods)

Superset #2:
Skullcrushers (lying on floor) - 15 reps
EZ Bar Curls - 10 reps
Reverse Wrist curls - 20 reps
(repeat 2 more times, no rest periods)

Superset #3:
Close grip bench press (lying on floor) - 20 reps
Reverse EZ Bar curls - 15 reps
Dumbbell 21s
(repeat 1 more time, no rest period)

PWO: Pak, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver, Fish oil, Garlic, Cinnamon, Digestive Enzymes

I was having a great workout today, the Rage was really driving me harder than I was expecting. I was focused and jacked up. But I got two important phone calls during my session that I had to take. It sucked having to stop for 15 minutes at a time, but it couldn't be avoided. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Rage will do for me when I start taking the paks next week after we're moved in. The way I felt on the powder today, I can't wait to see what taking it consistently and having uninterupted workouts will do. When I made my massive PWO shake, I actually threw in a piece of rhubarb pie left over from yesterday. Damn that was good.

PWO Shake:
1 cup oats
3 scoops strawberry protein powder (75g)
1 scoop fruit punch creatine
2 scoops amino powder
20g glutamine
Milk
1 piece of rhubarb pie!!! (mmmmmm)

DANO
04-25-11, 7:17 pm
BIG thumbs up to the pie!! haha... Glad to see that got a powder sample to compare with. workout looked good bro!

PORTERHOUSE
04-25-11, 7:27 pm
im jealous man i cant believe you got yours already

Phil800101
04-26-11, 12:42 am
Sick! Nice work.

Bruiser
04-26-11, 7:51 am
Thanks guys. Now I sit and wait until next week when we're all moved in to the new place before I actually start the Rage log. I've got shoulders today. So I'm going to post that here for comparison so next week when I start the Rage everyone can see a side-by-side comparison.

B.S.
04-26-11, 3:54 pm
in for this.

notice we have very similar stacks, gonna be intersting. lets do this fucking thing.

Bruiser
04-26-11, 4:03 pm
in for this.

notice we have very similar stacks, gonna be intersting. lets do this fucking thing.

You got it bro. Let's see just how much damn space we can take up!

Bruiser
04-26-11, 4:16 pm
Shoulders today. I'm not taking the Rage Paks yet, I just want something to compare it to. I'm still in the midst of figuring out how my training is going to go this bulk cycle. I'm changing a lot of things up, and then gauging how I'm feeling and looking. Then I'll decide what movements I'm keeping and what I'm dropping. I tried a new shoulder movement today. It destroyed my delts BAD!! 2 hours and I'm still having trouble lifting my arms up. I think it's a keeper. What I did was do a military press using an EZ curl bar (it's all I got) then do one behind the neck. Then alternate 1 front, 1 behind for a total of 10-12. Holy Brutal Bulls*** Batman!! I could barely finish my training after these. I also tried something different for a warm-up. I played baseball on the Nintendo Wii for 60 minutes before hand. So between that and the alternating EZ curl bar presses, I could've been done for the day... but no. I kept going. (of course everything is supersets with no rest periods)

Warm-up:
60 minutes Wii Sports Baseball

Lying rear delt raises - 4 sets of 8-10 reps
(I went up 2 1/2 lbs on these, which is a lot on this movement)

Superset 1#:
1. Alternating EZ curl bar presses - 10-12 reps
2. Upright row - 10-12 reps
3. barbell shrugs - 15-20 reps
(1-3 repeated 3 more times with no rest periods)

Superset #2:
1. Arnold presses - 8-10 reps
2. Dumbbell lateral raises - 6-8 reps
3. Dumbbell front raises - 6-8 reps
4. Dumbbell shrugs - 10-15 reps
(1-4 repeated 2 more times with no rest)

Finished with 10 more minutes of Wii Sports Baseball (I couldn't even really swing the "bat"!)

Phil800101
04-26-11, 4:48 pm
Killer.

Bruiser
04-26-11, 4:54 pm
Killer.

Thanks bro. I'm really proud of myself for moving up 2 1/2 lbs on lying rear delts. The way I'm doing them, I was instructed to start with a 2 1/2 lb plate. You lay on your left side on a bench (I use the bed). Hold the plate with your thumb in the hole and pinky up. Keep your arm straight and raise slowly to parallel and hold for two seconds. Lower SLOWLY. 6-10 reps. Switch sides. This hits the rear delt so specifically, that it doesn't take much weight at all. I was instructed that if you go heavy with these, you'r not using the rear delt. Once I got the mind/muscle connection and form down, I moved up to a 5 lb plate which I've been doing for three months. My shoulders have really squared off from a side view. Today I used a 7 1/2 lb weight!! I'm so proud of myself. I never knew pride could feel so much like burning agony!! lol

DANO
04-26-11, 5:10 pm
Thanks bro. I'm really proud of myself for moving up 2 1/2 lbs on lying rear delts. The way I'm doing them, I was instructed to start with a 2 1/2 lb plate. You lay on your left side on a bench (I use the bed). Hold the plate with your thumb in the hole and pinky up. Keep your arm straight and raise slowly to parallel and hold for two seconds. Lower SLOWLY. 6-10 reps. Switch sides. This hits the rear delt so specifically, that it doesn't take much weight at all. I was instructed that if you go heavy with these, you'r not using the rear delt. Once I got the mind/muscle connection and form down, I moved up to a 5 lb plate which I've been doing for three months. My shoulders have really squared off from a side view. Today I used a 7 1/2 lb weight!! I'm so proud of myself. I never knew pride could feel so much like burning agony!! lol

Nice!!

Bruiser
04-27-11, 8:41 am
Nice!!

Thanks bro. Today is arm day... again. I'm hitting arms Mon/Wed/Fri this week and probably next. Working on sparking some new growth. I wasn't going to do it next week too, but it lookslike I won't have my gym/garage set up at the new house until next Wednesday now. So I'm debating if I should "officially" start my Rage log today. I might as well, otherwise it will be another week. And I can't wait that long! We'll see how I'm feeling by the time it comes to taking my preworkout pile (stack).

Bruiser
04-28-11, 7:52 am
By 2:30pm I was exhausted. Almost falling asleep on the couch. I was dying to lift, but had a headache and generally felt wiped out. I figured I've been dying to try these damn Rage Paks so bad that I would just go ahead and take it. I figured if I had enough energy in 45-60 minutes... I'd lift.

3:15pm - Walked to the corner to get my son off the school bus. Everybody driving by was staring at me (more than usual). That's when I realized that I was talking out loud to myself the whole time and pacing!! I guess I'll be lifting afterall.

Preworkout: Rage Paks, Pump, Amino powder, Glutamine, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver

Superset #1:
1. Single arm overhead dumbbell extension - 8-10 reps
2. Concentration Curls - 10-12 reps
3. Wrist curls - 15-20 reps
(1-3 repeated 3 more times, no rest periods)

Superset #2:
1. Skullcrushers (lying on floor) - 10-12 reps
2. EZ Bar Curls - 8-10 reps
3. Reverse Wrist curls - 15-20 reps
(1-3 repeated 3 more times, no rest periods)

Superset #3:
1. Close grip bench press (lying on floor) - failure
2. Reverse EZ Bar curls - failure
3. Dumbbell curls - failure
(just did the one superset to failure, with forced and negatives too)

PWO: Pak, Amino 1900, Uni-Liver, Fish oil, Garlic, Cinnamon, Digestive Enzymes

I didn't hit as many as movement as I usally do, but I just trained arms hard on Monday and I went up in weight on every movement. I hope I can lift my arms Friday to do this all over again. I think with the Rage.... that won't be a problem.

DANO
04-28-11, 11:55 am
looks good my man!

Phil800101
04-28-11, 12:36 pm
Nice work!

PORTERHOUSE
04-28-11, 12:40 pm
looking good in here. I can imagine it would be hard to take rage and not want to lift some heavy shit.

how quickly are you finding the paks hit you? I begin to feel the powder within 5 mins or so, and im cruising within about ten minutes.

B.S.
04-28-11, 11:19 pm
hows the unilver pre and post workin for ya?

Bruiser
04-29-11, 7:50 am
Thanks guys.

Bruiser
04-29-11, 7:56 am
looking good in here. I can imagine it would be hard to take rage and not want to lift some heavy shit.

how quickly are you finding the paks hit you? I begin to feel the powder within 5 mins or so, and im cruising within about ten minutes.

The paks hit me in a 15 minutes. What I like better about the paks is that I don't get that annoying tinglining in my skin like I do with the powder. I've got fibromyalgia, and that tingling reminds me of when I'm having a flare up. Sucks. Plus the paks see to last a lot longer than the powder as well. I feel good all day after the paks, it almost feels like it doesn't wear off. At bedtime I just fall asleep. Where the powder you can feel yourself not really crash, but "come down". I don't drink any caffeine products anymore. All I drink is water. So the only caffeine I get is in my supplements. I think this helps a lot with the how long the paks work.

Bruiser
04-29-11, 8:03 am
I came across the pictures I've been wanting to show for a while now. They were taken around Christmas 2010 whe I started lifting again. They were for a tattoo contest so there is no posing or flexing. But I wanted to share the progress I've made with you. I weighed 150 lbs then, and four months later I'm at 203 lbs. Remember, all I used was a set of dumbbells and an EZ curl bar to get to where I'm at. So instead of my standard session today, i did a full body workout to get a decent pump so I could get some new pictures taken. Here's the results:

December 20, 2010 (150 lbs:)
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/Front3.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/Front1.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/Front4.jpg

April 28, 2010 (203 lbs):
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/4-28-11Front2.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/4-28-11Front1.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/4-28-11Front3.jpg

And here's what I can thank:
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/AnimalPile.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/AnimalPile2.jpg

Bruiser
04-29-11, 8:10 am
Here's the "full body" session I did to get pumped for some photos. I did it all as one big ass superset:

Alternating military/behind the neck press - 10-12 reps
Upright rows - 10-12 reps
Shrugs - 12-15 reps
EZ bar curls - 8-10 reps
Skull crushers - 10-12 reps
Dumbbell flys while lying on floor - 12-15 reps
(all repeated for two sets)

It all took about 15 minutes. But I got a decent pump as you can see in the pictures. I'll start posting pictures weekly to show my progress.

B.S.
04-29-11, 9:45 am
i save everything as well. i wish i had all those full
thats some good progress

Bruiser
04-29-11, 9:47 am
i save everything as well. i wish i had all those full
thats some good progress

Most of those ARE full. I just got my order in and picked up more. That's 2-3 months worth.

B.S.
04-29-11, 10:32 am
whats that total bill lol?

Shorts
04-29-11, 10:40 am
whats that total bill lol?

Yes.?

Bruiser
04-29-11, 12:00 pm
With the online order and what I got at the store... between $250-300.

DANO
04-29-11, 12:22 pm
Great progress bro! I know thae feeling, I used to be a 145 lber myself! I broke 200lb a while back, but now I am sitting at 188.

Bruiser
04-29-11, 12:28 pm
Great progress bro! I know thae feeling, I used to be a 145 lber myself! I broke 200lb a while back, but now I am sitting at 188.

Yeah man. It feels good. I've got some fat on me, but my waist is still at 31". The same as it was when I was 150 lbs. THAT feels good!

Phil800101
04-29-11, 1:28 pm
Awesome progress my man! Really impressive.

The Iron Gumby
04-29-11, 7:51 pm
If you can do that with no gym you'll be a monster with your new set up.

Great job brother!

Bruiser
04-30-11, 7:21 am
Awesome progress my man! Really impressive.

Thanks bro. With taking Rage and my new gym/garage setup I'll have next week, you Chicago boys better watch out! I'm coming for ya at the next ABC Event! lol

Bruiser
04-30-11, 7:34 am
There was no time for a workout yesterday and there won't be all weekend. I figured that would be the case with moving. When I woke up yesterday, I was so tired and sore I didn't know if I was going to be able to get anything done. I actually laid in bed until 9am!! I haven't been in bed past 6am in over a year. I was hurting. I got up and pounded my Morning Muscle Juice, ate a 22 oz steak and took my supps to get the body going. I was feeling a little better, but not much. That's when I decided to give Rage a try. It's working great for my training, and what I've got to do all weekend is a hell of a lot more work than a one hour training session! Twenty minutes after taking it I was cranking Dropkick Murphys on the MP3 player, packing boxes at top speed, tossing the 60+ lb boxes onto a stack and just generally jacked the F***up! I ripped through 20-25 boxes in less than three hours. I've got a new ad campaign for Rage: "Animal Rage... Moving Men in a Can". Well back to the grind.

