PDA

View Full Version : Sphinx on Rage

Sphinx
04-21-11, 2:42 pm
A big thank you to J-Dawg for picking me as one of the lucky few to get a chance to use Rage, and set some new personal records on my three big lifts.

I want to give a bit of background on myself before I begin; I'm 23 years old, I've been actively weight lifting over 3 years now (Since December 2007). I do it for fun, for health, and also to maybe one day compete on stage. Currently I'm a university student studying psychology, but I'll be using Rage for the summer as the school year is almost up. I workout twice a day doing heavier sets in the morning and going lighter in the evening. I also toss in cardio every other day just to keep the heart in shape.

My current lifts are as follows:

Bench: 185lbs.
Deadlift: 300lbs.
Squat: 225lbs.

My goals (at the minimum):

Bench: 225lbs.
Deadlift: 315lbs.
Squat: 315lbs.

My progress has been rather slow over the years partially because I workout alone. My focus is on safety - especially with the heavier sets - which sometimes limits the amount of weight I can move. I'll be keeping a daily log with all my exercises and the amount of weight lifted as soon as Rage comes in.

Bruiser
04-22-11, 9:09 am
Good luck bro. I can't wait to see what all of us who won are able to accomplish!! BTW...; paks or powder. I chose paks.

J-Dawg
04-22-11, 9:49 am
In for this brother. Let's see what Rage can do to help ya push those numbers up.

ToSo
04-22-11, 9:53 am
Good luck bro! No joke after you take Rage, your going to surpass those numbers. Looking forward to hearing about your new PR's

Sphinx
04-22-11, 10:12 am
I'm going to go with powder, I don't like taking capsules (Its why I love Pak cause its not encapsulated).

Thanks for tuning in guys, I'll do my absolute best.

ProteinJunkie
04-22-11, 11:04 am
I'm in bro - let's do this.

Sphinx
04-22-11, 11:49 am
I'm in bro - let's do this.

The Official Animal/Universal Connection in the Great White North! Glad to see you aboard PJ.

Hollow
04-25-11, 9:22 am
Congrats on winning a container of Rage!

Sphinx
04-25-11, 6:09 pm
Congrats on winning a container of Rage!

Hey! Thanks bud. By the way, any word from Northman?

Sphinx
05-05-11, 10:59 am
Lol, just my luck, I come home from my workout and there's a package in the mail for me which I've been waiting for with my can of Rage :P Oh well, I'll crack it open tomorrow and begin my log then, I can't wait!

Bruiser
05-05-11, 3:27 pm
Lol, just my luck, I come home from my workout and there's a package in the mail for me which I've been waiting for with my can of Rage :P Oh well, I'll crack it open tomorrow and begin my log then, I can't wait!

Kick ass bro. We'll be watching...

Sphinx
05-06-11, 12:17 pm
Today was my first day on Rage, here are my thoughts, opinions, and workout results...

Upon waking, I downed 25g of WPI in 4 oz. of water and ate a slice of bread with PBJ. Right after I had my shot of Rage and chilled for a half hour before working out.

Today was back day for me, the numbers were as follows;

Deadlifts - 135x20, 185x15, 210x8, 236x5, 135x15

Lat pulldown - 70x25, 90x14, 120x8, 70x20

Bent-over rows - 135x10, 145x10, 155x7, 135x12

Wrist curls (behind the back, alternating between palms facing back and front) 135x30, 135x30, 155x12, 155x16

Leg lifts - 60 reps.

So, initial impressions of Rage. Opening the can, the smell in my opinion was not bad at all, quite frankly it tied in with the taste which reminded me of a decent cough/cold syrup. It mixed very well and went down easy. I've used different stimulant-type supplements in the past and had effects ranging from skin crawling, to nothing. Caffeine itself has bizarre effects on me (coffee gives me jitters for a good hour while Red Bull has put me to sleep :P Go figure...). However with Rage, I felt a gradual "awakening", there was no immediate Rush, and no skin tingling.

The mental concentration and focus were there, it reminded me of the time I tried Intra-Aid (I had received it as a sample and found it to be by far the BEST intra-workout supplement). I found it easy to push myself for every set I did.

Although I don't have any previous workout logs to support my numbers, I did surpass previous rep counts for myself in deadlifts and bent-over rows. My weight totals are going to be a bit awkward for this log (Notice the 236 in DLs?) since I do not have enough iron at home (max weight is 210) and I'll be adding car tires on the ends of the barbell when need be (like I did today). I normally train at school between September till the beginning of May where I have much more equipment and weight, but for the summer I train at home and have improvise a little.

Overall, I'm happy with Rage after the first day. Tomorrow I plan on taking it on an empty stomach to see if there is a change in the effects. Animal/Universal once again has come out with a stellar product and encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to do just that.

ToSo
05-06-11, 2:08 pm
Overall, I'm happy with Rage after the first day. Tomorrow I plan on taking it on an empty stomach to see if there is a change in the effects. Animal/Universal once again has come out with a stellar product and encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to do just that.

Effects will definitely change, on an empty stomach IMO. I noticed a huge difference when taking it on an empty stomach.

Sphinx
05-06-11, 2:11 pm
Effects will definitely change, on an empty stomach IMO. I noticed a huge difference when taking it on an empty stomach.

I figured that the fat in the peanut butter maybe had something to do with the gradual effect. As I sit here typing this, I've been feeling odd jitters for the past 2 hours or so. It might be Rage or perhaps because I've been a bit excited about some news I've come across recently outside the gym.

Hollow
05-06-11, 2:16 pm
I love the improvisations you are using to achieve your workouts at home. Adding the tires to increase the pounds, nice touch.

Nice touch giving ProteinJunkie a shout out in your sig. It is well deserved to say the least.

Sphinx
05-06-11, 2:24 pm
I love the improvisations you are using to achieve your workouts at home. Adding the tires to increase the pounds, nice touch.

Nice touch giving ProteinJunkie a shout out in your sig. It is well deserved to say the least.

Hey! I'll probably end up adding plastic dumbbells to the bar as well once I figure out a way to keep them stable on the ends, heck, I think I can hand buckets of water as well :)

I'm all for supporting local/national businesses, especially ones like PJ's, he goes the extra distance for us customers. We can only hope that the unfortunate economy and its retarded ups and downs only works in his favour.

ProteinJunkie
05-06-11, 4:13 pm
I'm all for supporting local/national businesses, especially ones like PJ's, he goes the extra distance for us customers. We can only hope that the unfortunate economy and its retarded ups and downs only works in his favour.

Wow, I’m honored bro...I didn’t even notice. I really do appreciate the extra help all of you put forth in helping this venture stay afloat. Thank you.

Bruiser
05-07-11, 7:31 am
I figured that the fat in the peanut butter maybe had something to do with the gradual effect. As I sit here typing this, I've been feeling odd jitters for the past 2 hours or so. It might be Rage or perhaps because I've been a bit excited about some news I've come across recently outside the gym.

I've noticed the jitters a little PWO. I think it's the Rage telling me to get my ass back in the gym and keep going! lol So what's this news that's got you all excited?

Sphinx
05-07-11, 8:47 am
Wow, I’m honored bro...I didn’t even notice. I really do appreciate the extra help all of you put forth in helping this venture stay afloat. Thank you.

And we sure do appreciate what you've done to promote and bring us Animal, lol, I want to help you monopolize and take business away from the big name chains.

I've noticed the jitters a little PWO. I think it's the Rage telling me to get my ass back in the gym and keep going! lol So what's this news that's got you all excited?

Yeah! I went back in the evening for my second workout and had more energy. I focused on arms because I find its the lacking portion of my body. Just a few sets of curls, wrist curls, and a tricep extension or two.

As for the excitement, lol, well, I'm kind of a carefree person so I'm usually more content with the way life is even when shit hits the fan. First off, I just finished my second year of university and this summer is looking pretty good because I was able to find work (too much in fact...) and I'll be able to make more money than last summer. And, my training is going a lot better because I've found more motivation and focus by training twice a day during the last few months. Rage is the icing on the cake, so I'm a little more happy than usual.

Sphinx
05-07-11, 10:19 am
Day two on Rage, here's the rundown of my shoulder workout;

Barbell shoulder press - 45x25, 65x20, 75x15, 85x7, 65x15

Dumbbell shrug - 30x70, 50x50
Barbell shrug - 135x30, 185x30, 210x13

Bent-over dumbbell lateral raises - 30x15, 40x9, 50x6

Barbell front raise - 45x15, 65x10, 75x4

Dumbbell shoulder press - 30x11, 40x4

Leg lifts - 61 reps.

Those are higher numbers for me than I have ever seen in past shoulder workouts. I really push myself when it comes to shoulders because I feel they're weak (like the arms...) The last three exercises show a drastic drop in reps because by the end of any shoulder workout, the joints for me kinda begin to give out and I find my arms just dropping and virtually no strength to bring it back up. Its why I keep the shoulder press right at the start and use the most energy on it.

The only difference with the dosage of Rage today was that it was taken on an empty stomach. Withing ten minutes I felt a burning and tingling sensation (due to the beta-alanine) only in my ears. It didn't last very long. Again, more concentration, more motivation while working out.

Sphinx
05-08-11, 11:51 am
Today is an off day (both working out and work) so I won't be taking any Rage. Gonna enjoy the weather, catch up on some reading, and sleep.

Bruiser
05-09-11, 9:14 am
Today is an off day (both working out and work) so I won't be taking any Rage. Gonna enjoy the weather, catch up on some reading, and sleep.

Sounds nice man, I hope you enjoyed it.

Sphinx
05-09-11, 9:20 am
Sounds nice man, I hope you enjoyed it.

Lol! It went like any other day in which I plan rest; absolutely NONE! The only thing that went right was I did some reading to keep the gears spinning come September again. I actually ended up going to a concert last night; Rammstein. That turned into a workout, I didn't sit for the show at all, I just rocked out to the music. This morning I've woken to a hoarse voice (too much singing along...) an aching neck and legs, and ringing ears. In the end, it was bloody worth it, it's been over ten years since they came to Toronto and I loved every minute of it.

Bruiser how was your weekend? Get any more work done at your new place?

I took Rage a while ago and am waiting it out a little before I go tear up some muscle and throw some iron around.

Bruiser
05-09-11, 9:24 am
I got to repair washer hookups, get our washer hooked up, refinish the tub and recaulk it. Overall, nice and relaxing.

Sphinx
05-09-11, 11:15 am
A new week begins with day three on Rage.

Despite the ringing in the ears and soreness here and there, I pushed through (literally) chest day hitting new heights as far as reps and weight moved.

Bench press - 135x20, 165x8, 190x2, 135x10

Barbell wrist curls - 135x30, 135x30, 165x15, 165x15, 115x30, 115x30

Dumbbell flyes - 30x27, 40x18, 50x10

Super-sets; leg lifts and push ups - 65 LL and 20 PU, 10LL and 11 PU

At the last super set I began to taste bile and Rage creeping up through the food pipe, that was it for me. Its nice to see I can pull off 190 to two reps on my own, just another stepping stone to my goal of 225. Room for improvement without a doubt here, I'll probably return in the evening for a short workout and some cardio since the weather is perfect for running.

Rage is going down easy, it helped out this morning big time since I was a bit wiped and tired from last nights concert.

Sphinx
05-10-11, 12:13 pm
Day 4 on Rage.

Today's workout was all legs and it didn't go so great, further info below.

Squats - 135x18, 165x12, 185x7, 205x4, 115x10
Calf Raises - 135x45, 165x45, 185x36, 205x30, 115x30

Good Morning - 115x6 (And this is where things went bad)

First off, I do squats with standing calf raises as super sets. As soon as I finish a set of squats, I immediately do calf raises. How I do the calf raises is a little bit different, I think I got this idea from House in one of his videos actually... Anyway, its split up further into 3 "sets" if you will; the position of my feet changes. First the toes are pointing outwards to the side, then I turn as far as I can inwards, and then I point them forward. It kinda looks like this ... \ - / ... / - \ ... | - |

That really hits the calves from all angles and I hold the weight for my last rep.

The good mornings went sour because I began to feel a sensation in my knee, and unfortunately it wasn't the good kind (Is there such a thing as a GOOD sensation in the knee?) As soon as I racked the weight after the only set, I began to flex the knee and it didn't feel right at all. I decided not to go back and instead did 4x10 of body-weight leg lunges. This was more for testing the funny feeling... so far its gone.

I waited a little longer than usual after I took Rage this morning before my workout and I felt a strange numbness and more alert. The feeling was great and helped propel me through the squats when I did being my workout.

Bruiser
05-11-11, 9:25 am
I do the same thing with squats and calf raises! I love doing them like that. Get through a session quick. Nice illustration for foot placement. Perfect explanation, but it cracked me up. lol

Sphinx
05-11-11, 9:44 am
Day 5 on Rage.

I took advantage of the weather this morning since its the only thing that these ridiculous gas prices aren't hampering... Anyway, it was a 3km run, very explosive, it only took me about 20 mins including stretching. I will hit the weights later tonight and do some arms in the evening.

Rage helped a lot this morning. Last night I couldn't sleep, I think I got maybe 4 hours. I had taken a nap in the evening and just as expected, it threw off my sleeping pattern for the night. Rage hauled my tired ass, made me feel warm and fuzzy all over when I took it. I won't be taking it tonight for my arm workout, I'll rely on getting a steady amount of carbs for energy throughout the day and just going all out in the evening.

I do the same thing with squats and calf raises! I love doing them like that. Get through a session quick. Nice illustration for foot placement. Perfect explanation, but it cracked me up. lol

Cracked you up? Lol, what exactly do you mean?

Bruiser
05-11-11, 9:52 am
Cracked you up? Lol, what exactly do you mean?

The illustration made me chuckle. I never thought a person could explain foot position like that. It never even crossed my mind, but you did it perfectly. I was just surprised to see it.

Sphinx
05-11-11, 10:10 am
The illustration made me chuckle. I never thought a person could explain foot position like that. It never even crossed my mind, but you did it perfectly. I was just surprised to see it.

Oh ok lol! I thought I maybe illustrated something else or made an inference somehow, I went back right away and re-read what I wrote :P Hahaha!

Sphinx
05-11-11, 10:47 pm
Evening workout. I didn't go too hard, just enough to feel a burn because I do intend on doing arms tomorrow morning. The plan for tomorrow was to do back, but since I work in the evening - and I'd do deadlifts in the morning - it'd be hell for the knees.

Barbell wrist curls (alternating between palms facing back and front) 115x30, 115x30, 165x20, 165x20, 195x2, 195x2, 115x10, 115x10

Drag curls (EZ bar) - 45x17, 65x13, 75x8, 45x18

Overheard extension (tricep bar) - 45x15, 55x9, (EZ bar) 45x16, 65x6

Bruiser
05-12-11, 10:20 am
Oh ok lol! I thought I maybe illustrated something else or made an inference somehow, I went back right away and re-read what I wrote :P Hahaha!

Hahaha, nope. No naughty illustrations. lol

Sphinx
05-12-11, 11:38 am
Day 6 on Rage.

After seeing Bruiser's arm workout, I pushed as hard as I could until my arms looked almost like Wrath's... almost ;)

Skull crushers (EZ bar) - 45x20, 65x6 (Tricep bar) - 55x10

Barbell wrist curls - 115x24, 115x24, 135x15, 135x15, 155x9, 155x9

Reverse grip barbell drag curls - 45x22, 55x17, 65x9

Barbell drag curls - 55x12, 65x10

Preacher curls (EZ bar) - 35x19, 45x15, 55x12

Dips (between two chairs) - 18, 17, 17

Leg lifts - 72

The preacher curls, I brought my hands just to the curve in the EZ bar and felt a pump like never before when I did my sets. I'll be making sure that from now on I do a set like that when I do arms. Asides from that, I hit a new high for my leg lifts, my arms are trembling and I can't feel my triceps :) All in all, a good workout.

Although I've never tried it, I've been told that when taking certain opiates, it feels like a warm blanket is put around you and you just want to sleep. Rage comes close to that minus the need to sleep. The fuzzy-crawly feeling seems to hang around my ears a lot after I take it, and I'm more in tune with my workouts.

Sphinx
05-13-11, 11:18 am
Day 7 on Rage.

Not the greatest workout day, its what I hate about working late and sleeping in; you're never fully rested. I felt Rage carrying me throughout the workout today. Its also probably because I did heavy arm work for the past 2 days, today I felt pains in my hands whenever I held the weight. Anyway, here's what the shoulder workout looked like today;

Seated shoulder press - 55x30, 65x19, 85x10, 55x18

Seated lateral dumbbell raise - 10x21, 15x15, 25x8, 10x16

Dumbbell shrugs - 25x75, 35x60, 50x31, 35x45

Push ups - 37

The biggest improvement was in the shoulder press when comparing to my last shoulder workout. I did everything seated because I'm continuously standing at work and I try to alleviate the pressure off the knees and legs when not working. Tonight's going to be a night shift so I won't be squeezing in a second workout.

Loving Rage, I find its best taken on an empty stomach as it hits the system quicker. My only concern is when I finish, I know that from Cuts I always get headaches for a day or two, I'm hoping its not the same with Rage.

Sphinx
05-15-11, 1:15 pm
Saturday and Sunday have been and will be rest days. I'm sore and tired from work so I plan to rest up, and stretch for the remainder of today to get ready for another heavy week.

Bruiser
05-16-11, 7:55 am
Saturday and Sunday have been and will be rest days. I'm sore and tired from work so I plan to rest up, and stretch for the remainder of today to get ready for another heavy week.

I hope the R&R went good man. Good luck with another heavy ass week. Later bro.

Sphinx
05-16-11, 10:57 am
I hope the R&R went good man. Good luck with another heavy ass week. Later bro.

Bruiser, there wasn't much R&R :P What can I say, working nights just never allows for adequate rest no matter how much you sleep during the day. I just took my shot of Rage which I desperately need, I'm feeling my skin crawl and tingling at the ears, boy how I missed it these past two days lol. I'm off to do some chest, I'll be back later on to update my log.

Sphinx
05-16-11, 1:04 pm
Bay 8 on Rage.

Wow, what a workout, at one point I began to see bright coloured spots, lol, I know that isn't great but hell, it sure felt good when I set a new standard for myself.

Bench press - 135x18, 165x10, 190x3, 135x13

Barbell wrist curls - 135x30, 135x30, 165x20, 165x20, 115x25, 115x25, 115x15, 115x15

Flys - 50x14, 50x10, 50x10

Wide-grip bench press - 115x10, 115x10

Leg lifts - 80

Mid-air push ups - 17

My bench press has gone up when looking at numbers from last week. I sure felt it this morning and only wish I had a spotter because I was sure that with just a light lift I could have done a few more. On the set of 190, I came down after my third rep in an attempt to do a fourth, but the weight dropped on the safety bar and I knew that was it for that set. My flys were an improvement too, it was when I began to see the funny coloured spots and a bit of blurred vision as I forced that weight for each set. Leg lifts hit a new high, I'll be going only upward beyond that. As for the mid-air push ups (these push ups were done on 3 chairs; 2 for the hands and one for the feet. They allow for a drop past floor level being suspended in mid-air) they took the last bit of energy out of me... for the morning anyway.

