PDA

View Full Version : Wrath Walks Among Us

Pages : [1] 2 3

G Diesel
05-10-11, 4:52 pm
Fucking pumped to finally, after long last, welcome one of Animal's icons to the FORVM... Ladies and gents, Frank "Wrath" McGrath is now in the building.

After The Journey (http://animalpak.com/journey/) and becoming something of a bodybuilding cult figure, my boy Raw McGraw has been through hell and back, rising from the ashes and getting ready to again take the stage and reclaim his rightful spot in the sport.

He's one of the funniest most laid back characters I know and also one of the hardest training, bodybuilding junkies I've ever met. I've learned from the dude, been inspired by the dude, trained to the edge with the dude and laughed until I cried with the dude. And this is your chance to do the same.

So much more to be said, so better I let Wrath say it for himself.

If you have any questions, comments, stories or feedback, feel free to fire away. I'll be sure to hang out here too, as I know this will be a place of much activity and many good times.

Enough of my bullshit... This thread is dedicated to the man himself...

Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-10-11, 4:53 pm
First. What are ur plans for competitions in the upcoming months and why do ya compete?

Mr. Dead
05-10-11, 4:54 pm
First.

2nd...

C.Coronato
05-10-11, 5:01 pm
Ive had the pleasure of talking with Frank at multiple venues. The dude has been in the game for some time now, and has so much raw uncut knowledge. Looking forward to it brotha.

I know i have personally talked to you about this, but when did you really get into bodybuilding? And what kept you coming back for more?

Welcome.

naturalguy
05-10-11, 5:04 pm
This is a big day.

First question - How do I get veins like that?

DetroitMuscle
05-10-11, 5:08 pm
Frank...

Do you workout?

Also, do you need a roomate/workout partner? I will move to Toronto.

LOL JK bro, good to see you here. I was just thinking about the guy with the half beard at the Arnold that drew the picture of you and then asked if he could move to Toronto and live with you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Peace broski- Rob

Big D
05-10-11, 5:15 pm
whats going to happen when i get colored contacts??? youre not gunna get any ladies anymore...

sorry brotha hahah

Cranky
05-10-11, 5:22 pm
Hey Wrath,I know your gonna get bombarded with forearm questions,as you have the sickest yarned-up meathooks ive ever seen.But I need your opinion on forearm training.
Do you believe that you can overtrain a heavy use bodypart like forearms and calves?Ive been adding decent size and vascularity training forearms 2-3 times a week.Am I heading for disaster?
Second,whats your opinion on those hand grips that you squeeze for grip strength.Hype or real deal?

Razor
05-10-11, 5:23 pm
Welcome big bro! Finally had the opportunity to meet ya at the Cage bro, huge props on you coming back after that setback bro. Inspirational shit my man. Looking forward to this!!

Captain Caveman
05-10-11, 5:26 pm
Hmmm... Interesting. Bound to be an interesting thread! I'm along for the ride

The House
05-10-11, 5:27 pm
All I want to know is when are we going to eat some fluff again together.

DANO
05-10-11, 5:31 pm
In for this....

The_Genius
05-10-11, 5:35 pm
fuck me running....... the Wrath is here

mritter3
05-10-11, 5:43 pm
Frank its an absolute honor to have you in here, the "journey," still motivates my ass to this day..its what drew me in and got me hooked to Animal to begin with, for that Im grateful..how many days a week do u train and do u stick to only hitting a bodypart once a week?

Matt

mass3011
05-10-11, 5:48 pm
This dude is who inspires me, i woul dlike to know what his supp stack offseason looks like along with diet?

Cascade
05-10-11, 5:51 pm
Is it pronounced McGraw or McGrath. I want to here it from the source, haha. Awesome to have you around man. You've been a big inspiration in my training, from when I started years ago to today.

kc campbell
05-10-11, 5:52 pm

All I want to know is when you two and Ox will compete against each other!

RhinoJoe
05-10-11, 6:07 pm
Cool. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

Vinny G
05-10-11, 6:40 pm
I'll see you in 5 weeks brother....

Sprint
05-10-11, 6:48 pm
In for this. Frank's Journey brought me here to begin with, & I still read it to this day.

Can't wait for the ABC in Birmingham.

Tron
05-10-11, 6:52 pm
I just want to say it was a pleasure hearing about your recent struggles and how you have overcome them. I know that had to be tough but you honored us with the experience. I wish you nothing but the best, Frank.

God Bless.

willah
05-10-11, 7:21 pm
I'm just here to watch the thread..

Frank if there is an ABC in Toronto in June, I hope to see you there man.

Loomis
05-10-11, 7:51 pm
Im in the same boat, it was frank that lead me to this brotherhood. Looking forward to his words of wisdom.

J-Dawg
05-10-11, 8:44 pm
Great to have Wrath on board here at the FORVM. Definitely will be checking in to see your words of wisdom big guy.

G Diesel
05-10-11, 8:58 pm
Frank...

Do you workout?

LOL JK bro, good to see you here. I was just thinking about the guy with the half beard at the Arnold that drew the picture of you and then asked if he could move to Toronto and live with you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Peace broski- Rob

whats going to happen when i get colored contacts??? youre not gunna get any ladies anymore...

sorry brotha hahah

Raw McGraw brings out all the freaks. Haha.

I'm with House... When we eating some fluff?

Peace, G

TheGreatWhite
05-10-11, 9:27 pm
In for this. Frank's Journey brought me here to begin with, & I still read it to this day.

Can't wait for the ABC in Birmingham.

Ditto. Frank's one bad mother for sure...I'm definitely in for this!

BarbellManiac
05-10-11, 9:32 pm
Frank is what got me started into joining this website. Welcome to Forvm

Phil800101
05-10-11, 9:37 pm
Holy shit, this is a big day indeed. Looking forward to seeing you on here Frank, welcome aboard!

sorry brotha hahah

Ha!

Wrath
05-10-11, 10:25 pm
Its been long over due but finally Wrath has made it to the FORVM.... wanna say thanks to my boy G he has been my side form the begining, and i know he will be there to the end. When i was at my lowest this guy was picking my ass up...

Im here to shoot the shit with you guys, and answer your questions. So fire away...

This is a new begining for me, and i hope you all come along for the ride.

It isn't over until i say its over
Wrath

Mr. Dead
05-10-11, 10:28 pm
Definitely along, for the full length of the ride...!!! And, grabbin' a pen and paper, to take notes...

Wrath
05-10-11, 10:34 pm
First. What are ur plans for competitions in the upcoming months and why do ya compete?

Im about 6 weeks out form the Toronto pro and the Tampa pro.

First i just love to train, move some heavy ass weight, hey and what feels better then getting pumped... i just wanna be a freak. I compete for me, i love that shit, i always wanted to look like a bodybuiler. nothing feels better when you get up there and you hit a shot and every one in the building goes nuts, no better feeling.

Wrath
05-10-11, 10:41 pm
Ive had the pleasure of talking with Frank at multiple venues. The dude has been in the game for some time now, and has so much raw uncut knowledge. Looking forward to it brotha.

I know i have personally talked to you about this, but when did you really get into bodybuilding? And what kept you coming back for more?

Welcome.

I started training when i was 14, i really got into it around 21, did my first show at 22, and i was scared shitless to walk out there. but when i did i knew that this is where i belong. pumping up back stage, get out the posing ur ass off to beat the guy next to you. i knew i wanted it more then any one else thats why i won, never forget your first show!

Mr. Dead
05-10-11, 10:41 pm
Wrath... Have you used Animal Rage...??? And, if so... What are your thoughts, about it...???

