PDA

View Full Version : The Official Post-Arnold "The Cage" Impressions...

Universal Rep
03-05-07, 10:57 am
Post 'em here fellas, and share with the rest of us who couldn't make the trip. Post your comments, your insights, your experiences in The Cage--and don't be stingy. Thanks from all of who couldn't make it...

Mr.Totality
03-05-07, 11:29 am
I couldnt make the trip but would love to hear stories and see pics. Live vicariously through the brothers

determined
03-05-07, 11:32 am
I am 5'11", 265lbs. needless to say people stare, people move out to the way when I am coming through. Alot of times I feel people are intimidated by me, I feel I am looked at as an object instead of a person. I think this happens to alot of us.
I have a dog. Half Jack Russell, half Schnauzer, 18 pounds of blind fury, I have watched this dog go up aganist Chow's, Pit's and Rottweiler's, she has no fear. She may get her ass kicked but she will not back down from nothing. She would fight to the death for me. I think of her as my little girl, but really she is a dog, she is an ANIMAL. What gives her that deterimnation? What gives her that strength? Than Courage? Its her heart. In that 18 pound little body, is a 17 pound heart.
I was standing at the cage during Friday's bench press competition. People were lined up to get into the Bench Press Competition, so thery could get some free stuff. There were some big individuals revolving through there. Vinny was annoucing. He walked over to a kid that couldn't have been 65lbs. He looked like he was about 8 years old. Vinny asked him if he wanted to come in and do some push ups for some free stuff.
As ANIMALS we live by strength, honor and courage. I think some times we forget about the heart, it takes to do what we do. Its good to see people who do not forget where they came from.
Now I do not know who that kid was, and too be honest it doesn't really matter to me. But giving that kid a chance in the mist of all the weight that was being pushed in that cage, Vinny, that makes you one stand up Motherfucker in my book.
So this is a thank you to all the guys at the cage. Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Mr.Totality
03-05-07, 11:58 am
that sounded great, love to see the kids involved

Wasteland
03-05-07, 12:03 pm
that sounded great, love to see the kids involved

Agreed. To me, this is the true spirit of Animal... Animal is about heart and it's about community.

HAAS
03-05-07, 12:11 pm
I was there all weekend and loved it. Inside the cage was intence yet outside everyone was acting like pussy's. it seem that people were only there to get free shit. I was there to learn as much as I could form the people I read about and admire for there determination. Vinny, Machine, Wrath, G Diesel, House, J Rock. these guys were there giving class all weekend and on Sunday with Wrath and G Diesel, I was one of the only people asking question and trying to gain some knowledge form the men who live it everyday. So to the animal Crew Thank you for every bit of advise and knowledge that you were giving out it was UNMATCHED by any other Bull Shit company there.

Everyone else SACK UP, and LET Your BALLS hang out, and when they say make some noise bring the house down,so next year so no one even thinks of going any where but THE CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAS

