PDA

View Full Version : "You gotta stop training"...

thebigone
05-17-11, 7:37 am
May, Friday the 13th. Not the familiar movie but a familiar painful leg day. It's the day which in the weight room I stay in a place called 'Frenzy'. Others call it madness. I'm mean, nasty and brutish. I was under the squat rack and sweat was already rolling down my forehead. I load up the bar with plates and something irresistible comes alive in me. 530 Pounds. Double my weight. Heavy duty, raw. Hugged it, closed my eyes, legs shaking and start repping. It was an all out war. I knew that if something went wrong, it could be the last set that I could ever possibly do. A set where it could change my life entirely. A set where I knew that when I'm done I'm just an inch closer to my goal, or a meter away.

Two days later I ended up in hospital. Pain in the stomach area. Serious pain. What is it? I don't know...They call it hernia. Hernia to a serious point. What's hernia? According to wikipedia hernia is developed when pressure in the compartment of the residing organ is increased. Fuck. It's painful. If you ever squatted heavy shit to the ground you're just filling the pain already. Squats pulls everything. The power you give for every rep, nothing can describe it. Veins popping from toes to forehead. An excercise which you give everything you've got, each rep. Now imagine squatting and popping your hernia. Although its painful I signed few papers and skipped the operation. Happy enough, I start thinking of my tomorrow's workout.

Few hours later an asshole called a doctor comes with a cool idea and without a second thought spits out, "You gotta stop training"...
Seriously. I think he said it a thousand times or it boomed a thousand times in my ear. Is it the only phrase he said or? I remember nothing more. I don't wanna know nothing more. I got blind, deaf. I instantly felt each rep of the 500 plus pounds on the squat rack. Pain everywhere. Speechless and tears. I thought animals never cry but I tell you this. Animals do cry.

It's been almost two years I've been busting myself to get an inch closer to this fucking endless goal. Everytime I step my foot in the jungle, I give my all. All this time I spent sweating my ass ain't for my family, my relatives, my girlfriend, my boss or the in and out chicks. Every painful day is mine. I'm not doing this for fame, glory, get some ass, to make money to pay my next bill but I do it for me. Each rep, set, workout, day, month and year. Each meal and lonely night...

Why? Why this happened to me? Why hernia? Have I done anything wrong? Did I cheated on my meals or did I skipped a meal? Did I cheated on workout or did I skipped a workout? Fuck I didn't. I was fighting for growth. I came to a point where I care about nothing but my meals, workouts and recovery. I hate alcohol, smoking, chocolates, sweets and sugar. I eat the same meals every day and puke on every other egg, cooking it again and sipping it down. It's what I gotta do. Everything else is useless. Pointless. Call it whatever, I don't give a !@#$.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not the biggest dude in the gym, the most competitive bodybuilder but all I know is when I'm under a 530 pounds on the squat rack and close my eyes, I feel a real Animal. I hit the weights as if i was the biggest dude on earth and I chew each meal as if I were an Olympia competitor.

There have been situations in my days that I've fucked up on, whether it's family, relatives, friends or a girlfriend but the weight I lift is my own personal liberation. The bars I lift include more than just the number of weight. They're much heavier than that. They hold inside them the days I've fell short, the relationships I've screwed up, the mistakes I've made with my family. Without that extra weight, I wouldn't have my motivation. I don't just train to look good or to get some chicks. I have to train. Only my kind of animal would understand my daily needs.

'YOU GOTTA STOP TRAINING'...
Here it comes again. Booms in my ear. Will I stop? Will I stop training? Will I stop giving my all every single day? Will I stop craving for fiber pain or will I stop starving for those inches to reach my goal? I can't and I won't. I'll never stop. No hernia and no asshole will stop me doing what I do.

My biggest bodybuilder inspiration, Frank Mcgrath torned his tricep while skullcurshing few years ago. Today, his busting him self in the weight room. Is he mentally stronger than me? Knowing that there's at least one person somewhere in the world that he's probably training harder than me, receives more pain than I do, sweats more than I do, giving he's all for each workout, makes my will more resolute. That guy that I'll never actually see but I know that he's out there somewhere, is my motivation.

Defeat, retreat. Those are not in my words. I don't understand those definitions. I don't understand when things go wrong. I don't understand mistakes. But I do understand victory and I understand never surrendering. No matter how bad things go my heart and my mind will carry my body through limits and weakness.

- Alex Tsouloftas

Bruiser
05-17-11, 7:47 am
Damn bro. Sorry to hear that. Let yourself heal and then come back stronger than ever. If you come back too soon, it could make things worse. Good luck.