PDA

View Full Version : Sick after Leg Day

BarbellManiac
04-28-11, 12:46 pm
I hit legs pretty hard yesterday, woke up today with a sore throat and stuffed nose. I'm thinking my CNS was stressed causing me to catch a cold easily. Is this related to yesterday's workout or just a co-incidence?

Phil800101
04-28-11, 2:26 pm
Probably a coincidence. Especially since cold symptoms normally appear days after initial infection, at least as far as I understand. You probably had the cold going into the workout, and just weren't symptomatic yet. That being said, I don't think the workout made things worse or made the symptoms appear or anything. One workout isn't going to stress the CNS enough to make you get sick.

You're in Illinois, right? Could be the weather. My sinuses get all fucked up when the weather bounces up and down like it has been, oftentimes resulting in a stuffy nose and/or sore throat. Especially when the temperature drops. A bit of allergies with that too in my case, no doubt the spores and shit are through the roof with all this moisture. Anyway, just a thought.

BarbellManiac
04-28-11, 9:49 pm
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I hate chicago weather. Gonna take a rest day and hit it hard tomorrow.

Phil800101
04-28-11, 10:22 pm
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I hate chicago weather. Gonna take a rest day and hit it hard tomorrow.

Sounds like a plan.

I hear ya there, normally I don't bitch about the weather, but lately it has been pure bullshit!

BarbellManiac
04-28-11, 11:53 pm
Sounds like a plan.

I hear ya there, normally I don't bitch about the weather, but lately it has been pure bullshit!

no kidding, in the winter you have to warm up for almost 20 minutes or you'll tear something.

BarbellManiac
04-29-11, 10:12 am
Well I have a fever with some fucked up cough today. *sigh* I think I have the flu or something, the fever is very low (almost non-existent) but the cough is bad. What do you guys recommend I do? Eat my regular diet? Probably training in the evening if I get better, otherwise tomorrow.

Appollonian
04-29-11, 10:16 am
I had the flu the first time in my life last Jan over my birthday weekend... no fun. You don't have to have a high grade fever to have the flu. All I could eat was chicken and/or beef soup, oatmeal, and protein powder for 2 days. If you think you have the flu and can see a doctor, I would. Otherwise rest up until you feel good.

ToSo
04-29-11, 10:17 am
Well I have a fever with some fucked up cough today. *sigh* I think I have the flu or something, the fever is very low (almost non-existent) but the cough is bad. What do you guys recommend I do? Eat my regular diet? Probably training in the evening if I get better, otherwise tomorrow.

Rest, rest, and more rest. I would let the body rest and recover. Training later on in the day,even though your feeling a little bit better might ultimately put you back a few more days, I would take a couple days off.

BarbellManiac
04-29-11, 10:30 am
Yeah it's around 100 right now, won't train today.

Phil800101
04-29-11, 1:17 pm
Rest, rest, and more rest. I would let the body rest and recover. Training later on in the day,even though your feeling a little bit better might ultimately put you back a few more days, I would take a couple days off.

Agreed.

BarbellManiac
04-29-11, 1:19 pm
What about tomorrow? I already took 2 days off (including today), if I recover completely tomorrow, should I hit it?

Phil800101
04-29-11, 1:25 pm
What about tomorrow? I already took 2 days off (including today), if I recover completely tomorrow, should I hit it?

If you've completely recovered, then I would say yes. If you're still feeling sick at all, I would rest.

BarbellManiac
04-29-11, 1:27 pm
If you've completely recovered, then I would say yes. If you're still feeling sick at all, I would rest.

Cool thanks Phil! Now off to drink my protein shake and watch some Rush hour :)

BarbellManiac
04-29-11, 1:28 pm

Cool thanks Phil, Now off to drink my protein shake and watch rush hour :)