PORTERHOUSE
04-30-11, 8:36 am
The paks hit me in a 15 minutes. What I like better about the paks is that I don't get that annoying tinglining in my skin like I do with the powder. I've got fibromyalgia, and that tingling reminds me of when I'm having a flare up. Sucks. Plus the paks see to last a lot longer than the powder as well. I feel good all day after the paks, it almost feels like it doesn't wear off. At bedtime I just fall asleep. Where the powder you can feel yourself not really crash, but "come down". I don't drink any caffeine products anymore. All I drink is water. So the only caffeine I get is in my supplements. I think this helps a lot with the how long the paks work.

I actually like the ba-9 tingles, but I don't have fibromyalgia so I can;'t compare it to that. Im the same way with supplements... I used to be a horrible stim junkie, now I don't drink any caffeine either, except for my supps. It makes them more effective and I dont feel like shit I the time. I used to be in a constant swing off over caffeinated/crashing. Never able to sleep etc.. now Im getting to bed early and not craving caffeine every half hour.

pics looking good brother!

Bruiser
04-30-11, 9:23 am
I actually like the ba-9 tingles, but I don't have fibromyalgia so I can;'t compare it to that. Im the same way with supplements... I used to be a horrible stim junkie, now I don't drink any caffeine either, except for my supps. It makes them more effective and I dont feel like shit I the time. I used to be in a constant swing off over caffeinated/crashing. Never able to sleep etc.. now Im getting to bed early and not craving caffeine every half hour.

pics looking good brother!

Thanks bro. I'm feeling good. Healthier than ever. It's nice to know I don't need anything to change my moods... alcohol, drugs, tobacco or even caffeine. It's such a change from where I was three years ago. Damn, it feels good.

Phil800101
04-30-11, 12:18 pm
Looking forward to it bro!

Ha, nice! Good luck with the move, I know from experience what a pain in the ass it can be.

Bruiser
05-02-11, 8:56 am
Sorry it took a while to for an update. We've been moving to a new house all weekend and don't have internet (I had to hack my neighbor's wireless to get on right now!!). It looks like I won't be able to train again until tomorrow or Wednesday when I get my bench and clear a spot in the garage to set up the gym. All my equipment got thrown in the back of the garage during the move. Anyways, I'll let everybody know when I'll be hitting my first session with Rage and a bench. I can't wait.

Bruiser
05-03-11, 8:11 am
I'm still using the neighbor's wifi, haven't been able to train since Thursday... GRRRRRR.

I am picking up my bench today and will have some of my gym set up so I can train tomorrow. I can't wait! I was taking the Rage Paks over the weekend while we were moving to the new house. Sunday I popped one at 5am and had three loads hauled to the new house by myself before anyone else woke up! That included to two old TVs (the heavy ass ones) two dressers (one still full) and a file cabinet! I never thought Rage would be so helpful on non-training days. Like I said before, here's the new ad campaign

Animal Rage... Moving Men in a Can. Enough Said.

DANO
05-03-11, 11:16 am
Yes, that is for sure... Rage keeps you grinding no matter what you are doing.. I look forward to seeing what you get done with your new home gym! kill it bro!

Phil800101
05-03-11, 1:14 pm
I'm gonna tell on you...ha ha.

That's a ringing endorsement for Rage if I've ever heard one.

Bruiser
05-04-11, 7:43 am
The weight bench is in the gym/garage finally! I've got to make some adjustments and then I will post some pics later today. I'll be hitting the bench at noon for my first "real" training session in 3 1/2 years. Yeah sure, I've been training my ass off this past 4 months, but without having access to a bench I feel like I've been wasting my time. So here comes the true Rage log. I'm a little scared as to what my bench strength is going to be at. It could be 100 lbs 1RM for all I know (of course if it's over 140 I won't know because that's all the plates I have). But what I can promise is that whatever it is, it will improve with Rage. Damn... I wish it was noon.

Bruiser
05-04-11, 2:50 pm
Well, I finally hit the weight bench today. With no spotter, 3 1/2 years without benching and limited plates, I did what I could. I put 100 lbs on the bar and started with the bench on decline. I did 10 reps, moved it up a notch and did 10 more and continued until I hit the top for incline presses. Then I worked my way back down and up again with limited rest periods (just to move the bench position basically). When I was exhausted I would drop my reps to whatever I could do safely with no spotter. I figured I didn't want to get crushed my first day. Then I started at the top position and grabbed 20 lb dumbbells and did flys. Worked my way down to flat and back up again. Then When I couldn't take it, I dropped the bench to flat and did one set of presses as close to failure as I could by myself. It only took about twenty minutes to do the whole session, but DAMN my chest was pumped! I'm gonna be hurtin' tomorrow because it already feels like I broke my moobs... this is gonna be fun.

Phil800101
05-04-11, 5:23 pm
Killer! Nice work.

Stone_Ghost
05-04-11, 5:57 pm
Told ya man, that all angles chest assault really gets ya goin eh.

PORTERHOUSE
05-04-11, 6:36 pm
thats a shit load of angels man, looks like a good session!

Bruiser
05-05-11, 6:14 am
Killer! Nice work.

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to my next chest day already!!

Bruiser
05-05-11, 6:17 am
Told ya man, that all angles chest assault really gets ya goin eh.

Yeah bro. Thanks much for turning me onto that. Of coure my tits hurt so bad that by the end of the day I won't be so thankful. lol

Bruiser
05-05-11, 6:24 am
thats a shit load of angels man, looks like a good session!

Stone_Ghost turned me on to these. It's a killer way to get my chest workout done with all the little issues hindering a normal workout: no spotter, limited strength from not being able to bench for 3 1/2 years, and limited plates. I was able to do speed sets and just hit as many angles as I could while keeping it safe and not risk getting squished. It only took about 20 minutes and I was thinking last night how I wished I would have trained longer, until I figured out how much I did... 16 sets counting flys! I guess that's an alright session afterall.

Bruiser
05-05-11, 6:46 am
Today I'm going to train back and neck. I'm excited about having my bench back becasue it's got a lat tower attachment. It's not the greatest and can't hold more than 100 lbs, but it's better than nothing. I also use the leg attachment for modified rows. So between those and dumbbell rows, I should finally get a good back session. Then for neck I got my old Grizzly Head Harness back too. Here's what it looks like.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/grizzlyheadharness.jpg

I remember when I used to use this thing, my neck looked like the trunk of a redwood. Damn, I'm loving my new gym!

Stone_Ghost
05-05-11, 6:49 am
See brudda, even with limited weights you can still get a good pump on.

Bruiser
05-05-11, 7:51 am
See brudda, even with limited weights you can still get a good pump on.

That's right man. Up until a month and a half ago, all I had was a set of 20 lb dumbbells.

Funky
05-05-11, 8:50 am
Well, I finally hit the weight bench today. With no spotter, 3 1/2 years without benching and limited plates, I did what I could. I put 100 lbs on the bar and started with the bench on decline. I did 10 reps, moved it up a notch and did 10 more and continued until I hit the top for incline presses. Then I worked my way back down and up again with limited rest periods (just to move the bench position basically). When I was exhausted I would drop my reps to whatever I could do safely with no spotter. I figured I didn't want to get crushed my first day. Then I started at the top position and grabbed 20 lb dumbbells and did flys. Worked my way down to flat and back up again. Then When I couldn't take it, I dropped the bench to flat and did one set of presses as close to failure as I could by myself. It only took about twenty minutes to do the whole session, but DAMN my chest was pumped! I'm gonna be hurtin' tomorrow because it already feels like I broke my moobs... this is gonna be fun.

Not bad for the first day out. You will be maxed out on weights very soon I bet...

Bruiser
05-05-11, 9:34 am
Not bad for the first day out. You will be maxed out on weights very soon I bet...

I probably would be now, but without a spotter I don't want to push it. So I'll give it a few more chest days before I load the bar with everything I have.

DANO
05-05-11, 12:47 pm
Solid chest session! I have done something similar, using light weights and doing 10 sets of 10.. straight kills! Another Idea for you: PULLUP BAR! get one, make one, whatever it takes. As you well know, pullups are one of the greatest back builders of all time!

Bruiser
05-05-11, 1:17 pm
Solid chest session! I have done something similar, using light weights and doing 10 sets of 10.. straight kills! Another Idea for you: PULLUP BAR! get one, make one, whatever it takes. As you well know, pullups are one of the greatest back builders of all time!

I was thinking about one. The garage is an old rickety piece of shit, so I've got to check the strength of the rafters. I'm worried I won't even be able to hang a heavy bag in there let alone it holding the weight of me and my bag. lol

Bruiser
05-05-11, 2:43 pm
I took my Rage about 11:30am. Hit the gym (garage) at 12;20, Being my first real day of training my lats, I had a lot of trouble. It's been 3 1/2 years since I was able to train them. I had almost no mind/muscle connection. The lat tower would only hold 60 lbs before it started wobbling. And my chest is killing me from yesterday, and I could feel it pulling hard when I was doing pull downs. But I did what I could, and modified my grip and even the uses for some of the equipment to get as much in as I could. Here's what it looked like.

Back:
Wide grip pull downs - 4 X 10-15
Close grip pull downs - 4 X 10-12
Reverse grip pull downs - 4 X 15-20

Then I laid way back on the bench and used the tower more like a rowing motion - 3 X 10-15

Then I put 60 lbs on the leg curl attachment and used it for rows
Two hand rows - 4 X 10-15
Reverse grip rows - 4 X 10-15
One hand rows - 2 X 6, 4

Neck:
I used the Grizzly Head Harness
20 lbs. - 3 sets to failure

Overall a good session I guess. It's been so long since I've been able to hit lats that I can't help but be disapointed with my performance. I felt so F***ING weak. It will come back slowly. I'm not going to push myself too hard and cause and injury though. I figure I'm going to drop it down to 20 or 30 lbs next week and just focus on form and mind/muscle connection. It'll come back to me. The rest of the session felt real good though. it was just lats that sucked.

Phil800101
05-05-11, 3:57 pm
Solid!

Mr. Dead
05-05-11, 6:34 pm
What's up, in here...???

Bruiser
05-05-11, 6:41 pm
What's up, in here...???

Hey Dead. What's up bro?

Mr. Dead
05-05-11, 6:43 pm
Hey Dead. What's up bro?

Not much... Tryin' to battle through... And, you...???

Bruiser
05-05-11, 7:21 pm
Not much... Tryin' to battle through... And, you...???

Same here. Shitty day. Everything that could go wrong with the house we just moved into... is. The landlord keeps saying he'll fix the stuff when he gets here. We've been waiting 5 days now. No shower/bath, no washer, no dryer. Makes things difficult when you've got kids! Plus I had a disappointing day training back today. Can't wait til tomorrow though. Leg day.

Bruiser
05-07-11, 7:00 am
F***ING leg day never happened, so it'll have to wait until next week. I am definately not happy abou that. The only resaon I'm not wearing somebody's ass as a workboot right now is the fact that I couldn't train because the landlord (who, from now on, I will only refer to as "The Douche") finally sent his (not-so)handyman to fix s***. So we now have a dryer and tub/shower that works. He showed up without calling first and stayed just long enough to F***up my day. I had taken my Rage/Pump combo and then he showed up 45 minutes later. Wasted Rage, talk about pissed off. So I'm going to take the weekend to fully recover from chest and back this week before starting my new 5 day training routine on Monday (my moobs are STILL killing me from Wednesday). Plus I've got to fix the washer hookups so I can swap the landlord's washer for ours. And I've got to refinish our bathtub (my wife's decision) which by the time it cures will make for 8 days without being able to shower (can you say swamp ass anyone?). GRRRRRRR... Bruiser angry...