widdlewade44
03-05-07, 12:18 pm
I am 5'11", 265lbs. needless to say people stare, people move out to the way when I am coming through. Alot of times I feel people are intimidated by me, I feel I am looked at as an object instead of a person. I think this happens to alot of us.
I have a dog. Half Jack Russell, half Schnauzer, 18 pounds of blind fury, I have watched this dog go up aganist Chow's, Pit's and Rottweiler's, she has no fear. She may get her ass kicked but she will not back down from nothing. She would fight to the death for me. I think of her as my little girl, but really she is a dog, she is an ANIMAL. What gives her that deterimnation? What gives her that strength? Than Courage? Its her heart. In that 18 pound little body, is a 17 pound heart.
I was standing at the cage during Friday's bench press competition. People were lined up to get into the Bench Press Competition, so thery could get some free stuff. There were some big individuals revolving through there. Vinny was annoucing. He walked over to a kid that couldn't have been 65lbs. He looked like he was about 8 years old. Vinny asked him if he wanted to come in and do some push ups for some free stuff.
As ANIMALS we live by strength, honor and courage. I think some times we forget about the heart, it takes to do what we do. Its good to see people who do not forget where they came from.
Now I do not know who that kid was, and too be honest it doesn't really matter to me. But giving that kid a chance in the mist of all the weight that was being pushed in that cage, Vinny, that makes you one stand up Motherfucker in my book.
So this is a thank you to all the guys at the cage. Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Great story determined and props to Vinny and all the other Cage brothers and sisters!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Bombshell
03-05-07, 12:26 pm
This was the first time I got to meet everyone and let me tell you, GRADE A class of people there. I've never met a group of guys and gals that were so willing to help out with ANYTHING you might need. I was there all weekend with my other half, Brian Weston, my brother and his wife bobby and Kathy Fields. We actually got to do a Nazbar bench press seminar on Sunday morning before our flight. That was one killer work out. A great big "THANKS" to Joe "The Lad" Lad for giving me some great advice in the deadlift and for commentating while we were lifting.
The Cage was intense and everyone inside gave 110%. But I have to agree with what the one guy said about the crowd being wussies. They didn't really cheer too much and I think they were there just to see what free crap they could get. Most of the "young" kids there were only out for that. Not a lot of questions asked but none the less, a great time with a great bunch of people.

Kathy Fields
03-05-07, 12:29 pm
First off, Bobby and I would like to extend a big and warm Thank You to Animal Pak for allowing us to do what we love to do most in the Animal Cage at the Arnold Expo. We are still on cloud nine over the entire experience. We cannot express how deeply we appreciated being in there and getting to meet the wonderful crew that ran the best spot in the house! These folks ran nonstop and brought to the expo the most enjoyable shop you could ever visit in any event or venue. They were extremely helpful, friendly and very professional. You cannot meet a greater group of folks anywhere and they really do know how to take care of the fans.

I don't know how to best describe the experience in The Cage other than feeling like being in a modern day coliseum. We lifters felt like the crowd's favorite gladiators doing battle with the iron. All the intensity and motivational cheers from the Animal Pak crew and crowd still gives me goosebumps. In powerlifting, performance during training and competition is dynamic in many ways. You never know if you're going to have an off day or experience injury until that day or moment arrives. To be able to perform with great intensity and have everything move smoothly many times requires even the planets to be aligned and all balanced with the universe it seems. We never know what kind of environment to expect when we go outside of our training home and have to be ready to do battle with whatever is thrown at us. This weekend we walked into an arena with a great setup, the best of the best in the world of iron supporting us, and great spectators who kept us motivated. We were very happy with our performance and managed to perform in one hour what usually takes us 3 hours to do on any typical training day. We walked away with one of the most memorable experiences of our lives and training sessions in our career. We definitely look forward to being there again next year.

Thank you so much for having us and providing us with such a fun and wonderful time!!!

speedster00
03-05-07, 1:27 pm
I stood at the cage for probably 3 hours on Saturday. Great place. some monsters in there. All though it was pretty funny when Vinny got challenged to push ups by a 9 year old.......and lost....That was awesome. Too see the raw lifting power of J-Rock is nuts.....he fookin warmed up raw bench with 500lbs... then pressed 635....no belt, no shirt....just chalk...and at a body weight of 250. Only guy I really got to meet was J-Dawg. had my coupon for the free cage shirt and I bought the "delts" DVD. Overall it was a great experiance. And one more thing....Wraths forearms are freekish. Just standing there he's extrememly vascular with some nasty meat hooks. And if Eric's (The House) calves get any bigger...there going to rub when he walks. Biggest I've ever seen.

