PDA

View Full Version : Chaos

Pages : [1] 2 3

Machine
01-12-07, 5:30 pm
"I am interested in any kind of revolt or disorder, especially in activities which seem to have no meaning" - Jim Morrison

Without chaos there can be no order. You need to take things out of balance in order to bring them back into alignment ultimately. Ever have anyone ask you " why do you do that crazy wieghtlifting stuff " Its usually your girlfriends Mom or someone like that. Those are the best ones , I love that shit. I fucking eat it up with a spoon. To them our activities have no meaning , we are chaos , they do not understand us. They lack the vision to see past the madness and the sweat. Remember , people sat wrapped in confusion watching the Wright brothers trying to fly. Dont waste your time being frustrated that they dont get it. Fuck'em.....We got bigger fish to fry. Be guided by your own vision and make them sick with your appearance , its only because it reminds them of what they are not.

MACHINE

Your words are so true that make me trembling. What a fervor, what a passion, what fucking adrenalin!!

NickSP
01-13-07, 2:43 am
Damn I love reading this shit, this is why I love Animal

D-Bomb
01-13-07, 4:16 pm
Machine your a free man, free to dominate the world you visualize for yourself.

Iron_Man
01-15-07, 5:52 pm
daamn machine all the way!!....tht dude inspires me alot. way to go machine! the best of animalpak!

ghost
01-15-07, 5:55 pm
great post machine...great post. rings so very true. many of my co-workers dont understand our lifestyle...and fukem. i dont want them to understand it. i am selfish like that

strength and honor

determined
01-16-07, 10:04 am
Pure Animal.

HAWK
01-16-07, 10:08 am
THAT'S how you pay the fuckin' rent.

G Diesel
01-16-07, 1:35 pm
"I am interested in any kind of revolt or disorder, especially in activities which seem to have no meaning" Jim Morrisnon

Without chaos there can be no order. You need to take things out of balance in order to bring them back into alignment ultimately. Ever have anyone ask you " why do you do that crazy wieghtlifting stuff " Its usually your girlfriends Mom or someone like that. Those are the best ones , I love that shit. I fucking eat it up with a spoon. To them our activities have no meaning , we are chaos , they do not understand us. They lack the vision to see past the madness and the sweat. Remember , people sat wrapped in confusion watching the Wright brothers trying to fly. Dont waste your time being frustrated that they dont get it. Fuck'em.....We got bigger fish to fry. Be guided by your own vision and make them sick with your appearance , its only because it reminds them of what they are not.

MACHINE

Good shit Machine... Thanks for the dose of inspiration. Peace, G

Apollos
01-16-07, 3:19 pm
Machine, I gotta say man my new pre gym ritual has been ta go the articles you write under welcome to the freakshow to get pumped up. I'm a sophomore at University of Denver and I'm the one that's payin for it. It pisses the hell out of me to see these overprivileged kids comin to the gym after a hard day of starbucks and drivin their beemers and they talk the whole damn time. I just worked all day plus school to get the degree I want/need. I'm enlisting on thursday for the Army Special Forces as well, so I just wanted ta shout out to ya and say thanks for livin hardcore and not bein like the weak. Peace my brother

Machine
01-16-07, 9:00 pm
Thank you so much for your commitment to the safety of our nation. You and others like you make up the foundation of this nation. You have my respect and admiration. I know the hours upon hours of training under your belt will serve you in a practical sense on the field of battle. I want you to remember the lessons taught to you by the steel , I want you to dominate our enemies. I want you to focus your pinpoint rage on whatever is put in front of you. Same game...different field. Serve with the Honor that belongs to you and make the motherfuckers know why you came. Dont forget to tell'em MACHINE said hi!!!!!!!

MACHINE

BuffLove1
01-16-07, 9:07 pm
Machine, I gotta say man my new pre gym ritual has been ta go the articles you write under welcome to the freakshow to get pumped up. I'm a sophomore at University of Denver and I'm the one that's payin for it. It pisses the hell out of me to see these overprivileged kids comin to the gym after a hard day of starbucks and drivin their beemers and they talk the whole damn time. I just worked all day plus school to get the degree I want/need. I'm enlisting on thursday for the Army Special Forces as well, so I just wanted ta shout out to ya and say thanks for livin hardcore and not bein like the weak. Peace my brother

Apollos,
Much respect to you bro, I know exactly how you feel. I go to University of Colorado, and while my parents are busting their asses to make sure I get a good education I have to watch half of the kids here drive Hummers and throw around mommy and daddy's money like it's their job. Just remember that they can't buy integrity, and they sure as fuck can't buy a good work ethic.
Peace.

Machine
01-16-07, 9:21 pm
A.M. and P.M. sessions today still left me feeling , I guess the word is ANGRY.....I stay on boil so I can remain on point. The guy who picked me up to train knew when I looked at him that something DIFFERENT was on the menu. We might end up in the gym or we might end up in jail. I dont want to send the wrong message here but I also dont want to misrepresent the truth. I am a son of a bitch 3rd generation and sometimes I let my anger get the best of me. At times its hard to keep the rage directed and under control. I envision my heart beating only to propel this living thing that is me forward though this world. I envision myself crushing peoples hopes and dreams with my pure desire to dominate my environment. I want to wrap my hands around the throats of the naysayers , to tell them I AM RIGHT FUCKING HERE...and I will be here til they find a way to shut down the MACHINE...I will be here until this fire burns out , until I FUCKING DIE...I wound up in the gym thanks to a convincing arguement from one of my soldiers , he was right. You cant fight the enemy...if you become the enemy. 35 sets later we put the bitch to bed and readied ourselves for the fights to come.

MACHINE

Reacher34
01-16-07, 9:39 pm

Thank you so much for your commitment to the safety of our nation. You and others like you make up the foundation of this nation. You have my respect and admiration. I know the hours upon hours of training under your belt will serve you in a practical sense on the field of battle. I want you to remember the lessons taught to you by the steel , I want you to dominate our enemies. I want you to focus your pinpoint rage on whatever is put in front of you. Same game...different field. Serve with the Honor that belongs to you and make the motherfuckers know why you came. Dont forget to tell'em MACHINE said hi!!!!!!!

MACHINE

i gotta second Machine on this one. Thank you for your courage and committment to what makes this the greatest place on Earth. I've never met you but I'm proud of you. Best of luck in the gym and the battlefield.

xb24
01-16-07, 9:54 pm
thats some motivational shit right there.
keep it coming!

nihiloexnihil
01-16-07, 10:45 pm
Machine, you are the fucking man.

It is rare, truly rare, for someone to be so connected to himself. I'm not bullshitting when I say that more than anything or anyone else, you've been my inspiration over the past year. I don't mean to sound like a pussified schoolgirl, but it's the fucking truth. I've read every single article you've written, and to reiterate: you are the man.

So I guess this is my way of saying thanks.

Beast1
01-17-07, 4:46 am
You arise from the ashes of the grit rotting off of the iron. You are the rusted old squat rack and half-bent bar that still mean something. The old equipment that few of these noobs use and us veterans know. You breath the breathe of Brotherhood, of Straight To Your Face No BS Iron Mentality. Whether you're writing about your latest work out, a recipe, or your philosophy of this transformed world and how we fit in it you are passionate and driven. You work a real crime-stompin job and don't get spoon-fed and you don't spoon feed us. Thanks for giving it to us straight and being a real man amongst so many others. Thanks.

wedge
01-17-07, 1:02 pm
Machine=man of few words, but knows how to hold it down.

Muscle
01-17-07, 1:13 pm
Machine...this dude is one serious inspiration. Thanx for all your articles.

01-17-07, 2:29 pm
Motivational.

G Diesel
01-17-07, 3:27 pm
A.M. and P.M. sessions today still left me feeling , I guess the word is ANGRY.....I stay on boil so I can remain on point. The guy who picked me up to train knew when I looked at him that something DIFFERENT was on the menu. We might end up in the gym or we might end up in jail. I dont want to send the wrong message here but I also dont want to misrepresent the truth. I am a son of a bitch 3rd generation and sometimes I let my anger get the best of me. At times its hard to keep the rage directed and under control. I envision my heart beating only to propel this living thing that is me forward though this world. I envision myself crushing peoples hopes and dreams with my pure desire to dominate my environment. I want to wrap my hands around the throats of the naysayers , to tell them I AM RIGHT FUCKING HERE...and I will be here til they find a way to shut down the MACHINE...I will be here until this fire burns out , until I FUCKING DIE...I wound up in the gym thanks to a convincing arguement from one of my soldiers , he was right. You cant fight the enemy...if you become the enemy. 35 sets later we put the bitch to bed and readied ourselves for the fights to come.