Sphinx
05-07-11, 8:52 am
F***ING leg day never happened, so it'll have to wait until next week. I am definately not happy abou that. The only resaon I'm not wearing somebody's ass as a workboot right now is the fact that I couldn't train because the landlord (who, from now on, I will only refer to as "The Douche") finally sent his (not-so)handyman to fix s***. So we now have a dryer and tub/shower that works. He showed up without calling first and stayed just long enough to F***up my day. I had taken my Rage/Pump combo and then he showed up 45 minutes later. Wasted Rage, talk about pissed off. So I'm going to take the weekend to fully recover from chest and back this week before starting my new 5 day training routine on Monday (my moobs are STILL killing me from Wednesday). Plus I've got to fix the washer hookups so I can swap the landlord's washer for ours. And I've got to refinish our bathtub (my wife's decision) which by the time it cures will make for 8 days without being able to shower (can you say swamp ass anyone?). GRRRRRRR... Bruiser angry...

That would make me pretty pissed too, taking a dosage and it going to waste :P Toss in a set or two of lunges whenever you have time between daily chores/activities. Thats what I did (and still do) for push ups just to keep the number up and the blood pumping.

Bruiser
05-07-11, 9:56 am
That would make me pretty pissed too, taking a dosage and it going to waste :P Toss in a set or two of lunges whenever you have time between daily chores/activities. Thats what I did (and still do) for push ups just to keep the number up and the blood pumping.

Good idea man. Thanks.

Phil800101
05-07-11, 1:47 pm
That fucking sucks.

Jay
05-08-11, 5:24 am
Ive taken rage on off days just for the energy as Im not much of a soda drinking, and dont touch coffee.

Can understand your frustration on the new place. Had mice in my last APT. Landlord said "oh, you have mice. Go buy some mouse traps. click''

Bruiser
05-08-11, 7:59 am
We're just about done fixing the new place up. We still have to paint all the rooms, but that's gravy work compared to the other S*** we've doing (and won't get reimbursed for). "The Douche" still hasn't showed up to change the locks, so who knows how many people might have a key to my house! WTF?!

I had to take Rage again on my "Off Day" yesterday. I had to refinish the bathtub (3 coats of some gnarly smelling paint/varnish. The whole house stinks), move the ols washer out, fix the hookups and put ours in. The only problem is that the applaince dolly I was using barely had any air in the tires, so while trying to muscle those F***ERS in and out of the house and garage, I think I strained something in my right knee. It hurts to walk on and the skin is even sensitive on the inside of my knee. But I'll worry more about it when leg day gets here.

A buddy of mine might stop by tonight, so I may throw in an extra chest day this week. We might work the bench so I can get my numbers up while I actually have a spotter. We'll see.

I can't wait til arm day tomorrow. First day of arm training with the ability to do my Bruiser's Bicep Blowout, tricep pushdowns and close grip bench. Gonna be brutal.

Bruiser
05-10-11, 8:45 am
11:00am - Pump
11:30am - Rage

12:00pm - Train
Arm Day:
Giant set #1: Bruiser's Bicep Blowout, close grip bench, wrist curls
1. B3 - 15 lbs for 20, 20 lbs for 15, 30 lbs for 5
2. Close grip bench - 80 lbs for 15-20
3. Reverse wrist curls - 20 lbs for 10-15
Repeat 1-3 for three giant sets

Giant set #2: Barbell curls, tricep pushdowns, wrist curls
1. Barbell curls - 75 lbs for 10-12
2. Tricep pushdowns - 40 lbs for 10-15
3. Wrist curls - 20 lb db for 12-15

Giant set #3: Overhead DB Extension, DB Dropsets, behind the back wrist curls
1. OH DB EXT - 30 lbs for 10-15
2. Standing DB curl dropsets (30-15 lbs)
3. Behind back wrist curls - 20 lbs for 10-15

Overall a really good day. My elbows were hurting on close grip and pushdowns, so I think I will alternate one of them week to week with skullcrushers. I'm going to leave the B3 in there permanently. At least until my tendons give out! lol I was going to throw in some hammers or reverse EZ bar curls at the end, but I was spent. Plus I had such a sick pump going that my skin hurt. I could definitely feel the Rage working. During the session I was more focused than ever and the intensity was scary. I'm so glad I built the gym in my garage, becasue I would have gotten my ass kicked out of any other gym! Plus I was still jacked most of the day. I don't know why, but the Rage just seemed to be more effective this time.

Bruiser
05-10-11, 8:46 am
For a description of what the B3 is, check out my journey. I've got it posted there. Just click on it in my sig

Sphinx
05-10-11, 9:13 am

12:00pm - Train
Arm Day:
Giant set #1: Bruiser's Bicep Blowout, close grip bench, wrist curls
1. B3 - 15 lbs for 20, 20 lbs for 15, 30 lbs for 5
2. Close grip bench - 80 lbs for 15-20
3. Reverse wrist curls - 20 lbs for 10-15

Giant set #2: Barbell curls, tricep pushdowns, wrist curls
1. Barbell curls - 75 lbs for 10-12
2. Tricep pushdowns - 40 lbs for 10-15
3. Wrist curls - 20 lb db for 12-15

Giant set #3: Overhead DB Extension, DB Dropsets, behind the back wrist curls
1. OH DB EXT - 30 lbs for 10-15
2. Standing DB curl dropsets (30-15 lbs)
3. Behind back wrist curls - 20 lbs for 10-15

Overall a really good day. My elbows were hurting on close grip and pushdowns, so I think I will alternate one of them week to week with skullcrushers. I'm going to leave the B3 in there permanently. At least until my tendons give out! lol I was going to throw in some hammers or reverse EZ bar curls at the end, but I was spent. Plus I had such a sick pump going that my skin hurt. I could definitely feel the Rage working. During the session I was more focused than ever and the intensity was scary. I'm so glad I built the gym in my garage, becasue I would have gotten my ass kicked out of any other gym! Plus I was still jacked most of the day. I don't know why, but the Rage just seemed to be more effective this time.

Seeing workouts like this is only motivation to push heavier for myself, awesome workout Bruiser.

Bruiser
05-10-11, 9:42 am
Seeing workouts like this is only motivation to push heavier for myself, awesome workout Bruiser.

Thanks bro. I appreciate it.

DANO
05-10-11, 11:30 am
I love the pump that feels like you are going to rip your skin! haha.. great work Bro!

Bruiser
05-10-11, 11:52 am
I love the pump that feels like you are going to rip your skin! haha.. great work Bro!

Yeah bro. The skin turned so red that all my tattoos looked faded.

Phil800101
05-10-11, 12:24 pm
SIck work my man! Looks pumptastic.

Bruiser
05-11-11, 7:39 am
SIck work my man! Looks pumptastic.

Yeah, they're still hurting today. Really hurting!

Bruiser
05-11-11, 8:16 am
10:00am - Pump, amino powder, glutamine
10:30am - Rage
11:00am - Beef Aminos, Uni-Liver

SHOULDERS/TRAPS: All giant sets performed with limited to no rest periods

Giant Set #1
1. Seated military press - 8-12 reps *
2. Upright rows - 6-10 reps
3. Barbell shrugs - 15-20 reps
1-3 Repeated for three giant sets

Giant Set #2
1. Arnold Press - 8-12 reps
2. Seated lateral raises - 6-10 reps
3. Seated front raises - 6-10 reps
4. Dumbbell shrugs - 15-20 reps
1-4 repeated for three giant sets

Giant Set #3
1. One arm lateral raises - to failure
2. Front barbell raises - to failure
3. Behind the neck press - to failure
1-3 repeated for two giant sets

Dumbbell shoulder press - 1 set to failure
Angled read delt plate raise - 3 sets - 8-10 reps **

I hit my delts from every angle. I felt real strong even though my arms were killing me from my arm workout the previous day. Real happy with this workout. I ripped through it in less than 30 minutes!

* I matched what I used to do for reps and weight in the seated military press. This is the first time I've really tried pushing this movement because this week I had to set the weight back down on the floor when I was done. I did 75 lbs for 12 reps. It doesn't sound like much, but I matched my old PR. Next week, I'm pushing past it.

** I modified my lying rear delt plate raise. Ilean over, propped up on my elbow. Then I move the weigh more diagnally, hitting the rear delt harder. I have to move the weight in almost two directions at once, vertical and horizontal. These really hit hard.

Bruiser
05-11-11, 8:18 am
My arms are still really hurting from Monday! Which is why I think I'll do back today. Since I had such a shitty back day last week, and had no mind/muscle connection. I figure the way my arms are burning, it'll be better than a pre-exhaust and I'll feel everything with my back. I won't be able to put my arms into the movements id I wanted to. I won't be able to move as much weight, but I wanted to focus on form, contratcion and static holds anyways. I think it's just what I need to hit my back right. Of course, my arms are gonna fall off afterwards.

Plus, starting next week I'll have a spotter for a little while on Mondays. So I'll be able to go for some PRs and not have to worry about injury. I can't wait.

Sphinx
05-11-11, 9:44 am
My arms are still really hurting from Monday! Which is why I think I'll do back today. Since I had such a shitty back day last week, and had no mind/muscle connection. I figure the way my arms are burning, it'll be better than a pre-exhaust and I'll feel everything with my back. I won't be able to put my arms into the movements id I wanted to. I won't be able to move as much weight, but I wanted to focus on form, contratcion and static holds anyways. I think it's just what I need to hit my back right. Of course, my arms are gonna fall off afterwards.

Plus, starting next week I'll have a spotter for a little while on Mondays. So I'll be able to go for some PRs and not have to worry about injury. I can't wait.

A spotter is all I'm missing in my workouts :P It sucks when the majority of Animals live outside my area...

Bruiser
05-11-11, 9:54 am
A spotter is all I'm missing in my workouts :P It sucks when the majority of Animals live outside my area...

I know the feeling man. My spotter doesn't know he'll be my spotter... yet. But he's planning on stopping by every Monday, so why not put him to work?! lol

Shorts
05-11-11, 10:07 am
I think it's just what I need to hit my back right. Of course, my arms are gonna fall off afterwards.

Putting in Work Brother! Yes A spotter is Huge Difference! Hows the Rage working for you?

PORTERHOUSE
05-11-11, 11:43 am

Having a spot on bench definitely helps. I haven't benched heavy enough for a spotter in a while, After I hit 315 in November I reworked my form and been focusing on the 8-12 range, and have more recently switched to incline. Reworking the form has made it like and entirely different move, but definitely for the better... I still miss stacking up big weights though... and especially having a not-shitty spotter that can help get some good forced reps on the end of your last set or two... that makes a big difference.

DANO
05-11-11, 11:59 am
Yep, I agree.. a spotter who KNOWS how to spot is worth their weight in gold! Good luck getting in some forced reps.

Phil800101
05-11-11, 2:22 pm
That looks intense and brutal to say the least, sick work! Yup, a quality spotter is a great thing to have.

Bruiser
05-11-11, 3:15 pm
Yep, I agree.. a spotter who KNOWS how to spot is worth their weight in gold! Good luck getting in some forced reps.

The forced reps is what I'm excited about. I'm not as worried about how much I can bench (it will be nice to see what my 1RM is though) but I can't wait to see how many times I can bench what I've got. I only have 140 lbs in plates. So I just want to see how many times I can put that up. I'm more worried about reps than a weight PR. As soon as I can afford some more plates, then I'll see what my max is.

Bruiser
05-11-11, 3:17 pm
That looks intense and brutal to say the least, sick work! Yup, a quality spotter is a great thing to have.

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm looking forward to a serious chest workout next week.

Sphinx
05-11-11, 4:14 pm
The forced reps is what I'm excited about. I'm not as worried about how much I can bench (it will be nice to see what my 1RM is though) but I can't wait to see how many times I can bench what I've got. I only have 140 lbs in plates. So I just want to see how many times I can put that up. I'm more worried about reps than a weight PR. As soon as I can afford some more plates, then I'll see what my max is.

I don't have much to deal with when it comes to plates either, but a solution I have is to use anything you can hang off the edge on the both ends. For me it was spare car tires. If I move past that, I'm thinking of filling buckets with water and seeing how that works out.

rockeo
05-12-11, 2:08 am
hey bruiser (cool user name btw) your bringing the ruckus thats for sure. solid Giant sets. i love those havent done them in awhile maybe i will soon. thanx for the extra motivation bro. enjoy some R&R!

