PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Levrone trains Seth Feroce with tips

Carrnage
06-16-11, 8:38 pm
Part 2 kicks ass the most, with tips from Kevin too, insaneeee shit!!

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/111217-Bring-the-Pain-Seth-Feroce-Meets-the-Maryland-Muscle-Machine!-Parts-1-3

All 3 videos are there!

Carrnage
06-16-11, 8:42 pm
Barbell Squats 4 sets of a brutal 20.....then a drop set....2 rest pauses....fucking insane.

Carrnage
06-16-11, 8:44 pm
If any of you guys want MY definition of high volume training from me....watch these videos.

Machine
06-16-11, 8:52 pm
Always a huge fan of the "Maryland Muscle Machine" he is a highly skilled and disciplined warrior.

MACHINE

Carrnage
06-16-11, 9:16 pm
Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler are the standard for how a great champion bodybuilder should look like. Too bad the judges were into the "bigger is better" things even in the 90's.

Seth vids rundown.....

Video 1 Seth warms up
Video 2 Seth goes through trauma high volume
Video 3 Seth dead

zubda345
06-17-11, 3:10 am
Looks intense gotta watch it...

Machine
06-18-11, 9:53 pm
Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler are the standard for how a great champion bodybuilder should look like. Too bad the judges were into the "bigger is better" things even in the 90's.

Seth vids rundown.....

Video 1 Seth warms up
Video 2 Seth goes through trauma high volume
Video 3 Seth dead

Must totally agree with this statement...good call.

MACHINE

Carrnage
06-18-11, 11:44 pm
Must totally agree with this statement...good call.

MACHINE

Did i make the great MACHINE giggle on that one? haha

BarbellManiac
06-19-11, 2:35 pm
Pretty crazy, Seth has a great cardiovascular system, he doesn't even pause during his reps.

deanna7272
06-19-11, 11:25 pm
Talked to Seth later that night (after training with them) and if NOTHING can motivate you to kick ass in the gym, that conversation could... It was motivating to see him EXCITED about the opportunity to train with them, but the motivation (i.e.fire under his a$$) that it seemed to give him, was definitely heard in his words!!

SuperFlexSteve
06-20-11, 1:57 am
Good shit! You gotta want to put your body in the zone no one else wants to go to & love that feeling of satisfaction afterwards.

Machine
06-21-11, 10:53 pm
Did i make the great MACHINE giggle on that one? haha

Not giggle; just agree that those athletes are the standard for what bodybuildikng should be. I do some silly shit...but I usually dont giggle...more like an insane monkey laugh.

MACHINE

Carrnage
06-22-11, 2:09 am
Not giggle; just agree that those athletes are the standard for what bodybuildikng should be. I do some silly shit...but I usually dont giggle...more like an insane monkey laugh.

MACHINE

I understand.

lol

Tiny1102
06-22-11, 10:39 pm
I think Kevin should have been Mr. O a few times. One of my favorite BB and best ever. Even after tearing his pec.

Carrnage
06-25-11, 1:41 am
I think Kevin should have been Mr. O a few times. One of my favorite BB and best ever. Even after tearing his pec.

Hell yeah he had shape, unlike Dorian who was just big and blocky. But thats the world we live in. "Bigger is better". rofl!

Tiny1102
06-25-11, 5:01 pm
Hell yeah he had shape, unlike Dorian who was just big and blocky. But thats the world we live in. "Bigger is better". rofl!

Dorian was big and bad, but Kevin was huge as too and very cut.

Tiny1102
06-25-11, 5:02 pm
Look at me talking about bodybuilding. lol

BarbellManiac
06-25-11, 5:12 pm

I disagree...

Carrnage
06-25-11, 6:34 pm
I disagree...

How? Go look up a picture of Dorian. The dude was big. Of course he had shape, but not the pleasant shape of Kevin,Shawn Ray,Flex Wheeler. It sounds like i hate Dorian, thats not true. As person i look up to him and his attitude. He had everything built up, dont get me wrong.