Today's workout felt amazing, even though I didn't sleep well (or much...) last night. Thank goodness for Rage again, sure can count on it to give me the focus and wake up call so I don't end up taking 5 minute naps on the bench whilst I workout (Yeah lol, I sometimes nap between sets).

Sphinx
05-17-11, 8:41 pm
Day 9 on Rage.

Almost forgot to post this... anyway, here's today's workout.

Squats - 135x18, 185x12, 210x6, 135x10
Calf Raises- 135x45, 185x60, 210x45, 135x36

Lunges (bodyweight) - 25, 18, 18, 17

Skipping - 3x3mins intervals

I really felt the squats today, that was my focus. I don't have much when it comes to leg equipment so I'm stuck with the same few exercises. I think for next week I'll switch it up and do barbell lunges. I'd like to do more legs, but work doesn't permit me because it involves prolonged hours of standing.

Rage gave me the boost I needed to bring up the rep count for my squats. I've come to realize I really like Rage, I'm beginning to worry about what will happen when I finish the can. If anyone can answer this who has already gone through a cycle of Rage, but is there any effect coming off? Cravings or headaches?

Sphinx
05-18-11, 11:35 am
Day 10 on Rage.

Another workout, another shot of Rage, and more sets of PRs.

Drag curls (EZ bar) - 25x25, 45x26, (Switched to barbell) 65x13, 75x4, 45x15

Overhead extensions (Tricep bar) - 45x18, 55x10, 65x5, 25x30

Barbell wrist curls - 115x30, 115x30, 165x17, 165x17, 165x10, 165x10

Preacher curls (EZ bar) - 45x30, 55x23, 65x13, 45x19

Dips (using chairs) - 20, 17, 18

Leg lifts - 82

As you can see, it was arm day today, and boy did it feel good. I've never curled such heavy weight and I know its only going to go up in the weeks to come. My tricep extensions have gone up as well and same with the preacher curls. A fun PR would be to get to at least 100lbs. curls with a barbell. I look in awe when I watch the Cage competitions during the bodybuilding expos, and I see guys from the Forvm with the pros all curling 45lbs. plates on the ends of the barbell.

Bruiser
05-18-11, 2:18 pm
You are just cruising through PR after PR. Don't limit your goals to 100 lb curls, you'll hit that in no time.

Sphinx
05-19-11, 8:41 am
You are just cruising through PR after PR. Don't limit your goals to 100 lb curls, you'll hit that in no time.

Rest assured bro, the limits only keep rising after every PR, I promise to keep pushing... and pulling, and curling!

Sphinx
05-19-11, 12:19 pm
Day 11 on Rage.

A glorious day for back today.

Pull ups - 8 (over hand), 7 (under hand), 4 (OH), 4 (UH)

T-Bar row - 35x35, 60x25, 85x20, 100x16, 120x7, 35x25

Stiff legged deadlift -115x16, 135x10, 155x8, 115x12

Bent-over row - 115x20, 165x8, 135x12, 115x14

One of my favourite days is when I do back. No matter what the exercise, I feel it tearing up at least half my body and I'm always winded at the end of the sets and workout.

I'm still knocking back shots of Rage and loving all the tingly, fuzzy, and focus minded buzzes everyday.

Bruiser
05-20-11, 6:54 am
Nice back work bro. Keep that up and you'll have some serious "back moobs"

Sphinx
05-20-11, 1:02 pm
Nice back work bro. Keep that up and you'll have some serious "back moobs"

Lol, thanks, I'll have to squeeze them in between the wings ;)

Sphinx
05-20-11, 1:09 pm
Day 12 on Rage.

Dumbbell shoulder press - 30x16, 40x7, 40x6, 30x11

Seated laterals - 20x11, 20x11, 30x5

Barbell upright row - 95x10 (wide grip) 95x10 (close grip) 95x7 (WG) 95x7 (CG)

Bent over barbell shoulder row - 75x15, 85x10, 95x7

Barbell wrist curls (alternating palms facing front and back) - 95x25, 95x25, 115x25, 115x25, 135x16, 135x16, 155x8, 155x8, 115x18, 115x18

Went to bed late last night and got up much earlier than usual, I was half asleep for most of the morning. My workout happened a little later cause of some errands I had to do as soon as I woke up. Rage carried me through by giving me a boost to make me feel like I had got enough sleep, but no more. It kinda reminded me of the way I would feel in the mornings after taking Animal PM, fully rested, but I was more awake too.

Bruiser
05-21-11, 7:32 am
Went to bed late last night and got up much earlier than usual, I was half asleep for most of the morning. My workout happened a little later cause of some errands I had to do as soon as I woke up. Rage carried me through by giving me a boost to make me feel like I had got enough sleep, but no more. It kinda reminded me of the way I would feel in the mornings after taking Animal PM, fully rested, but I was more awake too.

I've noticed something similar. When I don't get enough sleep, Rage makes me feel like I'm well rested, but when I'm actually well rested, Rage gets me all jacked up and ready to go.

Sphinx
05-21-11, 9:55 am
I've noticed something similar. When I don't get enough sleep, Rage makes me feel like I'm well rested, but when I'm actually well rested, Rage gets me all jacked up and ready to go.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Living proof that Rage does what it's supposed to.

Bruiser
05-22-11, 7:20 am
Couldn't have said it better myself. Living proof that Rage does what it's supposed to.

I just wish that even if I didn't get enough sleep, when I took my Rage it would get me as jacked as it normally does. That would be something else.

Sphinx
05-22-11, 11:47 am
I just wish that even if I didn't get enough sleep, when I took my Rage it would get me as jacked as it normally does. That would be something else.

That would be great, but no doubt that would be some seriously potent stuff.

I'm taking the weekend off (or whats left of it anyway...) Looking to Monday for a new week to set records.

Sphinx
05-23-11, 2:19 pm
Day 13 on Rage.

Today was back day, I felt really good with today's progress.

Deadlifts - 115x25, 165x17, 210x8, 226x4, 115x15

Bent-over row - 115x20, 135x15, 155x9, 165x7, 115x7

Lat pulldown - 70x20 (over hand), 120x11 (under hand), 120x9 (OH), 140x5 (UH), 140x5 (OH), 70x15 (UH)

Behind-the-back barbell wrist curls - 115x35, 115x35, 165x23, 165x23, 135x17, 135x17

Hanging leg lifts - 10, 6, 2

I am trembling all over as I type this lol. I didn't let up today, I pushed and pushed (or rather pulled...) until I was using the wall as support cause I felt faint. I'm feeling my deadlifts getting up to my PR level. If I had enough plates, I'd be testing my strength more as opposed to pumping out lots of reps. Bent-over rows are the big highlight today since thats the most weight I've done. The hanging leg lifts, for the last set, I got my toes over the bar (the goal is to hang by the toes) but as soon as I did, they quickly slipped and so did my grip. I didn't crash on my back or head, but it was the first attempt of many to come until I can hang like a bat :)

I think I'll go eat more, see if I can get more blood and nutrients rushing through my body to ease the trembling :P It might even be cause of the carbs I downed after my workout, damn sure needed it...

Bruiser
05-24-11, 7:46 am
PWO trembling, hanging from your toes... damn bro. That's some serious Animal activity there.

Sphinx
05-24-11, 9:12 am
PWO trembling, hanging from your toes... damn bro. That's some serious Animal activity there.

Haha! The only way to go about it brother!

Speaking of which... I'm getting fuzzy and warm all over from Rage right now, chest day today... stay tuned.

Sphinx
05-24-11, 12:03 pm
Day 14 on Rage.

Chest day, not my favourite day or muscle group. No matter how much I push and work the chest, I never really feel like I'm doing enough or that I'm making any progress. My numbers speak for that;

Bench press - 135x15, 165x9, 190x2, 115x10

Flys - 20x20, 30x15, 40x7, 30x11

Barbell wrist curls - 115x30, 115x30, 165x15, 165x15, 115x15, 115x15, 115x20, 115x20

Leg lifts - 3x25

The reps came down a bit for my bench press. The only explanation for that is probably because I pushed myself so hard yesterday. Coming off two days rest, Monday's usually end up being the best days as far as progress goes since I'm more recovered then usual, and full of energy. But I still do not like chest days. Chest workouts used to feel like my bicep workouts; flat and going no where. It took some time, but I've come to a point where I know how to workout the biceps so I can get that pump and feeling that I've done something right. With the chest, I hate it because I haven't found that zone like I did with the biceps. Its probably also because I don't have a spotter and can't ever push myself far enough.

Rage gave a good wake up call this morning since I was out late last night. Its been two weeks and I really do like the product and what its been doing for me.

Bruiser
05-25-11, 7:53 am
I hear ya on not having a spotter for chest day. I was supposed to and the guy backed out. So what I do is start with 100-120 lbs on the bar at the flat position. Do 8-10 reps and move up a notch to the next position. I keep doing this until I'm at the full incline position, then work my way back down. I try to not rest other than adjusting the bench. Then when I'm back to flat, I do the same thing with DB flys (all the way up, then back down to flat). Then I do it with DB bench presses. The whole chest workout takes about 20-30 minutes and is just brutal. AND you don't need a spotter. This is something Stone_Ghost had given me the idea for. Of course I had to go and alter it into some sick torture device, but that's what I always do. lol

Sphinx
05-25-11, 12:41 pm
I hear ya on not having a spotter for chest day. I was supposed to and the guy backed out. So what I do is start with 100-120 lbs on the bar at the flat position. Do 8-10 reps and move up a notch to the next position. I keep doing this until I'm at the full incline position, then work my way back down. I try to not rest other than adjusting the bench. Then when I'm back to flat, I do the same thing with DB flys (all the way up, then back down to flat). Then I do it with DB bench presses. The whole chest workout takes about 20-30 minutes and is just brutal. AND you don't need a spotter. This is something Stone_Ghost had given me the idea for. Of course I had to go and alter it into some sick torture device, but that's what I always do. lol

The last time I did incline was the time I got a back spasm cause of it. I haven't done any exercises which involve pushing/pulling weight behind the neck, and incline press because I'm got back spasms from both. Its that uncomfortable sorta tick that suddenly stiffens the neck for a week or so and makes painful to twist the head.

