PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing VinnyG

BigAnt
05-03-11, 11:57 pm
I have known VinnyG for a long time....We do speak to each other about twice weekly through texts, e-mails, phone calls, Facebook and of course the Animal and Universal forums. We talk bodybuilding, but we also have many things in common; raised in an Italian/Catholic family, offered professional status with PDI Incorporated (Wayne DelMila's Pro Bodybuilding sanction), torn biceps muscle, competing since the 80's, took time off from bodybuilding and the most obvious both on the Animal-Universal Forums. After last November's IFBB Sacramento Pro 202 show, we also went into more detail stuff....

Now the old Vinny would have progress pictures up an various bodybuilding sites, soon as he dieted he was in striking condition to compete. I mean he would just drop his water, throw on ProTan and he was stage ready, but this would be in week 6 of his 12-14 week prep...Fast forward to his prep for the 2011 season. No pictures, no progress notes, no nothing, like he is invisible. However, we just spoke today on the phone and he is in great spirits and will show us a new VinnyG physique. I will let Vinny elaborate on more on this at a future time. His training is very different and today while trainign legs he could barley hold off from throwing up..now that is intense! Also he is dieting a bit different as well. I saw the pictures of Vinny at the UBC at Gregg Long's Gym last month and also the pictures of him guess posing several weeks ago at the NPC NJ Suburban. Sure he still has the classic Frank Zane symmetry, his muscles where very, cut, separated, hard and vascular as well. The posing which he masters is top notch (as always) But I noticed a difference...He is much bigger and fuller this close to a show. And still has that crazy conditioning he always carried this far out from a show!

Vinny will be guess posing again at the Jason Artz NPC Jersey Shore in Brick, NJ on 5/21/11. I will again talk to him. Animal's own Mike D (Punisher) will be competing in his first bodybuilding show that day. I will be helping him the entire day-night. We are trying to set up a time so we can both train together. Either at my home-basement gym, the gym he trains at in NJ or his own personal training studio The Training Station. I will be sure to go into every detail of the workout as well. "The day with VinnyG"

Looking forward to seeing him guess pose in person and find out when we both can train together.

Shark52
05-04-11, 12:55 am
ill be at the show in brick. Cant wait to see Vinny!!!

Hollow
05-04-11, 9:37 am
Thanks for the update BigAnt. Sounds like Vinny will be hitting the Toronto show much larger.

naturalguy
05-04-11, 10:19 am
Very cool, I know Vinny is putting his all into this prep. Thanks for the insight Ant and I look forward to the details and pics from your training session.

C.Coronato
05-04-11, 10:58 am
Ill be there as well, but it is May 14th, not the 21st! The 21st is the NPC Mid Atlantic!

BigAnt
05-04-11, 12:42 pm
Ill be there as well, but it is May 14th, not the 21st! The 21st is the NPC Mid Atlantic!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coronato...thanks for the correction! Ur right, NPC Jersey Shore is 5-14-11. NPC Mid Atlantic (Scals show) is 5-21-11

BigAnt
05-04-11, 12:52 pm
Very cool, I know Vinny is putting his all into this prep. Thanks for the insight Ant and I look forward to the details and pics from your training session.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You and I know how serious Vinny is about bodybuilding, but for this show...I have never seen him as motivated, the hungriest he has ever been...

C.Coronato
05-04-11, 12:58 pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coronato...thanks for the correction! Ur right, NPC Jersey Shore is 5-14-11. NPC Mid Atlantic (Scals show) is 5-21-11

Looks like ill see you at the next three weekends my brother! Aggression and myself train very close to where the Jersey Shore show is, if you would like to train. Kent Bierly, IFPA Natural Pro and NPC National Competitor is the owner, not sure if you know im or not, but he is very open and accepting of us and our lifestyle.

kc campbell
05-04-11, 1:04 pm
I know Mr.Dead has posted a few pics from Vinny in the Toronto Pro 2011 thread. Another was added today...

BigAnt
05-04-11, 5:09 pm
Looks like ill see you at the next three weekends my brother! Aggression and myself train very close to where the Jersey Shore show is, if you would like to train. Kent Bierly, IFPA Natural Pro and NPC National Competitor is the owner, not sure if you know im or not, but he is very open and accepting of us and our lifestyle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kent is good people! I judged him when he got his Natural Pro Card...We are friends!

Looking forward to seeing you the next three weekends!