PDA

View Full Version : Man I am tired

Tiny1102
05-17-11, 7:00 pm
You may not know, but I work from 7:30am till about 9:30 pm Monday thru Thursday and 11am till 6 pm Sat and Sun. I try to catch up on sleep when I can, but it is very hard. I have been on this schedule for the last two years. I am amazed with my numbers, because of the lack of rest. What Universal Supplement works really good for everyday energy and doesn't make you crash? I love my PM and it helps me get to sleep quick, but I just need something else to help me thru the day not just in training. Love to get some feedback. Thank you. And I know turning 40 in less than 2 weeks does not help. haha

BarbellManiac
05-17-11, 7:20 pm
Nap often, helps a lot. Life is tough, and living this lifestyle, because you love it should be something that should make you proud.

Tiny1102
05-17-11, 10:39 pm
Life is tough? Sorry, but I was not complaining about my life. Naps are great, but I do not have time.

Nap often, helps a lot. Life is tough, and living this lifestyle, because you love it should be something that should make you proud.

BCent
05-17-11, 11:00 pm
It might be kinda old school but ive always done well with Kwik Energy. I know for me working flex scheduling for my job it really helps me out on those days when im really dragging ass

ionicrod
05-18-11, 12:12 am
When in school, dealing with crazy schedules and deadlines habitually... after a while, no energy supp really helped me. Sounds like you;re in a tight spot, but I would be weary of relying on supps to keep you going.

I would recommend the occasional brewing of Green Teas with Lemon Ginseng. Dosnt have the bite of coffe, but will give you a nice boost.

What is your job where you work 14 hour shifts? That is an awkward shift time.

zubda345
05-18-11, 4:48 am
Take some holidays, visit some beacher or country sides or whatever u like. I guess that will refreshen u.

BarbellManiac
05-18-11, 6:17 am
lol ignore the stupid comment about life. I was arguing with someone in another forum and sub- consciously wrote that.

ghost
05-18-11, 8:26 am
try some Rage. :)

OR Universal Kwik Energy

Hollow
05-18-11, 8:38 am
try some Rage. :)

OR Universal Kwik Energy

I haven't tried Universal's Kwik Energy myself but I agree with Ghost, go with some Rage as it makes a difference on those days that you're dragging your feet.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 9:56 am
I wish

Take some holidays, visit some beacher or country sides or whatever u like. I guess that will refreshen u.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:00 am
I am looking for something during the day. I dont like using Rage unless I am going to compete or train very heavy. I dont want to get used to it. I have not tried the kwik energy yet.

I haven't tried Universal's Kwik Energy myself but I agree with Ghost, go with some Rage as it makes a difference on those days that you're dragging your feet.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:05 am
I have basically 3 jobs. I have my 730 to 430 job and then I am in the gym gym either training 12 to 15 clients a week or running the gym. And then I try to find time to train myself. Also, if I am putting a meet together. Well that is a whole other story.

When in school, dealing with crazy schedules and deadlines habitually... after a while, no energy supp really helped me. Sounds like you;re in a tight spot, but I would be weary of relying on supps to keep you going.

I would recommend the occasional brewing of Green Teas with Lemon Ginseng. Dosnt have the bite of coffe, but will give you a nice boost.

What is your job where you work 14 hour shifts? That is an awkward shift time.

Hollow
05-18-11, 10:08 am
I am looking for something during the day. I dont like using Rage unless I am going to compete or train very heavy. I dont want to get used to it. I have not tried the kwik energy yet.

Just speaking for myself, I prefer Shock Therapy for training verses Rage. I've used Rage a few times to help me make it through the day and it has definitely helped me out.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:10 am
What I am looking not for everyday, but I dont want to crash if I use it. I do drink coffee, but I feel I am drained later. If I keep drinking it, then my stomach will get upset.

ghost
05-18-11, 10:24 am
What I am looking not for everyday, but I dont want to crash if I use it. I do drink coffee, but I feel I am drained later. If I keep drinking it, then my stomach will get upset.

seriously, check out Universal Kwik Energy.

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 10:26 am
Will do. Thank you

seriously, check out Universal Kwik Energy.

ghost
05-18-11, 10:36 am
Will do. Thank you

anytime brother.

zubda345
05-18-11, 3:14 pm
I wish

Can't U??

Tiny1102
05-18-11, 3:26 pm
Just got a new job. Will get a week after one year

Can't U??

prowrestler
05-18-11, 3:27 pm
taking a stimulant is like using glue to fix a brocken column supporting your house

find out the reason you are tired would be step 1. then attack accordingly. i would rather take a product to increase the quality of your sleep. then check your diet. alot of truths are discovered when 1 digs through their diet and finds shit they did not pay attention to before

BigChrisF
05-19-11, 12:06 am
Sir, I take exception to that statement. There are some really good glues out there.

Tiny1102
05-19-11, 9:04 am
Sir, I take exception to that statement. There are some really good glues out there.

glues?

Tiny1102
05-19-11, 9:05 am
taking a stimulant is like using glue to fix a brocken column supporting your house

find out the reason you are tired would be step 1. then attack accordingly. i would rather take a product to increase the quality of your sleep. then check your diet. alot of truths are discovered when 1 digs through their diet and finds shit they did not pay attention to before

Thank you. I will start using my PM more often.