However... I have been thinking about trying incline again for the sake of mixing things up with chest workouts and I think I'll try it for next week with some really light weights. I'll also try your method with minimal rests.

Sphinx
05-25-11, 12:52 pm
Day 15 on Rage.

Leg day today, it didn't go too bad.

Barbell lunges - 95x16
Calf raises - 95x75
Squat - 95x15
(1 superset)

Lunge circuit - I've come up with a way to really make lunges very difficult and painful. It's a simple circuit-type of exercise, I usually keep it to 3 sets of 18 steps. You select 3 progressively increasing weights (Dumbbells or plates) I used 25, 30, and 35. I set up so that I have at least 6 steps in front of myself. At the starting position, you leave your heaviest (35s for me) and second heaviest (30s for me). The lightest weight (25s for me) is left at least 6 lunges to your front. You walk 6 lunges with the heaviest weight, at which point you put down the heavy weight, pick up the lightest one and lunge back 6 times to the medium weight, drop the light, pick up the medium and go back to the heavy ones. I do that circuit 3 times, and by the end of it, I want to cry, scream, and lose all feeling in my legs.

Squat - 115x12, 165x6, 185x4
Barbell calf raises - 115x45, 165x6, 185x4
(Supersets)

This wasn't a heavy workout, legs usually aren't unless I know I'm not working because at work I spend a lot of time standing. I felt a burn and that was all I needed as I know it'll be more stress on the wheels tonight and for the rest of the week.

Sphinx
05-26-11, 5:59 pm
Day 16 on Rage.

Shoulders this morning.

Shoulder press - 45x30, 65x18, 85x12, 95x7, 65x17

Dumbbell front raise - 20x15, 30x10, 30x8

Barbell shrug - 115x40, 135x30, 165x16, 185x20, 115x26

Barbell wrist curl - 115x20, 115x20, 165x10, 165x10, 185x5, 185x5
Bent-over laterals - 30x12, 30x12, 30x12
(super set)

Leg lifts 4x25

My numbers have been maintaining themselves at a new high since I started Rage, no complaints there. My leg lifts I need to make more challenging, I'll probably add on a 10lbs. dumbbell between my feet and lift that to increase resistance.

Bruiser
05-27-11, 9:33 am
I like the lunge circuit. I'm gonna have to steal that for next week,

Sphinx
05-27-11, 9:37 am
I like the lunge circuit. I'm gonna have to steal that for next week,

Go for it! Just remember, keep the weights heavy and the max number of lunges with the heaviest weight should be 6 steps. Mine were so light cause I don't have heavy weights at home unfortunately. At the gym at school I use 40, 50, 60... just writing those numbers made my legs tremble... Have fun brother :)

Hollow
05-27-11, 11:13 am
I like your leg workout Sphinx. I do something very similar as to your Lunge Circuit. I hit Squats first and then follow it up by super setting Lunges. That's a pairing of exercises that will leave your legs burning. I feel your pain.

Sphinx
05-27-11, 11:17 am
I like your leg workout Sphinx. I do something very similar as to your Lunge Circuit. I hit Squats first and then follow it up by super setting Lunges. That's a pairing of exercises that will leave your legs burning. I feel your pain.

There is truly nothing more satisfying than a leg workout that leaves you wobbling and on the verge of regurgitating your last meal. The lunge circuit always brings about that result, that is an absolute iron clad guarantee.

Sphinx
05-27-11, 11:49 am
Day 17 on Rage.

Last workout for the week, arms today.

Barbell drag curls - 45x25, 95x7, 65x13, 45x18

Tricep pull down - 50x18, 60x10, 70x6, 50x13

Reverse preacher curls - 45x20, 55x13, 65x4, 45x12
(EZ bar)

Overhead tricep extension - 45x18, 65x8, 25x25
Hammer preacher curls - 45x20, 65x9, 25x30
(Superset, tricep bar)

Hanging leg lifts - 5, 3, 3
(Foot to ceiling)

During the leg lifts, the arms weren't doing what the brain commanded, I was kinda hanging by my finger tips. The last reps on the heaviest sets, I ended up dropping the weights because the arms gave out. Rage really pulled me through today because I had some trouble sleeping last night.

Sphinx
05-30-11, 8:18 pm
Day 18 on Rage.

Time is just flying, but I must say, despite this being the end of the first summer month, it feels like its been much more than a month :P I guess thats what working late evenings/nights does to ya.

Anyway this was the morning chest workout;

Bench press - 135x10, 165x7, 185x5, 135x13

Flys - 30x13, 30x14, 30x12

Barbell wrist curls - 135x20, 135x20, 155x10, 155x10, 155x20, 155x20, 115x15, 115x15

Push ups - 30

Short, yeah lol, I'm actually going to go now and press out a few more sets. I had to quit early and do some landscaping work. I ended up trimming hedges, raking the trimmings, and then carrying heavy pots for a good 2 hours. That was a bit of a workout in itself.

Bruiser
05-31-11, 5:16 pm
Nice wrist curls bro. damn that's a lot of volume.

Sphinx
05-31-11, 6:11 pm
Nice wrist curls bro. damn that's a lot of volume.

Meeting Wrath and seeing his in person just makes you want to do anything forearm/wrist related. I toss them in almost everyday because out of all the parts on my body, the lower limb of the arm is really lacking. It might be genetics that its just very underdeveloped, but I won't know for sure unless I wrist curl like crazy.

Sphinx
05-31-11, 6:23 pm
Day 19 on Rage.

Legs today.

Squats - 115x15, 165x10, 185x7, 210x4
Calf raises - 115x60, 165x45, 185x30, 210x33
(Super sets)

2 hours of football (No, not the American one, the one known as 'soccer')

Today, the temperature hit around 40 C (100ish F) with the humidity. It was more than a scorcher, it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! When the summer comes around in Canada (for as long as I can remember) the Greater Toronto Area has it last only between mid-May to mid-September, but in that short span it gets very hot. I try to take advantage by mixing up my workouts. The weights always happen, one way or another, the iron gets moved. But for the rest of the day, I'll do something else. Today I spent a solid 2 hours playing one of my favourite sports under the sun. I'll be doing more of it in the days to come. I must have lost 10lbs. in water weight with the amount of sweat that came off me, and the shins have felt and seen better days.

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:30 am
2 hours of football (No, not the American one, the one known as 'soccer')

Wuss... that's not "Real" Football. hahahahaha lol

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:32 am
Just giving ya s*** man. There's no way in hell I could play 2 hours of SOCCER ever ,let alone after leg day. You're insane bro.

Sphinx
06-01-11, 9:05 am
Wuss... that's not "Real" Football. hahahahaha lol

Lol, the clash of cultures ;) I always wanted to play FOOTBALL, but my high school couldn't afford it. I always admired how the game had this explosive strategy the players had to pull off in a matter of seconds.

Just giving ya s*** man. There's no way in hell I could play 2 hours of SOCCER ever ,let alone after leg day. You're insane bro.

I could play futbol all day, there were times many moons ago when I'd do just that until I mixed in school and work. However, since its summer and I just have work, I can enjoy both weight lifting and having fun in the sun.

As for the legs, like I mentioned yesterday... the shins have felt better days lol. I just took my shot of Rage, the warm fuzzy feeling has been slowly passing over me, I'm going to go hit the boulders this morning.

Sphinx
06-02-11, 10:09 am
Day 20 on Rage.

Forgot to post this yesterday, it was all about the shoulders.

Shoulder press - 45x30, 65x20, 85x13, 65x15, 45x20

Upright row - 65x20, 85x13, 95x10, 105x5

Barbell wrist curls - 115x30, 115x30, 165x15, 165x15, 165x10, 165x10

Laterals + front lifts - 30x7, 30x5, 30x3
(This was done as follows; I sat on the bench, I started with a rep of laterals, and when I'd bring the weight back to the side, I'd lift forward right away for a front lift, that totaled one rep)

Hanging leg lifts (Feet to ceiling) - 6, 5 ,4

I am more comfortable with the heavier weight when I do shoulder presses now. I'm always striving for the comfort of moving heavy because I know I'm relatively safe since I train without a spotter, now I can slowly progress to a heavier weight.

Sphinx
06-02-11, 10:14 am
Day 21 on Rage.

Arm day today.

Preacher curls - 45x30, 65x16, 75x9, 45x20

Seated overhead extension - 45x25, 55x15, 65x10, 45x20

Barbell drag curls - 45x25, 65x13, 85x5, 45x16

Barbell wrist curls - 115x30, 115x30, 165x15, 165x15, 165x15, 165x15

Hanging leg lifts - 6, 4, 3

Dips - 25, 17, 15

Just like yesterday with the shoulders, I'm feeling more comfortable with the heavier weight, especially when I do preacher curls. I felt a real good pump today in the arms, so much that they are still trembling lol. I did an underhand grip on my second set of hanging leg lifts, I probably won't do it again as I found my body swinging and that allowed me to use momentum to get my legs up as opposed to actually lifting.

Bruiser
06-02-11, 3:32 pm
You keep doing those wrist curls every day and you'll be giving Wrath a run for his money.