BarbellManiac
06-25-11, 9:51 pm
How? Go look up a picture of Dorian. The dude was big. Of course he had shape, but not the pleasant shape of Kevin,Shawn Ray,Flex Wheeler. It sounds like i hate Dorian, thats not true. As person i look up to him and his attitude. He had everything built up, dont get me wrong.

Pleasant? Bodybuilding is not a competition where we judge physiques on how pleasant they look. Let me tell you this, 2 things count the most for Mr. Olympia. Size and conditioning, and to say Dorian didn't have line is preposterous, he had great lines, Was Shawn more aesthetic? Absolutely, he wins in that category. But the main ones he loses in. He made the best of what his limited genetics had to offer. He didnt have the aeshetic genetics of say a flex wheeler, kevin levrone, or shawn ray, but he trained to the utmost intensity with the strictest form. Dorian did not ruin the sport of bodybuilding (if you prefer aesthetics over mass, I like mass), the IFBB judges did.

Tiny1102
06-26-11, 12:32 am
Pleasant? Bodybuilding is not a competition where we judge physiques on how pleasant they look. Let me tell you this, 2 things count the most for Mr. Olympia. Size and conditioning, and to say Dorian didn't have line is preposterous, he had great lines, Was Shawn more aesthetic? Absolutely, he wins in that category. But the main ones he loses in. He made the best of what his limited genetics had to offer. He didnt have the aeshetic genetics of say a flex wheeler, kevin levrone, or shawn ray, but he trained to the utmost intensity with the strictest form. Dorian did not ruin the sport of bodybuilding (if you prefer aesthetics over mass, I like mass), the IFBB judges did.

Yes, I am a big Kevin fan, but Dorian did look great before his injuries.

Carrnage
06-26-11, 1:20 am

100 percent agree. The judges ruined the ifbb. Well sorta. Kevin, Shawn trained their asses off, just because they dont scream or make black and white videos doesnt mean they arnt intense. Though Flex trained pretty casually, even he admits it. And the strictest form? Does that mean go all the way and down? Or stop half way? Everyone has their own opionion on what form really is. My definition is feeling the muscle stretch and contract, even if its only a partial movement. (very important)

BarbellManiac
06-26-11, 12:08 pm
100 percent agree. The judges ruined the ifbb. Well sorta. Kevin, Shawn trained their asses off, just because they dont scream or make black and white videos doesnt mean they arnt intense. Though Flex trained pretty casually, even he admits it. And the strictest form? Does that mean go all the way and down? Or stop half way? Everyone has their own opionion on what form really is. My definition is feeling the muscle stretch and contract, even if its only a partial movement. (very important)

You do know Dorian is known to be one of the hardest training bodybuilders. Any pro today basically comes close to passing out or puking (Chris Cormier Puked) and Evan was almost dead training with Dorian. Aside from Tom Platz ( who has the record for being the hardest) he trained extremely intense. He never took like several weeks off like Kevin, Shawn or Wheeler, He trained at 90% to 100% all year round even like a week before a contest. Part of the reason he had so many injuries while the others had pretty much none.

Carrnage
06-27-11, 7:30 pm
You do know Dorian is known to be one of the hardest training bodybuilders. Any pro today basically comes close to passing out or puking (Chris Cormier Puked) and Evan was almost dead training with Dorian. Aside from Tom Platz ( who has the record for being the hardest) he trained extremely intense. He never took like several weeks off like Kevin, Shawn or Wheeler, He trained at 90% to 100% all year round even like a week before a contest. Part of the reason he had so many injuries while the others had pretty much none.

Yep he is "known" to be a hard training bodybuilder. There are a ton out there bro, Dorian just made a video to show his audience what he was made of. Id say Tom Platz and Kai Greene are harder trainers than Dorian, but idk Dorian's video had black and white graphics, i dunno if it can get more hardcore than that. lollol.

