PDA

View Full Version : Type 1 diabetes and Stak/Test

Palmer
05-25-11, 9:45 pm
Type 1 diabetic insulin dependent. I'm on a pump so i have constant insulin into my body and can manage it a little easier than taking injections mutiple times day. I'm only 18 so i'm not looking into test supps till im a little older but i've read that diabetics shouldn't be taking test supps. something to do with it can lower blood sugar to dangerous levels? does anyone have any experience with this or know why this can happen? i don't want to take anything dangerous but if its just a blood sugar control issue then i want to look into it

Phil800101
05-26-11, 4:22 am
Talk to your doctor when the time comes. Honestly, despite all the knowledge and experience here for something as serious as diabetes I wouldn't look to an internet forum for answers.

Jay
05-26-11, 4:31 am
Talk to your doctor when the time comes. Honestly, despite all the knowledge and experience here for something as serious as diabetes I wouldn't look to an internet forum for answers.

This... I can relate to your frustrations regarding medical conditions and supps. Best bet is to talk to your doctor.

ghost
05-26-11, 7:37 am
As no one on this board is a Board Certified Licensed Doctor, go speak to yours.. do the safe thing.

Palmer
05-27-11, 6:40 pm
Definatly will get the doc's opinion when and if i decide to try these out, just wanted to see if anyone had had any experience with this before. thanks guys

Cheers

C.Coronato
06-01-11, 12:56 pm
How did it go brother? Did you get to talk with him?

Palmer
06-01-11, 10:20 pm
Not yet i have a specific diabetic doctor and i don't see him until mid july.