PDA

View Full Version : Happy Good Friday & Easter

MRmichael.hooker
04-22-11, 7:02 am
Funny how whenever you join the forvm, you just come up with a nifty little name for people to call you, and you plan on reading up on some training and nutrition tips. Then next thing you, all these 'strangers' are now brothers. I hope all you guys & girls have a fantastic holiday weekend & a great Easter. (If you are not a Christian, was NOT trying to offend you and hope you have a great weekend too)

Bruiser
04-22-11, 8:10 am
Back at ya Hook. And to all of you non-christians like me... have a happy Zombie Jesus Day weekend.

MRmichael.hooker
04-22-11, 8:20 am
Back at ya Hook. And to all of you non-christians like me... have a happy Zombie Jesus Day weekend.

i've never heard the zombie jesus day, and one of my friends and i were reading this and we LOVE "zombie jesus day" lol.

Bruiser
04-22-11, 8:31 am
i've never heard the zombie jesus day, and one of my friends and i were reading this and we LOVE "zombie jesus day" lol.

Me, my wife and kids (boys 12 and almost 5) aren't religious at all. I was raised very strict, forced to go to confirmation, etc. So we've given our boys the choice to always learn more about religion and participate if they would like and they've chosen not to so far. It started when my 12 year old (10 or 11 at the time) asked what Easter was all about. Well, as I started describing it, I realized that it sounded like I was describing the begining of a zombie movie. Then I thought about Holy Communion and the whole "This is my body and this is my blood..." thing. So we decided to have fun and celebrate the holiday in a way that shows our famly's personality... and Zombie Jesus Day was born!! He did rise from the dead and was into the whole drinking blood and eating flesh scene... makes you think.

MRmichael.hooker
04-22-11, 8:33 am
There was an episode of Bernie Mac one time where his little nephew was questioning religion, so B.Mac had a priest come over to talk to the child and the little boy asked "if they ate his body & drank his blood, arent they all cannibals?" made me laugh lol

Bruiser
04-22-11, 9:22 am
We celebrate by watching City of Rott (animated zombie movie) and Shaun of the Dead. We were going to have roasted rabbit again (the Easter Bunny was too slow last year... hehehehe) but I couldn't get a hold of one this year. So I guess the two 8 lb hams will have to do.

Cellardweller
04-22-11, 9:23 am

I was raised Catholic and I think that is hilarious. I know that would offend alot of people, but you have to have a sense of humor. Have a great Easter and weekend everyone.

MRmichael.hooker
04-22-11, 11:55 am
I was raised Catholic and I think that is hilarious. I know that would offend alot of people, but you have to have a sense of humor. Have a great Easter and weekend everyone.

actually, x 2 on every bit of that

N. Motta
04-22-11, 11:59 am
As long as you don't mind me celebrating Festivus, I'm down with some new holidays.

BigAnt
04-23-11, 1:11 am
Funny how whenever you join the forvm, you just come up with a nifty little name for people to call you, and you plan on reading up on some training and nutrition tips. Then next thing you, all these 'strangers' are now brothers. I hope all you guys & girls have a fantastic holiday weekend & a great Easter. (If you are not a Christian, was NOT trying to offend you and hope you have a great weekend too)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Same to you and your family!