Bruiser
05-12-11, 7:43 am
I don't have much to deal with when it comes to plates either, but a solution I have is to use anything you can hang off the edge on the both ends. For me it was spare car tires. If I move past that, I'm thinking of filling buckets with water and seeing how that works out.

I've thought about the buckets of water. It would be a sick workout, becaause the water would shift and cause you to have to stabilize the bar while pushing it. Could be a hell of a workout.

Bruiser
05-12-11, 7:50 am
hey bruiser (cool user name btw) your bringing the ruckus thats for sure. solid Giant sets. i love those havent done them in awhile maybe i will soon. thanx for the extra motivation bro. enjoy some R&R!

Yeah man, I try to do giant sets or supersets for evey training session. That's a majority of lifts. Chest is the only day I don't do giant or supersets. I'm working on a new one for shoulder day that's sick as hell. I call it Satanic Sets. I've got everything laid out for six different movements, then I do 6 reps for each one (all six movements) with no rest. And go right into the next "giant set". I do this for six full "giant sets". 6X6X6. I'm still tweaking the weights for each one, but I'll have it nailed down soon. I'll share the Satanic Sets shoulder program as soon as I perfect it.

Bruiser
05-12-11, 8:58 am
Had to workout later than usual yesterday. But here's my back day. I went light and fast. Really worked on the hold and squeeze. I had a great mind/muscle connection. I think the key is going to be to train back two days after arms so my arms are too sore and are taken out of the equation. Worked great this time.

4:15pm - Pump
4:30pm - Rage

Giant set #1:
1. Stiff arm pull downs - 8-10 reps
2. Reverse grip pulldowns - 10-12 reps
3. Pulldown rows - 8-10 reps
Repeat 1-3 for a total of three sets

Giant set #2:
1. Modified row - 10-12 reps
2. Modified reverese grip row - 10-12 reps
3. Lean backs - 10-12 reps
Repeat 1-3 for a total of three sets

Giant set #3:
1. Single arm seated rows - 6-8 reps
2. Single arm standing rows - 6-8 reps
2. Barbell rows - 6-8 reps\
Repeat 1-3 fopr a total of two sets (I was spent)

Got through it good and totally forgot to train neck. Have to do it Friday with legs.

DANO
05-12-11, 12:13 pm
Good work Bro! and that shoulder set is sounding sweet!

Bruiser
05-12-11, 2:27 pm
Ouch. Holy F***ING ouch. Good session again on chest today. 35 minutes of pure destruction. Would have been faster but it's 90 degrees in my gym/garage and I had to stop to use my inhaler. I did about the same as last week. I figure why change it up since I was still a little sore yesterday from my chest day last Wednesday! I figure something must be working right. Here's the basic rundown.

Noon - Chest:
Bench Press - 100 lbs.
I started at flat postion (I can't hit decline without a spotter to get the bar off the rack) did 6-10 reps, then moved up one position and did another 6-10 reps, and continued this to the top position. After the incline presses I dropped back down rung by rung, doing 6-10 reps each. At the bottom I started over and went back up rung by rung until I did my last 6-10 rep set at the incline position.

Flys - 20s
I started at the incline pos and did 10-15 reps and dropped down rung by rung, doing 10-15 reps at each. When I got to the bottom, I started over and went back up them.

Bench Press - 100 lbs
After the flys, I did 5 reps at the incline pos and worked back down to flat again. At the flat position I did a drop set (my 12 year old son pulled plates for me!). When I was wiped. I grabbed the bar+40 lbs and did a speed set of 30 reps to finish off my chest. And it sure as hell finished it off!

I'm loving having the Rage/Pump combo. And then adding in the weight bench, I honestly can see my progress on a daily basis. Thanks again Universal and Animal for lettinng me be a part of this promo!

DANO
05-12-11, 2:33 pm
Way to destroy the chest brother!

Phil800101
05-12-11, 4:43 pm
Awesome work bro, keep it up!

Bruiser
05-13-11, 8:58 am
I'm jacked up today. I can't wait to train legs. It's my first shot at training them with some decent equipment (leg attachment on bench) and first day training them with Rage. I can't wait!

Funky
05-13-11, 9:00 am
Why wait train those bad boys!!

DANO
05-13-11, 11:53 am
I'm jacked up today. I can't wait to train legs. It's my first shot at training them with some decent equipment (leg attachment on bench) and first day training them with Rage. I can't wait!

Hahaha... Legs and Back are my favorites (in that order)... When the weather gets consistant around here I am going to turn the forklift into a squat rack!! I'll try to get pics of it to post up!

Bruiser
05-13-11, 12:32 pm
Hahaha... Legs and Back are my favorites (in that order)... When the weather gets consistant around here I am going to turn the forklift into a squat rack!! I'll try to get pics of it to post up!

Now are you going to have somebody operating the forklift? I would have to call that more than an "Assist". lol

Phil800101
05-13-11, 12:42 pm
Kill it!

Bruiser
05-13-11, 1:32 pm
J-E-L-L-OOOOOOHHHHHHH S*** am I gonna be hurting tomorrow. Hell of a leg day. I didn't get through what I wanted to, but it got real interesting instead. Here's it is:

9:00am - Pump
9:30am - Rage

10:00am - Legs:

Giant Set #1:
1. DB Squats 10-15 reps
2. Calf Raises
A. Toes forward 15 reps
B. Toes pointed in 15 reps
C. Toes pointed out 15 reps
3. Lying leg curls 10-12 reps
1-3 done for a total of three giant sets with no rest between movements or sets.
2A-C done consecutively as one set.

Giant Set #2:
1. Standing single leg curls 10-12 reps
2. Single leg extensions 10-15 reps
3. Toe lifts 15-20 reps *
1-3 done for a total of three giant sets with no rest between movements or sets

Giant Set #3:
1. Leg extensions - Failure
2. Calf Raises - Failure
I-2 repeated for a total of two sets.

This is the point my dad dropped off a mower for me to use since mine died yesterday. He said he would be back in two hours to pick it up! I wanted to cry. So I spent the next 90 minutes mowing the lawn in 85 degress+humidity on Jello Legs. All my new neighbors must have thought I was drunk the way I was wobbling! lol I'm glad I had the Rage on board today. Even though I didn't move much weight compared to what everybody else does with legs, this was easily the best leg day I've had since my back injury years ago (or maybe ever). The intensity level was sick, and if I wouldn't have had to mow lawn... I would still be doing giant sets 3 hours later! F*** total weight or 1RM. This whole workout was a PR for me! Thanks to Rage.

*Toe lifts are when I put my heels on a brick and my toes under a DB, then raise my toes up and hold it before slowly lowering it back down. It gives you a thick strap of muscle across the top of your shins. My buddy calls it my "Shin Bicep"! lol

DANO
05-13-11, 1:59 pm
Yep the Tibia raises... The JUGGERNAUT has been doing those for a loooong time... good stuff! there is NOTHING like a good leg workout!

Bruiser
05-13-11, 3:45 pm
Yep the Tibia raises... The JUGGERNAUT has been doing those for a loooong time... good stuff! there is NOTHING like a good leg workout!

I love when it looks and feels like somebody wrapped a steak around my shinbone. These are one of my favorite moves. I see results instantly.

Phil800101
05-14-11, 12:29 pm
Awesome my man! Intense and brutal to say the least. Shin splints...makes me wince just reading about em.

Bruiser
05-14-11, 3:55 pm
I'm enjoying two days off this weekend. But I did check out a few rummage sales and picked up 200 lbs of weights (old cement weights, but I don't care), two long bench bars, four dumbbell handles and assorted collars all for $10. My home gym is getting stocked nicely. I've got a line on a Dreadmill and recumbant bike for less than $50 too. I'll see if I can get hooked up with one of them (or both) tomorrow.

DANO
05-14-11, 8:50 pm
SWEET!! ....now, does your car need a brake job so i can get some more weights? haha

Appollonian
05-15-11, 12:54 am
Just read your log to date, and I will definitely be borrowing some ideas from your workouts and supplementation. Keep up the awesome work!

Phil800101
05-15-11, 4:29 am
I'm enjoying two days off this weekend. But I did check out a few rummage sales and picked up 200 lbs of weights (old cement weights, but I don't care), two long bench bars, four dumbbell handles and assorted collars all for $10. My home gym is getting stocked nicely. I've got a line on a Dreadmill and recumbant bike for less than $50 too. I'll see if I can get hooked up with one of them (or both) tomorrow.

Nice!

Bruiser
05-15-11, 7:12 am
SWEET!! ....now, does your car need a brake job so i can get some more weights? haha

No, but I live about a mile from a salvage yard! It's like the DANO Home Gym From Hell!! lol

Bruiser
05-15-11, 7:16 am
Just read your log to date, and I will definitely be borrowing some ideas from your workouts and supplementation. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks bro. I always love hearing that people want advice or to try my workouts. Like most guys on here, I am my own harshest critic. Even with the gains I've made, I think I need to stop being a pussy and work a lot harder to get to where I would like to be. So hearing you say that you want to try doing what I do... makes me feel damn good. Thanks.

Bruiser
05-15-11, 7:18 am
I got through my first full week of training in my new gym/garage. I like this Monday through Friday set up. I think I've got everything on the right days to get the most benefit. Today, my legs and back are killing me! I know I got good sessions in on each of those. After last week I worried if I could get my back right, but not anymore. My moobs didn't get nealy as sore as they did last week. I know they were destroyed last week because it was my first time benching in 3 1/2 years. But at least now I've got more weights so I can hit them hard this Wednseday. Tomorrow I'm going to train arms in at noon, and then tomorrow night I've got a buddy coming over to spot me and I'm planning on seeing what my 1RM on bench is. Can't wait.

Later today I'm going to check out the two rummage sales that had the recumbant bike and dreadmill for sale. Then while I'm in town I'm going to pick up the stuff to make a rack for all my weights. We'll see how it goes.

Phil800101
05-15-11, 1:07 pm
Sounds like you're doing something right!

Bruiser
05-16-11, 8:00 am
Sounds like you're doing something right!

I know I'm doing something right when it feels wrong! lol

Bruiser
05-16-11, 8:02 am
No luck on the dreadmill or bike. They were gone before I got there. Plus I didn't have a chance to get the stuff to make my weight rack. I'm going to try to later today when I run to town. But first... arm day!!!

Bruiser
05-16-11, 4:12 pm
After I took my Rage, I decided that after two days off I needed a real challenge. So I modified my B3 workout to include 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s and 30s. I figured that I might as well make use of the new weights and DB handles I got over the weekkend. I still hit triceps too, but didn't need to hit forearms because of the stress they got from the B3. Here's the day:

11:00am - Pump, 11:30am - Rage

12:00pm - Arms
B3 with five DBs:
10s - 25 reps each arm
15s - 20 reps each arm
20s - 15 reps each arm
25s - 10 reps each arm
30s - 5 reps each arm
Repeat two more times with NO REST OR BREAKS AT ALL

Superset #1:
1. Barbell Curls - 8-10 reps
2. Tricep Pushdowns - 12-15 reps
Repeated for a total of three supersets

Superset #2:
1. CG Bench Press - 8-12 reps
2. Hammer Curls - Failure
3. Overhead DB Ext - Failure
1-3 repeated for three total supersets

F***ING destroyed it. I've never even attempted a five dumbbell B3 before. I'll call that a PR from hell...

DANO
05-16-11, 4:54 pm
Looks like the arms got NICE and toasted!!

Bruiser
05-16-11, 6:21 pm
Looks like the arms got NICE and toasted!!

Yeah man. I figured out that I did 225 reps with each arm just during the B3 which only took about 15 minutes! I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Appollonian
05-16-11, 6:37 pm
After I took my Rage, I decided that after two days off I needed a real challenge. So I modified my B3 workout to include 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s and 30s. I figured that I might as well make use of the new weights and DB handles I got over the weekkend. I still hit triceps too, but didn't need to hit forearms because of the stress they got from the B3. Here's the day:

B3 with five DBs:
10s - 25 reps each arm
15s - 20 reps each arm
20s - 15 reps each arm
25s - 10 reps each arm
30s - 5 reps each arm

Superset #1:

Superset #2:

F***ING destroyed it. I've never even attempted a five dumbbell B3 before. I'll call that a PR from hell...