Sphinx
06-03-11, 12:08 pm
You keep doing those wrist curls every day and you'll be giving Wrath a run for his money.

Lol! One of these days ;)

Sphinx
06-03-11, 12:13 pm
Day 22 on Rage.

5 hours of sleep last night... if it wasn't for Rage I still might be in bed. This morning it was all about tearing up the back.

Deadlifts - 115x20, 165x15, 185x15, 210x7, 226x5, 115x10
(The damn tires fell of the barbell on my 226 set...)

Lat pulldown - 70x20, 90x15, 110x7, 70x13

Bent over row - 115x15, 135x13, 155x7, 115x13

Barbell wrist curls - 115x25, 115x25, 115x25, 115x25, 115x15, 115x15

The bent over rows were the major accomplishment for this morning. I took them nice and slow and squeezed the wings at the back as far as I could. In the evening I'll do a few sets of pullups/chin ups for my second workout, and some cardio.

Bruiser
06-03-11, 12:29 pm
Day 22 on Rage.

5 hours of sleep last night... if it wasn't for Rage I still might be in bed. This morning it was all about tearing up the back.

Deadlifts - 115x20, 165x15, 185x15, 210x7, 226x5, 115x10
(The damn tires fell of the barbell on my 226 set...)

Lat pulldown - 70x20, 90x15, 110x7, 70x13

Bent over row - 115x15, 135x13, 155x7, 115x13

Barbell wrist curls - 115x25, 115x25, 115x25, 115x25, 115x15, 115x15

The bent over rows were the major accomplishment for this morning. I took them nice and slow and squeezed the wings at the back as far as I could. In the evening I'll do a few sets of pullups/chin ups for my second workout, and some cardio.

Nice looking back work bro. The lats gotta be spreading out nice for ya. That must be nice because unfortunately I've got wings like a panty liner...

Sphinx
06-03-11, 12:48 pm
Nice looking back work bro. The lats gotta be spreading out nice for ya. That must be nice because unfortunately I've got wings like a panty liner...

Oh it is so nice :) I find it funny when I see guys walking around with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome = they widen their arms as if they have lats which push them out, when really they don't lol) I try to keep mine in cause mine kinda push them out, and I don't like to look like I have lats wider than the average guy.

Haha! :P Come on now Bruiser, thats what the Rage is for! No more panty liner wings for you. You need to make it a PR to get such big lats that you'll need to step sideways into doorways :)

Sphinx
06-06-11, 10:38 am
Day 23 on Rage.

Sometimes I wonder if I take in too many carbs on the weekend... but then I step in the gym Monday morning and set new PRs and find the iron light as a feather :)

Bench press - 115x20, 165x10, 185x5, 115x16

Barbell wrist curls - 115x35, 115x35, 135x25, 135x25, 165x15, 165x15, 115x25, 115x25

Dumbbell flys - 30x12, 30x9, 30x10

Push ups - 30 (wide), 10 (close/diamond), 15 (wide), 6 (close/diamond)
Leg lifts - 30, 10, 15, 6
(This last bit was a superset. I had to match the leg lifts with push ups. Wide means my hands were positioned far out past my shoulders, and close/diamond means my hands were positioned right under my chest with thumbs and index fingers touching. There was no rest between sets, it was one continuous circuit)

Those numbers are higher on my bench press compared to last week. If I had a spotter, I know I could have pushed out a few more reps, but for the sake of being safe, I kept the ego in check. Rage pushed and pushed the whole way through. I sure felt a difference having not taken it over the weekend, compared to taking my shot this morning.

My days are getting a bit shorter as hours at work have increased. My evening workouts are being slowly phased out. I may try squeezing something in in the late afternoon, but I'll see how fatigued I am. I also will be doing very few exercises which put pressure on my knees (work requires I stand for prolonged periods) as I do feel occasional pain and the duration of work is only going to increase.

Sphinx
06-07-11, 11:54 am
Day 24 on Rage.

Biceps and triceps today.

Preacher curls - 45x25, 60x15, 75x8, 45x25

Overhead extension (EZ curl bar) - 45x20, 55x25, 65x7, 45x20

Reverse preacher curls - 45x20, 55x10, 45x10

Skull crushers (Tricep bar) - 45x20, 55x10, 45x15

Dumbbell hammer curls - 30x10, 30x9, 30x8

Dips + leg lifts - 20, 20, 18, 14
(Another superset like yesterdays; the leg lifts had to match the number of dips. I think I'll change it up next time though, double the leg lifts because I know I can do way more.)

This is turning into a prolonged work week. I don't see a day off anytime soon and shifts are increasing which is fantastic. The only thing being affected by this will be my sleep and workouts as I will probably keep off anything that puts pressure on the knees. Rage is definitely there and giving me the motivation every morning to push on and haul the iron.

Bruiser
06-08-11, 9:05 am
You're turning out some serious sessions for how many hours you're putting in at work. Just be sure to not overdo it man.

Sphinx
06-08-11, 12:04 pm
You're turning out some serious sessions for how many hours you're putting in at work. Just be sure to not overdo it man.

Too late :P... I pulled an 11 hour shift this past night/morning. I felt sick yesterday morning and decided to work the extra time anyway. Naturally, I should have listened to my body cause it does a wonderful job of telling me when enough is enough. Now I'm suffering. No workout today, just work. I'll be knocking back coffee to keep me on my feet just enough to get the job done.

Bruiser
06-08-11, 12:16 pm
Sounds like it's time for the Rage Hardcore Style Powder Shot...

Sphinx
06-09-11, 12:35 am
Sounds like it's time for the Rage Hardcore Style Powder Shot...

Lol! Dare I ask what that is?

I just got back from work, I'm a bit better because of some OTC meds I took. I really just need sleep. I'll be hitting the weights tomorrow bright and early.

Sphinx
06-09-11, 12:45 pm
Day 25 on Rage.

Today's workout was short with only one goal; a new PR.

Bench press - 115x15, 165x10, 185x5, 205x1 165x5, 115x15

Reverse pyramid (Push ups and leg lifts) - 10 to 1.
(Basically, I started with 10 push ups, then immediately flipped on my back for 10 leg lifts, and progressed counting downwards with no rest between sets)

Got to get to work for another early shift. I feel better today having got more sleep than usual. I'm real happy about the PR, I've set a new benchmark for myself, it can only go upwards from here on out.

Bruiser
06-10-11, 8:09 am
Lol! Dare I ask what that is?

Dump your Rage powder in your mouth, no water. Hit's you faster than a sledgehammer to the balls.

Sphinx
06-10-11, 8:32 am
Dump your Rage powder in your mouth, no water. Hit's you faster than a sledgehammer to the balls.

Brother, I am so trying that on my next day off work :D

Hollow
06-10-11, 8:34 am
Great work on the bench work Sphinx!

Are you going to make it to the T.O. ABC on the 19th?

Sphinx
06-10-11, 9:16 am
Great work on the bench work Sphinx!

Are you going to make it to the T.O. ABC on the 19th?

You bet I am!

Hollow
06-10-11, 9:18 am
You bet I am!

Excellent! This will definitely be an ABC to remember!

Sphinx
06-11-11, 1:13 pm
Day 26 on Rage.

Yesterday was short but I made it count. I would have done deadlifts or bent over rows had it not been for the nagging pain in my knees as a result of overworking myself these past 2 weeks.

Pullups (overhand) - 8, 6 ,5

Seated row (alternating between close and wide grip)- 70x15, 70x15, 120x12, 120x12, 80x15, 80x15

Lat pulldown - 70x15, 100x12, 120x6

Pullups (underhand) - 5, 4, 4

The pullups were the real challenge for the workout. I squeezed the back trying to get my elbows to touch as I came up to the bar, I'd hold it for a second and slowly come down. Now I can feel it right along the mid and lower back as well as the upper arms.

I'm working the entire weekend, and any time off will be used to rest for the coming week. Hopefully my knees will be better and I'll be able to pull off some deadlifts.

Bruiser
06-12-11, 9:23 am
Your back has got to be coming along nicely. The pullpus will definitely do the trick. Have you tried the Rage Powder Shot yet?

Sphinx
06-13-11, 12:18 am
Your back has got to be coming along nicely. The pullpus will definitely do the trick. Have you tried the Rage Powder Shot yet?

I'm thinking I'll do it at the ABC this coming Sunday after the Toronto Pro :D Give the group a laugh.

Sphinx
06-13-11, 1:51 pm
Day 27 on Rage.

This morning I worked the shoulders, it's been a while since I did any work there and figured that with so much time off them they'd be recovered somewhat.

Shoulder press - 65x15, 85x10, 100x4, 65x17

Seated laterals - 15x17, 30x10, 25x8

Upright row - 65x15, 85x10, 100x8, 65x15

Bent over laterals - 15x15, 25x12, 30x9

Dumbbell shoulder press - 30x13, 30x10, 30x10

Leg lifts - 4x25

New PR for the shoulder press. I've finally hit 100lbs., this is a new benchmark I intend to keep. Its nice to see 3 digits hauled above the head :) My shot of Rage this morning was extra tingly around the ears (beta-alanine at work no doubt). Even though I worked all weekend, I felt well rested after getting lots of sleep last night so it made this mornings workout that much more better.

Sphinx
06-14-11, 9:25 am
Day 28 on Rage.

After the shellacking my knees took due to work last week, I've been very cautious about how I exercise. I've even stopped with my barbell wrist curls because they require I stand and hold the bar behind my back. I will slowly work my way back into exercises that put pressure on the knees, today was the start of that.

(No weights were used for the exercises, it was all bodyweight)

1kms run.

Lunges - 5x10

1kms run.