OSUrookie
05-10-11, 10:49 pm
Your the man Wrath, your vascularity is insane especially in your forearms. Do you use straps much like when training back or doing heavy traps? How about regular back lifts?

Wrath
05-10-11, 10:50 pm
This is a big day.

I get asked that question just about every day, all i can say is thanks mom and dad... man i remember when i was young and i said to my self, "i want veins all the time even when i dont work out" i busted my ass for the last 18 years and i get freaked out some times. i feel it comes form dieting over and over again, the skin gets thin. man i got then in my face now... becareful what you wish for.. na i love this shit freakier the better

Wrath
05-10-11, 10:55 pm
Frank...

Do you workout?

Peace broski- Rob

Bahaha.. man you scared me i thought it was him writing, cool guy just a little over bored. Her that guy could draw some crazy shit,

Loomis
05-10-11, 10:59 pm
Wrath... Have you used Animal Rage...??? And, if so... What are your thoughts, about it...???

that... + whats your supp line up?

Wrath
05-10-11, 11:01 pm

sorry brotha hahah

Haha its cool, i got the best lady a guy could ask for, she puts up with my shit lol. No one compares to Wrath's girl

Polk17
05-10-11, 11:11 pm
In for sure... Good luck with your prep bro...

B.S.
05-10-11, 11:24 pm
in for this...
whats your current chest routine?

Back To Basics
05-11-11, 12:00 am
Awesome that your here man, the mystery of Wrath is finally revealed.

Marcus Leong
05-11-11, 2:37 am
Hi Wrath,

Like many others, you were the one that brought me into this game with your freaky vascularity and physique. And after we met last year in Birmingham, my respect for you has only increased..

I would like to thank you, vinny and g diesel for motivating me last year and in 3 days time I will step on stage for my
first time. Never in a million years would I think that I would do this and you know what, I am fucking addicted now. Really looking forward to seeing you and G next week in Birmingham.

mass3011
05-11-11, 3:38 am
Its been long over due but finally Wrath has made it to the FORVM.... wanna say thanks to my boy G he has been my side form the begining, and i know he will be there to the end. When i was at my lowest this guy was picking my ass up...

Im here to shoot the shit with you guys, and answer your questions. So fire away...

This is a new begining for me, and i hope you all come along for the ride.

It isn't over until i say its over
Wrath

Dude i have been waiting so long for this, you are who got me started in this sport. How does your supplment plan change pre contest/off season and your diet?

GUNS
05-11-11, 3:39 am
Wrath, can you talk about your injuries and what it took to make your way back. There is alot of folks out there that have had some major injuries, including myself with a spine injury and surgery. Your comeback is already a major motivator, hearing about how it unfolded would be a bonus. Good luck with your show prep. I know you'll bring it!

FitPrincess122
05-11-11, 12:47 pm
Great meeting you @ the Cage in March... can't wait to see what goes down in here... =)

Wrath
05-11-11, 2:57 pm
Your the man Wrath, your vascularity is insane especially in your forearms. Do you use straps much like when training back or doing heavy traps? How about regular back lifts?

thanks man, i really dont use them that much, heavy rows or deads thats about it

PIJW
05-11-11, 4:33 pm
Got to get on this thread Wrath is the man, Love the shoulder and forearm, look, and the workouts i have seen for him work them are killer, great inspiration. thanks man, such a true animal.

Wrath
05-11-11, 7:49 pm
that... + whats your supp line up?

The first time I used Animal Rage was at the Cage at the Arnold....right before I did the bench competition, I don't know what the hell it does but I got 10 more reps then my last chest workout.

Right now I'm using Animal Pak, Pump, Flex and Nitro

Carrnage
05-11-11, 7:54 pm
Yo Wrath, hows the training look like for you? You prefer high volume, low volume? Oh and whats your bread and butter movements for your chest and delts?

thx big man

Wrath
05-11-11, 7:58 pm
Hi Wrath,

Like many others, you were the one that brought me into this game with your freaky vascularity and physique. And after we met last year in Birmingham, my respect for you has only increased..

I would like to thank you, vinny and g diesel for motivating me last year and in 3 days time I will step on stage for my
first time. Never in a million years would I think that I would do this and you know what, I am fucking addicted now. Really looking forward to seeing you and G next week in Birmingham.

I know how u feel man....from my first time on stage- I was hooked! When you walk out there, make sure you give it everything you got...don't hold back, be the last guy off the stage because before you know it...its gonna be over. Show them all the hard work you've put in at the gym, the early mornings, the late nights, just lay it all on the line.
Good luck!

machineman
05-11-11, 8:16 pm
Like so many others, you are the one that drew me back to iron after many years away. No real questions just want to soak up the knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to write it all out for us!!!!!!

HIGA MONSTER
05-11-11, 9:22 pm
Whats up bro? Looking forward to seeing you in Toronto.

Tabernac...

HIGA MONSTER

BarbellManiac
05-11-11, 10:45 pm
What's your diet like? In the animal road trip videos you were eating a lot of fast food with soda and still looked like a monster? Are you just genetically gifted to grow and be vascular all year round from eating like that or was that a special occasion?

Thanks!

JasonG
05-11-11, 10:49 pm
It's great to see you on here Wrath. Good luck in Toronto!

charlievanriper
05-11-11, 11:47 pm
I know how u feel man....from my first time on stage- I was hooked! When you walk out there, make sure you give it everything you got...don't hold back, be the last guy off the stage because before you know it...its gonna be over. Show them all the hard work you've put in at the gym, the early mornings, the late nights, just lay it all on the line.
Good luck!

Well all I have to say is thx, your my main motivation, I have tried to send you messeges before but not sure if I had the right FB or bodyspace page ( I found out thier are a lot of fakers out thier. I have all your posters on my gym wall ect dont mean to be a little flaky fan but I admire what you have accomplished. Well anyway I dont spend much time around here anymore I just heard thru the grapevine you were going to hang out for a while and I wanted to say hi and thx. You are pretty much the guy that blew me from just another weight lifter to an absessed fanatic with real goals and real dreams.

http://i51.tinypic.com/1hxp9l.jpg[/QUOTE]
Again Thx Charlie

Flash419
05-12-11, 9:48 am
Welcome bro... and good luck in Toronto...

This is long over due... I'm sure like many guys on here, I still keep a copy of your Journey book in my gym bag. Give it a look on those rainy days when I need to get my head in the game. That and a shot of Rage never fails to make for a record setting day.

Glad your here big man.. WELCOME!

Imjorman
05-12-11, 10:13 am
Nice to have you in here wrath. Looking forward to the knowledge you can impart to us.

Universal Rep
05-12-11, 10:59 am
Im about 6 weeks out form the Toronto pro and the Tampa pro.

First i just love to train, move some heavy ass weight, hey and what feels better then getting pumped... i just wanna be a freak. I compete for me, i love that shit, i always wanted to look like a bodybuiler. nothing feels better when you get up there and you hit a shot and every one in the building goes nuts, no better feeling.

Nice. I think most of us would agree. Ya def look like a bodybuilder, haha. Good luck, brother.

SuperFlexSteve
05-12-11, 2:25 pm
Wrath, I know it's not just one movement that gets a big back, but we all have that one that after every set you just say "holy shit that feels good". Which one does it for you?

Aggression
05-13-11, 10:48 am
Best of luck to ya through the rest of the prep, bro. With just a few weeks left, how much cardio are you doing at this point? 30min? 60min? Dub-sessions?

