PDA

View Full Version : Great article!

GUNS
05-25-11, 2:22 pm
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/news/bodybuilding-news/2200-iron-and-the-soul.html

This is a great article from a legend in punk! I know the words he speaks o-so-well. This so reminded me of me growing up.

rev8ball
05-25-11, 2:43 pm
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/news/bodybuilding-news/2200-iron-and-the-soul.html

This is a great article from a legend in punk! I know the words he speaks o-so-well. This so reminded me of me growing up.

I remember the first time I read this article years ago. Hit home then, now, and forever. HR is a fuckiing genius, from when he performed, to now doing the spoken word.....

Brick By Brick
05-25-11, 2:45 pm
Love Henry Rollins. If you like the article, take the time to read some of his books. They are worth it.

G Diesel
05-25-11, 3:04 pm
An awesome article that I've echoed in some of the stuff I've written over the years... Some very profound sentiment there. Thanks for sharing that with us, it encouraged me to read it again anew, and I understand it even better now than maybe I did initially.

I liked this part a lot, reading it now and I didn't remember it from before...

"Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body. Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn't see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you're made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live."

Peace, G

Imjorman
05-25-11, 3:15 pm
Such a great article, thanks so much for sharing. A little reminder about the reasons people get involved in this game.

Phil800101
05-26-11, 12:28 pm
A classic.

I remember the first time I read this article years ago. Hit home then, now, and forever. HR is a fuckiing genius, from when he performed, to now doing the spoken word.....

Love Henry Rollins. If you like the article, take the time to read some of his books. They are worth it.

Hank is the man. His books are definitely worth it, and I recommend seeing him do one of his talking shows if you have the chance. I've seen him live five times now, and I've taken something away from every show.

Not to mention that Black Flag/Rollins Band is some badass music to train to. Listen to "The End of Silence" or "Weight" and try to have a bad workout, I dare you.

Brick By Brick
05-26-11, 1:30 pm
A classic.

Hank is the man. His books are definitely worth it, and I recommend seeing him do one of his talking shows if you have the chance. I've seen him live five times now, and I've taken something away from every show.

Not to mention that Black Flag/Rollins Band is some badass music to train to. Listen to "The End of Silence" or "Weight" and try to have a bad workout, I dare you.

x2. I am sad I have missed seeing him speak so far. Hopefully someday soon.