PDA

View Full Version : Do you have problems with your teres major and minor?

Tiny1102
06-16-11, 12:45 pm
Every once in awhile my teres major and minor will not up very bad. Putting 1000 pounds on me is most likely the main issue, but does anyone else have issue with these muscles? And what are the best exercise to build them. I am doing alot of stretching and deep tissue. Any other ideas?

BigChrisF
06-16-11, 5:59 pm
I have had good luck with doing pull-ups with a variety of grips and hand spacing. My favorites for that area would have to be a neutral grip with medium width and double overhand with wide grip.

Foam rolling my lat area hurts, but I feel that it has been beneficial.

Tiny1102
06-16-11, 6:14 pm
I do the foam, but i will try some pull-ups

I have had good luck with doing pull-ups with a variety of grips and hand spacing. My favorites for that area would have to be a neutral grip with medium width and double overhand with wide grip.

Foam rolling my lat area hurts, but I feel that it has been beneficial.

prowrestler
06-18-11, 5:34 pm
Every once in awhile my teres major and minor will not up very bad. Putting 1000 pounds on me is most likely the main issue, but does anyone else have issue with these muscles? And what are the best exercise to build them. I am doing alot of stretching and deep tissue. Any other ideas?

shrugs on the CSR, external rotation sled work 3x a week.

lacrosse ball the area same as you would foam roll it. spinal deload with hangs from pullup bar or just hang from the hyper extension. we live our lives in a forwards position now a days...this forces the posterior muscles to flex and stay tight as a counter balance. the value of a strong back and flexibility are endless

Tiny1102
06-20-11, 1:33 pm
shrugs on the CSR, external rotation sled work 3x a week.

lacrosse ball the area same as you would foam roll it. spinal deload with hangs from pullup bar or just hang from the hyper extension. we live our lives in a forwards position now a days...this forces the posterior muscles to flex and stay tight as a counter balance. the value of a strong back and flexibility are endless

Thank you very much. I will try this out.

prowrestler
06-21-11, 12:23 am
Thank you very much. I will try this out.

put more focus in the stretching. ive read you work a shitload of hours, that will contribute to the posterior tightness i spoke of. bigger engine = more maintenance.

Tiny1102
06-22-11, 10:27 pm
put more focus in the stretching. ive read you work a shitload of hours, that will contribute to the posterior tightness i spoke of. bigger engine = more maintenance.

Yes, very true. I recently contacted Jumpstretch and spoke to the owner Dick. He sent me some videos on different stretches I should do. So far so good. Once I fix this, my numbers should fly up.