MACHINE

Good shit Machine... Thanks for the shot of perspective. Peace, G

peterpyper
01-17-07, 3:54 pm
i had to read that like 5 times cause its fukin ridoclouse that i love it

sneezed
01-17-07, 9:50 pm
You make me fucking crazy, machine, One day when i snap and break someone, Ill say machine made me do it

machinamal
01-17-07, 9:57 pm
Every time, every single time, that I look for an excuse to skip a training day, I just go to The Journey and the motivation takes over. You are the inspiration for all of us. THANK YOU.

KEEPtheZEN
01-17-07, 11:46 pm
Be guided by your own vision and make them sick with your appearance , its only because it reminds them of what they are not.

Amen

T.Alan
01-18-07, 1:54 am
Machine,

You must a phd in the iron language.. cause everything you say speaks to me and motivates me to shove food down my throat, put more effort than I can fathom in the gym and stay humble.

Machines Number One
01-18-07, 2:01 am
Damn Machine u r so rite, heck u are always rite, i feel and have always felt motivated by ur letters, words and sentences, an ambitious man needs to throw all things aside and keep it going, i am tryin to reach the intensity and insanity with which u spend time in weight room, all the best and my prayers to u man, and yeah now i have truly understood the meanin of OVERCOME

Machine
01-24-07, 11:48 am
Today I feel solitude sitting beside me like an old friend. You have to be thankful when an old friend stops by. The best thing about solitude is it has no beginning and no end. It is almost undefinable. I am solitude. I seek to become undefinable. To me the act of defying a definition is possibly one of the only true frontiers left for a warrior to explore. If you cant see me coming and you dont know if I've left , then I can become a prescence...almost an undefinable force. That is where I live today...there are clouds off in the distance and it looks like the sky will open up soon. I love more than anything the complete devistation that accompanies leg training. I feel almost numb the first few hours after the battle , then comes the hunger and the deep wrenching pain. It is known in my home that after leg training I am to be avoided...not because I hurt but because I wish to fully enjoy the mental awareness I feel. It is also known that my physical hunger is almost savage and I will eat like a virtual machine for hours afterward. Preparations are made in advance much like the returning warriors of old feasted after battle. These things and these feelings I hold sacred and I am not terrific about sharing them. I do it here and now with you only to preserve our way and to further the true warrior spirit that lives in all of us. So...it is the day after leg training and I am a raw , open wound...walking the material modern earth. Searching for the answers and seeking to become undefinable in a time when categories seem to be all they know. I will walk on.

MACHINE

D-Bomb
01-24-07, 12:34 pm
pure power.

speedster00
01-24-07, 12:55 pm
Awesome write up bro !!

Maccabee
01-24-07, 1:48 pm
Very motivating Machine, everytime i read your words i feel like going to the gym man. Thank you

peterpyper
01-24-07, 2:31 pm
i feel it machine,my legs are shot from leg day yesterday rofl

Hollywood
01-24-07, 2:37 pm
Machine I hear where you're coming from brother. Theres no better feeling than that wretched, sharp pain in your legs after a big day. Normal people hate pain, but we are not normal, we are the ones that soak in and enjoy the pain because we know of all the hard work we did to put this pain upon ourselves.

IronLeague
01-24-07, 3:06 pm
SICK.

Respect,
IronLeague

Lethal_Banana
01-24-07, 3:13 pm
Powerful stuff, mate - almost makes me redo my leg session ;)

Richard
01-24-07, 7:51 pm
I had legs today., front squats and lunges. Got red mark across my collarbone.

Simps
01-24-07, 7:55 pm
Today I feel solitude sitting beside me like an old friend. You have to be thankful when an old friend stops by. The best thing about solitude is it has no beginning and no end. It is almost undefinable. I am solitude. I seek to become undefinable. To me the act of defying a definition is possibly one of the only true frontiers left for a warrior to explore. If you cant see me coming and you dont know if I've left , then I can become a prescence...almost an undefinable force. That is where I live today...there are clouds off in the distance and it looks like the sky will open up soon. I love more than anything the complete devistation that accompanies leg training. I feel almost numb the first few hours after the battle , then comes the hunger and the deep wrenching pain. It is known in my home that after leg training I am to be avoided...not because I hurt but because I wish to fully enjoy the mental awareness I feel. It is also known that my physical hunger is almost savage and I will eat like a virtual machine for hours afterward. Preparations are made in advance much like the returning warriors of old feasted after battle. These things and these feelings I hold sacred and I am not terrific about sharing them. I do it here and now with you only to preserve our way and to further the true warrior spirit that lives in all of us. So...it is the day after leg training and I am a raw , open wound...walking the material modern earth. Searching for the answers and seeking to become undefinable in a time when categories seem to be all they know. I will walk on.

MACHINE

This shit is why I'm on this forum. Thanks Machine.

Freakshow
01-24-07, 7:55 pm
Always a pleasure Machine...

LuvsThePain
01-24-07, 8:31 pm
That's some good shit machine. The warrior mentality is lost to the majority of the world but held dear to us in the iron battle.

gottalift
01-24-07, 8:48 pm
Food for the mind,very powerful.

HAWK
01-24-07, 8:51 pm
Machine, another guy that's ALWAYS on point. Fuck yeah.

MadeOfScars
01-24-07, 11:18 pm
Machine- GENIUS, PURE GENIUS!

keep it coming, we are all listening.

the prophet
01-25-07, 12:02 am
i'm there right now -got out of bed and amidst all of the cracking and straining i felt the stiffness that accompanies the rising sun after another epic battle against something most mortal men fear- the squat rack. it's the feeling of accomplishment, the welcomed pain can be translated into one word- progress.

pumpaholic
01-25-07, 12:06 am
That is what I tried to explain to them today at work when they seen me walking a little slowly. Like they do every Wednesday after the squats I did the previous night. That is what I was trying to say. I love the pain of payment.

Beast1
01-25-07, 12:11 am
Man every time I read your writing and thoughts I know that the old creed is still there and that there are still charging soldiers running through this battlefield we call life. On this common ground we are brothers and you show us that. We feel the same way but you express it so much more deeply and it jacks me up. You're the ultimate motivator.

asilab
01-26-07, 1:22 am
Man every time I read your writing and thoughts I know that the old creed is still there and that there are still charging soldiers running through this battlefield we call life. On this common ground we are brothers and you show us that. We feel the same way but you express it so much more deeply and it jacks me up. You're the ultimate motivator.

Well said Beast, my thoughts exactly!

Billdo
01-26-07, 10:17 am
Well said....makes me wanna leave work right now and head to the gym for an intense leg session because I know feel my ones of late have been really horrible...time to pick it up.

No Words

xb24
01-27-07, 11:53 am
I love more than anything the complete devistation that accompanies leg training. I feel almost numb the first few hours after the battle , then comes the hunger and the deep wrenching pain. It is known in my home that after leg training I am to be avoided...not because I hurt but because I wish to fully enjoy the mental awareness I feel.

MACHINE

Holy that is hardcore right there.... Animal, Monster, Myth hardcore.

Reacher34
01-27-07, 4:16 pm
Machine, much respect sir. I know you hear it all the time, but i gotta say that i'm a big fan and i try to follow your lead and take your words to heart. Thanks for giving me the mental kick in the ass that i needed two years ago to get started. Lookin forward to seeing you in the cage in march.

Maccabee
01-27-07, 8:18 pm
Damn good post Machine, I get asked that qeustion every frickin day, and all i answer back is I LOVE ANIMALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You motivate me so much with your articles and posts.