BigChrisF
05-19-11, 8:35 pm
glues?

Prowrestler likened the use of stimulants to that of using glue to fix a support column on your home. I believe that the insinuation was that doing so was a bad idea. However there are glues manufactured out there that could easily hold up your home.

It was mostly a smart-ass retort to the degradation of glue.

However I have no good response to the question at hand. I guess I just grew accustomed to being tired. By no means a desirable outcome. It just sort of came about.

Tiny1102
05-20-11, 4:30 pm
What are these glues?

BigChrisF
05-20-11, 6:29 pm
It would depend on what you are trying to glue. There are a lot of different formulations and which one depends on what you are gluing and what environment and use it will have. I am not familiar with the chemical names and past that they are listed by formulation numbers.

Examples would be what is commonly called construction adhesive. A lot of the support structure of homes are glued together because it is impractical to put nails or screws in that location.

Another one would be starting in the 90's some body styles of automobiles made clearances too tight to bolt the doors on. So most car and truck door hinges were glued on. And without the proper solvent that shit won't come off. In case of auto collisions, the steel tears first.

If you are looking for some sort of super glue, I would contact 3M or Loctite to get help with a proper application.

prowrestler
05-20-11, 6:40 pm
It would depend on what you are trying to glue. There are a lot of different formulations and which one depends on what you are gluing and what environment and use it will have. I am not familiar with the chemical names and past that they are listed by formulation numbers.

Examples would be what is commonly called construction adhesive. A lot of the support structure of homes are glued together because it is impractical to put nails or screws in that location.

Another one would be starting in the 90's some body styles of automobiles made clearances too tight to bolt the doors on. So most car and truck door hinges were glued on. And without the proper solvent that shit won't come off. In case of auto collisions, the steel tears first.

If you are looking for some sort of super glue, I would contact 3M or Loctite to get help with a proper application.

well ya learn somethin every day.,...

for glue boy, lets pretend i said scotch tape then lol

BigChrisF
05-20-11, 7:02 pm
well ya learn somethin every day.,...

for glue boy, lets pretend i said scotch tape then lol

Awww....You're such a sweetie...

Tiny1102
05-25-11, 9:14 am
I am going to have a sleep test done on me in the next few weeks. Hopefully, this will fix all my tired issues.

Appollonian
05-25-11, 9:20 am

Auto applications with glued on hinges... could you provide a link please? I haven't been in any Big 3 plants, but I've seen my share, Foreign and US domestic... Thanks!

BigChrisF
05-25-11, 10:04 pm
Auto applications with glued on hinges... could you provide a link please? I haven't been in any Big 3 plants, but I've seen my share, Foreign and US domestic... Thanks!

A link to what?

Cascade
05-25-11, 10:20 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but you could up your intake of b-vitamins. I feel pretty good on something like Universal EAA stack.

Appollonian
05-25-11, 11:45 pm
A link to what?

A link to an automotive application of glued on moving panels, please.

Appollonian
05-25-11, 11:53 pm
I don't doubt this, but every plant I've been to use traditional bolt on doors. The more high end plants use laser controlled robots to set an as perfect as possible fit to minimize rework. And dang, I'm sorry for going off topic...

BigChrisF
05-26-11, 1:20 am
I don't doubt this, but every plant I've been to use traditional bolt on doors. The more high end plants use laser controlled robots to set an as perfect as possible fit to minimize rework. And dang, I'm sorry for going off topic...

I don't have an internet link for life experience. I have only personally seen it on GM vehicles in the age range from '94 to '97. I can't testify to anything beyond that.

Big Mac
05-26-11, 2:47 am
I am going to have a sleep test done on me in the next few weeks. Hopefully, this will fix all my tired issues.

Bingo. Tiny, I know you are a heavier guy, and sleep apnea goes hand in hand with that. Getting tested would be a smart decision. Other then that, a few people brought up good points. 1)Diet. If your not taking in primarily quality foods, then your body could be lacking what it needs. 2)Supplementation. PM was great, Wish I could afford to spend 300$ a year on it tho. I stick with zma, and melatonitn. Also, up your vitamin intake. Pak + Multi-V later in the day could be beneficial.
I feel you on these long days, I myself work 16-17 hour days, then get into the gym.Its a pain in the ass.

Best of luck with everything brotha.

Tiny1102
05-27-11, 5:08 pm
Thank you

QUOTE=Big Mac;1115531]Bingo. Tiny, I know you are a heavier guy, and sleep apnea goes hand in hand with that. Getting tested would be a smart decision. Other then that, a few people brought up good points. 1)Diet. If your not taking in primarily quality foods, then your body could be lacking what it needs. 2)Supplementation. PM was great, Wish I could afford to spend 300$ a year on it tho. I stick with zma, and melatonitn. Also, up your vitamin intake. Pak + Multi-V later in the day could be beneficial.
I feel you on these long days, I myself work 16-17 hour days, then get into the gym.Its a pain in the ass.

Best of luck with everything brotha.[/QUOTE]