Squats - 2x10

Single leg squats - 2x15, 2x10

Calf raises (platform) - 1x50

Single leg calf raises (platform) - 1x30

Calf raises (platform) - 1x30

Soil carry (50L) - 75 steps.

This workout was gave a good burn in the legs and there was virtually no pain or irritation in the knees. It's been a while since I've done any running, that also felt really good.

Bruiser
06-15-11, 8:49 am
Congrats on the PR man. I like reading your log because we're about at the same weights for a lot of exercises and it's fun to watch the gains you're making. I haven't hit 100 on the press yet (actually haven't tried yet) but I'll get there. I hope the knees keep improving. Take care of them and get some icebags for em.

Sphinx
06-15-11, 11:05 am
Congrats on the PR man. I like reading your log because we're about at the same weights for a lot of exercises and it's fun to watch the gains you're making. I haven't hit 100 on the press yet (actually haven't tried yet) but I'll get there. I hope the knees keep improving. Take care of them and get some icebags for em.

Thanks a lot, I have no doubt you'll get there.

As for the ice, I'll give it a shot, hell I'll try anything lol. I'm thinking of investing in some knee wraps or braces, especially for work when I end up standing for prolonged periods. I'd like to have some function in the knees by the time I hit 30.

Sphinx
06-15-11, 11:13 am
Day 29 on Rage.

Big headache this morning... I think I know why too, my own fault of course. But, it was a good workout, it in fact eased the headache.

Bench press - 115x15, 165x10, 185x3, 165x6, 115x15

Close grip bench press - 115x10
Wide grip bench press - 115x10

Barbell wrist curls - 115x25, 115x25, 145x15, 145x15, 165x15, 165x15, 115x25, 115x25

Pyramid (push ups and leg lifts) - 1 to 10

Push ups (wide) - 15

Push ups (close/diamond) - 15

I did 85 push ups this morning. That I like, but I'll like it more if I could do them consecutively (or one handed, Rocky style :D) Thats another PR to work at.

Sphinx
06-16-11, 11:28 am
Day 30 on Rage.

If the label on the can is correct, then I have almost 3 weeks (not counting weekends) of Rage left. I took my shot this morning, got all warm and fuzzy and worked biceps and triceps.

Preacher curls - 45x25, 65x12, 75x7, 45x20

Tricep extensions (EZ bar) - 45x20, 55x15, 65x9, 45x19

Reverse preacher curls - 45x17, 55x9, 45x15

Dumbbell curls - 30x8, 30x9, 30x7

Push ups (diamond) - 20, 15, 16

My numbers as far as reps are low compared to last week. Most likely due to the beating I've been putting my shoulders and chest through since the start of the week. I'll probably start next week with the arms after recovering over the weekend.

Bruiser
06-16-11, 11:35 am
What's your split look like now? I found that training arms on Monday gave me a nice pre-exaust for the week. So when it came to back and chest I couldn't use my arms much if I wanted to. Plus the extra work my arms get on those days works like a nice extra training day for each of them. Since I started this spilt I'm seeing some new growth. Here's mine:

Mon - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Tue - Delts/Traps/Calves
Wed - Chest
Thu - Back/Neck
Fri - Quads/Hams/Calves
Sat - OFF
Sun - OFF

Sphinx
06-16-11, 11:48 am
What's your split look like now? I found that training arms on Monday gave me a nice pre-exaust for the week. So when it came to back and chest I couldn't use my arms much if I wanted to. Plus the extra work my arms get on those days works like a nice extra training day for each of them. Since I started this spilt I'm seeing some new growth. Here's mine:

Mon - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Tue - Delts/Traps/Calves
Wed - Chest
Thu - Back/Neck
Fri - Quads/Hams/Calves
Sat - OFF
Sun - OFF

I kind of don't have a split asides from working out Mon-Fri and using weekends as rest, but even then I'll sometimes take a day off during the week if work kills me a bit too much and makeup for it on the weekend. I used to have a split that I'd stick to throughout the year, but I once I began to branch out and try things a bit different, I felt and saw better results.

What I found worked best was a "shifting" sort of routine. Best way to explain it is to look at http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=47 that routine. You basically don't assign a day a certain body part, but you assign days when you do and don't work out. That way your training days shift throughout the week. You may workout Monday this week, but you might not next, and the next Monday you do workout, the body part will be different.

Mine specifically was a 4 day routine; chest, legs, back, arms. I worked out every other day, so I had one full day of rest between workouts. Sometimes I would change the order of the workout when starting a new week, it kept my body guessing.

I plan on going back the routine I mentioned above once I start school again and have access to a better gym and more equipment. Right now work is very sporadic as far as shifts and its kind of getting in the way of working out.

Sphinx
06-17-11, 12:33 pm
Day 31 on Rage.

It feels like I'm using Rage more to get me through work than my actual workouts. I come home pretty late, I can't get enough sleep, and as soon as I'm up, I'm downing Rage. Then I workout and head for work still running on Rage. I say this because work called me in tonight, a little too close to the Toronto Pro expo... but I'll be there :)

This morning was going to be back, but I had to cut it short and adjust it because I'll be standing at work all night probably.

Run - 1kms

Pull ups (overhand) - 6, 6, 5, 5, 3
Pull ups (underhand) - 7, 6, 5, 5, 3
(superset)

Run - 1kms

This may not look like much, but I've never been able to do that many pull ups with sets that total more than 1 rep. I took at least 1 mins between set and kept each set explosive so I could squeeze out as many reps as I could. I had intended to do some light deadlifts and bentover rows, but I got a call to come into work and knew right away that pressure like that on the knees would do me no good.

51 pull ups in one day is a huge PR for me, I can still remember the days where I struggled to do just one... I had to hang of the monkey bars at the park for weeks before I could finally pull my chin over the bar. Anyway, I'm stepping out in a bit to go the Toronto expo and hopefully meet some of the Animal crew there, the weekend looks promising with work and minimal rest :P

Bruiser
06-17-11, 7:20 pm
Great job on the pullups! I can't even remember the last time I attempted to do them let alone actually accomplished it! lol Be proud of those. Not many guys on here can do say they've done that many.

Sphinx
06-20-11, 12:01 pm
Day 32 on Rage.

This morning was chest.

Bench press - 115x25 (widegrip), 165x10, 185x3, 115x20

Dumbbell presses - 30x17, 50x12, 30x20

Leg lifts - 20, 15, 12
Push ups - 25, 16, 12
(super sets)

Short and sweet, but there was a difference in my rest between sets. I normally drag my workout to at least an hour, I give myself enough time between sets to stretch and muster up the strength to give it my best. This morning I had 45 mins. to workout and made minimal rest time. Not to mention the 25 reps at 115lbs. pretty much tore up the chest more than I would have liked and limited my strength for the rest of the workout, but boy did it give me a pump.

On a side note, the leg lifts are not the regular leg lifts done with hands under the lower back. Mine are a bit improvised. I learned these while boxing, and they're best done with a partner. However, I workout alone and have to adjust. These require you to lay down and use your hands to hold onto something around your head. As you lift your legs up, you bring them almost to your chest, bend at the knee, and shoot them upwards. You end up rest on your shoulders as you balance for a second and in a controlled motion bring them back down the way they came. With a partner, you hold onto their ankles, and they use their arms to create a hoop where your legs poke through. I place my hands out on my sides to brace myself as I come up, I still get the same effect.

Sphinx
06-22-11, 1:50 pm
Day 33 on Rage.

Yesterday I had a double shift at work and had no time to workout, I sort of had a rest day minus the exertion at work. Today I hit shoulders.

Shoulder press - 65x15, 85x10, 100x10 65x20

Seated dumbbell shrugs - 30x50, 50x30, 50x30, 50x30

Seated laterals - 30x10, 30x10
Seated bent-over laterals - 30x13, 30x12
(superset)

Dumbbell front lift - 30x7, 30x6, 30x6

I was trembling throughout the whole workout after the 10 reps of 100lbs. on the shoulder press. Last week I did 4 reps at 100, this week was 10, I think its safe to slowly up the weight for next time as I want to push my shoulder press more and more and develop the boulders into looking like the Rockey Mountains.

Rage was really kicking in this morning. I disregard the 30 mins wait prior to working out because my day is a little bit rushed and when I take Rage on an empty stomach, the fuzzy tingling of beta-alanine and the stimulating effect of Rage rushes in much sooner.

I received my order from ProteinJunkie of Universal Supplements within 2 days of ordering. To ALL Animal brothers living in the Great White North, THIS IS YOUR UNIVERSAL/ANIMAL CONNECTION! I ordered on the 20th of June, and woke on the 22nd with the order at my door. bb.com won't give you that kind of service unless you pay with a kidney. PJ has cheaper prices and cheaper shipping than most distributors I've come across that service Canadians.

ProteinJunkie
06-23-11, 11:08 am
I received my order from ProteinJunkie of Universal Supplements within 2 days of ordering. To ALL Animal brothers living in the Great White North, THIS IS YOUR UNIVERSAL/ANIMAL CONNECTION! I ordered on the 20th of June, and woke on the 22nd with the order at my door. bb.com won't give you that kind of service unless you pay with a kidney. PJ has cheaper prices and cheaper shipping than most distributors I've come across that service Canadians.

I’m allowed to charge kidney? Score.

Haha

Thanks Sphinx for the kind words bro. Enjoy.

Sphinx
06-23-11, 12:19 pm
I’m allowed to charge kidney? Score.

Haha

Thanks Sphinx for the kind words bro. Enjoy.

A caveat on the kidneys, I cannot guarantee they be stone free, take at your own risk.

Oh I'm enjoying :) I used the straps for some preacher wrist curls and they worked out very nice.