BarbellManiac
06-27-11, 9:18 pm
Yep he is "known" to be a hard training bodybuilder. There are a ton out there bro, Dorian just made a video to show his audience what he was made of. Id say Tom Platz and Kai Greene are harder trainers than Dorian, but idk Dorian's video had black and white graphics, i dunno if it can get more hardcore than that. lollol.

Don't get me started on Kai Greene lol Maybe Dorian outta put you through a workout, he almost killed Evan.

Carrnage
06-28-11, 1:23 am
Don't get me started on Kai Greene lol Maybe Dorian outta put you through a workout, he almost killed Evan.

Kai is a beast period.

And no way? the vid i saw of Dorian training Evan, he looked a little tired but nothing too intense. It just seemed like regular pyramid straight sets with grunting at the end to make it intense lol, hahah am i killing you bro?

Oz_78
06-28-11, 7:48 am
Awesome stuff!! Now thats how you get the most (and some) out of a session.

BarbellManiac
06-28-11, 12:18 pm
Kai is a beast period.

And no way? the vid i saw of Dorian training Evan, he looked a little tired but nothing too intense. It just seemed like regular pyramid straight sets with grunting at the end to make it intense lol, hahah am i killing you bro?

Oh yeah, I could argue for days. Watch Evan's face after deadlifts, he looks like he's gonna cry, look at how much Yates pushed Dorian on every exercise, beyond failure. I respect Kai but his past actions made me reconsider to be his fan.

Aggression
06-28-11, 1:13 pm

100% agree here. One of my favorite BBers.

Carrnage
06-28-11, 3:53 pm
Oh yeah, I could argue for days. Watch Evan's face after deadlifts, he looks like he's gonna cry, look at how much Yates pushed Dorian on every exercise, beyond failure. I respect Kai but his past actions made me reconsider to be his fan.

He was acting bro! haha just messin

Kai's past actions? Oh the grapefruit g4p thing? You would be surprised how many of your favorite bodybuilders have done that just to get some good cash.

BarbellManiac
06-28-11, 3:57 pm
He was acting bro! haha just messin

Kai's past actions? Oh the grapefruit g4p thing? You would be surprised how many of your favorite bodybuilders have done that just to get some good cash.

Arnold did something like that back in the day lol Yates I doubt it, although BB is a lot of politics. He credits his wins due to his physique rather than politics, then again it's assumptions and you can't trust everything.

Joe J
06-29-11, 8:19 am
Dorian Yates in my opinion was the best bodybuilder of all time, maybe because I'm english lol. Somewhere on the internet there is a video of Yates training Kai Greene, and I was dissapointed with Kai because he caved in and started slacking hard half way through.

Carrnage
06-29-11, 9:07 pm
Dorian Yates in my opinion was the best bodybuilder of all time, maybe because I'm english lol. Somewhere on the internet there is a video of Yates training Kai Greene, and I was dissapointed with Kai because he caved in and started slacking hard half way through.

Yeah haha, Kai wasnt used to do 1 set to failure, Kai was used to Oscar Ardon's super high intensity training, after a set to failure, either rest pause with heavy weight or do torturous drop sets. Kai was like....wtf? Ithought this was suppose to be intense! lol

BarbellManiac
06-30-11, 12:37 am
Yeah haha, Kai wasnt used to do 1 set to failure, Kai was used to Oscar Ardon's super high intensity training, after a set to failure, either rest pause with heavy weight or do torturous drop sets. Kai was like....wtf? Ithought this was suppose to be intense! lol

Yeah right, his form is crappy. Yates kept saying not swinging or what's with the sloppy form. Oscar's training and nutrition didn't help kai too much, instead made him worse. So much food increased his stomach size causng that gut look combined with slin and GH was even worse. Farah is doing a much better job with Kai now. Although I'm firmly against the guru concept, I think one should be able to do it on their own just like Arnold, Dorian, Shawn, Kevin, Flex.