Mr.Totality
03-05-07, 2:05 pm
I stood at the cage for probably 3 hours on Saturday. Great place. some monsters in there. All though it was pretty funny when Vinny got challenged to push ups by a 9 year old.......and lost....That was awesome. Too see the raw lifting power of J-Rock is nuts.....he fookin warmed up raw bench with 500lbs... then pressed 635....no belt, no shirt....just chalk...and at a body weight of 250. Only guy I really got to meet was J-Dawg. had my coupon for the free cage shirt and I bought the "delts" DVD. Overall it was a great experiance. And one more thing....Wraths forearms are freekish. Just standing there he's extrememly vascular with some nasty meat hooks. And if Eric's (The House) calves get any bigger...there going to rub when he walks. Biggest I've ever seen.

that is impressive

Universal Rep
03-05-07, 2:09 pm
First off, Bobby and I would like to extend a big and warm Thank You to Animal Pak for allowing us to do what we love to do most in the Animal Cage at the Arnold Expo. We are still on cloud nine over the entire experience. We cannot express how deeply we appreciated being in there and getting to meet the wonderful crew that ran the best spot in the house! These folks ran nonstop and brought to the expo the most enjoyable shop you could ever visit in any event or venue. They were extremely helpful, friendly and very professional. You cannot meet a greater group of folks anywhere and they really do know how to take care of the fans.

I don't know how to best describe the experience in The Cage other than feeling like being in a modern day coliseum. We lifters felt like the crowd's favorite gladiators doing battle with the iron. All the intensity and motivational cheers from the Animal Pak crew and crowd still gives me goosebumps. In powerlifting, performance during training and competition is dynamic in many ways. You never know if you're going to have an off day or experience injury until that day or moment arrives. To be able to perform with great intensity and have everything move smoothly many times requires even the planets to be aligned and all balanced with the universe it seems. We never know what kind of environment to expect when we go outside of our training home and have to be ready to do battle with whatever is thrown at us. This weekend we walked into an arena with a great setup, the best of the best in the world of iron supporting us, and great spectators who kept us motivated. We were very happy with our performance and managed to perform in one hour what usually takes us 3 hours to do on any typical training day. We walked away with one of the most memorable experiences of our lives and training sessions in our career. We definitely look forward to being there again next year.

Thank you so much for having us and providing us with such a fun and wonderful time!!!

Love the Roman references K... The same vibe in The Cage is here in The Forvm... The Cage is the embodiment of all that we do. It's an opportunity to bring the website alive and meet all the people who give the brand life... Glad you had such a great time.

irondoc
03-05-07, 2:26 pm
what a blast-this was my 1st time at the arnold and the cage made the trip worth while. All the guys were cool as hell, no matter how big (or small) someone was they looked at them with RESPECT. That was some cool stuff. The lifting was off the hook, Sgt Rock's 750 deadlift was unreal. And yes Wrath has some damn freakish forearms-those things had to be 18 inches!!! Machine gave a great seminar on Saturday and Vinnie was awesome on the mike. A class act all the way.

Punisher
03-05-07, 3:21 pm
a 300 pound freak tells you he feels small.....

BigAnt
03-05-07, 4:08 pm
Motivating, electrifying, awesome, got me fired up, damn those dudes are big, shit they are strong...words that where heard all weekend from The Cage.

I was very happy to meet and to talk to everyone in person, Vinny and Alex did a great job with the mic. Machine, Big Al, Wrath, Lad, Sgt. Rock, House and G-Diesel are much bigger in person, and can't forget J-Dawg, Punisher, Tom, and Jessica..all who did an excellent job. I had a little time to walk around and check out the other booths, sure with the
"throwing t-shirts" and rants-screams of their product line, the other booths did not impress me, no effort, no "let me help you" no I am hear for you attitude. The Cage was always crowded and from every Cage speaker to lifter...they did it for the people, the fans.

It was a No-Bullshit start and ended with No Bullshit. No fuss, no bells and whistles just people in The Cage to help, motivate, and educate the fans!

Glad to be a part of it and looking forward to next year!

BigAnt

Greco
03-05-07, 4:39 pm
Thanks to all for having the cage at the Arnold. My boys and me got in the the cage for the third year in a row still did my body weight at 235 for 20 reps not bad for 44 years old, still the Cage is the reason I keep going back.