For those lurking this thread, I came across a new video from The Man Himself, training arms @ 7 weeks out: http://youtu.be/Xl4akpbJ0Eo

Wrath
05-14-11, 7:32 pm
Yo Wrath, hows the training look like for you? You prefer high volume, low volume? Oh and whats your bread and butter movements for your chest and delts?

thx big man

For my lagging body parts I do a lot of volume, for chest and arms which are my stronger body parts I don't train them a lot. For chest I'd say incline barbell and sometimes I throw in some drop sets when doing incline...for example....315 x 10, 225 x 10, 135 x 10. For delts, I like Smith machine press and dumbell side laterrals, two movements I pretty much do every shoulder workout.

Wrath
05-14-11, 7:36 pm
What's your diet like? In the animal road trip videos you were eating a lot of fast food with soda and still looked like a monster? Are you just genetically gifted to grow and be vascular all year round from eating like that or was that a special occasion?

Thanks!

On these trips its tough to stay on a diet, plus I was off season so I got to enjoy myself more then usual. I eat fairly clean year round, but when I'm craving something...I have it!

Wrath
05-14-11, 7:41 pm
Wrath, I know it's not just one movement that gets a big back, but we all have that one that after every set you just say "holy shit that feels good". Which one does it for you?

I can't say its just one for me...but I do like chin up's. I find a lot of people don't do chin up's these days. Guy's will say they're too heavy to do chin up's and stick pull down's, don't get me wrong pull down's are good but I like to do chin's even when I'm heavy- I like to keep them in my routine even in the off season.

Wrath
05-14-11, 7:46 pm
Best of luck to ya through the rest of the prep, bro. With just a few weeks left, how much cardio are you doing at this point? 30min? 60min? Dub-sessions?

For those lurking this thread, I came across a new video from The Man Himself, training arms @ 7 weeks out: http://youtu.be/Xl4akpbJ0Eo

In the past I would do cardio twice a day between 45 mins to an hour a session, I did a lot of treadmill but this year I've been doing nothing stairs once a day.

DANO
05-14-11, 9:01 pm
I can't say its just one for me...but I do like chin up's. I find a lot of people don't do chin up's these days. Guy's will say they're too heavy to do chin up's and stick pull down's, don't get me wrong pull down's are good but I like to do chin's even when I'm heavy- I like to keep them in my routine even in the off season.

I agree 100%. Pullups and Deadlifts are the best back builders I know.. Where in the day do you put a cheat meal when dieting?

BarbellManiac
05-14-11, 10:07 pm
On these trips its tough to stay on a diet, plus I was off season so I got to enjoy myself more then usual. I eat fairly clean year round, but when I'm craving something...I have it!

How many times a week do you have a cheat meal? Something small everyday? (like something sweet)

Thanks

charlievanriper
05-15-11, 11:57 pm
Well all I have to say is thx, your my main motivation, I have tried to send you messeges before but not sure if I had the right FB or bodyspace page ( I found out thier are a lot of fakers out thier. I have all your posters on my gym wall ect dont mean to be a little flaky fan but I admire what you have accomplished. Well anyway I dont spend much time around here anymore I just heard thru the grapevine you were going to hang out for a while and I wanted to say hi and thx. You are pretty much the guy that blew me from just another weight lifter to an absessed fanatic with real goals and real dreams.

http://i51.tinypic.com/1hxp9l.jpg
Again Thx Charlie[/QUOTE]

Well anyway thx Bye

prowrestler
05-16-11, 3:35 am
Again Thx Charlie

Well anyway thx Bye[/QUOTE]

there's no need for this kinda shit. it's rude to demand a write up back like that. Frank is a proffessional athlete and has a life. the man is probably swarmed with emails from fans. it is a privledge to be able to talk to these guys at any given point of the day with these boards, all of them are trying there best to give back to the fans, respect that.

you did not ask any question either so what are you expecting back? c'mon man, dont act like a high school chick whos boyfriend didnt get back to her text message..

Cranky
05-16-11, 5:45 am
Well anyway thx Bye

there's no need for this kinda shit. it's rude to demand a write up back like that. Frank is a proffessional athlete and has a life. the man is probably swarmed with emails from fans. it is a privledge to be able to talk to these guys at any given point of the day with these boards, all of them are trying there best to give back to the fans, respect that.

you did not ask any question either so what are you expecting back? c'mon man, dont act like a high school chick whos boyfriend didnt get back to her text message..[/QUOTE]

BOOM!

G Diesel
05-16-11, 2:00 pm
Almost time for the UK mate... See you soon bro.

Peace, G

NJC_Manhattan
05-16-11, 2:23 pm
Just happy to be here. Subb'd for sure.

And welcome home

Wrath
05-16-11, 2:52 pm
Again Thx Charlie

Well anyway thx Bye[/QUOTE]

Doing my best to answer all you guys, sorry if i miss a few. It means alot to here i motivate people to get there ass in the gym... just makes me want to work harder to keep motivating. There is nothing easy about getting ur ass in the gym day in and day out, eat your face off, and doing it every day, even when you tired, sore or dont even want to... but we do it because we love this shit... people ask me why i do it or is it worth it..... i do it because i cant, and is it worth it? just that feeling in the gym is worth it, if you work out and give it everything you got every day you would know!

Big C
05-16-11, 2:55 pm

you did not ask any question either so what are you expecting back? c'mon man, dont act like a high school chick whos boyfriend didnt get back to her text message..

Very much agreed. ^^^

Great to have you on the Forvm, Wrath.

Universal Rep
05-16-11, 3:33 pm

What do ya normally crave? What does ur cheat meal look like?

JUGGERNAUT
05-16-11, 4:08 pm
kaboom

Imjorman
05-16-11, 4:34 pm
What's your favorite chest exercise? I'm prone to love doing flys, but I know everyone has a favorite. YOur not simply a "big bench" guy are ya :P

bigdog
05-17-11, 7:56 am
Subbued for sure. Wrath is the motivation I needed to get into the iron game. Great to have you here bro!

Survivor831
05-22-11, 11:11 am
Just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me. Youre journey was the single most motivating factor in me wanting to better myself through bodybuilding and weight training. By better understanding who we are we are more capable of becoming better individuals. You're journey helped me to realize that. We all have a purpose in this world and a reason for being here. Thank Thank you for helping me realize mine. You're sacrifices and accomplishments have not gone unnoticed. You're road back should become stuff of legends. Getting a second chance at anything is something not everyone gets to experience. Thank you for what you've done and for what you will do.

kc campbell
05-24-11, 7:33 pm
For some reason this popped into my head today, and I figured who better to ask than you. What do you parents/family members think about your career in bodybuilding?

Sprint
05-25-11, 1:00 pm
Hey man, it was great hitting chest with you at the ABC at Temple Gym.

Thanks bro.

Universal Rep
05-25-11, 2:43 pm
Just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me. Youre journey was the single most motivating factor in me wanting to better myself through bodybuilding and weight training. By better understanding who we are we are more capable of becoming better individuals. You're journey helped me to realize that. We all have a purpose in this world and a reason for being here. Thank Thank you for helping me realize mine. You're sacrifices and accomplishments have not gone unnoticed. You're road back should become stuff of legends. Getting a second chance at anything is something not everyone gets to experience. Thank you for what you've done and for what you will do.

Many are here for the same reason...

svt04
05-26-11, 10:55 am
Wrath..

I just got done reading your journey... well the one online at least... I know there's a book too... I will be buying this as well...

Reading what you put up with (big red and his partner, bullies, naysayers, etc) I'm with you on these... I didn't grow up exactly the same way but I've had my fair share of being the fat kid and picked on...

Back to the point... After reading all of that... you are now my inspiration to show the world what I'm capable of... One day when you step out on that stage... I'll be there... I'll be that new gun and it will be a honor just to shake your hand.

bigdog
05-26-11, 11:26 am
I didn't know of a book! Where can I get one? ?

