PDA

View Full Version : You could be the first person to lift 1300

Tiny1102
05-10-11, 6:40 pm
Squat, Bench, or Pull. Which one do you think would be the most impressive? Why?

Carrnage
05-10-11, 8:59 pm
Squat, Bench, or Pull. Which one do you think would be the most impressive? Why?

It really depends, if Raw or Geared, and if they are fat. Just kidding.

I think a bench would be more impressive to the "common eye", as everyone always ask people "how much ya bench"?

But to answer the question, what do i pick? hmmmm.....Id say deadlift because its a total body exercise.

But then again to get to that point of pulling or pushing 1300, youd prolly have to go through a ton of injuries to get there, and most powerlifters usually have a huge tummy.

LegendKillerJosh
05-10-11, 9:47 pm
Not even close for me, squat all the way. I got guys at my gym benching over 500 that can't even squat 315, they are the biggest tools I've ever met. People could talk shit about you if you are a bench only guy, nobody could disrespect the best squatter of all time IMO. That's just my thought process though, not looking to put down people who just bench or anybody else.

Carrnage
05-10-11, 11:23 pm
Not even close for me, squat all the way. I got guys at my gym benching over 500 that can't even squat 315, they are the biggest tools I've ever met. People could talk shit about you if you are a bench only guy, nobody could disrespect the best squatter of all time IMO. That's just my thought process though, not looking to put down people who just bench or anybody else.

no way? they bench over 500 and they cant even squat 315? you being sarcastic or serious? thats crazy!

Tiny1102
05-10-11, 11:43 pm
Man, don't hate on bench only guys. Actually, some people just can't squat anymore. Some people can't bench and some can't pull anymore. It's just nice to be able to do something.

LegendKillerJosh
05-11-11, 12:09 pm
no way? they bench over 500 and they cant even squat 315? you being sarcastic or serious? thats crazy!

I'm being dead serious.

Man, don't hate on bench only guys. Actually, some people just can't squat anymore. Some people can't bench and some can't pull anymore. It's just nice to be able to do something.

I don't mean people who can't squat for legit reasons, I just meant the guys I know who bench only just because thats all they care about and don't squat for no reason.

Tiny1102
05-11-11, 4:16 pm
Its all good

I'm being dead serious.

I don't mean people who can't squat for legit reasons, I just meant the guys I know who bench only just because thats all they care about and don't squat for no reason.

Altered Beast
05-11-11, 4:29 pm
@Carnage - Most powerlifters DO NOT have bellys. The sport is focusing more so on conditioning because lifters realize excess bodyweight takes a toll on the knees. This can cause a weakened squat/pull and arthritis in the knees or even injury. Louie Simmons preaches that his lifters act as athletes, because they are professional athletes! This includes conditioning, stretching, nutrition, etc. The days of beer bellied powerlifters has faded.

Tiny, not many folks can bench even 1000! I'd say bench, because it involves only a few muscles and it would be impressive to see that the lifter's shoulders could take that kind of weight! Also, you don't see too many in the 1000+ range!

Not to mention so many guys are over the 1100 range on squat and Donnie Thompson recently hit 1260! Pulling is always fun to see over the 1000 range, because it is the truest powerlifting movement and involves every part of the body.

To sum it up, I'd say bench. Simply because, so few are even in the 1000 range! On the gear vs raw note, gear is part of the sport. If you don't like it, than you need to find something else.

B.S.
05-11-11, 5:44 pm
On the gear vs raw note, gear is part of the sport. If you don't like it, than you need to find something else.

pfft

BigChrisF
05-11-11, 9:59 pm
pfft

He farted.

Carrnage
05-12-11, 7:52 pm
@Carnage - Most powerlifters DO NOT have bellys. The sport is focusing more so on conditioning because lifters realize excess bodyweight takes a toll on the knees. This can cause a weakened squat/pull and arthritis in the knees or even injury. Louie Simmons preaches that his lifters act as athletes, because they are professional athletes! This includes conditioning, stretching, nutrition, etc. The days of beer bellied powerlifters has faded.

