PDA

View Full Version : iBodybuilder Threshold Hypertrophy Program

Carrnage
06-08-11, 11:30 pm
Pretty cool training article and training program/video series. But alot of it seems like advertising. But hey it was entertaining!

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/i_bodybuilder_radical_strategy_for_radical_hypertr ophy#playVid

Carrnage
06-08-11, 11:44 pm
just watched the whole series, you gota go to articles section then scroll down to ibodybuilder here

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_muscle_anaconda/anaconda_protocol#5-8211-training-program/phase-1-8212-shoulders/monday

thats the training program section

this shit impresses me, i would think this would be for a powerlifter?

Sinister_TES
06-08-11, 11:51 pm
Powerlifters tend to be more concerned the with CNS and do use alot of these partial movements, so I can definatley see why you might make that observation.

It seems to be a very unique style of training thats for sure. As for the claims they made about 27 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks seems slightly over exaggerated. It would be interesting to see a person ina anormal gym environment run this program for a couple months and come back with their resaults

Carrnage
06-09-11, 12:22 am
Powerlifters tend to be more concerned the with CNS and do use alot of these partial movements, so I can definatley see why you might make that observation.

It seems to be a very unique style of training thats for sure. As for the claims they made about 27 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks seems slightly over exaggerated. It would be interesting to see a person ina anormal gym environment run this program for a couple months and come back with their resaults

x2

Carrnage
06-09-11, 12:27 am
This wouldnt be such a bad idea for a powerlifter to incorporate in their training, as to their's actually science and reason behind it as to a powerlifters usual reason...."low rep heavy weight west side barbell shit" lol

Sinister_TES
06-09-11, 12:29 am
care to be the guinea pig Carrnage

Sinister_TES
06-09-11, 12:35 am
This wouldnt be such a bad idea for a powerlifter to incorporate in their training, as to their's actually science and reason behind it as to a powerlifters usual reason...."low rep heavy weight west side barbell shit" lol

careful there you are talking to a powerlifter lol. well actually powerbuilder but still... westside princeples have actually alot of study behind them, louie simmons knows his shit and produces some of the best lifters in the world. But i can understand the consensus. Alot of peolpe just go in and max out every week on bench press and call themselves powerlifters. It would be really interesting to incorporate some of his techniques for assistance exercises and maybe the odd main lift though

BarbellManiac
06-09-11, 12:42 am
Interesting thing to try, but definitely not for a beginner. Complicating things this much can only be done when your quite experienced.

Carrnage
06-09-11, 12:49 am
Interesting thing to try, but definitely not for a beginner. Complicating things this much can only be done when your quite experienced.

x2

Sinister_TES

Yes I agree completely. At first I thought alot of it was jsut random and think I might have a hard time keeping track of everything I am supposed to be doing haha

Carrnage
care to be the guinea pig Carrnage

huh?

Carrnage
06-09-11, 12:51 am
careful there you are talking to a powerlifter lol. well actually powerbuilder but still... westside princeples have actually alot of study behind them, louie simmons knows his shit and produces some of the best lifters in the world. But i can understand the consensus. Alot of peolpe just go in and max out every week on bench press and call themselves powerlifters. It would be really interesting to incorporate some of his techniques for assistance exercises and maybe the odd main lift though

my bad haha, and yes you are so right about people doing maxing out on lifts every week and calling themselves a powerlifter!!

Sinister_TES
06-09-11, 12:56 am
huh?

I jsut think you would be the perfect candidate to take this routine for a test run and let us know the resaultshaha

my bad haha, and yes you are so right about people doing maxing out on lifts every week and calling themselves a powerlifter!!

Ya people jsut need to learn to read and read and actually figure shit out instead of jsut assuming they know what to do. I used to dedicate about 2 hours a night to jsut reading forums and articles.

Carrnage
06-09-11, 1:42 am
I jsut think you would be the perfect candidate to take this routine for a test run and let us know the resaultshaha

Ya people jsut need to learn to read and read and actually figure shit out instead of jsut assuming they know what to do. I used to dedicate about 2 hours a night to jsut reading forums and articles.

I think thats what makes champions in bodybuilding/powerlifting!

Carrnage
06-09-11, 1:51 am
heres there youtube channel on how to increase squat,deadlift,bench,overhead press.....pretty good shit

http://www.youtube.com/user/TestosteroneNation#p/c/016FF9A7F6E2D32D

zubda345
06-09-11, 3:54 am
The training program is released??? But should I try it?? I mean it's for those who are in for a ling time.

BarbellManiac
06-09-11, 12:21 pm
The training program is released??? But should I try it?? I mean it's for those who are in for a ling time.

Stick to the basics for now, no need to get this complicated. This stuff works much better for people with people with years of training experience who need to go above and beyond. They know their body inside and out.