Awesome work!

Bruiser
05-16-11, 6:54 pm
Awesome work!

Thanks man

Stone_Ghost
05-16-11, 7:16 pm
Hows it goin in here brudder? Gettin it done or what?

Carrnage
05-16-11, 9:01 pm

B3 with five DBs:
10s - 25 reps each arm
15s - 20 reps each arm
20s - 15 reps each arm
25s - 10 reps each arm
30s - 5 reps each arm

Superset #1:

Superset #2:

Awesome training, now thats how you workout!!! Whats a B3?

Phil800101
05-16-11, 10:22 pm
Nice gun show bro! Congrats on the PR.

Bruiser
05-17-11, 6:44 am
Awesome training, now thats how you workout!!! Whats a B3?

A B3 (Bruiser's Bicep Blowout) is a bicep routine that I designed to destory the biceps and give you the best bicep session of your life in less than 15-20 mintues. You take four dumbbells (I used 5 yesterday!!), for example 15, 20, 25 and 30 lbs and get to a preacher curl bench. Here is what you do for ONE set:
15 lb for 20 reps (each arm)
20 lb for 15 reps (each arm)
25 lb for 10 reps (each arm)
30 lb for 5 reps (each arm)
No breaks or rest peroiods AT ALL. The only rest the arm gets is while the other arm is curling. Go directly into your next set starting with the 15s again. Do this for 3-4 total sets. Yesterday I did five DBs instead of four. F***ING BRUTAL. The B3 works great for when you've only got 15-20 minutes to train but you still want to train biceps hard. I made the mistake of doing a 5 dumbbell B3 then finishing a full session after that. I'm hurting today. Damn, I love it.

Bruiser
05-17-11, 6:47 am
Nice gun show bro! Congrats on the PR.

Thanks man. I'm not sure it was a smart idea to do a 5 tiered B3 and finish it off with a full arm session. Even my elbows hurt right now. I'll be lucky if I can wipe my own a** later today! lol

Sphinx
05-17-11, 9:23 am
Damn... Look at that, more motivation for me to go heavy lol, good job on the arms brother.

Bruiser
05-17-11, 10:16 am
Damn... Look at that, more motivation for me to go heavy lol, good job on the arms brother.

Thans man

DANO
05-17-11, 11:21 am
Are you able to move your arms today? <grin>

Bruiser
05-17-11, 2:17 pm
Are you able to move your arms today? <grin>

Not too bad actually. I know tomorrow will be worse, it always is.

Bruiser
05-17-11, 2:47 pm
I'm still working on the proper weights and exercises for the Satanic Sets for for shoulders. I'm hoping to have the details ironed out by next week though. Here's what I knocked out in under 30 minutes today.

11:00am - Pump, 11:30am - Rage, Noon - Train

Shoulders/Traps

Giant Set #1:
1. Seated Military Press 8-10 reps
2. Barbell Upright Row 8-10 reps
3. Barbell Shrugs 10-12 reps
1-3 repeated for four total sets with no rest or breaks

Giant Set #2:
1. Arnold Press 8-10 reps
2. Seated Lateral Raises 8-10 reps
3. Seated Front DB Raises 8-10 reps
1-3 repeated for four total sets with no rest or breaks

Rear Delt Super Set:
1. Bent Over DB Raises 8-10 reps
2. Angled Plate Raises 8-10 reps
1-2 repeated for four total sets

Rage is giving me such intense workouts. I never thought a preworkout supplement could be this consistently intense. I've tried so many different ones that were great... for a few days (or less). Rage has not let me down and I doubt it ever will. I just hope I don't let the Rage down. I have such amazing and fast workouts, so I'm left with tons of extra energy that I feel like I'm almost wasting it!

Phil800101
05-18-11, 3:24 am
Sick! Looks intense and brutal to say the least.

Bruiser
05-18-11, 6:33 am
Sick! Looks intense and brutal to say the least.

Surprisingly, I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. I'm sure it will hit me harder tomorrow though.

Bruiser
05-18-11, 1:32 pm
9:30am - Pump, 10:00am - Rage, 10:30am - Train

Back:
Giant Set #1:
1. Stiff arm pull downs 8-10 reps
2. Reverse grip pulldowns 8-10 reps
3. Pulldown rows 10-15 reps
Repeat 1-3 for a total of four giant sets with no rest periods

Giant Set #2:
1. Modified row 10-12 reps
2. Lean backs 10-12 reps
3. Modified reverese grip row 10-12 reps
Repeat 1-3 for a total of four giant sets with no rest periods

Giant set #3:
1. Single arm seated rows 6-8 reps
2. Single arm standing rows 6-8 reps
2. Barbell rows - 6-8 reps
Repeat 1-3 fopr a total of four giant sets with no rest periods except to puke between sets 2 & 3

Neck:
Giant Neck Set:
Grizzly Head Harness + 10 lbs
1. Yes - 15 reps
2. No - 15 reps
3. Maybe - 15 reps
Repeat 1-3 for a toal of three giant sets with no rest periods

I can honestly thank Rage for this workout. I was wiped out this morning and knew if I waited until noon (my normal training time) I wouldn't have trained today. But I saw a window of opportunity to train eariler in the day than usual, so I took it. I had a great session. The back mind/muscle connection issue I was dealing with is gone. I could feel every movement, every rep, every contraction, every second. Felt F***ING great.

Stone_Ghost
05-18-11, 4:14 pm
Surprisingly, I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. I'm sure it will hit me harder tomorrow though.

Just gotta make sure youre stretchin out before bed dude. I know if i did then my chest wouldnt feel like it does today.

Appollonian
05-18-11, 4:22 pm

It's all the Aminos you are crushing! Progression will come with work like you've been putting in; I know it's great to feel sore after every workout, but sometimes it just doesn't come.

Sphinx
05-19-11, 8:39 am
This is why I love the Forvm, and the community that it brings together. Because of the way we bounce between each other's logs, I get not only inspiration, but I pickup on things which I can improve on or I didn't know in the past. Like your past neck workouts, the Grizzly neck harness, I never knew thats what that leather-strap-hat (as I called it...) was called! My neck workouts consisted of placing a plate on my forehead, balancing it with my hand, hanging off the edge of the bench, and then lifting my head up and down. That left indentations and marks on my already XL head, and it made my head spin. Now I know what to look for by its proper name the next time I'm out :)

Awesome workouts brother.

wedge
05-19-11, 9:52 am
Some nice work in here bro. I've used your "B3" or a incarnation of it the past few times in the gym and bending my arms after was interesting.
Keep it up.

Bruiser
05-19-11, 9:56 am
Just gotta make sure youre stretchin out before bed dude. I know if i did then my chest wouldnt feel like it does today.

I stretch at the end of every workout along with my fascial stretching. Plus I try to before bed and my chiropractor helps me stretch out good before I get adjusted three times a week.

Bruiser
05-19-11, 10:00 am
It's all the Aminos you are crushing! Progression will come with work like you've been putting in; I know it's great to feel sore after every workout, but sometimes it just doesn't come.

I actually ran out of amino powder and glutamine because I ordered wrong last month. I ended up ordering extra 100%Beef Aminos and Uni-Liver by accident. So until next week when I get my next order in, I've upped those quite a bit. I'm now taking 10 Beef aminos every 2-3 hours and 10 Uni-Livers with every meal, when I wake up and at bedtime. I feel GREAT, except my farts smell like a slaughter house!!

Bruiser
05-19-11, 10:06 am
This is why I love the Forvm, and the community that it brings together. Because of the way we bounce between each other's logs, I get not only inspiration, but I pickup on things which I can improve on or I didn't know in the past. Like your past neck workouts, the Grizzly neck harness, I never knew thats what that leather-strap-hat (as I called it...) was called! My neck workouts consisted of placing a plate on my forehead, balancing it with my hand, hanging off the edge of the bench, and then lifting my head up and down. That left indentations and marks on my already XL head, and it made my head spin. Now I know what to look for by its proper name the next time I'm out :)

Awesome workouts brother.

Was everybody asking you why you had a "5 lb" stamped backwards on your forehead? lol Yeah I love my head harness. I've always thought guys with Hulk Traps and Cannonball Delts looked ridiculous with a pencil neck. So I always train mine hard and get great results. I'm glad you shared your thoughts on here man. I think a lot of times that we forget about our brothers during our journey becasue of they way we're forced to focus. But it's nice to know that even if I do feel like I forget about my brothers, I know they haven't forgot about me.

Bruiser
05-19-11, 10:09 am
Some nice work in here bro. I've used your "B3" or a incarnation of it the past few times in the gym and bending my arms after was interesting.
Keep it up.

I like it a lot more than doing drop sets (it is really just a reverse drop set from hell). I have never done it or had anyone do it that wasn't completely blown away when done.

Sphinx
05-19-11, 10:59 am
Was everybody asking you why you had a "5 lb" stamped backwards on your forehead? lol Yeah I love my head harness. I've always thought guys with Hulk Traps and Cannonball Delts looked ridiculous with a pencil neck. So I always train mine hard and get great results. I'm glad you shared your thoughts on here man. I think a lot of times that we forget about our brothers during our journey becasue of they way we're forced to focus. But it's nice to know that even if I do feel like I forget about my brothers, I know they haven't forgot about me.

LOL, actually it was a big circle (the inner hole/ring of the plate) and it stood out cause the blood would rush to my head during the set.

Without a doubt, this sport, journey, hobby, whatever you want to call it, requires a lot of focus primarily on ourselves. But its because of that focus that it can bring us together and keep the bond, even though we seem to be oblivious at times to the rest of the world around us. The iron is a constant, we make it infinite with our persistence and dedication. Brothers in iron, brothers for life.

Bruiser
05-19-11, 2:48 pm
The iron is a constant, we make it infinite with our persistence and dedication. Brothers in iron, brothers for life.

X2 brother. Well said.

Bruiser
05-19-11, 5:20 pm
Today for chest I did what I call and "Up and Down" cycle. I start on the 1st postition of the bench (flat) and then move up to #2, #3, then finally the top #4 postion (full incline). After that I work my way back down. I did this for three different movements today, basically consecutively. Here it is.

Bench Press
#1 10 reps
#2 10 reps
#3 9 reps
#2 9 reps
#1 8 reps
I only took breaks to move the position of the bench

DB Flys
#1 12 reps
#2 12 reps
#3 12 reps
#4 11 reps
#3 11 reps
#2 10 reps
#1 8 reps
I only took breaks to move the postion of the bench

DB Bench Press
#1 8 reps
#2 8 reps
#3 7 reps
#4 5 reps
#3 4 reps
#2 4 reps
#1 2 reps
Only break was to change position

Holy F***ING wiped! It only took about 35 minutes for this entire workout. I went 10 lbs heavier than usual on the bench press, 5 lbs heavier (each DB) on flys, and 10 lbs heavier on DB bench press (each DB). I was so swollen up that my colar bones were completely gone. With the combiination of Rage and my new gym/garage, nothing is going to stop me from changing into the monster I want to become.

Appollonian
05-19-11, 7:15 pm
Awesome work! I like how you punish it hard but fast. It's good to see others who realize workout length doesn't equal intensity/fury.

Today for chest I did what I call and "Up and Down" cycle. I start on the 1st postition of the bench (flat) and then move up to #2, #3, then finally the top #4 postion (full incline). After that I work my way back down. I did this for three different movements today, basically consecutively. Here it is.

Bench Press
#1 10 reps
#2 10 reps
#3 9 reps
#2 9 reps
#1 8 reps
I only took breaks to move the position of the bench

DB Flys
#1 12 reps
#2 12 reps
#3 12 reps
#4 11 reps
#3 11 reps
#2 10 reps
#1 8 reps
I only took breaks to move the postion of the bench

DB Bench Press
#1 8 reps
#2 8 reps
#3 7 reps
#4 5 reps
#3 4 reps
#2 4 reps
#1 2 reps
Only break was to change position

Holy F***ING wiped! It only took about 35 minutes for this entire workout. I went 10 lbs heavier than usual on the bench press, 5 lbs heavier (each DB) on flys, and 10 lbs heavier on DB bench press (each DB). I was so swollen up that my colar bones were completely gone. With the combiination of Rage and my new gym/garage, nothing is going to stop me from changing into the monster I want to become.