Universal Rep
05-26-11, 11:39 am

Book no longer available. It's now a collectible....

bigdog
05-26-11, 11:41 am
Dammit! If anyone decides to part with one I want it!!! Who published it and what was the book name so I can search for a copy...

Mr. Dead
05-26-11, 11:42 am

Book no longer available. It's now a collectible....

However... You could print up the pages on here:
http://www.animalpak.com/journey/index.cfm

bigdog
05-26-11, 11:44 am
I've read the journey! Loved it! Is it the same as the book?

Mr. Dead
05-26-11, 11:47 am
There's a few extras, in the book... When I get home, tonight, I'll check to see if I still have an extra copy...

Universal Rep
05-26-11, 11:50 am

The Journey Book was essentially the entire ad campaign, plus the extra online entries in a wire-bound printed form... It was sweet.

bigdog
05-26-11, 11:52 am
There's a few extras, in the book... When I get home, tonight, I'll check to see if I still have an extra copy...
Thanks mr.dead! Just let me know if you do and what you want for it! Much appreciated...

Mr. Dead
05-26-11, 11:53 am
Thanks mr.dead! Just let me know if you do! Much appreciated...

*Fixed...*

Will do...

bigdog
05-26-11, 11:53 am
The Journey Book was essentially the entire ad campaign, plus the extra online entries in a wire-bound printed form... It was sweet.

I bet it is sweet! Hopefully I can get whole of one! Thanks fellas...

svt04
05-26-11, 1:42 pm
I bet it is sweet! Hopefully I can get whole of one! Thanks fellas...

whhhhatttt...

I'm willing to bid on this as well!

Universal Rep
05-26-11, 4:20 pm
whhhhatttt...

I'm willing to bid on this as well!

I bet Corporate has a few lyin' round the offices...

Mr. Dead
05-26-11, 4:21 pm
PROMO...??? Maybe even an autographed copy or 2...???

svt04
05-26-11, 4:24 pm

NEED! Hook it up Urep!

bigdog
05-26-11, 4:31 pm
Ummmm yea. I want one real bad. Keep us posted u rep!!

Mr. Dead
05-26-11, 5:03 pm

PROMO...??? Maybe even an autographed copy or 2...???

NEED! Hook it up Urep!

Hmmmm...

Universal Rep
05-26-11, 5:04 pm

Posted? Talk to NG, haha. He would know...

svt04
05-26-11, 5:08 pm
Posted? Talk to NG, haha. He would know...

Oo

bigdog
05-26-11, 5:41 pm
Just posted it!!!

Anabolik
05-27-11, 11:30 am
Finally, Wrath on the FORVM!

Hi Frank, could you post your exemplary off-season training for your guns? If anything has changed since your ANIMAL ARMS movie?

Good luck at show! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Wrath
06-01-11, 4:26 pm
Back form the UK, and back on track, 2 and half weeks until the show! On the way to the gym to hit back, im going to destroy it today. Im going to leave it all on the gym floor, walking out knowing i couldnt do one more rep.

I will get to the questions when i get back

Universal Rep
06-01-11, 4:33 pm
Back form the UK, and back on track, 2 and half weeks until the show! On the way to the gym to hit back, im going to destroy it today. Im going to leave it all on the gym floor, walking out knowing i couldnt do one more rep.

Hit it hard brother...

bigdog
06-01-11, 5:15 pm

Good deal! Hit it hard!!

fawaz
06-01-11, 5:57 pm
Fucking pumped to finally, after long last, welcome one of Animal's icons to the FORVM... Ladies and gents, Frank "Wrath" McGrath is now in the building.

After The Journey (http://animalpak.com/journey/) and becoming something of a bodybuilding cult figure, my boy Raw McGraw has been through hell and back, rising from the ashes and getting ready to again take the stage and reclaim his rightful spot in the sport.

He's one of the funniest most laid back characters I know and also one of the hardest training, bodybuilding junkies I've ever met. I've learned from the dude, been inspired by the dude, trained to the edge with the dude and laughed until I cried with the dude. And this is your chance to do the same.

So much more to be said, so better I let Wrath say it for himself.

If you have any questions, comments, stories or feedback, feel free to fire away. I'll be sure to hang out here too, as I know this will be a place of much activity and many good times.

Enough of my bullshit... This thread is dedicated to the man himself...

Peace, G

i wish wrath all the best.he has the support of fellow iron warriors all over the world for sure major inspirational bodybuilder i have read his journey and i get hooked to reading it every single time. you can learn alot about what builds champions and the hardcore lifestyle of an iron warrior with true strength.everytime i tell myself i will only read one blog i end up reading 10 times more.remember persist and persevere.

bigdog
06-01-11, 6:00 pm
Wrath,other than your bodybuilding career, what type of work do you do? How is the contest prep going so far? Good luck bro!!

ionicrod
06-09-11, 11:54 pm
Never thought I would see the day that Wrath would start posting... awesome

Mr. Dead
06-13-11, 10:19 pm
How goes the Prep...???

J-Dawg
06-14-11, 12:11 pm
Toronto Pro is just about there for you! How ya feeling Wrath?

Big Byrd
06-14-11, 12:48 pm
This is a big day.

Somebody asked me that same question at a bodybuilding show one time. I was just there to watch and he was competing but not in shape. I told the only way he was gonna get veins by the time he got on stage was to find a sharpie and draw them on. haha

SuperFlexSteve
06-14-11, 1:00 pm
Picture from sacrifice & honor's FB... Frank at 5days out....

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5083/frankhj.jpg

S.Vutov
06-15-11, 4:50 am
Picture from sacrifice & honor's FB... Frank at 5days out....

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5083/frankhj.jpg

That pic is awesome! I wonder what he was listening then...

Good luck at the Toronto Pro Frank!

GUNS
06-15-11, 7:04 am
If you have not seen this yet!

http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Live/2011-Toronto-Pro#post_85989

Razor
06-15-11, 7:21 am
I was getting nervous this morning! I didn't see Frank's name on the list!!! But he's in thanks Vin.

G Diesel
06-15-11, 12:04 pm
Got this lo-res preview pic of Wrath's back.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t74/J-Dawg007/McGrawjun13.jpg

SHREDDED.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
06-15-11, 12:05 pm
Ready to kill.

BarbellManiac
06-15-11, 12:08 pm
Legs look good! Best of luck to Vinny and Frank!

naturalguy
06-15-11, 12:36 pm
Wrath looking ready

smoothballer
06-15-11, 12:47 pm
Back looks sick. Glad to see the man stepping back on stage.

Wrath
06-15-11, 2:18 pm
Few days out feelin good, drop my sodium, and started my carbing up. Rice, white potatoes, and a lot of red meat. Plan ans simple "meat and poatoes" Today is my last workout, gonna do some shoulders and back, pump that shit up!

This was a long road back, when many said i was done, my fans stuck it out with me, had my back the whole time. Means alot to mean, and part of this is for you, and the doctors who said i would never lift again. I like to prove people wrong.

Big thanks to Evan, and my boy Greg, made me step my game up, when things where getting tough.

I will keep you posted, gonna be a good weekend!

Phil800101
06-15-11, 3:01 pm
Few days out feelin good, drop my sodium, and started my carbing up. Rice, white potatoes, and a lot of red meat. Plan ans simple "meat and poatoes" Today is my last workout, gonna do some shoulders and back, pump that shit up!

This was a long road back, when many said i was done, my fans stuck it out with me, had my back the whole time. Means alot to mean, and part of this is for you, and the doctors who said i would never lift again. I like to prove people wrong.

Big thanks to Evan, and my boy Greg, made me step my game up, when things where getting tough.

I will keep you posted, gonna be a good weekend!

