PDA

View Full Version : Same old same old...a new trick

BigAnt
05-12-11, 1:46 pm
We all eat the chicken-rice-veggies/lean meat-potatoes....Right?

Well after over twenty years of the same foods, I have a little trick to get the foods down easier. I do cook my foods in advance (Sunday and Wednesday) I grill checken-meat and use my rice cooker for the rice. Now when I am home and have the time...I stir fry fresh veggies onions-peppers-brocolli in a non stick pan with Pam spray. Now I add the pre-cooked chicken and rice to this mix. Also a bit of olive or flax seed oil with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I saute this for about 5-7 minutes. It makes the pre-cooked foods taste like I just prepared them that minute.

When at work, I don't have the time for this luxury. But at home, it sure makes the food taste better and go down easier.

I do the same with egg whites-spinach and oats!

dannynb
05-12-11, 1:51 pm
We all eat the chicken-rice-veggies/lean meat-potatoes....Right?

Well after over twenty years of the same foods, I have a little trick to get the foods down easier. I do cook my foods in advance (Sunday and Wednesday) I grill checken-meat and use my rice cooker for the rice. Now when I am home and have the time...I stir fry fresh veggies onions-peppers-brocolli in a non stick pan with Pam spray. Now I add the pre-cooked chicken and rice to this mix. Also a bit of olive or flax seed oil with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I saute this for about 5-7 minutes. It makes the pre-cooked foods taste like I just prepared them that minute.

When at work, I don't have the time for this luxury. But at home, it sure makes the food taste better and go down easier.

I do the same with egg whites-spinach and oats!
My wife does this a lot for me as well.....good advice brother!

Rexor91
05-12-11, 4:30 pm
Yezzir!

BigAnt
05-12-11, 8:01 pm
My wife does this a lot for me as well.....good advice brother!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!

Your wife does it...WOW GOOD STUFF!

dannynb
05-14-11, 1:11 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!

Your wife does it...WOW GOOD STUFF!

Yeah she does most of my food prep. All I gotta do most of the time is throw it together and zap it in the microwave. I'm extremely lucky.

Gorilla.
05-14-11, 5:44 pm
nicee!

Rexor91
05-15-11, 2:13 pm
Yeah she does most of my food prep. All I gotta do most of the time is throw it together and zap it in the microwave. I'm extremely lucky.

Exremely lucky is an understatement lol, wife does the same.... she even follows my diet most of the time, that makes things 5 million times easier hahaha