J-Dawg
03-05-07, 4:56 pm
Haven't heard much other than The Cage is rocking... In fact, I was told as soon as the doors to the Expo opened, there was a line formed outside The Cage some 50+ deep, waiting for their free, limited-edition t-shirts... Also, Friday's lifting contests and free seminars were filling up mighty quick... Anyone else hear anything?

Man, the Cage was rockin' all weekend. We had those Cage shirts gone by early Sat.

As for the Animal seminars, these fellas are some real genuine dudes. They answered each and every question thrown at them. The seminar's kicked off with Vinny G. breaking down his diet, training and supplementation and then moved on to Big Al w/ special guest Big Ant (both more than worthy of their nicknames), the philosophical Machine, the massive House, and ended with the long awaited G-Diesel and Wrath seminar. These fellas gave out some real sound advice on all things bodybuilding related.

Here's a quick glimpse of some classic quotes that were overheard during the seminars and throughout the weekend:
Wrath: "I'd rather eat 100 eggs and puke then do 2 hours of cardio".

Machine: "I'd rather eat a turd than do cardio"

Machine: "I drink pure eggs. I can't stand the taste of cooked eggs. You gotta do what you need to in order to get in those calories."

G-Diesel: "You gotta eat big to be big. Sometimes to get in extra calories, I'll follow my meal up with a shake. When bulking you should never be hungry."

House: "In regards to your training volume... You need to experiment, find what works for you and stick to it."

Machine: "Building muscle is all about recovery. The things I put into my body are purely for the purpose of recovery."

Big Al: "It's tough eating on the road... sometimes it's rough getting all your meals in, that's why when dieting, I have to bring my food with me"

Vinny: "I get massive sugar cravings when first starting my diet. What I do is eat a little jelly to stabilize my blood sugar."

House: "When it gets closer to my show I get hunger cravings at night. Every night I do sit-ups or practice my posing... this helps me take my mind off of the cravings."

G Diesel
03-05-07, 4:59 pm

This is a strong woman fellas... "Man"handled 405 like it was nothing. Damn impressive. You, Bobby and Powerfreak brought it on Sunday--no doubt about that. Peace, G

Powerfreak
03-05-07, 5:41 pm
This is a strong woman fellas... "Man"handled 405 like it was nothing. Damn impressive. You, Bobby and Powerfreak brought it on Sunday--no doubt about that. Peace, G

As it has every year the Cage Rocked at the Arnold, it was definitely the place to be.
Although I managed to stretch a tendon in my leg during my squat warm-up,and had to end before I had even really started it was one hell of a good time in the Cage all weekend.
On Sunday we returned to the Cage, myself with one hell of a hangover, and were lucky enough to be able to run through part of what is normally the workout we do every Sunday at home only a lot faster. Bobby had an extra bench shirt for me to use and he was breaking in a new shirt.
The weight seemed to be flying for all of us, the energy in the Cage made it move even easier.
We are all looking forward to next year . If ya could not make it this year start your planning now for the next one, you've gotta see it to believe it.

Giant Killer
03-05-07, 6:43 pm
Great review J, I feel more like I was there now. Quality nuggets of wisdom to be heard.

gnoll5
03-05-07, 7:50 pm
anyone got some more pics? i enjoyed the pics on the other thread...anyone?

Sgt Rock
03-05-07, 8:12 pm
Big Ant is a big dude, and CERTAINLY eptiomizes the Animal lifestyle. It was our pleasure to meet you in person.

Gorilla
03-05-07, 8:28 pm
I stayed at the cage all day Sat and Sun. This was my first year at the arnold classic, and I must say I was very impressed with how cool everyone was. Machine and Wrath autographed some posters and took some great pictures. I will post some pics up tomorrow when I get my camera back. I think it was great how the guys were out there giving advice regardless of size. I am still on cloud nine. Thanks again Brothers!!

Sgt Rock
03-05-07, 8:32 pm
We should be getting some group photos of all the Animal crew, and some videos of the powerlifting up soon. I am STILL stoked about it. It takes me a week to calm down once I get home. You guys ROCK.