Bring it!

cesmeister
06-15-11, 3:07 pm
Got this lo-res preview pic of Wrath's back.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t74/J-Dawg007/McGrawjun13.jpg

SHREDDED.

Peace, G

Lo-res and you can still see all the separation and striations haha. Wrath is my idol. I remember watching all his dvds

B.S.
06-15-11, 7:18 pm
man i wish i could go all three are looking great.
and that back...my god.

Roughneck
06-15-11, 8:09 pm
Man Frank that back is looking huge. Thanks for still giving us all something to shoot for. What a beast.

dannynb
06-15-11, 9:04 pm
Frank....I just have to tip my hat to you. The odds were against ya, and by no means would anyone have thought less of you if you had just called it quits after the accident. But you didn't.....that shows just what raw determination and will power can do. I will be rooting for ya, but regardless the placing at the end of the show, you did it. So as I said before, I tip my hat to you sir.

Sprint
06-16-11, 8:14 am
Frank....I just have to tip my hat to you. The odds were against ya, and by no means would anyone have thought less of you if you had just called it quits after the accident. But you didn't.....that shows just what raw determination and will power can do. I will be rooting for ya, but regardless the placing at the end of the show, you did it. So as I said before, I tip my hat to you sir.

X2
This says it all.

Bring it home Frank.

Aggression
06-16-11, 9:24 am
Best of luck to you this weekend, Frank. Its damn impressive that you've overcome everything to step on stage again.

Back To Basics
06-16-11, 7:23 pm
Best of luck of stage bro !

SuperFlexSteve
06-16-11, 11:10 pm
Best of luck to you this weekend, Frank. Its damn impressive that you've overcome everything to step on stage again.

Well said!

deanna7272
06-17-11, 12:10 am
So glad to see this thread,but bummed that I JUST found it... I MUST have been living under a rock....lol

Frank, after talking with you at the Cage, it helped me to realize that anything is possible when and if YOU make it happen. I know that there are days that we (as a whole) gripe, moan, and groan at our aches, pains, and tiredness, but at least we have the opportunity TO do it. I value the "life lessons" that I picked up from our conversation and now appreciate every single day as it comes. Thanks for the eye opener to the opportunities around me, even if it is just getting out of bed in the morning OR getting to eat a good meal...

So excited to know that you'll be back on stage and can't wait to hear how things go this weekend.... Best of luck Frank...

GUNS
06-17-11, 12:29 am
I don't think anyone has said it better D.

JasonG
06-17-11, 9:46 pm
Good luck this weekend Frank!

deanna7272
06-17-11, 10:42 pm
Just watched prejudge clips..... You look great Frank!!! Conditioning is phenomenal and people are going to see that you may have been down for a bit, but there's no way they can count you out.....

Bring it home buddy...

AWARD
06-18-11, 3:09 am
Saw the prejudging video, you look great man, on point and shredded. Glad to see you back on stage.

Stone_Ghost
06-18-11, 5:58 am
Yo Frank , best of luck the weekend to you and the rest of the b'ys. Show em what us Newfoundlanders are made of.!!

bigdog
06-18-11, 8:48 am
Frank really nailed the conditioning! You deserve it bro considering the dark cloud

Thats been hovering over your head! Good luck bro.

SuperFlexSteve
06-19-11, 12:36 pm
Good job Wrath! You had shit dialed in and looked like an animal under the lights. Good luck next weekend at Tampa, time to grab that top 3 and represent at the O!

B.S.
06-19-11, 12:40 pm
dry big and scary, looked great

Loomis
06-19-11, 12:42 pm
solid, great job!

SuperFlexSteve
06-19-11, 7:05 pm
For those who haven't seen it.. MD's video of Frank posing..

http://youtu.be/hNBQGsf6Z0s

The House
06-19-11, 8:19 pm
congrats bro you looked great at the show proud of ya

willah
06-19-11, 10:53 pm
Holy fuck, you looked top notch man! Unbelievable conditioning.

Phil800101
06-20-11, 3:57 pm
Congrats Frank!

DANO
06-20-11, 5:31 pm
Looked shreaded as hell! Awesome brother!

Sprint
06-20-11, 6:59 pm
If anybody wants a lesson in determination & overcoming adversity, that lesson is Frank McGrath.

Maximum respect bro.

bmtoken
06-21-11, 8:00 pm
Unreal job! Definitely an inspiration to all of us.

Cascade
06-22-11, 3:15 pm
Welcome back Frank. Great showing brother!

Gorilla.
06-22-11, 3:19 pm
damn inspiring as shit, looked amazing man good job

SuperFlexSteve
06-25-11, 11:15 pm
Frank, hell of a showing at the Tampa Pro. Good luck on your prep for the O, keep training hard and glad to have ya back in action bro!

kc campbell
06-25-11, 11:17 pm
FUCK YES BRO! Congrats and good luck

AntoineV
06-25-11, 11:23 pm
Good times and hard times with my bro frank!!

AWARD
06-26-11, 2:10 am
Just saw results for the Tampa Pro. Great job man, never doubted you'd make that Olympia qualification. Keep provin' people wrong!

mritter3
06-26-11, 9:24 am
Just want to say Congrats Frank on your showing in Tampa....you have def. overcome a lot of stuff....best of luck to ya at the O.

Big_Country87
06-26-11, 10:11 am
Hell yeah frank you looked great and congrats on the O qualification bro

100jan
06-26-11, 11:57 am
Congrats!!!

The_Genius
06-26-11, 11:59 am
Congrats bro!!!

dannynb
06-26-11, 12:03 pm
Much respect!!! Good showing and will be rooting for ya at the O!

Sprint
06-26-11, 4:27 pm
Awesome

'nuff said

Ox
06-26-11, 5:09 pm
Congrats buddy. You looked awesome!

deanna7272
06-26-11, 5:36 pm
Awesome showing again!!! Congrats!!!

Enforcer
06-26-11, 5:59 pm
Looked awesome at the show bro, you def. made your mark yet once again. Wishin you nothin but the best with all of ur furture shows. Way to truly represent the Animal family and brand

The House
06-26-11, 8:15 pm
Looked awesome at the show bro, you def. made your mark yet once again. Wishin you nothin but the best with all of ur furture shows. Way to truly represent the Animal family and brand

congrats on the mr o spot

G Diesel
06-27-11, 10:36 am
Wrath's a profile in perseverance and fortitude.

Plenty of people counted him out and look at what he's done, just by hanging in and not giving up.

He's proof positive that struggle and staying the course eventually pay dividends.

What a fucking inspiration.

Peace, G

MRmichael.hooker
06-27-11, 10:38 am
Great fuckin job bro. I saw the pics sat morning from the prejudging and told my wife "damn, come look at Wrath". Great job! You decided on competing in the O or not?

Phil800101
06-27-11, 3:24 pm
Congrats Frank! Way to show em' how it's done.

smoothballer
06-27-11, 4:13 pm
Fucking Awesome! Huge Congrats Frank!

zachlloyd
06-30-11, 5:16 pm
Ive been lazy for the last 4 years, got married, had a kid, and got fat and lazy. I finally took a good look in the mirror and decided to wake up and quit gliding through life and make some changes, to achieve things I used to think of as standard and would never go away. At the moment I'm 6'2 weight 280 and have about 40 lbs to lose to get lean again. My main goal is to lose the fat covering the bulk I have kept over 4 years, suppose thats genetics to thank. Also, it will be easier to build a workout when I can actually see what parts of the muscles have slipped.

