PDA

View Full Version : How hard should the weightlifting be during a cut?

toothpicklegs
05-22-11, 7:09 am
I'm on my first cut that I've taken seriously...
when I've been cutting before I've never really gone so low in fat%, just got rid of the chubby-ness and got back to bulking...

But now I'd like to go low, feel what it's like.

I'm pretty certain about the diet and cardio, but what I'm unsure of is how to modify the weight-training.

Should I do fewer sets/ exercises or should I keep going the same?

Reason I ask is because I'm not sure how the recovery of muscles work during a calorie deficit.(even if I keep the calorie intake relatively high during the 3-5 hours post training)

So basically; should I worry about breaking down muscles too much with too intense workouts when I'm on a cut?

Toro
05-22-11, 7:14 am
Keep the weights heavy and the intensity high, you don't want to go away from what gave you the muscle initially.

If you feel your ability to recover from the workouts has gone down consider taking more days off.

P-rick
05-22-11, 10:20 am
Im currently on a cut too and I go balls to the walls, especially with cardio (which I hate).

BarbellManiac
05-22-11, 10:26 am
On the last few weeks where your bodyfat is too low, maybe cut back on the weight just to ensure you don't get injured. Lots of bodybuilders including Dorian admitted to this mistake, that if they decreased the weight, they could have prevented the injuries. Otherwise train heavy.