Madcat
03-05-07, 8:52 pm
So this was my first Arnold Classic, but shit they should just name it the Animal Classic.
Spent Saturday and Sunday at the Expo and basically focused most of my time at the cage. I can barely put into words what I felt/feel about it. Id been having some doubts about if I could ever truly get to the point I wanted to get to and after seeing the guys in there, getting my pic take with Joe and several sweet pics of Al, Wrath, and all the other guys/gals, I realized I can do anything I want.
The guys were all so personable and friendly. I got and right away was taling to all the guys outside the cage and even when they were just walking around. Stopping to take pics and talk about pretty much anything.

I just wish I couldve spent even more time there meeting more of the guys and getting more info from them. Seminars were amazing, the lifts were crazy.
Mad props and love live the Animal.

J-Dawg
03-05-07, 9:39 pm
Big Ant, is a total stand-up guy and massive natural bodybuilder. Glad to have put the face to the name. Nice meeting you big fella.

Frank_The_Tank
03-05-07, 10:25 pm
Great quotes

J-ROCK
03-06-07, 1:17 am
I had a great time this weekend hanging out with all the guys (and girls) there. I don't think I've met a cooler group of people than I did in The Cage. The energy level being pumped out by The Cage was unreal. Between Vinny on the mic with the bench and curl competitions, the loud music, Becca squatting and deadlifting, Sgt. Rock deadlifting, Lad deadlifting, Byrd squatting, and just about half the people who lifted on the mainstage hanging out in the cage like Kara, Wolfe, and Kennelly, I can't see how someone could go there and not get an insane adrenaline rush. Thank you Wrath for making me hate my forearms and another thanks to House for making me do calve raises on the plane ride back. I hope to see everyone again next year and hopefully I'll have a little better luck on the bench. I only wish my FL ass brought warmer clothes, we don't have that white stuff on the ground down here...Take care.

J-ROCK

hjayss
03-06-07, 2:08 am
Close your eyes it is like you are there man that is a good summery thanks for taking the time to do that I appreciate that bro.

hjayss
03-06-07, 7:59 am
big ant Bro you have a back in his likeness bro I am trying to build a back like that bro. The wideness the thickness bro I gotta give you the props on that bro do you feel that is your best part that is all we see on your article you wrote a while back.

Mr.Totality
03-06-07, 8:14 am
We should be getting some group photos of all the Animal crew, and some videos of the powerlifting up soon. I am STILL stoked about it. It takes me a week to calm down once I get home. You guys ROCK.

cant wait for the pics man. I wish I could have been there

hotrod
03-06-07, 8:36 am
With this being my first Arnold, I can't believe how intense the cage was. I had a great time.

J-Rock- damn impressive on the bench man, made me want to go the gym and hit the weights.

PowerFreak- hope the quad heals up soon and you can hit that 1000 mark.

Yo Vinny- good to meet you too, watch out for guys trying to throw barbells at ya.

And to the rest of the animal crew it was nice to finally meet all of you also, see ya next year.

-hotrod

Vinny G
03-06-07, 9:43 am
Whats up -

i dont know where to begin.
from joe lad to sgt rock....to becca, it was as insane as ever.

machine looking like a MACHINE, growing into a superheavy wt.
and j-dawg was super cool....and big al was funny as shit, al has one of the funniest dry sense of humors i ever been around.

jess ran the ship, and let us animals do our thing....a BIG thank you to jess.

Alex could not play the music any freakin louder...or i was gonna kill em...lol

for ALL the fans who came by...THANK YOU -

We hope you guys enjoyed the CAGE.

Segansational
03-06-07, 10:09 am
Couldn't make it to the Arnold. Hopefully next year. It sounds crazy though! I've seen a few pictures as well. What type of seminars/classes were you guys running?

ldskenpo
03-06-07, 12:35 pm
I am saving up the money for me nd my wife to go next year, it took us a couple years and an army mwr program to get us to vegas in 04 for a martial arts camp, so hopefully we can do it next year for the Arnold. Just hope that i am in country at this time next year.
from what everyone says, sounds like it was an experience for a lifetime.

