PDA

View Full Version : Rest

GUNS
05-15-11, 2:34 am
So I am over hear in Bahrain for which seems to be long as hell. So I don't do alot on weekend. They are off days from work but I still go in and workout.

My question is, if you had the oppertunity, would you sleep as much as possible on those days if you could?

This past weekend I did not workout because I have not had any real off days from work or working out in a few weeks. Plus I am taking a PT test on Tuesday and did not want to be too sore. But I found myself only catching little cat naps while I watched some tv. I am feeling like I should have just went and got in bed and slept.

Thoughts?

Back To Basics
05-15-11, 3:48 am
So I am over hear in Bahrain for which seems to be long as hell. So I don't do alot on weekend. They are off days from work but I still go in and workout.

My question is, if you had the oppertunity, would you sleep as much as possible on those days if you could?

This past weekend I did not workout because I have not had any real off days from work or working out in a few weeks. Plus I am taking a PT test on Tuesday and did not want to be too sore. But I found myself only catching little cat naps while I watched some tv. I am feeling like I should have just went and got in bed and slept.

Thoughts?

I try to sleep as much as I can ! I've been getting 9-10 hours and night it makes sooo much of a difference. I think you just have to switch off the computer, grab some MD to read and take a good shower than head off to sleep.

GUNS
05-15-11, 3:57 am
I do get about 8 hours a night. And I have read, watched, that some guys when they can, will take a 2 hour nap in the day. Talking about pro's here that have nothing else to do. Even House takes naps in his truck on his breaks from work. I can't afford it during the week, but I think I am going to start a scheduled nap on weekends.

Brick By Brick
05-15-11, 5:58 pm
I can and I do. I average 9-11 hours a night. For a short while, I'm not working, so I'm taking as much advantage of the down time as possible. It's a luxury and a blessing to be able to get that much sleep each night.

ionicrod
05-16-11, 1:19 pm
I have found the more rest the better. Especially if you have nothing beyond otc supps assisting your recovery. Just be weary of throwing off your sleep schedule.

stanzione
05-17-11, 11:24 am
Sleep is one of the three main componants to muscular development.. If you dont sleep, you dont recover.. I sleep any time i possibly can, and in your situation to answer your question, yes, id sleep those hours.

-Joe-

GUNS
05-17-11, 1:28 pm
Yeah, I have been thinking I will start my naps this coming weekend. I am staring a little cold so the more the better.

Jay
05-17-11, 4:57 pm
I work 3rd shift, and as much as i hate it- i try to get 7-8 hours a day. most people I work with dont even get 7 hours.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:22 am
I like this question. When I went to Vegas last. I actually slept a total of 24 hours in the first two days. I was there for 6 days and I averaged 10 hours each night. I really try to get more sleep when I can. I got mono my first year in college. Since then I really try to be careful and not get to warn out.

GUNS
05-18-11, 1:21 pm
Sometimes I feel bad sleeping too much, espescially when I am back home with the wife. I deploy so much, I just don't want to sleep our time away. But I figure when Im overseas, I will get as much as I can.