TheSolidC
01-28-07, 9:52 am
"I am interested in any kind of revolt or disorder, especially in activities which seem to have no meaning" Jim Morrisnon

MACHINE

thanks for all your articles man i read them all, you are an inspiration to me and a lot of other young rising bodybuilders, cheers dude keep up the good work man.

boar
01-29-07, 3:42 pm

Ever have anyone ask you " why do you do that crazy wieghtlifting stuff " Its usually your girlfriends Mom or someone like that. Those are the best ones , I love that shit. I fucking eat it up with a spoon. To them our activities have no meaning , we are chaos , they do not understand us. They lack the vision to see past the madness and the sweat. Remember , people sat wrapped in confusion watching the Wright brothers trying to fly. Dont waste your time being frustrated that they dont get it. Fuck'em.....We got bigger fish to fry. Be guided by your own vision and make them sick with your appearance , its only because it reminds them of what they are not.

MACHINE

Machine,

I am not sure if you look up to your father or not. I am envious of wrath because he looks up to his father.

My old man on the other hand is an admitted under acheiver.

He always has to question why I lift. He says stuff like Nick you don't need to lift to look strong or all you need to do is maintain and stuff like that. He shows no support in my lifting endeavors.

This in a way negatively inspires me to percervere and keep on lifting as hard as possible.

Thanks machine for bringing up this point. I have other people constantly question what I am doing too. It serves as fuel for lifting harder.

Machine
01-29-07, 5:10 pm
Invariably as I read the posts and mags. and answer the thousand or so questions I get daily , I cant help but notice the total lack of concern and attention hamstrings get. I read endless squat information and tips. Mountains of conversation on chest training and I wont even get started on arm training. Soulders seem to be a point of high concern as well they should be and calves even get more play than hams do. The hamstrings are a powerbase and a supporter for most leg exercises you will perform , especially squats and leg presses. The hamstrings should be trained with the same rigor and fierce attack that you unleash on your quads. I put alot more stock in a man who can perform strict sets of stiff leg deads with 500 than a man who gets one rep pulled off him by his partner on the flat bench with 500. I think we all know who the stronger man is. Try to remember the last time you saw someone do siff leg deads with that kind of wieght. The point here is to attack your full body training properly...you must be just as hungry to advance your training intensity as it relates to hamstrings as you are hungry to add a plate to your leg presses. To succeed one must not only do the thing...one must do the thing no one else does and do it better than they could. Forget nothing...Omit nothing and NEVER FUCKING SURRENDER. If you do as I have instructed there will be no missing pieces from your training...or from your life. You will be a compplete athlete.

MACHINE

Maccabee
01-29-07, 5:16 pm
I agree Machine, i usually do 3 exercises when it comes to hamstrings.

The_Dude
01-29-07, 5:21 pm
Invariably as I read the posts and mags. and answer the thousand or so questions I get daily , I cant help but notice the total lack of concern and attention hamstrings get. I read endless squat information and tips. Mountains of conversation on chest training and I wont even get started on arm training. Soulders seem to be a point of high concern as well they should be and calves even get more play than hams do. The hamstrings are a powerbase and a supporter for most leg exercises you will perform , especially squats and leg presses. The hamstrings should be trained with the same rigor and fierce attack that you unleash on your quads. I put alot more stock in a man who can perform strict sets of stiff leg deads with 500 than a man who gets one rep pulled off him by his partner on the flat bench with 500. I think we all know who the stronger man is. Try to remember the last time you saw someone do siff leg deads with that kind of wieght. The point here is to attack your full body training properly...you must be just as hungry to advance your training intensity as it relates to hamstrings as you are hungry to add a plate to your leg presses. To succeed one must not only do the thing...one must do the thing no one else does and do it better than they could. Forget nothing...Omit nothing and NEVER FUCKING SURRENDER. If you do as I have instructed there will be no missing pieces from your training...or from your life. You will be a compplete athlete.

MACHINE

Im not worthy, I'm not worthy...very nice dude. I think I'ma hit legs tomorrow for fucks sake.

speedster00
01-29-07, 5:28 pm
I need to add stiff leg DL into my routine. I just do curls, hack squats now.

G Diesel
01-29-07, 5:39 pm
Thanks for the heads up Machine. I pride myself in being thorough, but this is a good reality check. Peace, G

NickSP
01-29-07, 6:12 pm
I hear that one, I ain't got huge hamstrings but I work em, hell, I see SLDL's for leg day as I do DL for back day, it's an "always" thing. Although my grip ain't that good so I usually gotta pull out the straps, that's somethin I need to work on

JUGGERNAUT
01-29-07, 6:19 pm
Glad somebody finally said this.... I can honestly say that I never leave out stiff legged deads in any one week. but 500 like that? shit machine, I think your name fits well!

bobbyj654
01-29-07, 7:59 pm
shit, leg training is hard, but its the funnest body part to work, mainly cuz theyre so fukin strong compared to ur upper body, you can really move some weight with quads, hams, and glutes

i get excited the night before i train legs
dont know why everyone doesnt like to train legs, theyre probably my best body part, i have great genetics for my legs, i still train em hard though, your legs give you that "fit look" if your upper body is lacking

Simps
01-29-07, 8:04 pm
I love the hell out of stiff leg deads and leg curls. Stiff leg deads are a huge part of my leg routine. I always hit the squats and stiff leg deads right in the beginning. Way before leg extensions and leg curls. GIANT SETS!

Machine
01-30-07, 1:18 pm
This shits my meal ticket...so you Godamn right I'ma kick or get evicted. Off to the gym for round one. I hope I cant stand up when I'm done.

speedster00
01-30-07, 1:21 pm
Do it up Bro....good luck

vik
01-30-07, 1:43 pm
good luck brother

ROCKSTAR RILLA
01-30-07, 1:47 pm
Fuckn tear it up man

peterpyper
01-30-07, 2:16 pm
dang shits a pain in the ass

Cyrus The Virus
01-30-07, 2:21 pm
[QUOTE=vik;17426]good luck brother[/QUO

I second that .

Revolutionary
01-30-07, 3:23 pm
Hey someone name some ham exercises on here i only do 6-9 sets of hams but lately only 6 and i do 3-4 sets of SLDLs and lying leg curls but at my gym thats all i can do.... and i remember ur article about goodmornings machine or u were talking about goodmorning somewhere but i tried to do them shits and i cant hold the fucking dumbell with my feet it keeps falling off unless i use like a fuckin 10..... but if u could explain how to do em again maybe i can get it cause i read how to do em off some site and it wasnt quite clear..... thx peace out

NickSP
01-30-07, 4:04 pm
Good mornings are basically SLDL's except you hold the bar up on your back like you would with squats, not a huge fan but to each his own....

Machine
01-31-07, 1:55 pm
Not long ago I was at a Dentist appointment with a new Dentist. She told me that she had to chart my teeth. I guess this amonts to her checking the position of your teeth as well as the condition of them. As I think back now...I must have looked ridiculous hanging over this little fucking chair she had in this little white office. Anyway , She starts to chart my teeth and suddenly asks me "Do you play Hockey ?" No...why do you ask? " All of your teeth are chipped and broken , the only mouth I've seen like this is a pro hockey player who is a patient of mine"...I am in the physical development business...After that she just looked at me. Then she said " I wont ask what that means ". She did recommend I wear a mouth piece during my work from now on. Now she always asks my wife what I do whenever she sees her...she thinks I'm a professional killer or something. I dont even know where to begin to fit in so FUCK IT...To them I am an animal...I guess from thier point of view that is what I must be...maybe it makes them feel more comfortable to dismiss me that way...whatever Fuck it. No time to care , gotta go train.

MACHINE

Giant Killer
01-31-07, 2:05 pm
whatever Fuck it. No time to care , gotta go train.

MACHINE

definitely no time to worry about that shit-I'd rather increase the definition in my front delts than in my grill...

G Diesel
01-31-07, 2:31 pm
I guess from thier point of view that is what I must be...maybe it makes them feel more comfortable to dismiss me that way
MACHINE

Of course it does big fella... If they thought you were superior in other non-physical ways as well, they'd never be able to cope. Peace, G

RedIron 392
01-31-07, 3:47 pm
You might want to stop doing neck curls with a DB clenched between your teeth!

Later

IronHouse
01-31-07, 4:03 pm
You might want to stop doing neck curls with a DB clenched between your teeth!

Later

Hahah, true :P No but I've heard other people telling me that when you push those heavy weights. Dont squeeze your teeth together, but open your mouth and press. If you dont you will wind up with loads of gold in your mouth, which will not be very nice or cheap

Taker easy Machine!