Tiny, not many folks can bench even 1000! I'd say bench, because it involves only a few muscles and it would be impressive to see that the lifter's shoulders could take that kind of weight! Also, you don't see too many in the 1000+ range!

Not to mention so many guys are over the 1100 range on squat and Donnie Thompson recently hit 1260! Pulling is always fun to see over the 1000 range, because it is the truest powerlifting movement and involves every part of the body.

To sum it up, I'd say bench. Simply because, so few are even in the 1000 range! On the gear vs raw note, gear is part of the sport. If you don't like it, than you need to find something else.

Most? Tell me....you didnt just say that..

J Wong
05-14-11, 11:07 am
Deadlift for sure. The equipment would be limited for carryover, and there would be no controversy around the lift.

prowrestler
05-14-11, 11:30 am
Most? Tell me....you didnt just say that..

ever see a competitive powerlifter?

before the SHW's they are almost all in good shape and big

naturalguy
05-14-11, 11:39 am
Come on man, nobody outside of the lifting world asks how much you squat or deadlift, it's always "How much ya bench???"

Deathride
05-14-11, 2:42 pm
Come on man, nobody outside of the lifting world asks how much you squat or deadlift, it's always "How much ya bench???"

That's true but then they never know if its a lot or not! People always ask how much I bench, I say 250lb or so, and they say that's a lot. Then i tell them I pull up to 200kg and they just look at me like I've killed their mother!

As for the thread...I can't even imagine seeing 1300lb on a bar so I'll pass :-D

zubda345
05-14-11, 3:50 pm
That's true but then they never know if its a lot or not! People always ask how much I bench, I say 250lb or so, and they say that's a lot. Then i tell them I pull up to 200kg and they just look at me like I've killed their mother!

As for the thread...I can't even imagine seeing 1300lb on a bar so I'll pass :-D

Yeah, U can pull 200 kg and I can pull down 80kg but ppl when see full rack being pulled they drop their jaw.

It's always how much can ya bench but pulling and squatting are more impressive for a true iron man...

But Bench is the only thing for show off I guess.

zubda345
05-14-11, 3:54 pm
Man I still can't get the objective of the title if this post. How can I be the first person to lift 1300lbs??

PS Don't say work ur ass ninja! lol

Deathride
05-14-11, 4:20 pm
Yeah, U can pull 200 kg and I can pull down 80kg but ppl when see full rack being pulled they drop their jaw.

It's always how much can ya bench but pulling and squatting are more impressive for a true iron man...

But Bench is the only thing for show off I guess.

Sorry I just reread what I wrote....I meant deadlifting 200k ;-D And the thread is a theoretical one....IF you were able to go for it, which would you want to be known as....the first man to bench, dead or squat 1300?

zubda345
05-15-11, 2:26 am
Sorry I just reread what I wrote....I meant deadlifting 200k ;-D

ohh lmao :D Well I can also deadlift 140kg for 4-5 reps thou.

zubda345
05-15-11, 2:29 am
I would like to b the 1st man to Bench 1300lbs because as I said before bench is know by all who are not even in lifting, so if it is to which it is, Bench will make the best show.

Cstlfx
05-15-11, 4:50 am
Hands down I'd want to be the person to deadlift 1300. If I could smash it Raw like Benni did with 1000, even better.

I mean how many have deadlifted 1000+ at the moment? 2? Its the hardest lift, and I'd like to be the best at what is hardest.

Tiny1102
05-16-11, 2:03 am
I actually get asked very often how much I squat, before they ask about my bench. lol

Tiny1102
05-16-11, 2:05 am
Just if you could. What lift would you hope it to be?

Man I still can't get the objective of the title if this post. How can I be the first person to lift 1300lbs??

PS Don't say work ur ass ninja! lol

Tiny1102
05-16-11, 2:06 am
I like this guy.

I would like to b the 1st man to Bench 1300lbs because as I said before bench is know by all who are not even in lifting, so if it is to which it is, Bench will make the best show.

zubda345
05-16-11, 2:13 am
I like this guy.

Thankx Tiny. U made me happy :)

Tiny1102
05-16-11, 6:55 pm
Ahhh, I made you smile. Have a great day. Not sure if this is good for the forum.

Thankx Tiny. U made me happy :)