Jfleenor
03-06-07, 12:45 pm
this weekend at the expo was ridiculous, bought some animal stuff, got posters out the wazu, watched you guys do what you do best, I loved it. keep it up!

Phil800101
03-06-07, 1:14 pm
The expo was awesome, and the cage was by far the best part. It was great to get to see the Animal crew in person, and to get to meet and talk to some of you guys. I didn't get a chance to see most of the demos/seminars, but I did get into the cage for the Wrath/G-Diesel seminar, which was really inspiring. All in all, it was a great experience and I can't wait for next year!

Hebe31
03-06-07, 8:57 pm
Its my third consectutive year at the Arnold and the CAGE keeps getting better. So friday we get there at noon, i go to the cage immediately to get my free cage shirt. Soon Srgt. Rock is pullin up 750 just freakin awsome!!! the Cage was rockin. It was absolutely inspiring. Then not just one deadlift show, Lad goes in there and pulls like 725!!! Saturday was kick ass too. Byrd squating 900 lbs, i got to sit right it the cage while he was doing it, so sick. big J rock then goes and benches 635 RAW! blows my mind. Then sunday we got to sit in for the seminar with Wrath and G diesel. they answered everybodys questions and told us of there knowledge of bodybuilding. You better believe i took it all in. Special thanks to Srgt. Rock for talkin to me about my own deadliftin. I was so pumped from the cage i went in on monday and pulled a new personal best 535. don't worry rock no straps. Its just like G diesel said its so inspiring to get home and lift after the arnold. The Animal guys are the best, can actually talk to the guys without them trying to sell u something. Keep up the good work bros and i cant wait till next year. Oh and the new flex fit hats, real nice.

Big Al
03-07-07, 12:23 am
Hey guy,I had a blast.This was the first time I got to meet some of the crew and they were all great.And our animal girls were the best,they were HOT and NICE.You don't see that everyday.lol

memo22
03-07-07, 7:56 am
The Cage was awesome, saw some guy bench 805lbs. Got a pic with Wrath and talked to machin. Awesome weekend and the prices of the animal supps were great.

OSUrookie
03-07-07, 1:17 pm
The Arnold was amazing and The Cage made it even better. This was my first year at the arnold and sure as hell won't be my last. I had a great time meeting some true animals like Machine, G-Diesel, and The Lad. I was greatly disappointed that i didn't get to see Wrath. I was there friday and saturday until about 5ish, but i don't believe Wrath was there yet. I asked about him, and some fellow animals said he would be there later. I guess i'll have to wait another year to meet an amazing lifter and a great source of inspiration.

Sgt Rock
03-07-07, 1:42 pm
Tell me how to post em......

J-Dawg
03-07-07, 2:36 pm
Tell me how to post em......

Sarge if they are jpegs (it'll say .jpg at the end of the file name) you should be able to upload them as attachments.

Another option is to save them to a place like photobucket.com or another picture hosting website and then use the picture file name and post 'em that way.
If you need further help, pm me.

AU_Lifter
03-08-07, 2:21 pm
The Cage was one of the best things I have ever come across in my life! I swear I stood there for hours just staring in amazement. I got to meet Lad, Sgt.Rock, Wrath, G-Diesel, and House. That was like a dream come true and motivation all in one. When I got back I had the best lifting day I ever have. Just thinking about what can be done with some nutrition, training, and hard ass work pumps me up! Already am anxious for next year!!!

pfelder
03-21-07, 10:54 pm
is hte arnold expo always in columbus ohio? i missed it this year because fo work but was not sure if it was always held int he same place or not. no matter what i am going next year

futilekyle
03-21-07, 11:08 pm
The cage was an awesome time. Vinny was a real funny guy and down to earth along with Wrath and G Diesel. They all just seemed to be people you could relate to, and they seemed to have a genuine want to help all of us. Can't wait till next year, when I plan to be way bigger, maybe with some before and after photos. I'll still feel real small at that event.

