PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes

BigAnt
05-17-11, 2:16 pm
5lb bags of red skin potatoes where buy one get one at the market...I cut them into cubes, placed on cookie sheets with pam cooking spray, seasoned with Old Bay, sea salt and garlic powder. Roasted in the oven for 1 hour at 350 or until lightly brown. I use them with my egg whites-grilled fish-chicken-red meat. I also do the same with yams!

Bruiser
05-17-11, 2:50 pm
Sounds good BigAnt. I might try these with supper.

Appollonian
05-17-11, 3:00 pm
Can't wait to try this. I like Sweet Potatoes for sure, but the inner kid in me still digs steak and potatoes like my grandpa used to make.

C.Coronato
05-17-11, 4:59 pm
Sounds great Ant!

SuperFlexSteve
05-17-11, 5:34 pm
I do this with natural grape seed oil and cracked pepper and sometimes a little garlic!! Best of all, the taters keep for a good while like this.

BigAnt
05-17-11, 11:34 pm
I do this with natural grape seed oil and cracked pepper and sometimes a little garlic!! Best of all, the taters keep for a good while like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah the fridge life is a good thing as well! Gotta try the natural grape seed oil and cracked pepper - thanks!

Big Al
05-18-11, 12:02 am
I like Potatoes

GUNS
05-18-11, 7:30 am
Man, I eat potatoes as much as I do sweet potatoes. I just fry them up in some olive oil, garlic. I do 9 eggs over easy, put them on top of the potatoes, when you cut them up, the yolks make a "gravy" for the potatoes. Oh, heaven!

mritter3
05-18-11, 9:02 am
sounds great ant....love the old bay seasoning...never used it on potatoes though...gonna have to try it.