Bruiser
05-20-11, 7:01 am
Awesome work! I like how you punish it hard but fast. It's good to see others who realize workout length doesn't equal intensity/fury.

I love and only do short/intense workouts. It seems the longer I spend doing one, the worse it becomes. If I take too long between sets, setting up for the next movement, etc I lose my pump (or my concentration... ADHD) and the whole day is wasted. Short and intense is the only way to go for me. Thank the Universal Gods for Rage.

Bruiser
05-20-11, 11:51 am
9:00am - Pump, 9:15am - Rage, 9:40am - Train

Legs:

Giant Set #1:
1. DB Squats 10 reps
2. Three position calf raises (toes out, forward and in) 15 reps each
3. Leg Extension 10-15 reps
4. Static Toe Raises 3 reps held for 10-20 seconds
1-4 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets, no rest

Giant Set #2:
1. Lying Leg Curls 15 reps
2. Single Leg Extensions 10-15 reps
3. Calf Raises (toes on a 2X4) 25 reps
1-3 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets

That was it. I was going to do more for hams, but they were really burning already.

DANO
05-20-11, 12:19 pm
9:00am - Pump, 9:15am - Rage, 9:40am - Train

Legs:

Giant Set #1:
1. DB Squats 10 reps
2. Three position calf raises (toes out, forward and in) 15 reps each
3. Leg Extension 10-15 reps
4. Static Toe Raises 3 reps held for 10-20 seconds
1-4 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets, no rest

Giant Set #2:
1. Lying Leg Curls 15 reps
2. Single Leg Extensions 10-15 reps
3. Calf Raises (toes on a 2X4) 25 reps
1-3 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets

That was it. I was going to do more for hams, but they were really burning already.

Nice work buddy! Saying hams reminded me of this... The BEST killer for my hammys is the Stiff-leg deadlift.... frys them like nothing else.

Bruiser
05-20-11, 12:53 pm
Nice work buddy! Saying hams reminded me of this... The BEST killer for my hammys is the Stiff-leg deadlift.... frys them like nothing else.

It doesn't take me long to fry out my hammys. Up until I got my bench w/ leg attachment two weeks ago, I had no way of really training them. So it takes very little to make them burn and grow now.

DANO
05-20-11, 1:25 pm
It doesn't take me long to fry out my hammys. Up until I got my bench w/ leg attachment two weeks ago, I had no way of really training them. So it takes very little to make them burn and grow now.

Now that you have a bar and stuff, give 'em a shot... Make sure you stand on a platform of some sort to get the full stretch!

Bruiser
05-20-11, 1:29 pm
Now that you have a bar and stuff, give 'em a shot... Make sure you stand on a platform of some sort to get the full stretch!

I'm more than a little scared to try those because of the three herniated disks in my lower back.

DANO
05-20-11, 1:37 pm
I'm more than a little scared to try those because of the three herniated disks in my lower back.

Well, ya that would be a little sketchy..

Stone_Ghost
05-20-11, 4:07 pm
Ill impart some knowledge on this. Bruiser , buddy, dont be doin nothin thats gonna mess with your lower back. I busted my lower back once before, and when i " THOUGHT" it was good to go again, i got back into what i was doin, busted it again. I figure there are always ways to train around injury, and once you " think" its good to go, hold off at least another 2 months and get back into it slowly. Just my 2 cents big feller.

Keep 'er neat.

Bruiser
05-20-11, 4:44 pm
Ill impart some knowledge on this. Bruiser , buddy, dont be doin nothin thats gonna mess with your lower back. I busted my lower back once before, and when i " THOUGHT" it was good to go again, i got back into what i was doin, busted it again. I figure there are always ways to train around injury, and once you " think" its good to go, hold off at least another 2 months and get back into it slowly. Just my 2 cents big feller.

Keep 'er neat.

Yeah man. I don't train lower back at all and only squat with DBs hanging at my sides. I'm VERY careful with it so I don;t make it worse. If I never deadlift, rack pull or squat... who cares. The fact that I can lift how I do with my injuries, makes me happy.

Bruiser
05-21-11, 7:47 am
Once again after leg day I ended up mowing the lawn. Except this time I had to use a mower my friend gave me because mine is still dead. This one is 20+ years old, isn't self propelled (push mower) and is missing a front wheel! The friend that gave it to me is also my chiropractor... talk about job security. You know when a chiropractor gives a patient a push mower with only three wheels he's looking for return customers!! lol Luckily the Rage was still humming and I got through it.

No training today or tomorrow.

Appollonian
05-21-11, 8:41 am
Once again after leg day I ended up mowing the lawn. Except this time I had to use a mower my friend gave me because mine is still dead. This one is 20+ years old, isn't self propelled (push mower) and is missing a front wheel! The friend that gave it to me is also my chiropractor... talk about job security. You know when a chiropractor gives a patient a push mower with only three wheels he's looking for return customers!! lol Luckily the Rage was still humming and I got through it.

No training today or tomorrow.

Back when I was in middle and high school, my dad had a self propel mower but the self propel function was broken, so it was a beast to push... Hopefully if it jacked your back up, he'd take care of you for free.

Bruiser
05-22-11, 7:27 am
Back when I was in middle and high school, my dad had a self propel mower but the self propel function was broken, so it was a beast to push... Hopefully if it jacked your back up, he'd take care of you for free.

I'm lucky because my insurance covers my chiropractor visits. So I'm able to go as often as I want. Usually I go at least twice a week. There's supposed to be a copay but my buddy waves that. I can't wait to get in there tomorrow. I woke up this morning sore as F***. That three wheeled push mower beat the hell outta me.My back is so tight and tweaked that I'm afraid to move around too much. And of course I have no idea where the heating pad went when we moved two weeks ago!

Bruiser
05-23-11, 8:21 am
It turns out that I pulled my seratus muscle over the weekend while trying to mow the lawn with a mower that was missing a wheel, not to mention being a pallbearer didn't help the situation either. It hurts to even take a deep breath right now. I can't get into the chiropractor until later this afternoon, I still haven't been able to find the heating pad and we don't have any Tylenol or Ibuprofen anywhere in the house. I'm worried I might have to take today off. Even though it's arm day, I don't know if can even lean over to pick up the DBs for my B3... F***!!

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-11, 8:24 am
It turns out that I pulled my seratus muscle over the weekend while trying to mow the lawn with a mower that was missing a wheel, not to mention being a pallbearer didn't help the situation either. It hurts to even take a deep breath right now. I can't get into the chiropractor until later this afternoon, I still haven't been able to find the heating pad and we don't have any Tylenol or Ibuprofen anywhere in the house. I'm worried I might have to take today off. Even though it's arm day, I don't know if can even lean over to pick up the DBs for my B3... F***!!

Is it worth it for one workout? Sucks, but sometimes you just need to miss a workout for the large scheme of things. Think of Guns over there dealing with his neck, just play it smart. Rather miss a workout than have a terrible one

Bruiser
05-23-11, 8:34 am
Is it worth it for one workout? Sucks, but sometimes you just need to miss a workout for the large scheme of things. Think of Guns over there dealing with his neck, just play it smart. Rather miss a workout than have a terrible one

Yeah, I'm thinking about just going REAL light with it today and still doing my workout. A light three tiered B3 (nothing over 20 lbs), resistance band curls, CG bench and push downs. Keep it light and work on form. I'll play it by ear and see how I'm feeling. It doesn't help that I'm out of amino powder and glutamine either. Whenever I take that combo first thing in the morning it helps with muscle pain better than anything the Dr prescribes.

Appollonian
05-23-11, 10:11 am

Pulling a seratus is the real deal for me. The most acute pain I ever had was when I hurt my knee and it felt like someone hit it with a baseball bat, but the scond most pain was pulling a seratus. It got so bad the second night my mom took me to the hospital for pain killers: like an idiot I had refused to take anything for the pain and I was taking 1/4 breaths at that point. A little muscle relaxer went a long way that day.

Working out was the last thing on my mind that day, and there is no shame in missing one with that injury.

Bruiser
05-23-11, 10:24 am
Pulling a seratus is the real deal for me. The most acute pain I ever had was when I hurt my knee and it felt like someone hit it with a baseball bat, but the scond most pain was pulling a seratus. It got so bad the second night my mom took me to the hospital for pain killers: like an idiot I had refused to take anything for the pain and I was taking 1/4 breaths at that point. A little muscle relaxer went a long way that day.

Working out was the last thing on my mind that day, and there is no shame in missing one with that injury.

I think I might rest it until tomorrow and just change my split. I'll do:
Tues - Arms
Wed - Shoulders
Thur - Chest
Frid - Legs

I'm dropping back training this week. I usually do that Wednesday, but I figure I might as well just cut that to keep my schedule somewhat regular.

Bruiser
05-23-11, 10:27 am
Plus I'm out of protein powder, amino powder, glutamine and creatine. So I'm definitely gonna wait until tomorrow to train.

DANO
05-23-11, 12:44 pm
Well, you are getting som flavors of Rage to make ya feel better! Heal up bro!

Sphinx
05-23-11, 2:43 pm
Plus I'm out of protein powder, amino powder, glutamine and creatine. So I'm definitely gonna wait until tomorrow to train.

Rest easy brother.

Bruiser
05-24-11, 8:10 am
Well, you are getting som flavors of Rage to make ya feel better! Heal up bro!

Yeah dude. I'm pretty psyched about that. I hope that send two packs of each so I can test them with 4oz of water and harcore powder shot style. I'm planning on doing a youtube video log for it. Green apple... mmmmmm.....

Bruiser
05-24-11, 8:11 am
Rest easy brother.

Thanks bro. I ended up taking the day off. Except I ate so much all day that it put pressure on my back! I might have been better off training. lol

Sphinx
05-24-11, 9:07 am
Thanks bro. I ended up taking the day off. Except I ate so much all day that it put pressure on my back! I might have been better off training. lol

Lol, there's no shame in eating all day on a day off. The way I see it, days like that are refueling days and it just means that as soon as you step back in the gym, you've got to use all that energy to be hit new PRs right across the board.

Appollonian
05-24-11, 10:15 am

I hate being injured, but at least with an injury when you are forced to eat while resting. This is infinitely better than being forced to rest when you are sick and can't keep anything down besides a protien shake if you are lucky.

I'm not saying I'm glad you hurt your back, just offering my $0.02 about 'off days'.

Can't wait to see you back in action!

Bruiser
05-25-11, 8:06 am
I decided to take it easy on arms yesterday since my seratus is still killing me. Apparantly I didn't take it that easy though, my arms are torched this morning! I got up and did four hours of landscaping before I trained. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have Rage, I wouldn't have trained.

11:00am - Pump, 11:30am - Rage, Noon(ish) - Train

B3 (I just did a 4 tier because of my seratus):
10s - 20 reps
15s - 15 reps
20s - 10 reps
30s - 5 reps
Repeated for a total of four times with no rest at all.

Giant Set #1:
1. CG Bench 8-10 reps
2. Barbell Curls 6-8 reps
3. Forearm builder (normal curl)
1-3 Repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest

Giant Set #2:
1. Rope Push Downs 10-12 reps
2. Seated DB Curls 8-10 reps
3. Forearm Builder (reverese curl)
1-3 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest

Finished off with:
Hammer Curls - 3 drop sets

10 minutes of posing and fascial stretching

It was a good day. I felt like my head just wasn't in it, but I'm sore enough today that I can tell I hit it right. I almost had to stop after the barbell curls. They absolutely killed my seratus! But thanks to Rage I powered through it. I can't wait to try the new flavors. I'll be starting a youtube video log when I get the new flavors. I'll probably start a new Thread for that.

Appollonian
05-25-11, 9:33 am
I decided to take it easy on arms yesterday since my seratus is still killing me. Apparantly I didn't take it that easy though, my arms are torched this morning! I got up and did four hours of landscaping before I trained. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have Rage, I wouldn't have trained.

11:00am - Pump, 11:30am - Rage, Noon(ish) - Train

B3 (I just did a 4 tier because of my seratus):
10s - 20 reps
15s - 15 reps
20s - 10 reps
30s - 5 reps
Repeated for a total of four times with no rest at all.