Oh yea, our crowd needs to get fired up, I started screaming for one of the lifters and all these kids just turn and stare at me. Weak.
Next year, we gotta make it happen.

knuckles
04-05-07, 12:35 am
I got to experience the Arnold Classic for the first time this year and let me tell you it was an experience. The Cage was the baddest thing I've ever seen. I was only there on sunday and I got to hear Wrath and Vinny and a couple of the other guys talk. They are all stand up guys like everyone else has said. I just recently got into lifting and being at the Classic and seeing all you guys at The Cage just motivated me more to get in the gym. Everyone at the cage gave some good advice and I just wanted to say thanks for all the great information and motivation. I've been reading the Journey about Wrath and it has been so motivational. I'm just really glad I got to go there and hear what everyone had to say. It has been very helpful and I can't wait to go back next year.

Also I wanted to tell everyone that I got to meet Wrath. As I said I've been following his journey and I really wanted to get a chance to meet him at the Classic. I was walking after I heard the guys talk at the Cage and I went back over to see if I could get a chance to talk to him a bit, but he wasn't there. So my friend and I decided we would just go walk around and check out some other stuff and we were over by the UFC stuff and I just happened to turn around and Wrath was standing right behind me. I walked up to him and started to talk with him. I was very intimidated at first, but quickly learned he was a cool guy and legit guy. I got to talk with him for a few minutes and got his autograph too. I came back to school and immediately hung up my poster that he signed. Just wanted to say thanks man and let all you guys know how badass THE CAGE was and that you all should be there next year if you get the chance.

-knuckles-

G Diesel
04-05-07, 10:23 am
is hte arnold expo always in columbus ohio? i missed it this year because fo work but was not sure if it was always held int he same place or not. no matter what i am going next year

Always in Columbus, OH bro... We look forward to seeing you next year. Peace, G

G Diesel
04-05-07, 10:25 am
The cage was an awesome time. Vinny was a real funny guy and down to earth along with Wrath and G Diesel. They all just seemed to be people you could relate to, and they seemed to have a genuine want to help all of us. Can't wait till next year, when I plan to be way bigger, maybe with some before and after photos. I'll still feel real small at that event.

Oh yea, our crowd needs to get fired up, I started screaming for one of the lifters and all these kids just turn and stare at me. Weak.
Next year, we gotta make it happen.

You ain't the only one that feels small at the Arnold bro... Haha. But there is no greater motivating factor than that. Peace, G

Spikes079
04-08-07, 12:01 am
I'm about 160 lbs. and two weeks befor the cage I put up 305 lbs. for the first time ever on bench so I was pumped going into the cage. I was one of the last guys in the bench contest on Saturday and I don't know what happened but I choked... I was hoping to just push out my weight for about 15 reps. But I didn't put it up 15... I BARLEY knocked out 10...10! I was so disgusted with myself I walked out completley down. But I've decided next year I'm hoping to weigh about 175 lbs. and I WILL put up 205 lbs. at least 15 times.After an embaserment such as this there is know why I can back down now...

J-ROCK
04-10-07, 3:37 am
Don't be too hard on yourself bro, there are a lot of factors that play into a benchpress. Did you eat like you should've the day before as well as the morning of? Were you getting sick? Did you get enough sleep? Did you already train that week? Also, there is a big difference between lifting heavy for a one rep max and repping out your bodyweight. I'll be honest, I have no idea what I can do with my bodyweight. I know what I can do with 3 plates, 4 plates, etc. but it is totally different lifting. Don't be too hard on yourself, but remember it, how it made you feel, and come back and blow yourself out of the water because he is your biggest competitor and the only one that matters.

J-ROCK

Elite
01-01-08, 8:31 pm
This is gettin me pumped for The Cage '08!

norrim1
01-01-08, 9:21 pm
This is gettin me pumped for The Cage '08!

Digging through the archives I see...haha. Yeah, it's going to be awesome in 08. Can't wait to post my page long thoughts in the thread that gets made!