-peace out-
IronHouse

coolbrez4u
01-31-07, 4:11 pm
Machine,
I had the same problem with my teeth. In addition, I was waking up with headaches every morning after training. My dentist ask me the same type of questions and suggested the mouth guard. Been using one during training for couple of years now. No more problems.

Much respect for you bro

Berserker
02-01-07, 6:49 am
LOL awesome story.

amateur_lifter
02-01-07, 8:58 am
That's intensely inspiring, keep it up Machine.

NickSP
02-01-07, 12:24 pm
To them I am an animal...I guess from thier point of view that is what I must be...maybe it makes them feel more comfortable to dismiss me that way

MACHINE

They think it's "dismissing" you, fuck that.

It ain't just their point of view, you are Animal, and I'll be damned if that ain't the highest compliment of all.

nawaaz
02-01-07, 12:48 pm
I've been away from the internet cause of ISP issues, and I had a peek at the forum while in college. Now that I can write something in here, all I'm gonna say is HELL YEAH!

I'm gonna write this in everything paper I answer now: "Machine said HI!"

Nawaaz

Cheko
02-01-07, 1:01 pm
F'n Solid

Toni69
02-01-07, 1:42 pm

MACHINE

"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it"
Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD)

Seeing your thoughts in black and white make me think of this famous quote and a few others by Epictetus. Your truly one in a million and I really enjoy reading anything it is you have to say....you inspire and motivate in a whole new light.

Good luck and best of success to you, always.
Toni

Machine
02-01-07, 8:36 pm
To approach combat with anything less than an unquenchable thirst for blood is pointless. Arrows freed with weak hearts...almost always miss thier mark. I say again combat...and that is our business , mind you...must be embraced with absolute conviction and commitment. If your resolve to do battle is weak...so too shall be the blows you strike for your cause. I assure you , you will not know a more fierce opponent in all your days as the one you face in the mirror. If you can commit to victory in the war for your soul...the rest will be academic. Never make the mistake of thinking you are involved in anything less than total war. I know the stakes in my war are high and that is why I fight hard every day irrespective of the battle field. You will never be told that you fought too hard in a battle...can you live with knowing that you didnt fight hard enough? That is why you have to train like you are 999,000 short of a million...that way you never have to wonder...did I do all that I possibly could have?

MACHINE

The Wanderer
02-01-07, 8:51 pm
Machine, you are a god, keep on the preaching the word bro.

IronLeague
02-01-07, 9:10 pm
Well said.... Those are words spoken from a true BodyBuilder....

Respect,
IronLeague

peterpyper
02-01-07, 9:48 pm
god baby god

NickSP
02-01-07, 10:24 pm
I think this dude's got a Ph.D. in writing, or motivational speaking, one of the two....

Quadz
02-01-07, 10:32 pm
He sets the bar high for all of us. Thanks for keeping us in check.

d3sh
02-01-07, 11:35 pm
your words inspire the masses... thanks

spanish.iron
02-02-07, 12:27 am
I think this dude's got a Ph.D. in writing, or motivational speaking, one of the two....

I agree... Gotta admire a man who's got some intense intellect.

hjayss
02-02-07, 3:28 am
Like Atlantis you are deep bro. They do not expect us to speak and form sentences like that bro you have another talent bro. Keep them coming we need to read bro I like your articles.

Toni69
02-02-07, 5:34 am
To approach combat with anything less than an unquenchable thirst for blood is pointless. Arrows freed with weak hearts...almost always miss thier mark. I say again combat...and that is our business , mind you...must be embraced with absolute conviction and commitment. If your resolve to do battle is weak...so too shall be the blows you strike for your cause. I assure you , you will not know a more fierce opponent in all your days as the one you face in the mirror. If you can commit to victory in the war for your soul...the rest will be academic. Never make the mistake of thinking you are involved in anything less than total war. I know the stakes in my war are high and that is why I fight hard every day irrespective of the battle field. You will never be told that you fought too hard in a battle...can you live with knowing that you didnt fight hard enough? That is why you have to train like you are 999,000 short of a million...that way you never have to wonder...did I do all that I possibly could have?

MACHINE

Machine, Machine, Machine...you never cease to amaze me. Keep 'em comin', 'cause I am lovin' ..you, I mean it...oooops! Dam female hormones! ;)

Jaymafin
02-02-07, 9:29 am
profound..............................I want to make a point that just struck me. We here are truly blessed to be a part of this community. We get to see into the mind of dudes like Machine and Wrath and let them speak the gospel of our iron religion. I cannot count the times that I could not get motivated for a workout, recognized that and came here to read Machine or G Diesel words and then all was right in my world. That is profound as well because that means that because of them I would not have the size or strength that I have. These men and this site are pioneers of this lifestyle. I ask all of you this; does ronnie or jay have a site like this. Do they motivate with their words as these guys do? Do we get to see into the mind of jay cutler? I dont think so. Not without paying 24.95 for a dvd. The bodybuilders on this site have already transcended the olympia. They should walk a little taller, chin up chest out for what they have accomplished.

Darkman X
02-02-07, 10:15 am
Machine for president...MAchine for god. Your word burn deep inside of this man. 999,000 short of a million, looks like we all have quite the journey ahead. Well at least those who not only listen to the word, but let it echo inside. Keep preaching your words Machine, you have my ears!
One, X

Toni69
02-03-07, 9:31 pm

MACHINE

Machine,
What can I say? You lead by example and I adore you because you manage to write the truth with an unspoken clarity and freshness; uncolored and uninhibited. You speak from within a language heard only with the soul. I have truly enjoyed everything you have written so far. WOW!

Machine
02-05-07, 3:02 pm
It would seem that for some to face the battle that is physical development they need to be grounded by a knowledge that ties them fundementally to this pursuit. Often...when you endeavor to face a challenge as large as this one , it is expected that you will be overwhelmed by information and bogged down by the images you see. After all...it is difficult to gauge your personal success when images that seem almost unreal are all around you. Some people are extremely developed indeed...so too shall you be. If and only if you strip down your thought process to focus on the one remaining positive thread that runs through all of this. Elemental Sameness.
Under all of the muscle and veins and beneath the reps and the retoric...there lies an elemental sameness that is the starting point for all of us. Remember...what one man can do...another man can do. Teach yourself to breath this saying into and out of your nostrills when you train. Forget the pictures you see...focus only on what your imagination holds for your goals. Elemental sameness is the saving grace that will tie you to the accomplishments of others because...what one man can do...another man can do. Under all the bullshit we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Make your own definition of what hardcore is and teach it to the rest of us...we are waiting for you.Now its up to you to stand and DELIVER...

nawaaz
02-05-07, 3:16 pm
Like a sharpshooter, you always manage to hit the bullseye, big guy. You always strike the right chords.
Keep being our lighthouse.

Nawaaz

Gambit
02-05-07, 3:31 pm
It's an endeavor all of us are proud to walk, Machine...thank you for leading the way

smoph197
02-05-07, 3:58 pm
thanks for your words machine, whenever i read them i feel like i can accomplish anything. that i can go out there and win a damn championship, no matter what the cost. thanks brother you have given my countless inspirations, never to stop reaching for something more...

IronLeague
02-05-07, 4:42 pm
Lead the troops into battle brother....

Respect,
IronLeague

never_2_big
02-06-07, 6:12 am
machine, this is the shit tha needs to be heard!!! fuck the local news give this guy a tv spot, everybody on the planet needs to hear what this man has to say. if he is not a god he's damn close...

keep telling us how it is man and keep the shit tight
youre the true animal brother..

mitsie
02-07-07, 5:05 am
Thanks for the words of inspiration, I have alawys been told, it cant be done except your limitations your disability. Today those same people want to look like me. Thanks I have changed the cant's into will the disability into anger and anger into victory, muscle and strength.

From Sunny South Africa

clifford
02-08-07, 9:14 am
well if most of the world are too lazy to gym and have no disabilities I take my hat off to you keep going

HAWK
02-08-07, 9:44 am
machine, this is the shit tha needs to be heard!!! fuck the local news give this guy a tv spot, everybody on the planet needs to hear what this man has to say. if he is not a god he's damn close...

keep telling us how it is man and keep the shit tight
youre the true animal brother..

