PDA

View Full Version : Outer Lower Chest???

Matoltsy85
06-14-11, 9:24 pm
What chest exercises work the outer lower part of the chest. I have shape to my upper and inside chest but the outside of my chest wont grow to get that cup look.

Any help? Thanks

Brick By Brick
06-14-11, 10:02 pm
What chest exercises work the outer lower part of the chest. I have shape to my upper and inside chest but the outside of my chest wont grow to get that cup look.

Any help? Thanks

Perhaps some decline bench? What does your chest day look like right now?

Carrnage
06-14-11, 10:26 pm

Any help? Thanks

Develop your mid/lower pecs, flat bench/decline bench/dips will do you good. Feel the stretch at the bottom of the movement, contract while going up.

BigAnt
06-14-11, 11:26 pm
I think the shape of the pecs are genetic. Sure we all know there is no upper-outer-inner chest only pec major-minor right?! But hitting your pecs from different angles, varying your load (weights) and reps and training with good form, the entire pecs will grow. Now diet and eating is another topic...

I know some guys that walk by a bench and they get huge pecs, and me, after years years years of benching, it does not give me the same resutls....You gotta experiment to see what works for you...It's individual. Sure the magazines will say declines-cable x-overs-dips and flies will build that area up...Try it, if after 3-5 months if you see little or no improvement, try something else!

Matoltsy85
06-15-11, 12:09 am
Thanks for input. My chest routine right now looks like

Incline bench
4x10

Decline bench
4x10

Flat db bench
3x10

Every other week flat flys

Never really did dips for chest. Very seldom do I try that. Maybe ill throw those in for a while. Lean foward and dip right?

Not really focusing on isolation movement on chest right now. Just stickin to barbell mostly. Just really started doin decline every week about 3 weeks ago. Trying to see what results I get. I know a lot of guys who never do decline but got that bottem cut that I'm workin for. So maybe it is genetics but it really sucks I haven't been able to achieve that. Makes my chest look dumb.