Bruiser
06-09-11, 12:28 pm

Didnt U just start a new program?

BarbellManiac
06-09-11, 12:37 pm
lol Yeah, let blood and guts do it's trick for a few months.

zubda345
06-09-11, 2:22 pm
Didnt U just start a new program?

Yes, I quited Bosshogg and started DY's B&G, checkout my log.

lol Yeah, let blood and guts do it's trick for a few months.

lol I was just wonderin...

Carrnage
06-09-11, 4:20 pm

Yeah what Barbell said....this is way too complicated you would get confused way to much. But id incorporate some of the techniques and exercises they use. Like rack pressing from pins, and starting every workout with a heavy compound movement (OBVIOUSLY) to get the nervous system ramped up so you can get a benefit from every workout.

zubda345
06-10-11, 1:35 am
Yeah what Barbell said....this is way too complicated you would get confused way to much. But id incorporate some of the techniques and exercises they use. Like rack pressing from pins, and starting every workout with a heavy compound movement (OBVIOUSLY) to get the nervous system ramped up so you can get a benefit from every workout.

hmm I ain't starting it now...

Carrnage
06-10-11, 2:28 am
hmm I ain't starting it now...

Continue to hit the compound movements heavy and hard, strict form always, and eat a ton of quality calories. HIT cardio 1-2 times a week to keep fat down. Do that for years and youl build up a solid physque.

Carrnage
06-10-11, 2:35 am
I like how Christian was talking about how the nervous system is the boss and people always think its only about training the muscle....shit if building the muscle was "only" about training the muscle....cable crossovers would give anyone a Arnold sized chest.

zubda345
06-10-11, 8:30 am
Continue to hit the compound movements heavy and hard, strict form always, and eat a ton of quality calories. HIT cardio 1-2 times a week to keep fat down. Do that for years and youl build up a solid physque.

I will for sure...

I like how Christian was talking about how the nervous system is the boss and people always think its only about training the muscle....shit if building the muscle was "only" about training the muscle....cable crossovers would give anyone a Arnold sized chest.

110% agreed, I see many ppl just training training and training but without thinking. And if u tell em something they still won't even try to think on it... Many ppl do biceps 4 days a week here lol

JasonG
06-10-11, 9:06 am
TMuscle has some interesting articles but I think my favorite part is the home page, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the big box ;)

Sinister_TES
06-10-11, 9:58 am
As I slowly work my way through this videos, Christian's scientific thought process and ideas impress me more and more. You can tell this is a man who has thought deeply about the most effiecient way to train strength athletes. Guys a fricken beast to, perfect size.

zubda345
06-10-11, 3:13 pm
TMuscle has some interesting articles but I think my favorite part is the home page, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the big box ;)

LMAO!!! that box has wonders in it. :D

Carrnage
06-10-11, 3:42 pm
As I slowly work my way through this videos, Christian's scientific thought process and ideas impress me more and more. You can tell this is a man who has thought deeply about the most effiecient way to train strength athletes. Guys a fricken beast to, perfect size.

Hell yeah nervous system for the win!

prowrestler
06-11-11, 10:59 am

what do you know about powerlifting? it is100% about science and mathematics. this comment is beyond ignorant

BarbellManiac
06-11-11, 11:37 am
what do you know about powerlifting? it is100% about science and mathematics. this comment is beyond ignorant

I agree, powerlifting isn't an easy sport, and this is not what a powerlifter would follow. Westside Barbell is no shit, it's one of the best powerlifting gym in the country, Louie Simmons is a world class trainer.

Carrnage
06-11-11, 4:06 pm

Woa Woa Woa, wasnt trying to hurt anyones feelings, I use to powerlift myself, did westside/ 5/3/1 and other templates and they worked out great! I know its about science and mathematics...but lets be real here, most powerlifters dont use their head. The ones that do....they succeed. Take Mr.Kroc for example, true beast and hes smart. Was my comment ignorant? Yeah i suppose it was, but coming from you pro, I know youl never ever agree with me even though im right, so let it rest will ya?

Carrnage
06-12-11, 9:08 pm
Smart move :)

TigerAce01
06-13-11, 10:32 am
Don't forget...you will literally die from this routine if you don't buy their $350 a month stack.

...anytime someone says that when trying to give you "the most advanced routine ever" is just marketing. No skin off my ass, everyone is in business to make money...but please don't steer ignorant folks down such a misinformed path.

-Ace

rev8ball
06-13-11, 6:06 pm
Alright, everyone, let's move along. If you can't be civil, then keep your traps shut, or take it to the PMs. Otherwise, I will do more than just call someone out.....

rev8ball
06-15-11, 10:11 am
Okay, guys, that's it. Obviously, you didn't take me seriously. Either one of you post crap like that again, and infractions will be handed out.......period.