Sphinx
06-23-11, 12:26 pm
Day 34 on Rage.

Arm day this morning. Having hit all these new PRs in the last week, I figured I chalk up some new numbers for the biceps and triceps.

Preacher curls - 45x15, 65x10, 85x3, 50x17

Skull crusher - 50x20, 60x10, 70x3, 50x15

Preacher dumbbell wrist curls - 30x10, 30x15, 30x15
preacher dumbbell reverse wrist curls - 30x10, 30x15, 30x15
(superset)

Preacher dumbbell curls - 30x6, 30x5

Seated dumbbell curls - 30x8, 30x6

Seated overhead extension (tri bar) - 45x15, 55x10, 65x5, 45x15

My hands are burning and the callouses are all torn up from the grip on the metal bars. This workout was excellent. I've always had trouble with working out the biceps, but from today's numbers, it looks as if I've been doing something right this past year because these numbers are higher than I've ever seen. Next week I'll try some barbell curls and see if I can get triple digit weight.

Bruiser
06-23-11, 2:04 pm
Next week I'll try some barbell curls and see if I can get triple digit weight.

That's on each side right?

Nice arm day bro. That's a hell of a lot of volume. Your pump had to be sick!

Sphinx
06-23-11, 2:17 pm
That's on each side right?

Nice arm day bro. That's a hell of a lot of volume. Your pump had to be sick!

Oh for sure on each side! That and full arm casts and braces too :)

Sphinx
06-24-11, 10:47 am
Day 35 on Rage.

Today was another pull up day as my knees are still in no condition to be able to take the pressure from deadlifts or anything where a mass of weight will bear down on them.

Pull ups (overhand) - 7, 6, 4, 4, 3
Pull ups (underhand) - 6, 6, 4, 4, 3
(superset)

The grand total was 47, less than last week. I guess I can credit the decline in reps because of yesterday's arm workout. It feel like both arms were trampled. I made use of my new Animal lifting straps (Thanks ProteinJunkie!) and coupled with Rage, they helped me get the extra rep in for every set. The last sets I felt my wrists just giving out as I could no longer bring my chin above the bar.

This week has been very good overall, I hit some new PRs burdened myself with wonderful upper body aches which I now must recover from.

Bruiser
06-24-11, 11:03 am
That'd be a lot of pullups even if your arms weren't sore. I gotta start doing them. I've never been able to train my back because of injury, so now with my weight I don't know if I could even get my big ass off the floor. But I figure as I start my cut and start dropping I'll start doing them. It'll be nice because my lat tower on my bench has a s*** ROM and can only hold about 80 lbs before it starts to creak and rock.

You'll definitely have to try those lean backs. It sounds like it's just what you need right now. I was pretty surprised at how well they felt similar to deads without the added stress.

Sphinx
06-27-11, 12:27 pm
Day 36 on Rage.

Today was one of those workouts where I felt flat and hardly moved anything at all. I can only guess that it was due to the messed up sleeping pattern I had experienced over the weekend, and then the rather abrupt wake up this morning.

Bench press - 115x15, 165x8, 190x2, 115x15, 115x13
(last 2 sets were wide grip)

Flys - 30x8, 30x8, 30x9

Preacher wrist curls (front and reverse) 30x10, 10, 30x12, 12, 50x5, 5, 50x5, 5

Push ups - 37

The flys were done very slow and I would hold the dumbbells out to the sides and feel the tearing and stretch across my chest. It was the only thing that really made the workout feel like I actually put forth an effort. I'll probably go back in the evening and toss a few sets in on the bench press, or some more pushups. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sphinx
06-28-11, 11:20 am
Day 37 on Rage.

I don't intend to make this sound like a miserable workout like yesterday, but I sure do wish I had more machines to work the back. The only good thing about lacking equipment is you'll eventually get good in one area but lack in another because of the lack of options. I'm kinda happy I can work on my pullups, but I'd love to work on some inverted rows too.

Pull ups - 8, 6, 5, 4, 4 (over hand)
Pull ups - 7, 5, 5, 4, 4 (under hand)
(super set)

Lean backs (courtesy of Bruiser) - 35x15, 70x15, 100x6

Lat pulldown - 70x15 (wide grip) 70x15 (close grip), 120x5 (wide grip), 120x5 (close grip)

I didn't think I'd have it in me to keep going after 52 (New PR) pull ups, but I really wanted to make up for the lacking workout yesterday. The lean backs I'm a little unsure about if I was doing them the proper way, I'll be consulting Bruiser on that to make sure because they sound like an amazing addition to my setup since I lack other equipment.

Sphinx
06-30-11, 10:59 am
Day 38 on Rage.

Yesterday I took off to partake in a family gathering and event. I also loaded up on carbs for this morning :D

Dumbbell preacher curls - 30x7, 30x9

Tricep pushdowns - 35x15, 50x10, 70x5, 35x15

Preacher curls (EZ bar) - 45x20, 65x12, 75x7

Overhead tricep extensions - 45x21, 65x10, 75x8, 45x17

Barbell curls - 45x15, 65x10, 75x5, 45x14

I really felt the Rage bubbling behind my eyeballs as I pushed and curled all the weight this morning. The pump was definitely there, all my movements were slow and controlled to ensure safety (especially for the overhead extensions). I can't wait to see how much pain I can add on when I do shoulders tomorrow.

Sphinx
07-01-11, 1:26 pm
Day 39 on Rage.

Canada Day today, I was lucky to get it off after my shift for tonight was cancelled yesterday. I can give the knees a well deserved (and needed... BADLY) rest but I hammed the upper body today with shoulder workouts.

Shoulder press - 65x15, 95x10, 105x5 65x12

Front raise - 65x15, 95x10, 115x6, 65x15

Dumbbell front lift - 30x10, 9, 6

Bent-over laterals - 30x14, 12, 8

Dumbbell shoulder press - 30x14, 11, 10

A new PR for the shoulder press this morning. I knew right away I'd hit above 100 when I loaded up 95lbs. and found it lighter than last week. I am very happy with the shoulder improvements ever since I started my can of Rage. I think I'll be able to slowly increase my dumbbell weights as well since I'm doing more reps with 30s than before too.

Bruiser
07-01-11, 1:29 pm
Congrats on the PR man. It always feels good to hit triple digits on a lift. Keep it up and have a good weekend.

Sphinx
07-04-11, 11:15 pm
Day 40 on Rage.

This morning's chest workout started off great. I felt good having had a decent rest on the weekend, the first set on the bench press felt fine, and then I felt something different on the second set. For some reason, something didn't feel right and I felt a slight pain in my back around the shoulder as I lowered the weight on my chest. I racked the weight, and had to adjust because I didn't want to worsen whatever it was. It was too bad, I really felt I could set a new PR today. The rest of the workout was pain free.

Bench press - 115x15, 185x1 (pain...) 155x10, 10, 10 (wide grip)

Dumbbell press (alternating press; right down, left up, right up, left down, etc.) 30x18, 30x19, 50x9

Push ups - This is a circuit I came up with for putting in some variation in my push up workouts. I did this series 3 times. First set; hands are placed at waist level and move outward 2 hand widths, push ups done from that. Second set; hands just outside shoulder width for regular push ups. Third set; hands brought and make diamond shape between pecs. Fourth and last set; hands are brought under forehead in diamond shape. Each set was 5 push ups, the grand total was 60.

Push ups (regular) - 30

Ok, I guess I did hit a new PR today, 90 push ups :)

Sphinx
07-05-11, 10:53 am
Day 41 on Rage.

I tried to break a PR today, but I didn't hit it. I only got to my current record.

Pull ups (overhand) - 6, 6, 6, 4, 4
Pullups (underhand) - 6, 6, 6, 4, 4
(Total 52)

Hanging knee raises - 10, 10, 8

With all the hanging I did today, I feel like I added an inch in length to my arms. They are fully stretched and my fingers are trembling having been hanging literally by the tips on the knee raises. I've been using the Animal lifting straps and they sure are aiding in my effort. I was hoping to get to grand total of 60 today but I think I need a few more weeks in the 50s before I creep up.

Sphinx
07-07-11, 11:58 am
Day 42 on Rage.

This morning's shot of Rage feels like it still has not subsided, I did shoulders this morning, I'll detail the aftershock of Rage below.

Shoulder press - 75x15, 95x9, 105x5, 65x17

Dumbbell front lift - 30x12, 10, 8

Dumbbell wrist curls - 30x15, 15, 15

Dumbbell shoulder press (alternating press; right down, left up, right up, left down, etc.) - 30x12, 13, 11

I gave myself lots of time between rests and very slow movements, not really sure why, may have been to keep the focus strong because I sure felt myself deep in the zone today. After taking my shot of Rage, I felt more fuzziness than ever. It was all over, and it went away momentarily as I began my workout and the blood got pumping. About an hour after working out and eating my first meal of the day, I still felt the tingly feeling all over and can still feel a bit of it right now as I type. I'm guessing this was probably because of my rest day yesterday (didn't take Rage) or perhaps because of the increased rest between sets. I'll try longer rests tomorrow too and see what happens.

Sphinx
07-10-11, 2:30 pm
Day 43 on Rage.

This one is coming a little late as I had a busy weekend. This was Friday's workout, I didn't get to do as much as I wanted because I had limited time.

Dumbbell curls - 30x10, 9, 8

Overhead tricep extension (tricep bar) - 45x15, 55x8, 65x5

Preacher curls (EZ bar) - 55x15, 65x10

Barbell curl - 100x3

Dips - 20, 20, 20

PRs for my barbell curl, finally got triple digits! Problem is I won't be doing that again for some time. I've cut back on all exercises so I do nothing standing because of my knees. That one set of curls reminded me to continue refraining from standing... at least until September where I won't be working as much (work requires prolonged standing)

Bruiser
07-10-11, 5:20 pm
Congrats on the PR bro. Triple digits are always awesome to hit. I hope the knees get better.