Heres the split I'm thinking about, I'm separating Bi's and Tri's, dunno if thats advised or not but ive 6 days a week and I want to use them.
AM's Mon-Chest Tue-Back Wed-shoulders Thur-Legs Fri-Tri's Sat-Bi's
PM's Cardio done daily for 300-400 calories

Diet is 3083 cals comin 24, 40, 36 percent from fat, carb, prot respectively comes out to about 280 g protien, about 1g per pound of total body weight(including fat mass).
Meal 1- 4 egg whites and 1/2c oatmeal with banana, animal Pak(also my Preworkout meal)
Pre W/o shock therapy, with 5g glutamine
Intra w/o Scivatioin Xtend(fits my budget better, trying to convince wife to up it but no luck as of yet)
Post w/o Storm and 5g glutamine- 30 min later 3 scoops Real Gains with 8oz skim milk
Meal 2- 10oz chicken and large salad
Meal 3- 4oz Talapia and 16oz mixed veg
Around 6pm, I take 3 more scoops of Real Gains in 8oz skim milk, cardio comes after classes around 8 or in the afternoon aorund 4
Pre Sleep- 1 scoop Ultra Whey Pro in 8oz skim milk

Plan on taking Animul Cuts until i get to the BF I want then switching to M-Stak, Any advice you could give would be greatly appriciated. I intend to do high volume for sets of 12-15 for a few weeks while my ligaments and muscles get accustomed to lifting again, then dropping to 8-10, possibly doing 6's on my last set, which should be my 5th, in my past ive always got great results from very high volume training. Should i wait to go very high on volume till im done losing weight? Or if im recovering enough should i go ahead and pump up the volume? My supps are pretty fixed as far as money I can spend. Looking at losing about 2lbs a week, should I see how it goes then drop more fat and carbs if necessary? Thanks again for everyones help now, and in the past, I plan on getting back into things, and that includes this Forum.

zachlloyd
07-01-11, 1:43 am
Sorry, by the time i figured out everything I seem to be unable to edit my post, so I'll ad my workout here. Plan on doing 2 sets of each for 12-15 until about 2 weeks in, then going to 3 sets, then 4 sets a month in, then dropping reps to 8-10, maybee some sixes on the last set, and after a few months going to 5 sets for compounds.

Monday- AM Bench, Incline DB, Decline DB, Incline Cable Press, Decline Cable Press, Low Cable Fly, then finishing with Straight Arm DB pullovers and Dips.
PM Cardio

Tuesday AM-15 pullups(only doing 2 at a time at the moment), Bent over BB row, Deadlift, Close grip high hammer row, close grip mid hammer row, DB shrugs, Lying incline DB shrugs, Back hyperextensions.
PM Cardio, Wrist Curls ad Ulnar wrist deviations

Wednesday AM-Military Press, Upright Row, Seated rear lateral raises, Seated rear rev fly, seated lateral raises, lying incline lateral raises(good stretch in shoulders), Front lateral raises.
PM Cardio, Rev Wrist curls, Radial wrist deviations.

Thursday AM-Squats(doing 4 sets to start going up to 7 by the end), Hip sled, leg ext, lying leg curl, Romanian deadlift, standing calf raise, seated calf raise.
PM Cardio(lighter session), Cable hip adductors and abductors, glute cable kickbacks, rev calf raises.

Working on finding an arm blaster for arm days, anyone know a good place to get one?
Friday AM-Close grip bench, dips, skull crushers, kickbacks, overhead BB tri ext, rev cable pressdown, cable pressdown with rope to finish everything off.
PM-Cardio(lighter session depending on how legs feel)

Saturday AM-BB curl, Seated Alternating DB supinating curl, Rev Preacher Cable curl, Hammer curl, Concentration curl, wrist pronation, wrist supination
PM-Cardio

During the day, except sunday,doing a total of 25 pushups to start with, ab work, Pullups or hangs, Neck flexion and extensions. This is similar to what I did in afghanstan, my body seemed to respond extremely well to very high volume, set PR's across the board. Using storm, shock therapy, Stack, Cuts,and lots of real gains. Lost about 8% BF, added 6 inches to my chest(up to a 59), 2 1/2 on my arms, got to 19 3/4, was so close haha, calves went to 19's, thighs up to 29's if i remember right, and got back into my size 34 pants, loved the way i looked and want it back haha. In the stan i even went up to about 70 sets on leg days during my last 3 months, was insane ad could barely walk, but we were loading off of missions so i figured i would kick it up, got the idea from a Cutler workout i saw, nightmarish workout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, like, if i should wait to kick the volume way up until im done restricting calories, or if i should just roll with it so long as progress is being made, Thanks yall

GUNS
07-01-11, 1:52 am
zachloyd, you should put these type posts out on the forvm in the training or diet sections. You will most likely NOT get anything from putting it in a thread like this.

zachlloyd
07-01-11, 2:07 am
Cool, thanks Guns

ZombiePower
07-01-11, 11:33 pm
not trying to get lazy on you but could running in place for 30 minutes count as cardio?

Wrath
07-05-11, 1:49 pm
Big thanks to every one! This is a dream come true,But This only the first step, bigger and better things to come. I have to say i faced my fears, and over came them... and it was never easy, and i know there will be more on this journey, any thing is possible if you believe, work your ass off, and even in you darkest days never, never, never give up!

Wrath
07-05-11, 3:10 pm
Cool, thanks Guns Haha sorry man that sounds pretty lazy, no one said it was gonna be easy. so the answer is no. treadmill, stairs, running, or bike.

J-Dawg
07-05-11, 3:55 pm
Way to go Wrath--Glad to see all of your hard work pay off for these shows!

ZombiePower
07-05-11, 10:14 pm
Haha sorry man that sounds pretty lazy, no one said it was gonna be easy. so the answer is no. treadmill, stairs, running, or bike.

thanks time for me to step and suck it up.

mass3011
07-06-11, 3:44 am
frank what protien powder do you like?

Flash419
07-06-11, 6:16 am
Congrats on your last shows... looking forward to big things in Vegas.

Hanny only works with the best.. you are on your way!

auburn_1984
07-18-11, 4:05 am
Wrath when you are cutting and you cut your carbs down to slim to none do you eat vegetables with your last few meals or just eat meat only. Lets say that your low carb day called for 50g carbs. That is about 1 cup of oats and if you eat that one cup of oats one time at breakfast you have none for the rest of the day. So therefore do you eat just meat the rest of the day or do you eat vegetables with the remaner of the meals?

zachlloyd
07-19-11, 1:43 pm
Congratz Wrath.. movin on up brotha. Last time I saw you other than the clip from the latest show was when Animal Arms was released, looking good bro. Lots of progress so far and I'm sure lots more to come.

big craig
08-05-11, 7:09 pm
congrats frank on going to the olympia man thats great. ill see you when your here in vegas, lets catch up
craig!!!

deanna7272
08-09-11, 12:26 am
Happy Birthday Frank... Hope your day is an amazing one!!!

Phil800101
08-09-11, 6:00 pm
Happy Birthday!

Sprint
08-09-11, 7:35 pm
Happy (belated) Birthday man!

Wrath
08-11-11, 1:13 pm
Thanks for the bday wishes. I'm balls deep in training for the Olympia. Things are going great. Smashing the weight like its no ones business. Killing it on stair master every morning, I want to be in better condition the last 2 shows. There is no secret. Just hard work had after day. Doing everything in my power to be the best I can be. The journey never ends!

Sprint
08-11-11, 1:15 pm
Thanks for the bday wishes. I'm balls deep in training for the Olympia. Things are going great. Smashing the weight like its no ones business. Killing it on stair master every morning, I want to be in better condition the last 2 shows. There is no secret. Just hard work had after day. Doing everything in my power to be the best I can be. The journey never ends!