Giant Set #1:
1. CG Bench 8-10 reps
2. Barbell Curls 6-8 reps
3. Forearm builder (normal curl)
1-3 Repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest

Giant Set #2:
1. Rope Push Downs 10-12 reps
2. Seated DB Curls 8-10 reps
3. Forearm Builder (reverese curl)
1-3 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest

Finished off with:
Hammer Curls - 3 drop sets

10 minutes of posing and fascial stretching

It was a good day. I felt like my head just wasn't in it, but I'm sore enough today that I can tell I hit it right. I almost had to stop after the barbell curls. They absolutely killed my seratus! But thanks to Rage I powered through it. I can't wait to try the new flavors. I'll be starting a youtube video log when I get the new flavors. I'll probably start a new Thread for that.

Nice work! It's quite extra impressive considering your seratus situation...

Looking forward to your reviews.

Bruiser
05-25-11, 9:39 am
Nice work! It's quite extra impressive considering your seratus situation...

Looking forward to your reviews.

Thanks man. I'll be doing a video log of the new flavors. That way people can see the actual look on my face when I take them (can't lie about that). then I'm going to start a new thread for the reviews where I will post the link to each day's video.

Appollonian
05-25-11, 9:58 am
Thanks man. I'll be doing a video log of the new flavors. That way people can see the actual look on my face when I take them (can't lie about that). then I'm going to start a new thread for the reviews where I will post the link to each day's video.

I've cooked some pretty bad/burned food before and many times my wife will put on her happy face for me while politely setting the plate down... but when it comes to supplements, she doesn't hide her expressions at all. Her sense of smell is super heightened right now, and every time I open my jug of Rage from the other side of the house, she'll mention something about the smell... I love it, but it gets a to her right now =).

DANO
05-25-11, 11:39 am
Nice volume in there Bruiser. Way to attack it even with an injury.

Sphinx
05-25-11, 12:56 pm

Lol, I'd like to try something new for the sake of variety. I don't mind the orange cough syrup flavour I have, but the new flavours look quite intriguing.

Stone_Ghost
05-25-11, 5:23 pm
Bruiser buddy, hows the back feelin bro?

Bruiser
05-25-11, 5:56 pm
Nice volume in there Bruiser. Way to attack it even with an injury.

Thanks man. It felt pretty good today, and I hit it hard.

Bruiser
05-25-11, 5:59 pm
Bruiser buddy, hows the back feelin bro?

Pretty good. I was able to stretch it out pretty good today. I got the Nintendo Wii working and played a few games of MLB Home Run Derby. That really helps loosen it up. Plus I was able to get into the chirporactor. Looks like it's smoothe sailing from here. I had a killer shoulder day today too. I was surprised what I was able to do considering the way I've been hurting.

Bruiser
05-25-11, 6:33 pm
Despite my injured seratus, I pushed through and had a hell of shoulder day today. I might have given myself an extra day off it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to play with my new toy.

11:00am - Pump, 11:30 - Rage, Noon - Train

Warm up:
Steering wheels

Giant Set #1:
1. Seated DB lateral raises (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
2. Seated DB lateral raises (10 lbs) 5-6 reps
3. Seated DB front raises (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
4. Seated DB front raises (10 lbs) 4-5 reps
5. Telephone Pole Shrugs 10-15 reps*
1-5 repeated for a toal of 4 GIANT sets with no rest periods.

Giant Set #2:
1. Seated DB Arnold Press (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
2. Seated DB Arnold Press (10 lbs) 6-8 reps
3. Upright Rows 8-10 reps
4. Barbell Shrugs 10-12 reps
1-4 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest periods

Finished off with:
Telephone Pole Upright Rows - 1 set to failure

Okay... you've been waiting for it, here's my new toy. I got a 10 ft section of a telephone pole that still has the thick copper wire nailed into it that I was able to bend up as handles.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/TelephonePole1.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/TelephonePole2.jpg

One hell of a workout. I was pissed that it was raining so hard, because I wanted to flip the pole end over end down the yard and back as a warm up. Maybe next week.

DANO
05-25-11, 6:42 pm
SWEET!!! Welcome to the dark side! haha

Sphinx
05-26-11, 1:08 am
Okay... you've been waiting for it, here's my new toy. I got a 10 ft section of a telephone pole that still has the thick copper wire nailed into it that I was able to bend up as handles.

One hell of a workout. I was pissed that it was raining so hard, because I wanted to flip the pole end over end down the yard and back as a warm up. Maybe next week.

That is so cool! I want one too! You know, there sure are a lot of telephone poles on the streets where I live, I wonder...

Phil800101
05-26-11, 1:44 am
Awesome work in here bro, sweet toy! Keep it up.

Bruiser
05-26-11, 8:17 am
Despite my injured seratus, I pushed through and had a hell of shoulder day today. I might have given myself an extra day off it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to play with my new toy.

11:00am - Pump, 11:30 - Rage, Noon - Train

Warm up:
Steering wheels

Giant Set #1:
1. Seated DB lateral raises (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
2. Seated DB lateral raises (10 lbs) 5-6 reps
3. Seated DB front raises (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
4. Seated DB front raises (10 lbs) 4-5 reps
5. Telephone Pole Shrugs 10-15 reps*
1-5 repeated for a toal of 4 GIANT sets with no rest periods.

Giant Set #2:
1. Seated DB Arnold Press (15 lbs) 8-10 reps
2. Seated DB Arnold Press (10 lbs) 6-8 reps
3. Upright Rows 8-10 reps
4. Barbell Shrugs 10-12 reps
1-4 repeated for a total of 4 giant sets with no rest periods

Finished off with:
Telephone Pole Upright Rows - 1 set to failure

I realized that I totally forgot to list my rear delt work!!

Giant Set #2:
5. Bent Over Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps

Between Giant Set #2 and my finish I did:
Angled Rear Delt Plate Raises 4 sets 8-10 reps

Bruiser
05-26-11, 4:47 pm
Was jacked up all day waiting to train. I haven't felt this amped up in a while. Not sure what the difference is but I had a killer training session today and my appetite is through the roof! Chest day turned into full upper body day. When I was done my chest, traps, shoulders and arms were pumped to holy hell. My chest and arms still feel tight and full almost three hours later. I tried something different this time on the bench. I started with a low weight and repped through and went up in weight until I had done 5 sets. Then I did a F***ED UP giant set. To give you an idea of what the session means, position 1 is flat bench, 2 is mid height and 3 is inclined.

Bench Press:
Bar 20 reps
60 lbs 10 reps
80 lbs 10 reps
100 lbs 8 reps
110 lbs 8 reps
130 lbs 6 reps (*PR)

Giant Set #1:
Pos 1:
Bench Press 110 lbs 6-8 reps
DB Flys 20 lbs 8-10 reps
Stiff Arm DB Flys 10 lbs 8-10 reps
DB Bench Press 20 lbs to failure
Pos 2: Same
Pos 3: Same
Pos 2: Same
Pos 1: Same
I took 30 seconds to rest between positions. This was F***ING BRUTAL!

Giant Set #2:
Bench Press 60 Lbs.
Pos 1 10 reps
Pos 2 10 reps
Pos 3 10 reps
Pos 2 10 reps
Pos 1 10 reps
No rest periods except for switching the position of the bench.

I've never had a day like this. The whole session only took 30 minutes. Honestly, since my injury four years ago, this was the first time I REALLY pushed myslef on how much weight I could put up. I didn't struggle at all with the 130lbs. It went up easy and was a PR for me. I have no idea what my 1RM actually is since I don't have a spotter. I'm guessing around 170. I can't wait to find out. Now all I need is my Rage flavor samples and a spotter...

Stone_Ghost
05-26-11, 4:51 pm
Not bad man. keepin the intensity up for sure, Rage has a tendancy to just make ya wanna keep on goin and goin and goin and goin and goin and goin and goin............and goin and goin and goin.........well.......i think you get bthe point.......and goin and goin

Bruiser
05-26-11, 5:02 pm
Not bad man. keepin the intensity up for sure, Rage has a tendancy to just make ya wanna keep on goin and goin and goin and goin and goin and goin and goin............and goin and goin and goin.........well.......i think you get bthe point.......and goin and goin

Thanks man. I know what you mean. Today I felt like the Energizer Bunny on crank!

Stone_Ghost
05-26-11, 5:08 pm
I hear that man. i took Rage and pump( with the red) and i was like a cheetah on speed. wicked workout though.

Bruiser
05-26-11, 5:17 pm
I hear that man. i took Rage and pump( with the red) and i was like a cheetah on speed. wicked workout though.

I always take the red pill the Pump/Rage combo. I really don't know how Rage and Pump are without it...

Appollonian
05-26-11, 5:49 pm
I always take the red pill the Pump/Rage combo. I really don't know how Rage and Pump are without it...

I've got a can of M-Stak coming, will start my next leg day (first day of my workout week). I'm tempted to take the red pill, at least on the days I'm benching, but I'm honestly happy with just the Rage... don't want to get used to 500+ mg of caffiene pre-workout... I'll be thinking about it though.

Sick workouts man, keep up the work!

Phil800101
05-27-11, 12:57 am
Sick work my man! Congrats on the PR.

Bruiser
05-27-11, 8:09 am
Sick work my man! Congrats on the PR.

Thanks Phil. I'm sure there will be more coming soon...

Bruiser
05-27-11, 12:46 pm
9:00am - Pump, 9:30am - Rage, 10:00am - Train

Back:
Giant Set #1:
1. Bent Over Barbell Rows 6-8 reps
2. Lean Backs 8-10 reps
3. Seated Rows 6-10 reps
4. Reverse Grip Seated Rows 6-8 reps
1-4 repeated for a total of four giant sets with 30 second rest between giant sets.

Giant Set #2:
1. Straight Arm Pull Downs 6-8 reps
2. Wide Grip Pull Downs 6-8 reps
3. Reverse Grip Pull Downs 6-8 reps
4. Lat Tower Rows 6-8 reps
I reversed the giant sets so it went 1-4, 4-1, 1-4, 4-1 with 30 second rest periods between all 4 giant sets

Giant Set #3:
One Arm DB Rows
30 lbs to failure
20 lbs to failure
10 lbs to failure
20 lbs to failure
30 lbs to failure
I did this as a big ass drop/up set with each arm.

I love the seated rows I'm doing now. I use the leg curl attachment on my bench to do them. The ROM isn't the greatest but I can really feel them and I'm seeing real thickness forming front to back on me. Every workout has been just killer this week. I've really found my groove with my home gym. Rage is just amazing too. Unlike other preworkout supplements, every dose is like the first. It never seems to be less effective than any other time. And with it, I keep getting better myself.

Phil800101
05-27-11, 12:57 pm
Awesome session bro!

Appollonian
05-27-11, 1:13 pm

Back:
Giant Set #1:
1. Bent Over Barbell Rows 6-8 reps
2. Lean Backs 8-10 reps
3. Seated Rows 6-10 reps
4. Reverse Grip Seated Rows 6-8 reps
1-4 repeated for a total of four giant sets with 30 second rest between giant sets.

Giant Set #2:
1. Straight Arm Pull Downs 6-8 reps
2. Wide Grip Pull Downs 6-8 reps
3. Reverse Grip Pull Downs 6-8 reps
4. Lat Tower Rows 6-8 reps
I reversed the giant sets so it went 1-4, 4-1, 1-4, 4-1 with 30 second rest periods between all 4 giant sets

Giant Set #3:
One Arm DB Rows
30 lbs to failure
20 lbs to failure
10 lbs to failure
20 lbs to failure
30 lbs to failure
I did this as a big ass drop/up set with each arm.

I love the seated rows I'm doing now. I use the leg curl attachment on my bench to do them. The ROM isn't the greatest but I can really feel them and I'm seeing real thickness forming front to back on me. Every workout has been just killer this week. I've really found my groove with my home gym. Rage is just amazing too. Unlike other preworkout supplements, every dose is like the first. It never seems to be less effective than any other time. And with it, I keep getting better myself.

Nice! Last time I did giant sets with back and/or chest and it beat me down hardcore... Keep it up!

Bruiser
05-27-11, 1:16 pm
Awesome session bro!

Thanks man.

