PDA

View Full Version : I am using the EARTHQUAKE BAR

Tiny1102
05-05-11, 9:36 am
I got the bar a few weeks ago. I want to get some feedback from those who have used it. How many reps and sets do you do? How heavy do you really go?

C.Coronato
05-05-11, 9:39 am
What exactly is the earthquake bar my man?

P Diesel
05-05-11, 4:34 pm
yea im with C...explain and maybe i can give u sum insight

Back To Basics
05-05-11, 7:03 pm
x3

Tiny1102
05-05-11, 7:09 pm
It is a bar made of bamboo and it will shake the crap out of you. Really, it is great for building muscles in your back, shoulders, and arms. If you have issues with keeping the bar stable, then this is what you need.

What exactly is the earthquake bar my man?

Back To Basics
05-05-11, 9:09 pm
It is a bar made of bamboo and it will shake the crap out of you. Really, it is great for building muscles in your back, shoulders, and arms. If you have issues with keeping the bar stable, then this is what you need.

Ohh so it's a bamboo bar, I see now why it's called the "Earthquake" bar because it'll shake the hell out of you.

P Diesel
05-05-11, 10:15 pm
oh aight bro...im with u now. kinda like benching or squatting on a vibrating platform. i feel u, is it a fat bar or a standard with as far as grip? i feel like that would give u crazy grip strength, would be sick for strongman training. i have an axel myself, smooth no grip...its a muther fucker

Tiny1102
05-06-11, 12:15 am
Yes

Ohh so it's a bamboo bar, I see now why it's called the "Earthquake" bar because it'll shake the hell out of you.

adidas
05-09-11, 11:21 am
link?

G Diesel
05-09-11, 12:10 pm
Skiba, Tek and the boys swear by it... They are incredibly difficult to control at first, but no doubt strengthen your stabilizers like none other.

Peace, G

Tiny1102
05-09-11, 12:12 pm
I am enjoying it so far

Skiba, Tek and the boys swear by it... They are incredibly difficult to control at first, but no doubt strengthen your stabilizers like none other.

Peace, G

naturalguy
05-09-11, 12:42 pm
I've tried it. It's tough but very good

MR.TeachFreak
05-09-11, 1:40 pm
Any idea where you can get one of these? And prices? I am going to diversify my training this summer and this is something that I think can help out. And with the gym I am at they will let me store it there in exchange for letting other members use it.

Tiny1102
05-10-11, 10:14 am
Westside barbell. Not sure on the price, but make sure you have a spotter.

Any idea where you can get one of these? And prices? I am going to diversify my training this summer and this is something that I think can help out. And with the gym I am at they will let me store it there in exchange for letting other members use it.

MR.TeachFreak
05-10-11, 3:10 pm
Westside barbell. Not sure on the price, but make sure you have a spotter.

Thanks. I looked on their website and there wasn't one like was described. Is is known as a different name? I looked under specialty bars and commercial line but nothing showed up.

Nix0r
05-10-11, 3:12 pm
Thanks. I looked on their website and there wasn't one like was described. Is is known as a different name? I looked under specialty bars and commercial line but nothing showed up.

It's called the Bandbell Bar on Westside's site.

Madcat
05-10-11, 3:22 pm
Columbus Ohio, West Side Barbell, OR Call Metro Fitness in Worthington and ask to talk to the manager. I believe the guy who developed it works out there. He was in the cage Sunday with one and works out when we do.

I commented in the other post when this was first posted, etc.

Tiny1102
05-10-11, 6:36 pm
Thank you Madcat

Columbus Ohio, West Side Barbell, OR Call Metro Fitness in Worthington and ask to talk to the manager. I believe the guy who developed it works out there. He was in the cage Sunday with one and works out when we do.

MR.TeachFreak
05-11-11, 8:24 am
It's called the Bandbell Bar on Westside's site.

Thank you. I found it and it is going to be out of my price range.

I plan on getting most of my materials from scrapyards to make sleds, yoke, chains, etc. since we have a army and air force base here I know I can get most of what I need. Maybe if I save enough money I will get one. It looks like it would be a awesome piece of equipment.

Tiny1102
05-11-11, 10:43 am
It is worth the money. Nothing else like it.

Thank you. I found it and it is going to be out of my price range.

I plan on getting most of my materials from scrapyards to make sleds, yoke, chains, etc. since we have a army and air force base here I know I can get most of what I need. Maybe if I save enough money I will get one. It looks like it would be a awesome piece of equipment.

MR.TeachFreak
05-11-11, 10:53 am
It is worth the money. Nothing else like it.

I will get it eventually but as a teacher I really have to watch what I get and for the price I can get a couple of pieces of equipment made. What I think I am going to do is save up over the summer for this and a few other ones. It just is not cost effective right now since I can go get some chains from a scrapyard and some metal to take to a fabricator for cheap (think junk yard sleds, big tires, yokes, farmers walk, etc.).

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:17 am
I will get it eventually but as a teacher I really have to watch what I get and for the price I can get a couple of pieces of equipment made. What I think I am going to do is save up over the summer for this and a few other ones. It just is not cost effective right now since I can go get some chains from a scrapyard and some metal to take to a fabricator for cheap (think junk yard sleds, big tires, yokes, farmers walk, etc.).

I hope your getting for you and not the kids. If you want the kids to use then, make sure you spot them closely. Things can go bad very fast.