I get the feelin' that they could offer Machine a million dollar TV deal, and he still wouldn't sell out. Too real for that shit man, he don't give a fuck about commercial America. What he cares about lies within us, not somethin you watch on TV.

I read This article again and again and I face the true every single time I do it..

Thanks "The Machine"

BeastofBurden
02-09-07, 5:34 pm
It's almost too much to take all in at once.. It's awe inspiring. Machine you make me take a step back and really evaulate if what I am doing is enough. Not just in lifting but in every aspect of my life, Am i living without regrets?!!? Too soon to tell, just got to keep pushing and striving for anything that I want. However, theres so many factors to take into consideration. We are not ALL machines and what do we do when we want to take more than one road?! Example, school sports or completing this journey which I love?! I don't expect anyone to able to answer this for me, I guess its my own problem and my own to bear alone.

Machine
02-10-07, 12:12 pm
We are all dead...Ultimately. We cannot take with us any small comfort we have aquired on this planet. We cannot remain attached to this realm...save for the memories that remain in the minds of those that were impacted by our prescence. For that reason we must endeavor to leave a blast crator in the terrain that is this world. The struggle to live within the confines of non-negotiable truth is where honor breathes. To that end alone I am empowered to live...walk...talk...and train like God has a .44 superhawk pointed at my head. I know he will pull the trigger when I have walked long enough. For now...I smile at him and seek to prove my worth on the field of battle. I know no fear tugging at my guts...I am calmed by the knowledge of self and the code of the warrior. The divinity of the day is our call to arms...the battle is endless and all consuming. I feel the Divinity wash over me in a wave of primal violence...welcome to the war I wage. Take comfort in knowing there are no choices...only the destiny that you own.

MACHINE

Revolutionary
02-10-07, 12:14 pm
machine y i never see u signed on u like to hide......lol... nice writing tho man shits sick!

Giant Killer
02-10-07, 12:29 pm
this touches on a thought I had today in my journey/log about everyday I step in the gym, its armageddon, the end of all that I was before, tearing it down and rebuilding it
we just feel like battle today

Machine
02-10-07, 1:09 pm
I am around...the words I type in this forum are not the only prescence I occupy. I am you...if you are who you say you are...

peterpyper
02-10-07, 1:19 pm
Destroy the weights

The_Stig
02-10-07, 2:59 pm
meaningful motivational words machine, youve got a good head on those shoulders..sorry i mean granite bowling balls..

peace, Stig.

Stabiliser
02-10-07, 3:30 pm
Machine "best from the rest"...

Toni69
02-10-07, 6:27 pm
I am around...the words I type in this forum are not the only prescence I occupy. I am you...if you are who you say you are...

well, this is reassuring. ;)

Toni69
02-10-07, 6:44 pm
We are all dead...Ultimately. We cannot take with us any small comfort we have aquired on this planet. We cannot remain attached to this realm...save for the memories that remain in the minds of those that were impacted by our prescence. For that reason we must endeavor to leave a blast crator in the terrain that is this world. The struggle to live within the confines of non-negotiable truth is where honor breathes. To that end alone I am empowered to live...walk...talk...and train like God has a .44 superhawk pointed at my head. I know he will pull the trigger when I have walked long enough. For now...I smile at him and seek to prove my worth on the field of battle. I know no fear tugging at my guts...I am calmed by the knowledge of self and the code of the warrior. The divinity of the day is our call to arms...the battle is endless and all consuming. I feel the Divinity wash over me in a wave of primal violence...welcome to the war I wage. Take comfort in knowing there are no choices...only the destiny that you own.

MACHINE

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. "

Once again Machine, you create a stir among the forum, forcing us to examine ourselves in a whole new light. Man is only truly great when he acts from his passions, you are this man.
Thank you for this.

Maccabee
02-10-07, 7:26 pm
Machine once again your writings have come to inspire me. You should write a book, and I will definatly buy a few copies if you would. That would be fuckin awesome if you wrote a book. Well one day I hope you will. Peace

eblnyc
02-11-07, 9:07 am
Its cool to see pros putting in messages! personally I dont give a shit what people think about my lifting! Second any woman who want to be with a bodybuilder has to understand to have that body takes guts out effort and she should support what you are doing not giving you a hard time about it! I would want my man to support me! So fuck them!!!

M60
02-11-07, 6:38 pm
HAHA! I'd love to see this on a Starbucks cup.

darkside64
02-11-07, 6:58 pm
Machine you are the person that I wish that I could be. I'm thankful for people like you. You strength and determination is like a fire that catches people ablaze, and gives them confidence to grab ahold of what they want.

wedge
02-12-07, 3:13 am
Machine, you are truly an inspiration. Make WAR in the weight room.

thadude64
02-12-07, 12:15 pm
Some things need not be dignified with a response.

I just think to myself, "What a wonderful world" Not!

More like Know your role, shut your pie hole!

It's like when someone asks you "Aren't you afraid you are going to be sore?"

WHAT!

Don't go away mad, just go away!

G Diesel
02-12-07, 1:27 pm
HAHA! I'd love to see this on a Starbucks cup.

You never will and that is why it is so fucking beautiful. Peace, G

gnoll5
02-12-07, 3:07 pm
You never will and that is why it is so fucking beautiful. Peace, G

beat me to it...well said G.

eblnyc
02-13-07, 12:07 am
as usual beautiful words! thank god your here to keep it as real as fuckin possilble!

M60
02-13-07, 12:14 am
You never will and that is why it is so fucking beautiful. Peace, GHA! Yeah I know...I'm just sayin you know...It'd be a trip to see it on one of them cups.

ghost
02-13-07, 3:11 pm
when people ask me if i am afraid of being sore...i usually laugh.

if im not sore, i didnt do it right.

MACHINE..brother. keep living the good life man...your words always ring so true for all of us...you are more than an inspiration.

Strength and Honor.

Machine
02-16-07, 2:35 pm
One time for about 2 seconds I actually considered...what if they're right? What if you don't have smash every fiber of muscle you own to produce growth? Then it occured to me...we evolve...we race to begin anew...we transcend stasis. The concept of dynamic brutality is the one I will embrace for the duration of my time. I get hurt...but it heals...and each time I know more than the last how much I appreciate being able to brutalize myself. I find real and lasting purpose in my assault on the status quo. I don't want to live forever so I don't care if "it's gonna hurt when you get older". I want to find out what I'm made of. I am not interested in titles or commercialism...I would carry rocks all day rather than compromise my honor or methods. I am at home in my realm of blood and pain...it's the only home I know. If you don't agree...I understand. After all...who would be crazy enough to purposely punish themselves? I guess we'll find out together.

MACHINE

brandonA
02-16-07, 3:48 pm
Amen, Brother, Amen
-b

peterpyper
02-16-07, 3:54 pm
o ya o ya

gnoll5
02-16-07, 4:01 pm
nice man.

focused
02-16-07, 4:32 pm
you are the fucking man machine

Toni69
02-16-07, 4:44 pm
One time for about 2 seconds I actually considered...what if they're right? What if you don't have smash every fiber of muscle you own to produce growth? Then it occured to me...we evolve...we race to begin anew...we transcend stasis. The concept of dynamic brutality is the one I will embrace for the duration of my time. I get hurt...but it heals...and each time I know more than the last how much I appreciate being able to brutalize myself. I find real and lasting purpose in my assault on the status quo. I don't want to live forever so I don't care if "it's gonna hurt when you get older". I want to find out what I'm made of. I am not interested in titles or commercialism...I would carry rocks all day rather than compromise my honor or methods. I am at home in my realm of blood and pain...it's the only home I know. If you don't agree...I understand. After all...who would be crazy enough to purposely punish themselves? I guess we'll find out together.

MACHINE

Inspiring words for an aspiring crowd. Your words are those of a man, not a machine. Iron in your blood will make and break you at some point or another..a time and place for everything. But no matter its affect on you, you step up to the plate and you conquer. You are pure power, you are a man of your word, and your words are real. This is one of my favorites posts by you. Thank you.

Just-G
02-16-07, 4:55 pm
Inspiring words for an aspiring crowd. Your words are those of a man, not a machine. Iron in your blood will make and break you at some point or another..a time and place for everything. But no matter its affect on you, you step up to the plate and you conquer. You are pure power, you are a man of your word, and your words are real. This is one of my favorites posts by you. Thank you.