Carrnage
06-30-11, 1:34 am
Yeah right, his form is crappy. Yates kept saying not swinging or what's with the sloppy form. Oscar's training and nutrition didn't help kai too much, instead made him worse. So much food increased his stomach size causng that gut look combined with slin and GH was even worse. Farah is doing a much better job with Kai now. Although I'm firmly against the guru concept, I think one should be able to do it on their own just like Arnold, Dorian, Shawn, Kevin, Flex.

Dont judge someone's form on how it looks. Go by how it feels, even if it looks like a shit rep. Obviously if someone is using their whole body to get the weight up then something is not right! lol! Dorian goes by textbook pretty form, goes by the looks of it, while others go by how it feels. Obviously Dorian felt what he was doing lol, im just trying to get a point out there....go by how it feels not how it looks.

And yeah man Oscar brought Kai to his freaky size....didnt help too much? Without Oscar, Kai wouldnt even be near the level hes at right now. But yeah i dont like Oscar's approach for pre contest. He doesnt use the right "supps" and duretic techniques during the last 2-3 weeks before a show. Hes still a awesome dude though.

BarbellManiac
06-30-11, 6:49 am
Dont judge someone's form on how it looks. Go by how it feels, even if it looks like a shit rep. Obviously if someone is using their whole body to get the weight up then something is not right! lol! Dorian goes by textbook pretty form, goes by the looks of it, while others go by how it feels. Obviously Dorian felt what he was doing lol, im just trying to get a point out there....go by how it feels not how it looks.

And yeah man Oscar brought Kai to his freaky size....didnt help too much? Without Oscar, Kai wouldnt even be near the level hes at right now. But yeah i dont like Oscar's approach for pre contest. He doesnt use the right "supps" and duretic techniques during the last 2-3 weeks before a show. Hes still a awesome dude though.

He brought the size but the gut was also his fault. His cycle approach as well as pre contest wasn't great, but did a good job for bulking. He taught Evan a lot too. Plus since he started working with Farah, Kai was hell of a lot bigger. Did you see his upper body? It came to proportion with his lower body.

Carrnage
06-30-11, 3:28 pm
He brought the size but the gut was also his fault. His cycle approach as well as pre contest wasn't great, but did a good job for bulking. He taught Evan a lot too. Plus since he started working with Farah, Kai was hell of a lot bigger. Did you see his upper body? It came to proportion with his lower body.

hell yeah!! Kai's upper body looks Gorilla muscle huuuuuge!! Kai eating 1000 grams of carbs pre contest, fucking amazing. What ever Farah uses pre contest, that shit is working!

Aggression
06-30-11, 4:14 pm
Different strokes for different folks. When it comes to form, look at Ronnie Coleman. He had a lot of momentum in his movements, yet he is one of, if not the greatest Olympia champion to ever exist. When him and Cutler had their battles each year, they'd show training clips from each one. Ronnie trained in a pure gym with no AC and with questionable form. Cutler trained at a very nice Gold's Gym and used less weight with better form. They're both Olympia winners.

BarbellManiac
06-30-11, 4:35 pm
hell yeah!! Kai's upper body looks Gorilla muscle huuuuuge!! Kai eating 1000 grams of carbs pre contest, fucking amazing. What ever Farah uses pre contest, that shit is working!

Kai is definitely up there this year with Phil and Jay for the Olympia title. The guy's like 270+ on stage, that's crazy.

BarbellManiac
06-30-11, 4:36 pm
Different strokes for different folks. When it comes to form, look at Ronnie Coleman. He had a lot of momentum in his movements, yet he is one of, if not the greatest Olympia champion to ever exist. When him and Cutler had their battles each year, they'd show training clips from each one. Ronnie trained in a pure gym with no AC and with questionable form. Cutler trained at a very nice Gold's Gym and used less weight with better form. They're both Olympia winners.

I agree with no such such thing as perfect form. But these guys are genetic elites, they would have grown off anything, the only thing that form did was enhance their olympia career by preventing injuries since locking out with heavy weights isn't the best thing for the joints. Dorian had the "perfect" form, but his career ended soon due to the injuries.