I wish I able to get there to see you on stage man, I'll be there in spirit.

deanna7272
08-11-11, 8:20 pm

Do your thing... You do it best...

felipelpr
08-13-11, 1:08 pm
Frank,
I had the opportunity to meet you 2 times, once at the international Rio de Janieiro Airport and another one at Rio Expo Show. Lucky bastard I am!
What was your view about Rio Expo Show? Did you enjoy it? Found it organized? And what's the sensation of being recognized in a country far away from home (Brazil) and being one of the main attractions of the event?

auburn_1984
08-16-11, 11:10 am
Hey Frank when you are doing your cardio for your contest prep do you ever do any jogging or is it always light cardio like stair master or walking on treadmill at incline? Do you do cardio in the off season or only for contest prep?

SuperFlexSteve
08-16-11, 2:42 pm
Wrath! How's the O prep going? Think you can leak some pics or video to the Animal community or is it gonna be a surprise for the stage?

naturalguy
08-16-11, 4:01 pm

Awesome bro and happy birthday

Ox
08-23-11, 4:06 pm
Damn homie; I didn't know it was your birthday! Hope it was a good one. Looking forward to seeing you onstage at the O! Keep on man. Stay focused and remember why you do what you do!

atcontroller
08-24-11, 12:26 am
Not to hijack the thread or anything, and I realize I'm a couple months late, but.... I just ordered a Journey book along w/ some supps from a certain website... I don't want to advertise on here but go ahead and PM me if you want the info. Granted I haven't gotten it yet, but there were some other things that I wanted that said "not available at this time" and the book wasn't one of them... we'll see I guess.

be4st
09-03-11, 5:23 pm
Hey frank, I 've been following you since my first bodybuilding competition since I was 17 years old.
I'm 20 right now and my goal is to go pro. I have 2 shows that I will be competing in next year, however, since last month I have been plagued with some injury that has been keeping me out of the gym. We're still running tests to figure out what the problem is, but there's a good chance that it is very serious.
I know you recently went through an accident as well, and came back stronger than ever (congrats on the O qualification!), I was wondering if you could shed some wisdom on what you did to help you get through that rough time..

Thanks Frank

Flash419
09-03-11, 9:12 pm
Just a few more weeks.. Looking forward to seeing Wrath unleashed at the O..

Best of luck to you bro.. you have certainly earned it!

Solid Dreams
09-09-11, 11:07 pm
Hey man, don't know if you saw it yet, but Kyle finished his drawing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37067-Frank-Mcgrath-Drawing

Phil800101
09-14-11, 6:10 pm
Good luck at the O Frank!

Sprint
09-14-11, 6:20 pm
As above, good luck man. I know you will anyway, after everything that's happened, but take a second to stop & soak it all in.

B.S.
09-14-11, 6:28 pm
good luck man

Mr. Dead
09-14-11, 6:41 pm
Good luck, this weekend...!!!

Back To Basics
09-15-11, 12:09 am
Few days away now man, BEST OF LUCK BROTHER !

B.S.
09-18-11, 12:16 am
looked good man... nice job

Survivor831
09-18-11, 12:58 am
Somehow I think congratulations just isn't enough. We are all proud of you.

GUNS
09-18-11, 2:54 am
Great showing Wrath. Congrats getting on the big Olympia stage!

Bruiser
09-18-11, 8:59 am
Congrats Frank. You got up on the big stage. That's something to be proud of.

So, did you put In-N-Out out of business after the show?

Sprint
09-18-11, 9:40 am
Welcome back man

fawaz
09-20-11, 1:55 pm
congrats frank wish you the best in the olympia next year and the upcoming years to come.

Stone_Ghost
09-22-11, 12:39 pm
Yo Frank, theres a few of your posters put up around some of the shops here in Afghanistan , alot of fellas know ya for sure.

Kowboy
09-22-11, 1:04 pm
Great showing Wrath, I enjoyed watching you cross the stage. I am sure I pissed off my neighbors cheering that late but you looked good.

solomon_caine
11-05-11, 11:12 pm
howdy, wrath!

I read everything on the forum and I'm elated to know that you're around! thank you for inspiring me to get back in the iron game.

just wanted to ask if you intend to compete in the Olympia and hit the home run Sandow.

best of luck, bro!

http://www.facebook.com/cagedanimal

BA
11-13-11, 5:30 am
Hey Frank. When you were starting out what were some of the things you did to help put width on your lats? Or were they just god-given like those meat hooks you carry around?

Wrath
11-22-11, 11:17 pm
Hey Frank. When you were starting out what were some of the things you did to help put width on your lats? Or were they just god-given like those meat hooks you carry around?
Been with out a computer but IM BACK, as for lats i do alot of chins wide and close , i find alot of guys dont do them any more. they say there to are of to heavy or some bull shit, im 265 right now with a 50 pound bd around my waist for 10 12 reps i find they help alot.

GUNS
11-23-11, 1:09 am
Welcome back Wrath.

Irish_Muscle
11-23-11, 12:53 pm
Hey Frank, just gonna start by saying happy belated birthday and well done at the Olympia,great to see my favourite bodybuilder on that stage, caught the coverage online over here! Looked great bro! What are your plans next?
Quick question - have you ever had skin problems over the years? If you did how did you manage to keep it clear, if not how did other top competitiors you know look after it? Just one of my only problems at the moment with all the food and supplements I take, could be just natural hormone levels adjusting too since I'm only 20. Any feedback would be great. Aside from that what are the basics you always stick by for training, diet and recovery?

And just before you go - ever been over here to Ireland, just visiting or guest posing?

Thanks,

All the best,

David O' Donoghue

(sent you a friend request on Facebook - be great if you could accept, someone to look up to for inspiration)

Mr. Dead
11-23-11, 12:55 pm
Wrath is being considered for a Flex Magazine cover...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150969299020370&set=a.10150126289435370.395601.478983560369&type=1&theater

widdlewade44
11-23-11, 1:01 pm
Welcome back into the mix my large brother! Happy Turkey Day!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Dave TapouT
11-25-11, 9:06 pm
Franks my hero.. just saying.

Mr. Dead
01-04-12, 1:33 pm
That was an incredible interview, in Flex Magazine...!!! Much respect...!!!

G Diesel
01-04-12, 2:03 pm
Somebody's gotta post this here, in case it was missed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RR27kZLuU0

Peace, G

Xander
01-04-12, 2:14 pm
Funny, I just dug this thread up the other day and now it's been revived. Way cool to see Wrath back and in charge.

Wrath
01-04-12, 3:17 pm
Hey Frank, just gonna start by saying happy belated birthday and well done at the Olympia,great to see my favourite bodybuilder on that stage, caught the coverage online over here! Looked great bro! What are your plans next?
Quick question - have you ever had skin problems over the years? If you did how did you manage to keep it clear, if not how did other top competitiors you know look after it? Just one of my only problems at the moment with all the food and supplements I take, could be just natural hormone levels adjusting too since I'm only 20. Any feedback would be great. Aside from that what are the basics you always stick by for training, diet and recovery?

And just before you go - ever been over here to Ireland, just visiting or guest posing?

Thanks,

All the best,

David O' Donoghue

(sent you a friend request on Facebook - be great if you could accept, someone to look up to for inspiration)

I have never really had any skin problems. Nothing major. Every one gets pimps and shit. Some more then others. Your young so it could just be your hormones. If it is bad. I would just see your doctor and they can refer you to a Specialists.

Wrath91
01-04-12, 5:17 pm
hey Frank
First of all to say you are a great insipration and my fav bodybuilder.
Now to question....what do you think about milk for bulking? Milk I bough was 2 % fat and they are some up to 9 % fat so you think it's good for bulking or not?

Good luck in future life and training and keep pumping iron bro.
Animal,cause being human sucks!

