PDA

View Full Version : This is my life...This is what i want to do.

Halfbred
06-13-11, 9:08 pm
We've all been there before. You wake up in the morning, Shit...time for work...time for the daily grind. We cant avoid work, its part of being a grown up, a responsible adult, and a man. But what do you do when your work schedule gets in the way of your training? Thats what i want to know. Im 23, and i work at an Oil Refinery in the maintenance department. In other words i fix broken shit for a living, whether it be pumps, pipe, fast lines, fin fans, burners etc. So here is my story, (consider this a blog for the fellow Animals who work a Laboring Job) Friday just last week i was putting the cone on top of a fin fan and shit went wrong. It started out like any other friday here in New Mexico...hot as fuck...and the sun is a shining. I go out to the unit at 0700 and prepare to guide the crane in so we can get this bitch bolted down. It ends up taking the crane 5 hours to get to the Refinery so we all decide to hit this after lunch...the hottest time of the day. Its now 1300 and we are ready to get this thing going. the crane lifts it up and places it down in the specified location. My foreman looks at me and is like " all right Vince lets get this shit done balls to the walls." So i climb inside the cone and start bolting it down...at this point im thinking god damn...its fucking hot...i check my cell phone...okay...ive been in for 10 mins...not so bad ill go for about 10 more mins and get this shit done so i dont have to come in tomorrow. I get to bolting down the cone and i start feeling light headed. "Hey Junior!!!! pass me up my water dude im fucking dying up here!" He passes me my water i put down my pin wrench and is tart feeling dizzy. I sit down and reach for my water and im out cold...My fellow co-workers found me lying in the bottom of the fin fan face down. Apparently they Screamed my name...Vince!!!! Vince!!! Vince!!!! Vince!!! and since i was unconcious i couldnt respond. So they have Rodney(big ol corn fed mofo) jump in and pick me up out of there. To skip all the boring stuff and safety issues. I found out that i was 105 degrees that day...and they checked the temperature in the fin fan...193 degrees. The period of time worked till they found me passed out...1 hour and 20 mins. My condition critical. The point of this story or blog is to get you alls opinion for one, and just share my experiences. I am very focused on my dream and achieving my dreams. I do want to be a bodybuilder and this is what i want to do. So my question to you my brothers and sisters is this. Should i find another job? A job less stressfull...and job that doesnt involve me risking my life for some bullshit oil company. Or, do i stick with this job since 1. the pay is damn good. 2. the hours are good. 3. weekends off. Help me out guys...i never want to spend time in the er again for being dehydrated and over worked like a peon.

Halfbred

Toonstar
06-14-11, 1:05 pm
I hear u amigo. You just gotta do what you gotta do 2 get the job done. I work in the building industry also, in the mortar pit, or I do hod carrying, nothing glamours but it pays for my milk and eggs. I have had 2 go 2 extreme lengths 2 eat and train while balancing my work life, and if you throw in family and a little pleasure time for the Mrs, it starts 2 get real deep. Its all about time management and preparation.

Food and eating on the go ain't a big issue 4 me. besides 2 protein shakes, I eat all of my solid food cold. Cans of tuna, raw-eggs mixed in with milk, pre-cooked chicken and fish. which i just throw down with warm water. I don't really fuck around with carbs, I just eat or should I say drink, an ocean of Oatmeal all day long. I just blend a massive jug up before I head off 2 work.

Doesn't sound very appealing but it is practical and works for me.

GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES...