PDA

View Full Version : Bringin' out the Animal in me!!

boosy boo
05-01-11, 8:40 pm
Well, its now officially twenty weeks until my first bodybuilding competition, and so i thought i would attempt to log my journey down the yelow brick road here.

A little about me, I am a 35yo female from Australia. I have been into fitness for quite sometime, and sat back and watched bodybuilding from the sidelines, always saying "one day....". But I had every excuse under the sun to stop myself from fully committing. After a 12 week 'body transformation challenge' at my old gym last year, I realised that it was now or never and i really really REALLY wanted to try and compete, even if just once......

I am in relatively good shape, got some muscle and definition but carry alot of weight (well i think its alot, but considering i'm a size 10 everyone says i'm not fat hahaha), around my mid section - it bugs the hell outta me cos i hate how it looks. I've always found shifting fat hard, and the more weight i have lost, the harder and more frustrating it gets!! lol So of all the parts of competition prep, leaning up will be the hardest for me....

I changed gyms a few months back to train with a great guy who is a seasoned competitor. After training on my own for so long, its nice to have someone to push me harder each time we train. Its also a good incentive to train with the 'big boys' - it helps me to push myself too so I can feel like I am holding my own with them :) I love training, and I miss it on my days 'off'... I'm a cardio freak, so its often hard to control my urge to hit that cross trainer!!

So after a build up over the last few months, here I am - 20 weeks out from my first competition. I'm excited, nervous, tired, hungry, but determined, all rolled into one. I was going to enter the Novice Figure category, but I personally felt better suited to Physique (I have a big frame, large shoulders and a nice amount of muscle for a chic, well so i think anyway hahahaha). Others have agreed so its official that I will enter the Womens Open Physique - a little daunting as I wont be up against novices, but I'm just not "girlie' enuff for the Figure section lol My bikinis have been picked out and are being made; posing lessons are well underway, and the diet has been tweaked.

20 weeks are gonna fly by, so hopefully my Journey will be a nice record to look back on when its all over. Hopefully my ramblings wont be too strange or boring, and i'm always happy to hear from others - advice, encouragement and support is always welcomed :)

Looking forward to bringing out the Animal in me - I am Woman, hear me ROAR!!!!!!!

BryanSmash!
05-01-11, 8:44 pm
The awesome name and dodgeball reference hooked me. Im in!

boosy boo
05-01-11, 8:46 pm
hahah thanks!!! I'm addictive!!!!

deanna7272
05-01-11, 8:47 pm
Will be along for the ride!!! Can't wait to hear how things go for you!!! I'm the same as far as holding my weight in my belly (even after 3 shows, one losing 60+ pounds,) I STILL have belly fat...lol

Best of luck!!!

boosy boo
05-01-11, 9:06 pm
thanks deanna - over the years i have lost 25 kilos... and still got that belly blubber hahahaha not alot but enough to piss me off!!! am hoping that contest prep will banish that.

The upside is it keeps me motivated to get thru my cardio sessions! :)

deanna7272
05-02-11, 11:33 pm
thanks deanna - over the years i have lost 25 kilos... and still got that belly blubber hahahaha not alot but enough to piss me off!!! am hoping that contest prep will banish that.

The upside is it keeps me motivated to get thru my cardio sessions! :)

Congrats on your weight loss... and Oh, it absolutely will fuekl you, especially once you see a "little" change!!! My "area" is basically a genetic thing (or that's what I am blaming it on...lol) It's a little figure 8 "pillow" over my "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE" abs...lol

Big Mac
05-03-11, 1:00 pm
Subbed for this ride! 20 weeks out? Best of luck! You def have alot of support here.