I agree with Toni!
It's what defines us.In a World of multi-dimensional elements of emotional and physical pain and pleasure,the Iron stands to be loyal and unconditional.
Cut me and Iron runs out.Take the Iron away and my blood runs dry.

Kiwi129
02-16-07, 5:02 pm
He's always got the most motivational shit to say. Thanks, Machine.

Toni69
02-16-07, 5:13 pm
I agree with Toni!
It's what defines us.In a World of multi-dimensional elements of emotional and physical pain and pleasure,the Iron stands to be loyal and unconditional.
Cut me and Iron runs out.Take the Iron away and my blood runs dry.

Nicely written Just-G..likin' your flow man! hahahaha!

eblnyc
02-16-07, 6:08 pm
beautiful! I was just talking to someone the other day how i love to punish me body day in and day out! i guess you were reading my mind! thanks!

RedIron 392
02-16-07, 6:11 pm
Well machine you sure have a way of fucking up my workout! I just took my Pump and am going through the Forvum,looking at the iron and thinking I should just go light today since my shoulder is popping and a tricep tendon is a little sore. Fuck it, I have four days after today before I do upper again. Maybe it was a good idea to workout at home today.

Later

Liftbig21
02-18-07, 6:40 pm
Machine you get right to the point of everything no bullshit.If each one of us is lucky we'll grow to become a man of half your integrity.Amen Brother

"Keep Pushin"
GeneTheMachine

IronLeague
02-18-07, 9:05 pm
Many will agree with you Machine...but few actually walk the path you do. I hear the words you write from the heart and it makes my hair stand on end.

My dedication is true, I strive to NEVER stray... I hope that one day I can meet you on the path and shake your hand..

From warrior to warrior, NEVER SUBMIT.

Respect,
IronLeague

Tron
02-18-07, 11:36 pm
What's life without honor? Great post Machine... as usual.

Testpolska
02-19-07, 12:04 am
Alot of the shit you spit really hits home Machine. This piece is no exception. Well spoken.

Cheko
02-19-07, 12:26 pm
Awesome to read what many here (very few outside) believe …

bobbyj654
02-19-07, 2:06 pm

MACHINE
damn
you should write too, youre a damn good writer and poet

Musclemafia
02-24-07, 6:52 am
"Don't go to the gym and waist your time... "

Fuck them. These people kept me going and thought, they have broken my spirit. Instead they have done the opposite. They have awaken the animal inside.

Those who say, "You can't be huge like that guy" kept me fighting with myself. They are the ones responsible for this huge body. I like them. Fuck, I like them.

Ha ha.

Machine
02-25-07, 8:54 pm
I once heard a musician say "the notes you DONT play are more important than the notes you DO play". The way I see it this is gut check time...I love the support and positive atmosphere I see all over this forum. I like to see people helping each other and passing on hard earned knowledge. I also want to tell everyone to redouble their efforts...if you think your trying hard...try harder. If you think you know what pain is...redefine pain in your own world. When you look in the mirror...dont see the new muscle you put on over the last year of training...dont stare at the veins and try to count the new ones. Rather...look at all the space that remains undeveloped...see how much more has to be done. Become frustrated by the speed of your gains...ask yourself what your doing wrong. Show me a man who speaks at length of all he has done right...I will show you a man with glaring limitations. I dont say this to discourage anyone. Surely we have come a long way...surely we are proud...unquestionably there is much left to do. Remember the notes that havent been played yet...see only the muscle you have yet to make your own...act with urgency and manic energy to obtain more of what you want. In doing this you will ensure a dilligent and righteous state of mind...both of which are necessary in this quest...

MACHINE

RedLine
02-25-07, 8:56 pm
amen brother, well put.

darkside64
02-25-07, 9:00 pm
shit man sometimes it feels like I'm getting too frustrated with the speed of progress. It like I'm constantly on mountains and then move down to the valleys. I will love my physique one day and get a hint of cockiness, and the next day all I can think is how shitty I look. Thank you for your thoughts man you are an inspiration to me.

peterpyper
02-25-07, 9:01 pm
looks like we both got something in common rofl

NickSP
02-25-07, 9:12 pm
"Satisfaction is what gives rise to the word potential. If you want success instead of potential, never be satisfied."

Liftbig21
02-26-07, 12:29 am
Amen brother...Thanks for always givin us that kick in the ass that a big brother is supposed to do to give us humble.

spanish.iron
02-26-07, 4:22 am
Machine... I keep all your short speeches of motivation saved in a word document that I titled "inspiration".

Thanks for all of it.

never_2_big
02-26-07, 4:27 am
youve done it again MACHINE, that abiltiy to inspire the masses the endless to desire to not only to succeed yourself but the desire for all of us to succeed as well.

we all heed your advice brother, your words are wise and the sky is our only limit.

Toni69
02-26-07, 4:32 am
Machine comes out of the woodwork to set it straight for ya. Machine is very good at stimulating thoughts and making them real for all of us. Machine, you are an amazing writer and a phenomenal person...although the man behind the words is a mystery to us, your words are most real and keep us waiting in line for more.

karmazon
02-26-07, 4:54 am
I always looked at it that way. Even when it comes to bodybuilding competitions, it's what you DON'T have that matters.

Machine
02-26-07, 11:57 am
I do not believe in using selectorized standing calf machines. I never felt comfortable and I feel a more linear approach with real weight is appropriate. To get that feel I use a smith machine. Stand on whatever anchor point you can find in the gym (a pile of 45's , a plank or whatever) Most gyms have foot anchors made of steel or wood laying around. Position the foot anchor in line with the pistons of the Smith machine to ensure the stress will be directly on the calf muscles. Keep in mind this is REAL weight now and you should begin gradually if you have never done these before. The position of your feet should be relatively the same width apart as your shoulders. Keep your body erect and tight throughout the range of the reps...stretch deeply into the belly of the muscle and explode upward as much as possible. Dont load the smith machine with the weight that is already being stored on it...rather keep that weight where it is and load the bar from other areas of the gym. This way you ensure the smith wont move during your reps. Dont overload to the point that you lose the contraction due to the sheer weight on the bar. Do not lock your knees out completely either. Machines are great and can be utilized in a variety of ways to serve your ends. Be creative and think not just about completing your movements...but also think about moving completly and efficiently. Full moves...full muscles. Real weight...real muscles. Create a real and lasting foundation of strength and muscle and you will outlast trends and shitty machines.

MACHINE

BeastFromMiddleEast
02-26-07, 12:00 pm
True Dat, I believe iron is the best solution for calves.

I don't like machines, I feel weak on them.

IronLeague
02-26-07, 12:10 pm
My favorite calf movement.. smith calve raises... I get a better pump when I do these, feels like they are gonna pop after 4 sets with heavy weight.

I steal an "aerobic step" for these, so I can get a deep stretch at the bottom.
Like the man said...... Always use full range of motion, and get that squeeze at the top. Big calves, get it done.

Respect,
IronLeague

COLE
02-26-07, 12:43 pm
Doing Chest and Calves tonight. Going to do this for calves. In fact I'm not even going to tell the little bastards until everything is locked and loaded. I want my calves to go, What the Fuck............ Gotta keep your body guessing.

Dingo
02-26-07, 12:49 pm
I bend my knees slightly,from 180 deg straight, down to about 160ish, and pull my hips slightly forward, back and abs tight, i find it gives me a better peak contraction. kinda like you are trying to stand on your tip toes.

cable
02-26-07, 12:57 pm
Machine is hateing on machines? o' the irony
but yea this sees like it would be a hell of a workout, ill defiently be trying it soon.

P_Venkman
02-26-07, 2:43 pm
Like the Hatebreed album says "Satisfaction is the Death of Desire"......

IronLeague
02-26-07, 2:54 pm
Take in his words.... We have miles to go, stay hungry.

Respect,
IronLeague

speedster00
02-26-07, 3:06 pm
"The only pain I have time for is the pain I inflict baby"- Terry Tate, office linebacker.....hahaha

ironshaolin
02-26-07, 3:38 pm
my blackbelt class has a motto: happy, but never satisfied. It has to do with training. You should always feel proud of what you've accomplished, recognise your sucess, but the moment you feel satisfied is the moment you stop progressing. This mindset I feel helps to keep you wanting more, but stops you from getting frustrated or angry or insecure about what you have.

