PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend me? Stak, M-Stak or both?

DoubleM
05-13-11, 11:47 am
Hi,

I´m from Portugal and lifting about a year. I´m 31yo, weight about 75kg (165lb), 1.82m (5.97) and my body fat is around 18/19%. (one note: i lost everyday about 0,5lb / 0,7lb on bedtime)

Despite an evolution on strengh and lean mass, the process is being slow. For example, actually, on bench press i´m around 130lbs, what i consider a not so good mark for an one year of training, although i´ve started only with 90lbs.

Currently, i´m on Split workouts.

Day 1: Chest, Back, Bicep, Tricep
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Pause or Cardio
Day 4: Chest, Back, Bicep, Tricep
Day 5: Legs

2 Exercices for Chest, 2 for Back, 1 for Bicep, 1 for Tricep.
Repetions: 10,8,6,5,4 (increasing weight)

I´m having more results than the 3 day split i´m having before:

Day 1: Chest, Bicep
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back, Tricep
Day 4: Cardio

4 exercices for big muscle groups and 2 for small groups
Repetions: 12,10,8,6,12 (increasing weight except the last set which is the weight of first set)

My alimentation it´s not perfect but not bad

I want to speed up a little the progress and it seems the Stak and/or M-Stak are good produts for that but i´m on doubt if i should take Stak, M-Stak, both at same time or both on separated cicles..

I´m taking some other supplements (not from Universal):

Whey: Taken after workout
Casein: Taken before bed
Multi-vitaminic: One at breakfast, one after workout

I´ve tried monohidrate creatine before and didn´t see so much results on strength.

My goals are (order of importance): Lean mass gains (volume), strength and bf% reduction.

What do you recommend me?

Brick By Brick
05-13-11, 12:49 pm
I'd recommend M-Stak. Make sure you're getting enough to eat each day, hydration, clean cals with maybe a couple cheat meals each week. The nutrient partitioning elements of M-Stak will help you get lean, build muscle, get stronger. Just my very humble two cents. I'm sure one of the Forvm big dogs can give you some ideas as well. Best of luck to you, DoubleM.

DoubleM
05-15-11, 1:32 pm
Hi Brick,

Thanks for your answer.. I think i´ll go with M-Stak like you recommend.

It seems a good and balanced product. Stak seems more "agressive" and for now i think i´ll pass the testosterone game :)

Brick By Brick
05-15-11, 5:56 pm
Hi Brick,

Thanks for your answer.. I think i´ll go with M-Stak like you recommend.

It seems a good and balanced product. Stak seems more "agressive" and for now i think i´ll pass the testosterone game :)

No worries, bud. Stak is awesome, but my experience has been it lends a little better to a pure bulk, where one is trying to get bigger, not so worried about body fat reduction. M-Stak is a perfect storm for lean mass, strength, and potential for bf% reduction, if one's diet is solid/clean. I wish you luck, please keep us updated on your results.

Appollonian
05-16-11, 10:23 am
DoubleM, I'm not saying it's impossible to gain lean mass while losing bodyfat, but in my experience I have much better results much more quickly when focusing on one then the other. When I've had excess body fat in the past but still felt like I was 'too small' muscle wise, I first dropped the fat, then added as much muscle as possible.

If your progressing in your workouts and your supplements are in line, I wouldn't change too much there.

For the creatine that you didn't respond to, around what time were you taking it? On an empty stomach? The first time I've taken it, and every time since, there has been a difference, but a buddy of mine didn't have any results with mono, but with a comprehensive pre workout supplement (Shock Therapy) he reported gains and not just from the caffiene (he actually was taking powdered caffiene before at a higher dose then found in Shock Therapy).

DoubleM
05-17-11, 5:38 am
Hi,

When i was taking Creatine, i was taking after workout with Whey, Carbohidrates and multi-vitaminic. I felt the water retention (muscle not so rigid like before), some extra volume and thirsty (i drank a lot of water) but i don´t real feel any special extra strengh.. I think the small extra strengh i felt was placebo effect. Or maybe it was normal and i was expecting more results from that

I ordered yesterday the M-Stak, Real Gains and ZMA + Tribulus. From apart of that, i take Whey, Casein and Multi-vitaminic. I´ll make a 3 week cicle and see the results.. Then i´ll report the results

Appollonian
05-17-11, 7:41 am
Looking forward to your results.

C.Coronato
05-25-11, 1:32 pm
What is your diet looking like, if you are going to run M-Stak?