Wrath91
01-05-12, 2:24 pm
And one more thing Frank , if not a problem, can you write me a short diet of meals you think are best/good for bulking.
Thanks , wish you all best and keep the great work!

Animal,cause being human sucks!

Irish_Muscle
01-17-12, 3:26 pm
What are your plans for 2012? How often do you work those cool,freaky forearms and what routine do you follow?
You gonna be posting more training vids like Antoine on youtube? Cheers bro!

vandal
01-19-12, 11:24 am
How often do you work those cool,freaky forearms and what routine do you follow?

you have answers on previous pages

read people!

Wrath
01-20-12, 11:04 am
If any one knows me well they know I love milk! And I drink a lot of it in the offseason. I think its great for bulking. But I just love the taste, with a box of cookies. G knows what I'm talking about!!!

Just stick with the basics. Steak, chicken , fish, turkey. And rice, potatoes pasta oatmeal. And mix it up. And I make room for a few cheat meals. Buger fries. Etc

Razor
01-20-12, 11:15 am
If any one knows me well they know I love milk! And I drink a lot of it in the offseason. I think its great for bulking. But I just love the taste, with a box of cookies. G knows what I'm talking about!!!

Just stick with the basics. Steak, chicken , fish, turkey. And rice, potatoes pasta oatmeal. And mix it up. And I make room for a few cheat meals. Buger fries. Etc

Whole milk in the offseason, Skim otherwise right my man?

Wrath
01-20-12, 11:58 am
Contest time no milk

TufffGuY
01-20-12, 2:04 pm
Contest time no milk

Cutting phase I have no problem stuffing down tuna with sweet potatoes, not even a problem with eating 6 cups of broccoli a day, or waking up at 6 to do cardio on empty stomach. But man no being able to drink milk when cutting for me is Torture! I absolutely love whole milk, Offseason I get in close to a gallon a day.

Wrath
01-24-12, 4:02 pm
Cutting phase I have no problem stuffing down tuna with sweet potatoes, not even a problem with eating 6 cups of broccoli a day, or waking up at 6 to do cardio on empty stomach. But man no being able to drink milk when cutting for me is Torture! I absolutely love whole milk, Offseason I get in close to a gallon a day.

How can I eat my cookies if I don't have milk!? Yeah hardest part of contest prep is the diet for me

Max-Angle
01-30-12, 12:24 pm
Mr. McGrath, would it be possible for an autograph If I sent postage?

Wrath
02-03-12, 12:49 pm
Mr. McGrath, would it be possible for an autograph If I sent postage?

Will you be at the arnold this year? I would be more then happy to sign a pic for you

deanna7272
02-03-12, 11:00 pm
How can I eat my cookies if I don't have milk!? Yeah hardest part of contest prep is the diet for me

That's GREAT!!!

Max-Angle
02-05-12, 2:06 pm
Will you be at the arnold this year? I would be more then happy to sign a pic for you

sadly i will not be able to attend with college and all, I was hoping it would be at all possible if you ever get a chance to mail something signed? I'd pay for postage if you want, and It doesn't need to be right away, just whenever you get a chance, i'd kill to go to the Arnold but sadly cannot.

Wrath
02-06-12, 2:05 pm
I get asked alot about forearm training, i didnt alot of it when i was younger. At one point i had them at 18 inchs, and start to make my arms look small so stopped training them they maybe around 17.5 now or so. i may hit them once in a while for the sake of it. All I ever did for them was wrist curls on my knees rolling the bar right down to my finger tips, reverse wrist curls as well.

GUNS
02-07-12, 1:58 am
Wrath, I think like anyone, genetics play a huge role in anyones body parts. Like House with calves! Like your forearms and your vascularity! I have added a forearm day on one of my off days where I hit up about 12 sets of various exercises and they have responded amazingly. People are commenting on them now like they always have about my arm size. Just throwing my .02 out there!

Wrath
02-07-12, 10:18 am
Wrath, I think like anyone, genetics play a huge role in anyones body parts. Like House with calves! Like your forearms and your vascularity! I have added a forearm day on one of my off days where I hit up about 12 sets of various exercises and they have responded amazingly. People are commenting on them now like they always have about my arm size. Just throwing my .02 out there!

thats true! Genetics play a role in how body parts develop. But they have to be trained to see there true potential. Great to see your getting great results. I always wanted huge foreams, now i see house and i want huge calfs!!!

GUNS
02-07-12, 12:41 pm
I hear you man! That is my weakest part. I train the hell out of them still.

Wrath
02-13-12, 2:15 pm
Thats what most people do is trian the strong points more and slack on there weak points. I have done that in the past! Legs today for me!!!!

kcburrows
02-14-12, 2:30 pm
Hey Frank,first Thank you for everything you have done and mean to all of us fans and to the sport of bodybuilding. Class act all the way! Random question...Whats on the gym playlist? I know you lift some heavy ass weight just wondering what your jamming to while you do it? p.s...cant wait to see your pick for the train with the Animals contest!

Mr. Dead
02-21-12, 11:34 am
http://www.flexonline.com/news/hard-times/frank-wrath-mcgrath-signs-weiderami

"Weider/AMI proudly announces the signing of ANIMAL sponsored athlete Frank ""The Wrath" McGrath. McGrath placed 16th at the 2011 Olympia, 3rd at the Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Show, and 4th at the IFBB Toronto Pro Super Show is expected to make a triumphant return this year. "

GUNS
02-21-12, 12:00 pm
Congrats Wrath! Great news!

widdlewade44
02-21-12, 12:16 pm
Great news for a great bodybuilder. Congratulations Wrath!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Phil800101
02-21-12, 1:34 pm
Excellent, congrats!

kcburrows
02-21-12, 1:55 pm
Confrats Frank, you deserve it bro, you went through hell and back to get to this point! Thanks for all the inspiration

Marcus Leong
02-21-12, 3:13 pm
haven't logged in for a while but i had to congratulate you over your signing with flex!
great job bro!are you guys coming down to the BodyPower Expo this year? It would
be great to see you guys again, also not forgetting the annual ABC at Temple Gym....

ps. i also want to take another picture of you and me in a most muscular pose, i am
slowly but steadily catching up to you bro... hahaha i joke

Sprint
02-23-12, 11:37 am
Congrats bro, a deservedly amazing latest chapter in what is one hell of a story.

Marcus Leong
02-23-12, 3:01 pm
Congrats bro, a deservedly amazing latest chapter in what is one hell of a story.

whats up bro, havent had a catch up in a long time! you good?

Sprint
02-24-12, 9:01 am
whats up bro, havent had a catch up in a long time! you good?

Hey man, yeah I'm good. Contest prep for the UKBFF North West Champs begins in 2 days, so looking forward to that.

Looking forward to the Bodypower Expo, it's 2 weeks after my show & 1 week after the Athletics County Championships where I'm doing the 100m & possibly 200m, so I'll be very much in 2 different forms of contest shape when I see you bro.

How's things your end??

Marcus Leong
02-24-12, 4:25 pm
Hey man, yeah I'm good. Contest prep for the UKBFF North West Champs begins in 2 days, so looking forward to that.

Looking forward to the Bodypower Expo, it's 2 weeks after my show & 1 week after the Athletics County Championships where I'm doing the 100m & possibly 200m, so I'll be very much in 2 different forms of contest shape when I see you bro.

How's things your end??

good stuff bro, glad to see everything is alright with you. yeah, i am preparing for the NABBA Wales, currently 11 weeks out..
do you know there is a UKBFF show at the BodyPower Expo as well? Why dont you compete in it since you will be in shape
already? i am quite tempted to do it as well seeing that the show is one week after NABBA Wales..

Maybe you and i could do that show together!