PDA

View Full Version : Dieting down

Abelli
05-09-11, 8:43 pm
Been dieting down for a little while probably like 2 months, its been good so far went from 210 to 200. Now its just fluctuating from 200-205 with water weight. And i've been in a rut for the past 2 weeks. Weights stayed the same and my energy levels differ from day to day. Right now i'm trying to get down to about 185 for boot camp and bud/s. Still have a while before i ship out since i'm still a senior in high school and about to graduate june 3rd. But my diet number right now are 300g pro, carbs differ depending on the training for the day. usually low carb is 120 mid is 150 high is 180 then i do a reefed once a week which is just up the carbs to 60 in all 5 meals. cheat meal every other weekend. Fats are low, no added fats what so ever besides just 2 omega pills. I do endurance training out the ass for my prep for bud/s. Run and swim 5-6 times a week. Swim 1+ miles a time, run is sprinting and distance some days some days just distance. Push ups, pull ups, sit ups every day. Weights right now are 2 times a week, only a few sets and like 5-6 exersizes. Used to live in the weight room now i live in the water and muscle doesn't float. So i have enough muscle on me as it is. Just trying to get as lean as possible and keep my strength and get my endurance up. Any diet help would be be great, my cal intake is between 2100 and 2450 a day depending on the carbs. Some days i'm staving and it feels like i should eat more some days it doesnt, so i'm just all over the place. Sorry for all the info at once guy's. Thanks for the time. Abello.

Jay
05-09-11, 11:48 pm
Buds! Awesome. Good luck and keep us updated how it goes. Seems like your on track - cardio is key for that kinda thing.

MRmichael.hooker
05-10-11, 6:14 am
For that last little bit of weightloss before boot, you could always try keto dieting or/and hiit cardio. Also, I would definently add in some fats, especially if you run keto. Not trying to gain muscle mass, but im guessing you'd like to preserve the muscle you have earned. If keto isn't quite your thing, you could always just lower your daily calories until you start dropping again. I mean, you're not looking to compete, just a target weight before you leave (which branch?).

PORTERHOUSE
05-10-11, 6:54 am
you may want to up your carbs a bit... that amount of cardio paired with a small diet is ultimately murder on the metabolism, which is probably why you're seeing you're weight loss beginning to stagnate.

I wouldn't do something like keto, if you're going to be eating carbs during training you should be eating them now. No need to switch things around, keto is a bodybuilding technique, but you are dieting for the military and should be focused on preparing for that.

If you really want to prepare, you should find out the basic diet you will be on while you're there and switch over to that so it's not such a shock to your system... but keep the cheat meals in so you'll have something to miss while your gone... you may want to start doing them every weekend instead of every other, for the metabolism boost... just a though.

good luck.

MRmichael.hooker
05-10-11, 7:09 am
you may want to up your carbs a bit... that amount of cardio paired with a small diet is ultimately murder on the metabolism, which is probably why you're seeing you're weight loss beginning to stagnate.

I wouldn't do something like keto, if you're going to be eating carbs during training you should be eating them now. No need to switch things around, keto is a bodybuilding technique, but you are dieting for the military and should be focused on preparing for that.

If you really want to prepare, you should find out the basic diet you will be on while you're there and switch over to that so it's not such a shock to your system... but keep the cheat meals in so you'll have something to miss while your gone... you may want to start doing them every weekend instead of every other, for the metabolism boost... just a though.

good luck.

Keto is acutally used alot in the military to get guys who are failing height/weight closer to passing. And used at leadership academys for same purpose. It is more than just a bodybuilding technique. It is just a quick way to cut down weight and some fat. The only 1 time I actually went into ketosis, I dropped 17lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. Not saying keto is the only way, im a personal fan more of just gradually lowering cals & throwing in the cheat meal like you stated, for metabolism purposes, but keto helps all sorts of dieters, not just bodybuilders. My wife used keto after the baby and now weighs less than before she was pregnant. It was just some food for thought, no pun intended lol

PORTERHOUSE
05-10-11, 7:16 am
Im not speaking against keto, I'm one of the few people on here that actually like keto, I've run it myself in the past. My point was that unless he's going to be on it while he's there, he probably shouldn't do it now, and it doesn't sound like he's going to end up in the fat platoon.

Im actually surprised the military would use keto in way... it is definitely a quick way to drop bf%, but the general consensus of a keto diet is that it doesn't support intense cardio and causes muscle wasting.

Abelli
05-10-11, 4:34 pm
Thanks for all the feedback guys, i really appreciate it. I've tried keto before and no way in hell i'll do it again. " Low " carbs and me do not go hand in hand at all. And my bf right now is already really semi low. if i had to guestimate i'd say like a 10 or a 9. But i know if i cut my carbs to much that i won't have the fuel to go through all the workouts cause they are really long and use up allot of energy. But my metabolism is still cranking cause i'm hungry all the time. And i'm worried if i add some fat in that i'll just be putting in to many calories to drop the weight. But by all means i'm not afraid of fats or more carbs, i love me some pb and oil's. But once again thanks for the feedback, i'll keep experimenting and see what happens and what works. Also i'll try and keep you guys posted as much as i can if you'd like. Gonna go train today actually, doing a mile swim, 18 laps side stroke 9 laps free style.Gym is 5 s of pull ups till failure, 10 sets of 30 for push ups, 5 sets of 30 for sit ups on a step decline with a 12 lb medicine ball. 4 sets of 50 for flutter kicks. Lat pull down 180 on the machine for 15 for 3 sets. standing shoulder press 135 for 15-20. Dip machine since normal dips kill my left rotator cuff. Then One set of 225 on deads for 20-25. Then 2-3 sets of pull ups and pushups again. Hit a mile warm up run, then sprinted four 1/4 miles then did a cool down mile.

Abelli
08-21-11, 12:00 pm
Haven't been on in a while, training and working all the time. Training has been going pretty good, i'm at a solid 198-200 lbs now. Still need to get in better shape, you can always be better. period. But my ship date isn't till the end of january 2012 so i have a while to get my ass in top shape for bud/s. Do any of you guys know when is the next time animal pak milt. edition will be on bb.com or something cause i really want that green animal shirt!!!!! But i'm gonna train today at around 2 so i'll get back on and share what i did. And to all the men/women that are serving right now, thank you, no one ever ask's to be a hero. It just so happens to turn up that way.

Abelli
08-22-11, 9:34 am
i got called into work yesterday during my pre w/o meal. Needles to say i wasn't to happy but what are you gonna do, stuff happens. So i'll post what i do today.

Abelli
08-22-11, 9:37 am

good luck.

I know at bud/s you eat 3 times a day, and during hell week you get 4 meals. Majority of it carb friendly and much more then you can eat ( yea right, i'm a 19 year old guy ). But they give you that many carbs because you burn that many calories, some days plus 20,000 . And no, thats no b.s.

Back To Basics
08-22-11, 5:50 pm
I know at bud/s you eat 3 times a day, and during hell week you get 4 meals. Majority of it carb friendly and much more then you can eat ( yea right, i'm a 19 year old guy ). But they give you that many carbs because you burn that many calories, some days plus 20,000 . And no, thats no b.s.

I believe you about the calories dude, I was watching that wood loggers show and they mentioned how in the olden days they didn't have any machinery they would cut trees down with those double ended saws... They went on to mention to be able to have enough energy they would get 8000 calorie meals !!! DAMN.