PDA

View Full Version : Lift b4 Event?

Shorts
06-16-11, 11:35 am
Saturday morning There is a Fitness Challenge in Chicago in which I'm attending. Now Fridays I usually Squat/Deadlift/ & this week Bench. I plan on competing hard in this event. I enjoy competing. Part of me still wants to hit the Gym, But Part of me wants to recovery completely. Think even if I went to lift, Lift light?

http://www.mensfitness.com/sports/sports-training/2011-ultimate-athlete-challenge

Bruiser
06-16-11, 11:48 am
What events are you going to do?

Shorts
06-16-11, 11:50 am
Combine
Quarterback toss
Obstacle course

I'll possibly give the others a shot

Bruiser
06-16-11, 12:03 pm
If you're going to try the combine and obstacle course I would say to not train earlier. Maybe go in and do a light full body circuit to get your body good and warmed up so you can perform better during the challenge. Those challenges ain't no joke, so consider that your workout for the day if you want to. But I def wouldn't train anything heavy or legs at all if it was me. Good luck and get some video and/or pics and keep us posted bro.

Shorts
06-16-11, 12:06 pm
Mos Def Thank you Yes, I have somebody coming with me, so he'll have a camera.

LegendKillerJosh
06-16-11, 12:08 pm
Since the event has nothing to do with lifting you probably don't need to skip your workout. Unless lifting makes you too sore to move, there should be no conflict.