Maccabee
02-26-07, 4:54 pm
well said Machine, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say

Maccabee
02-26-07, 5:10 pm
I will try that for my next calv workout. Thanks for the advice Machine

never_2_big
02-26-07, 5:41 pm
you got it right machine, i started doin these toward the end of last year and ive put a massive 2 inches on my calves since, the love the heavy work, and the weight really loads the calves up in the right areas.

eblnyc
02-26-07, 8:16 pm
i always do calves on the smith! best way!

eblnyc
02-26-07, 8:20 pm
machine always has the best posts! he always hits the fucking nail on the head!

RIVERA
02-26-07, 8:25 pm
As bruce lee always said your only limitation should be no limitation. I can always rely on you words, machine. You kick my ass in gear everyday and whenever I feel weak I push harder. I owe u with every rep brother. Strength and Honor.

BigTruck
02-27-07, 12:06 am
(silent head nod)

BigAnt
02-27-07, 12:08 am
I once heard a musician say "the notes you DONT play are more important than the notes you DO play". The way I see it this is gut check time...I love the support and positive atmosphere I see all over this forum. I like to see people helping each other and passing on hard earned knowledge. I also want to tell everyone to redouble their efforts...if you think your trying hard...try harder. If you think you know what pain is...redefine pain in your own world. When you look in the mirror...dont see the new muscle you put on over the last year of training...dont stare at the veins and try to count the new ones. Rather...look at all the space that remains undeveloped...see how much more has to be done. Become frustrated by the speed of your gains...ask yourself what your doing wrong. Show me a man who speaks at length of all he has done right...I will show you a man with glaring limitations. I dont say this to discourage anyone. Surely we have come a long way...surely we are proud...unquestionably there is much left to do. Remember the notes that havent been played yet...see only the muscle you have yet to make your own...act with urgency and manic energy to obtain more of what you want. In doing this you will ensure a dilligent and righteous state of mind...both of which are necessary in this quest...

MACHINE

VERY COOL! AND VERY VERY TRUE!!!

thanks for the info.!

stumblin54
02-27-07, 12:11 am
Puts me in my place. Peace.

Stumblin

NickSP
02-27-07, 12:14 am
I think he should put a bunch of his writings in a book to sell on the site, like one of those chicken soup for the soul things, except call it "Raw Chicken for the Iron Soul" I'm really waitin on my AOM, hopefully there's some exclusive articles by Machine in there

Tron
02-27-07, 12:50 am
Beautiful words.

As I always say:

Satisfaction is the death of improvement.

Cyrus The Virus
02-27-07, 1:32 am
Thanks for the words machine. I needed to read that.

hjayss
02-27-07, 3:16 am
Man you will be surprised when you sit down how much weight you can keep pilling on those calfs. I do a continuous set adding plates every five until failure it is wild take them all off do it again for three sets.

ThickasabricK
02-27-07, 7:12 am
exellent post , i sometimes am cocky kind of , i feel very proud of what i have done , and i kind of lol walk with my chest up high ( well , we deserve to do that from time to time ) , but the next morning , i wake up and say , i look like hell , i look like shit .

thats what keeps me going

Cheko
02-27-07, 11:48 am
Reality check …

D-Rock
02-27-07, 4:12 pm
Satisfaction is the death of desire..

auSStin
02-27-07, 4:32 pm
machine, man, your words are like a red hot fuckin brand being jammed into my brain.

king1
02-27-07, 9:37 pm
ITs been said maybe a dozen times by now, but Machine couldnt be more right. All theses animal writers should make a book titled "inspiration". I havent heard things that make me this determined anywhere else.

paintrain69
02-27-07, 9:39 pm
strong/great words bro...very true

Preston
03-03-07, 6:22 pm
I kept up with your reads after getting the "AOM." I really enjoy everything you write down here, and every time it makes me think brother. You've got a way with words, and either way, your reads are pretty deEEEP.

Inspiration, yes.

boar
03-05-07, 12:38 am
"I am interested in any kind of revolt or disorder, especially in activities which seem to have no meaning" - Jim Morrison

MACHINE

Yo machine,

I know exactly where you are coming from. Many people criticize and question why I go to the gym and pound out the weights. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for speaking the truth. Strength and honor.

Appolos, much respect goes out to you. Keep our nation safe!

Reacher34
03-05-07, 11:01 am
For those of you who missed it at the Arnold, here's another gold nugget of advice from the BIG guy: "2 hours of cardio...ugh, i'd rather eat a turd." Classic. For real tho, we've all read his articles, but there is nothing like hearing the man talk. The man's passion for, and knowledge about what he does is evident in how he talks and how he carries himself. He exudes an aura that's unparallelled by anyone else. Machine, you said that you are not a role model, but i contend that your ideals are worthy of that status.

Xraided831
03-08-07, 7:16 am
I have read a lot of your writing and I must say that you have got to be the most inspirational true Animal I know. Just to think that I knew a lot about this game, then you came and shed some more light into it! You are the Enlightened one my brother

Xraided831

nawaaz
03-08-07, 9:21 am

MACHINE

Honestly, is there anyone else walking this earth who will take the underlying truths of this life that is ours and smack it our face so hard that they HAVE to stick in? Machine's the man who makes a difference. Keep leading us man.

nawaaz

Machine
03-08-07, 6:24 pm
Today was no different than any other day...except maybe for the religeous experience I had in the gym. I walked with God and he told me the secret of the universe. He smiled at me and I felt the raw fury and rage that being a fire breathing desciple of death gives me. I saw miracles happen everywhere I went...I touched weight and it flew up like it had fucking wings. I military pressed 385 for 7 reps...405 for 4 reps and still there were more miracles to come. Somewhere in the 40 sets of shoulders I did...the secret came clear to me. I really dont want 15 more years...15 more weeks...15 more minutes of life...if its not on my own terms. I walked through the battle field dripping in sweat and tasting the blood coming up my throat from the force of shrugs with 9 plates a side...I was in a different dimension...I knew true life and true Love...and I found it inside a crippling muscular contraction that I wished would go on forever. Thank God or Satan or whoever the fuck calls the shots for one true moment of being GODSIZE...

MACHINE

TufffGuY
03-08-07, 6:26 pm
damn bro 9 plates "FREAK"

focused
03-08-07, 6:29 pm
Machine you're a true animal bro, i wish i could do half of that and i'd be satisfied. you're unreal. keep up the hard work. and i love these posts, talk about motivation keeping me in the nuts.

brandonA
03-08-07, 6:30 pm
wow....just fucking wow....how small do i feel now?....

Machine you really know how to light the fire bro.......

-B

JUGGERNAUT
03-08-07, 6:32 pm
Like your name brother, that is the shit right there.

Roland
03-08-07, 6:33 pm
Talk about motivation bro. "Animal"

Mr.Totality
03-08-07, 7:45 pm
Today was no different than any other day...except maybe for the religeous experience I had in the gym. I walked with God and he told me the secret of the universe. He smiled at me and I felt the raw fury and rage that being a fire breathing desciple of death gives me. I saw miracles happen everywhere I went...I touched weight and it flew up like it had fucking wings. I military pressed 385 for 7 reps...405 for 4 reps and still there were more miracles to come. Somewhere in the 40 sets of shoulders I did...the secret came clear to me. I really dont want 15 more years...15 more weeks...15 more minutes of life...if its not on my own terms. I walked through the battle field dripping in sweat and tasting the blood coming up my throat from the force of shrugs with 9 plates a side...I was in a different dimension...I knew true life and true Love...and I found it inside a crippling muscular contraction that I wished would go on forever. Thank God or Satan or whoever the fuck calls the shots for one true moment of being GODSIZE...

MACHINE

405 for 4? What the hell? I bow in your presence.

TheNaturalG
03-08-07, 8:27 pm
Wow, I have never heard of a stronger Military Press then that. Truly a Machine.