Bruiser
05-27-11, 1:28 pm
Nice! Last time I did giant sets with back and/or chest and it beat me down hardcore... Keep it up!

I love the giant sets. With my limited equipment and limited time, they seem to be the best option for me. It never takes me longer than 35 mintues for a full training session. I can see that they're effective by how much mass I've put on in such a short time period.

DANO
05-27-11, 1:40 pm
Looks good Bruiser! does your bench have a decline setting?

Bruiser
05-27-11, 1:47 pm
Looks good Bruiser! does your bench have a decline setting?

Yeah, but when I set it on decline I can't reach the bar. So with no spotter, it's kinda pointless. I can reposition the rack by unbolting it and sliding it down, but it take about 5-10 minutes to do that, so I can't use the decline when I'm doing the Position 1-3 Giant Sets. I wish I could, because then I'd have four positions to use. Plus I don't want that long of a rest period during the workout. I suppose I could throw declines DB press or flys in there though.... DUH! I never actually thought about that until right now. God I feel like a moron. Duh... I lift heavy things and put them back down. I lift heavy things and put them back down. I lift heavy things and put themn back down. I lift...

Appollonian
05-27-11, 1:51 pm
Yeah, but when I set it on decline I can't reach the bar. So with no spotter, it's kinda pointless. I can reposition the rack by unbolting it and sliding it down, but it take about 5-10 minutes to do that, so I can't use the decline when I'm doing the Position 1-3 Giant Sets. I wish I could, because then I'd have four positions to use. Plus I don't want that long of a rest period during the workout. I suppose I could throw declines DB press or flys in there though.... DUH! I never actually thought about that until right now. God I feel like a moron. Duh... I lift heavy things and put them back down. I lift heavy things and put them back down. I lift heavy things and put themn back down. I lift...

Nice! I haven't done them in a few years, but I really like decline DB becnhing.

DANO
05-27-11, 1:52 pm

Hahaha.... the bench my step son had, you could move the "bar pins" down a notch to allow you to reach the bar... one time I did a chest set of 10 sets of 10 for each of the 4 positions... I used around 130ish...brutal.

Bruiser
05-27-11, 2:05 pm
Hahaha.... the bench my step son had, you could move the "bar pins" down a notch to allow you to reach the bar... one time I did a chest set of 10 sets of 10 for each of the 4 positions... I used around 130ish...brutal.

Instead of "bar pins" mine has threaded bolts with a handle on them for loosening/tightening. Except one of the black plastic handles broke off. So it's a pain in the ass to drop it down now. The bench also has an even higher incline position where it's almost 60-70 degrees, but it's impossible to get the bar off the rack becasue it's almost behind your head when you lay back. If I had a spotter I'd have two more positions to use. Damn, could you imagine a 5 position Giant Set?!

Stone_Ghost
05-28-11, 10:43 pm
Man i say give er, nothing like a multi angle giant set. However i dont think calling it a giant set is appropriate. Needs to be called something more epic.

Bruiser
05-29-11, 7:29 am
Man i say give er, nothing like a multi angle giant set. However i dont think calling it a giant set is appropriate. Needs to be called something more epic.

Well, I have you to thank for the idea for this session. In only three weeks my chest has just exploded from doing this workout. I'm just blown away at how fast my chest and back are responding to training. But I think you're right about calling it a "giant set". How about... a "HOLY F***, I BROKE MY TITS" set?

Bruiser
05-29-11, 7:31 am
No workout yesterday or today. I feel like a lazy slob when I have off days. I can't wait to get back to it on Monday. Until then, I'll just have to keep gorging myself.

Bruiser
05-30-11, 5:48 pm
I decided to change things up a bit today. No giant sets! Can you believe it? Plus I got to train earlier in the day again. I love that.

Arms;
4 tier B3:
10 lb 20 reps
15 lb 15 reps
20 lb 10 reps
30 lb 5 reps
Repeated for four total sets with NO rest at all

CG Bench Press 80 lbs:
5 sets 10-20 reps
30 second rest between sets

Barbell Curls 60 lbs:
5 sets 6-10 reps

Single Arm Overhead DB Extension:
20 lb 10 reps
15 lb 10 reps
20 lb 8 reps
20 lb 7 reps
15 lb failure
The only rest was while the other arm was working

Alternating Standing DB Curl 20 lbs:
5 sets 8-20 reps

Seated Tricep Rope Push Downs:
20 lbs 15 reps
40 lbs 10 reps
30 lbs 8 reps
20 lbs 10 reps
40 lbs 5 reps
20 lbs 8 reps
30 lbs 4 reps
20 lbs 5 reps
0-15 seconds rest between sets. Just enough so I could function.

This was sick. I've never had a pump like this. I love changing it up like this, but this was a rare occasion where I had more than 30 minutes to train so I was able to do something other than Giant Sets. I'm glad I had Rage on board today or I'm not sure I would have gotten through all the sets.

Phil800101
05-30-11, 9:36 pm
Nice gun show bro! No doubt it was a sick pump.

Sphinx
05-30-11, 9:39 pm
You sure do have a lot of volume in your workouts Bruiser, do you always train like this?

Appollonian
05-30-11, 10:09 pm
Awesome volume with short rest equals intense! Nice work.

Loomis
05-31-11, 3:29 am
sick, looking good!

Bruiser
05-31-11, 7:12 am
You sure do have a lot of volume in your workouts Bruiser, do you always train like this?

Yeah, I love high volume workouts. I'm not able to go as heavy as I would like because of the three herniated disks and arthritis in my back. So I try to make up the difference with volume. It seems to be working so far.

Bruiser
05-31-11, 7:14 am
Awesome volume with short rest equals intense! Nice work.

The funny thing is that those were the longest rest periods I'v e take in the last month! lol

Appollonian
05-31-11, 7:48 am
The funny thing is that those were the longest rest periods I'v e take in the last month! lol

You're still recovering from an injury though... right? Seriously though, that's some tough work.

Sphinx
05-31-11, 8:02 am
Yeah, I love high volume workouts. I'm not able to go as heavy as I would like because of the three herniated disks and arthritis in my back. So I try to make up the difference with volume. It seems to be working so far.

Ouch... Sucks about the injury :P

Funky
05-31-11, 8:15 am
Volume with high reps works and the intensity makes it fun! Good work Bruiser!

Bruiser
05-31-11, 9:32 am
You're still recovering from an injury though... right? Seriously though, that's some tough work.

Yeah, I've had chronic back pain for over 13 years. That's why I got high volume instead of heavy weight.

Bruiser
05-31-11, 9:36 am
Ouch... Sucks about the injury :P

I herniated a disk that they ended up doing surgery on and when they were doing the surgery, the surgeon dragged the scalpel across two more disks, damaging those. I couldn't get into physical therapy for over 6 months and by then the deep scar tissue formed and now I'm just having to live with it. That was 4 years ago. I have to go to the chiropractor 2-3 days a week to stay mobile. Then I pulled my seratus muscle a little over a week ago too. Oh well. Gotta deal with it.

Bruiser
05-31-11, 9:39 am
Volume with high reps works and the intensity makes it fun! Good work Bruiser!

Even before my injuries I always trained like this. When I did heavy weight/low reps I felt like I was wasting my workouts! lol My body responds better to this form of training. I've tried a 4 day split, but with the volume I do, it works better to do one body part a day and do 5 day split with Saturday and Sunday as rest days. I hit it so hard I have to do it this way. There's no way I could train two body parts (other than bi's and tri's) in one day with the volume I do. I get A LOT of s*** for not taking a day off in the middle of the week, but it'sworking for me and that's all that matters.

Appollonian
05-31-11, 9:55 am
Even before my injuries I always trained like this. When I did heavy weight/low reps I felt like I was wasting my workouts! lol My body responds better to this form of training. I've tried a 4 day split, but with the volume I do, it works better to do one body part a day and do 5 day split with Saturday and Sunday as rest days. I hit it so hard I have to do it this way. There's no way I could train two body parts (other than bi's and tri's) in one day with the volume I do. I get A LOT of s*** for not taking a day off in the middle of the week, but it'sworking for me and that's all that matters.

As long as it works for you, this is what matters. From your progress pics awhile back, I would say it's definitely working from an outsider persepective, and the only judge that really matters is you.

Funky
05-31-11, 9:58 am
I am the same way I actually do better working weights for 5 days and cardio for 6. It is what ever your body say "HELL YES" to that you need to stick with!

DANO
05-31-11, 12:19 pm
Noce work B! Instinctive training is the way to go. everybody's body is different, so why should everybody work out the same? keep killin' it my man!

Bruiser
05-31-11, 4:11 pm
11:00am - Pump (last dose... sucks), 11:30am - Rage, Noon - Train

Shoulders;

Seated Military Press - 65 lbs:
5 sets 6-12 reps

Seated Side Lateal Raises - 10 lb DBs:
5 sets 8- 15 reps

Bent Over Rear Delt Raises - 10lb DBs:
5 sets 8-12 reps

Telephone Pole Shrugs
5 sets 10-20 reps

Front DB Raises - 20 lb DBs:
5 sets 8-15 reps

Barbell Upright Rows - 65 lbs:
5 sets 8-10 reps

30 second rest between sets and 2 minute rest between exercises. I really played with weight change today. And once again... NO GIANT SETS! On the side lateral raises I went with 10 lb DBs so I could really slow it down. I spent 3 seconds on the way up and 3 seconds on the way down. Same with rear delt raises. Since I had extra time today I did a higher volume session again to change things up this week. I'm glad I'[ve got Rage. It seems just as helpfull on long sessions as it is on my speed sessions.

Appollonian
05-31-11, 6:10 pm
11:00am - Pump (last dose... sucks), 11:30am - Rage, Noon - Train

Shoulders;

Seated Military Press - 65 lbs:
5 sets 6-12 reps

Seated Side Lateal Raises - 10 lb DBs:
5 sets 8- 15 reps

Bent Over Rear Delt Raises - 10lb DBs:
5 sets 8-12 reps

Telephone Pole Shrugs
5 sets 10-20 reps

Front DB Raises - 20 lb DBs:
5 sets 8-15 reps

Barbell Upright Rows - 65 lbs:
5 sets 8-10 reps

30 second rest between sets and 2 minute rest between exercises. I really played with weight change today. And once again... NO GIANT SETS! On the side lateral raises I went with 10 lb DBs so I could really slow it down. I spent 3 seconds on the way up and 3 seconds on the way down. Same with rear delt raises. Since I had extra time today I did a higher volume session again to change things up this week. I'm glad I'[ve got Rage. It seems just as helpfull on long sessions as it is on my speed sessions.

Volume with long reps is a good way to shock your system.

What happened with the Pump? If logistical, I understand that: I actually have a spreadsheet that has my supps, the amount used per day or week, start date, and reorder date to make sure I don't run out. If economical, I understand this, too...

Way to kill it though!

Stone_Ghost
05-31-11, 6:30 pm
Lookin good . you get your samples yet?

Bruiser
05-31-11, 6:46 pm
Volume with long reps is a good way to shock your system.

What happened with the Pump? If logistical, I understand that: I actually have a spreadsheet that has my supps, the amount used per day or week, start date, and reorder date to make sure I don't run out. If economical, I understand this, too...

Way to kill it though!

Forgot to order Pump and it's too expensive to buy around here. I'll wait until next month for it. It'll be interesting to see how i do without Pump for a month.

Bruiser
05-31-11, 6:47 pm
Lookin good . you get your samples yet?

Not yet!! But sometimes our UPS guy doesn't come until almost 6:30pm. So I have still have hope that they might show up today!

Bruiser
05-31-11, 7:02 pm
Not yet!! But sometimes our UPS guy doesn't come until almost 6:30pm. So I have still have hope that they might show up today!

Scratch that, UPS just dropped them off. Tomorrow is gonna be awesome...

Phil800101
05-31-11, 8:51 pm
Nice volume!

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:42 am
Nice volume!

Thanks man. I'm loving this change in the routine. I'm not nearly as sore as I was expecting to be. So I'm thinking about changing things up and training chest today instead of back. I think since I got my bench a month ago, chest day has easily become my favorite day. It probably help that I'm seeing the mass just piling on from week to week. I'm starting to get that collarbone shelf instead of just sloping from my neck to my nipples.