Sphinx
07-10-11, 10:58 pm
Congrats on the PR bro. Triple digits are always awesome to hit. I hope the knees get better.

Thanks Bruiser. The knees however may never get better, I'd like to fix them for the future, so that 40 years down the road I can still squat. But the way I'm working now, I think it'll be quite a struggle.

Sphinx
07-12-11, 9:49 am
Day 43 on Rage.

Chest for this morning.

Bench press - 115x10, 165x8, 185x3, 115x15
(wide grip) - 115x15, 115x15

Dumbbell alternating press - 30x22, 50x13, 50x11

Push ups - 30, (alternating - left side down, right side up, right down, left up, etc) 8, 15 (regular)

Not too thrilled with my bench press, it's always the most lagging of the big lifts of mine. I purposely kept the first set to only 10 reps in hopes I could try for 200lbs., but as you can see, I did not make it. The rest wasn't too bad, I feel sore in the chest right now so I know I put some heavy work in. The alternating push ups (one set of 8) was a first for me, they're quite a challenge and I'll be trying them more often because of that.

Took my last shot of Rage, going to workout the back today with lots of pull ups. I'll be back later for my log.

Bruiser
07-12-11, 10:49 am
I'm stuck at just about the same weights as you are bro. I think if I had a spotter I could hit 200 but I don't want to try it without one. So do you think you'll continue using Rage now, or not?

Sphinx
07-12-11, 10:58 am
Day 44 on Rage.

Last day on Rage, the tub is finally empty. Today I focused on the back.

Pull ups (over hand) - 7, 5, 5, (last 2 sets wide grip) 3, 2
Pull ups (under hand) - 7, 5, 5 (last 2 sets wide grip) 3, 2

Hanging knee raises - 8, 6, 4

Total pull ups was 44 for today... lol, I just realized thats quite the coincidence since thats the amount of servings there is in a tub of Rage. I had a rather unpleasant slumber last night, some nightmares of wolves chasing me and waves of water throwing me around, and to top it all off, right at 0730 some construction crew began drilling into the street outside my window... that didn't help considering I got to bed at around 0200. Regardless, I pulled through today and will be making a switch to more wide grip pull ups in the coming week. I wish I could get more knee raises, but the callouses gripping the bar at the end of the workout had completely stripped and my hands slipped faster than I could pull reps off.

Sphinx
07-12-11, 11:01 am
I'm stuck at just about the same weights as you are bro. I think if I had a spotter I could hit 200 but I don't want to try it without one. So do you think you'll continue using Rage now, or not?

A spotter would be a huge help for me too. Thats one reason I can't wait for school to start and to get back to the gym there. I always could count on the professor that ran the fitness program at the college to spot me. Of course, his idea of spotting was to watch me until I was dropping the bar on my neck and my face was turning shades of never-before-seen red :) Not complaining about it, damn sure was effective.

As for continuing Rage, I'll be making a review post about that shortly where I'll go into lots of detail and putting in my own two cents.

Bruiser
07-12-11, 11:03 am
A spotter would be a huge help for me too. Thats one reason I can't wait for school to start and to get back to the gym there. I always could count on the professor that ran the fitness program at the college to spot me. Of course, his idea of spotting was to watch me until I was dropping the bar on my neck and my face was turning shades of never-before-seen red :) Not complaining about it, damn sure was effective.

As for continuing Rage, I'll be making a review post about that shortly where I'll go into lots of detail and putting in my own two cents.

Yeah this is my first week training without Rage. So next week I'll be posting my finaly review and comparison.

Sphinx
07-12-11, 9:17 pm
Rage Review

Around the end of April I entered into one of the many contests that Animal/Universal puts on to the legion of dedicated lifters here on the Forvm. This one was for a tub of Rage, the new pre-workout supplement which had been drawing lots of attention and positive reviews on the Forvm. I was one of the lucky ones to score a tub in hopes of bringing up some PRs on my lifts.

So, we'll start the initial review of what is seen upon getting Rage. I chose the powdered form and received it in the small tubs that Uni-Liver usually comes in (maybe a little smaller than that...) but anyway, its become the standard for most Universal supplements. The only issue (this is probable the only issue with Rage) was that on my last few scoops of Rage, I had to resort to using a spoon to take the powder out because my hand wasn't fitting :P ... lol, I say this for the sake of being fair since everything else have to say is pretty much positive.

Once the tub is open, the next identifiable thing is probably the smell. The smell isn't bad at all, its very much an orange like smell which makes sense since the flavour is Orange Juiced.

The powder is relatively easy to mix, I used the recommended amount of water as instructed A spoon was all I needed to stir up the orange concoction.

Taste, this is the ultimate review point and it scores a favourable pass in my opinion. I enjoyed the citrus flavour, it was a change from the usual chocolate protein powders I've been downing for years. The taste reminded me of the kind of cold syrup I'd take as a kid. I have to say though, I could taste the potency behind the shot, but it didn't bother me.

The effect of Rage is the best part! After about 10 minutes for me, I'd feel the tingling around the ears (thats the beta alanine) sometimes it'd spread to the hands, sometimes it wouldn't. I'd get warm and fuzzy all over too, thankfully I didn't turn red (lol, beta alanine did that to me before :P).

The workout. As advertised on the website "... Not only do you need quick energy to wake you up for the training session, you need to be able to sustain your energy levels throughout the workout..." My workouts were in the morning, usually after a short sleep (I work late into the night and wake upon the rest of the family waking) Rage woke me up and had the adrenaline pumping. Once I took hold of the iron and steel, I was able to focus and keep a momentum going for the entire workout when on Rage.

I've never taken pre-workout supplements, I always thought that I'd end up relying too much on the stimulant effect or perhaps that it was all a cheap sugar rush. After Rage, I have to say I enjoyed it very much and will use it again down the road.

(more to come)

Sphinx
07-12-11, 9:34 pm
(continued)

As for the PRs, I never got the ones I intended to, but I sure got many others along the way. I'll mention the few that I was real happy with and the ones that I think will make the greatest difference in aiding me along the way for their working body parts.

Bent-over rows - 165lbs.
I see this one rocketing up easily once I finish working for the summer and slowly get back into doing workouts where I'll be standing and putting pressure on the knees again.

Shoulder press - 105lbs.
I was so happy to break the 100lbs. mark. In the coming weeks this will be going up as I have made a goal to be pressing 135 by September.

Leg lifts - 82
This was done with my hands under my lower back, legs as straight as I could keep them. They'd go up, and then come just an inch off the ground and then back up again. I pulled off the 82 in one set, I have however stopped doing these as of lately. I have every intention to get back to them only I'll be adding weight to the ends of my feet because they're getting too easy.

Pull ups - 52
This was done in 10 sets (5 over hand, and 5 under hand) I used to be terrible at doing pull ups and hardly could do any at all. The most I was able to get in a set was 8, my goal is to hit 10 and keep it going from there.

There were other PRs I made in smaller exercises, but these four were new benchmarks for myself and the ones I was very happy to surpass. Come September, when I have access once again to more equipment and weights at my school gym, I'll work on my bench, deads, and squats with Rage and get those numbers too.

This pretty much concludes my review of Rage. Thank you Universal for another amazing product, thank you for letting me try it out for free too! I'll hang around this topic for a little while longer to answer any replies before I go back to lurking around and offering advice or help to those who need it.

Bruiser
07-13-11, 9:12 am
Great review! I was part of this promo too and I'm still working on my review and comparisons. Here's a few things I'll be touching on and wondered your opinion on these.

1. Did you find yourself having trouble getting moving on days that you didn't take Rage?
2. Did you ever notice any crash?
3. If you could change anything (other than the tub it comes in) what would it be?
4. Will you continue to use this product "as is" or will you switch flavors and/or switch to packs?

Sphinx
07-13-11, 9:55 am
Great review! I was part of this promo too and I'm still working on my review and comparisons. Here's a few things I'll be touching on and wondered your opinion on these.

1. Did you find yourself having trouble getting moving on days that you didn't take Rage?
2. Did you ever notice any crash?
3. If you could change anything (other than the tub it comes in) what would it be?
4. Will you continue to use this product "as is" or will you switch flavors and/or switch to packs?

1. Yes, but I don't think not taking Rage is the reason. I work late evenings/nights and my hours of sleep are shorter sometimes, this leaves me tired and somewhat in a drowsy state most of my days off and also the days I don't take Rage.

2. None at all. Rage doesn't happen all at once which is something I didn't mention in my review. Most of the time when I take energy drinks to give me a kick while I work, I can feel it begin to work and I can feel it stop working. With Rage, I could only feel the initial tingling sensations, followed by a focus while I workout, and then a mellowing out kind of phase, never a crash.

3. This is a tough one because I don't see too many problems with the product itself. Perhaps a larger container with more servings?

4. I will definitely switch flavours (again, nothing wrong with the orange, but I like to try everything once) for next time should I go with the powder, but I think I'll be trying the packs on my next go.

Bruiser
07-13-11, 10:45 am
The packs are great. It came on a lot slower and I didn't get the tingling as bad. It also seemed to last most of the day which was awesome.

Sphinx
07-14-11, 2:53 pm
The packs are great. It came on a lot slower and I didn't get the tingling as bad. It also seemed to last most of the day which was awesome.

I decided to stick to the powder the first time because I think that the capsules themselves aren't exactly the most healthiest material I'm making my body digest. I'll still try them, but I was happy with the powder.