PDA

View Full Version : There is a article in this months Powerlifting USA

Tiny1102
05-24-11, 9:15 am
It says that benching with a wide grip is really good for the pecs. Unless your benching with your elbows completely flared out, this is wrong. My picture is used in the article and yes I do bench with a wide grip, but my pecs are not used very much when I bench. I keep my elbows in and never flare them out. My bench mainly uses my lat and tricep muscles.

Brick By Brick
05-24-11, 11:05 am
It says that benching with a wide grip is really good for the pecs. Unless your benching with your elbows completely flared out, this is wrong. My picture is used in the article and yes I do bench with a wide grip, but my pecs are not used very much when I bench. I keep my elbows in and never flare them out. My bench mainly uses my lat and tricep muscles.

I concur. I do the same thing, and rarely ever feel much in my pecs when I bench. Granted, I don't bench very much, but I have in the past. Not too long ago.

zubda345
05-24-11, 12:24 pm

Once I opened a wide grip for benchin and I didn't felt it on pecs... Thatkx for the heads up.

Tiny1102
05-25-11, 12:31 am
I really did not understand the article.