Maccabee
03-08-07, 8:35 pm
9 bloody plates now that is fuckin crazy bro. My chest and shoulder strength is really lagging compared to well... everything else. But one day I will bust 405 for each. Thats my goal atleast. For now I am trying to get past the 200lb barrier thats been fuckin holdin me back for some time now.

vIShuS
03-08-07, 8:37 pm
I feel like throwing up now.....I cant stop shaking.....Godsize with Godstrenght. Machine.....you are a TRUE divine human being......above and beyond anything ive ever heard.....divine.....amazing. thanks for the motivation.

-SiSu

BigAnt
03-08-07, 10:50 pm

MACHINE

A GOOD READ!

Dunk
03-08-07, 10:58 pm
Thats sick man

nawaaz
03-08-07, 11:18 pm
Holy fuck. Never thought of lifting as a miracle. You are a true inspiration Machine.

nawaaz

USMC_KILL
03-09-07, 6:41 am
As all have said. Definately great motivation, love tha posts bro.

Foyer
03-09-07, 11:23 am
Holy Shit, bro. I can't wait to get to the gym.

Argos
03-09-07, 11:28 am
Damn how much weight...gives me chills just thinking about being underneath it. Like your name says you are a machine...sick man...very sick...

For the pain...

G Diesel
03-09-07, 11:46 am
These are the kinds of words that keep me on point... Thanks big brother. You won't read shit like this anywhere but here. Peace, G

si
03-09-07, 12:02 pm
just stuffing my face with chicken at work and that made me stop half way through a fillet, that never happens fair play mate im goin gym in 2 hours and countin cant wait now, as said before great motivation

focused
03-09-07, 12:04 pm
These are the kinds of words that keep me on point... Thanks big brother. You won't read shit like this anywhere but here. Peace, G

Aint that the truth. and thank god its here and only here, this is where i find the most motivation.

Cheko
03-09-07, 12:47 pm
The intensity (for the lack of words to describe) Machine brings ... I only seem to glimpse ...

Preston
03-09-07, 2:22 pm
Man has a real way with words.

ironshaolin
03-09-07, 2:48 pm
And this is why he is called the machine. Do you do anything else with your life besides eat, sleep, lift like a madman and think about crazy shit? A man possessed is a man who can accomplish anything he wants.

eblnyc
03-09-07, 4:58 pm
HELL YA! as always beautiful words! I love when machine posts a man after my own heart!

Jaymafin
03-09-07, 5:18 pm
Selfish? Yes but i wish Machine could give me one week of his life, knowledge, spirit and soul so I could train with him.

Reacher34
03-10-07, 3:21 pm
Hey Machine, I noticed the new(?) tat on the left forearm at the Arnold. Couldn't quite read the script tho. You mind tellin us what it says? Just curious.

Machine
03-10-07, 4:52 pm
The script is in Latin and the top line reads "you taught me hate" the second line reads "I will teach you fear" I know that will be all over the boards now. I'll get a letter from the NPC or some shit. Fucking politicians...you can smell them coming a mile away.

MACHINE

Reacher34
03-10-07, 6:47 pm
Screw the politicians man. Keep doin your own thing and when the time comes and you're destroying people on stage, they won't be able to hold you down. Props for rocking meaningful tats and not just ink.

IronLeague
03-13-07, 2:21 am
At that moment God wasn't running shit...neither was Satan.. you were bro.
Keep bangin!

Respect,
IronLeague

ghost
03-13-07, 8:47 am

how very true. good shit machine.

Stabiliser
03-13-07, 9:08 am
I THink GOd overestimated YOUr ability Ushould thank him and not thank whoever or the SAtan!!

IRONADDICT45
03-13-07, 2:07 pm
awesome post as usual by Machine...and yeah its a miracle and a blessing we are all healthy enough to live the lives we do and its through God's strength we can rise up and do anything...many people exemplify that here on this site and im proud to be one of them...fellas dont take one second in the gym or in life for granted

Machine
03-13-07, 4:23 pm
Today the world stopped spinning for a nanosecond...I looked around the weightroom...I saw no one. I looked outside...it seemed that all was right for them...the ones outside my world. They seemed to know all they needed to know. They seemed content in thier own monotany. Waiting at stoplights...shopping for groceries...walking thier dogs...They seemed to need nothing and yet they covet everything. What they sell...I want none of. The things they covet...they may have. I see them peek in every once in a while...no doubt drawn closer by the sounds they hear from within. They are out there...I am in here. I am on patrol...I am on point...I am right the fuck where I belong...my world is right. I want nothing from them...they will get nothing but contempt from me. I make no apologies for my hard heart. I am not sorry...when I look around...this is what I see. It may as well be a world without words...because niether of us could explain ourself to the other anyway. So I sat in my own sweat...without words...without friends..without explanations...immersed in warfare. Honesty is my only excuse. Pain is my only relief. Death is the only release. Sanity is a total deception.

MACHINE

focused
03-13-07, 4:28 pm
Once again, complete real and honest shit from MACHINE. great post.

Giant Killer
03-13-07, 4:31 pm
Machine has truly touched on the fact that we, as bodybuilders, as a driven single machine, are nothing like the trendy rat-race populous machine outside.

Grantski
03-13-07, 4:32 pm
you are the aristotle of iron brother...you inspire others with your words and your presence as always

billmd1334
03-13-07, 4:33 pm
There are no more motivating words on here than what comes from Machine... he's 100% right... it's us against everyone in the gym. Are you ready for the fight?

G Diesel
03-13-07, 4:35 pm
They seemed to need nothing and yet they covet everything.

That is humanity... Wanting it all, yet too comfortable in that which is ordinary to pay the price to get it. Needing so much that is unnecessary. Thanks again for the perspective bro. Peace, G

IRON_ITALIAN
03-13-07, 4:46 pm
Give this man the Pulitzer. You hit the nail on the head. You're the shit Machine!

Revolutionary
03-13-07, 4:58 pm
Me and machine have a very close fuckin way of thinkin.... let us keep preaching the REAL truth and reminding those that our path is light.... and if ur a pussy please do us a favor and get off the board cause this is for real motha fuckas..... thx machine!

H Bomb
03-13-07, 5:28 pm
That type of shit is what gets me motivated for leg day, which is today. When the bar is loaded and bending, I look in the mirror as I step into the rack, and see doubt in the eyes of those upon me. That is the moment I dig the bar into my traps and into controlled rage. They come to the gym to work out, I come to go to war!

FFmaple16
03-13-07, 5:50 pm
great post Machine. gives me the motivation to go push myself in the gym everyday harder than the last. you truly are a freekin Animal

never_2_big
03-13-07, 7:02 pm
i have to be honest, a few years back i lived as they did, buying everything and forever wanting more, but i heard the voice one day screaming at me i found the iron and liked the feel of it in my hands. i know there is no turning back and i know this is the world where i belong.

machine your words hit home like never before, they inspire to no end brother.

ironshaolin
03-13-07, 7:07 pm
Machine talks like a buddhist. Except a really angry buddhist that is obsessed with lifting.

Toni69
03-13-07, 7:17 pm
Today the world stopped spinning for a nanosecond...I looked around the weightroom...I saw no one. I looked outside...it seemed that all was right for them...the ones outside my world. They seemed to know all they needed to know. They seemed content in thier own monotany. Waiting at stoplights...shopping for groceries...walking thier dogs...They seemed to need nothing and yet they covet everything. What they sell...I want none of. The things they covet...they may have. I see them peek in every once in a while...no doubt drawn closer by the sounds they hear from within. They are out there...I am in here. I am on patrol...I am on point...I am right the fuck where I belong...my world is right. I want nothing from them...they will get nothing but contempt from me. I make no apologies for my hard heart. I am not sorry...when I look around...this is what I see. It may as well be a world without words...because niether of us could explain ourself to the other anyway. So I sat in my own sweat...without words...without friends..without explanations...immersed in warfare. Honesty is my only excuse. Pain is my only relief. Death is the only release. Sanity is a total deception.

MACHINE

“Life is difficult. This is the great truth, one of the greatest truths—it is a great truth because once we see this truth, we transcend it.”
M. Scott Peck (American psychiatrist and Author, 1936-2005)

Machine,

Your always inside looking out...There's a certain kind of peace and feeling when looking out from your safety net for just a moment, as you glance out into the real world, isnt there?. ... everything seems to be in curiously sharp focus just for that moment. I have been there myself...you may call it transcending...I think its a delayed reaction. Awesome and insightful post once again...you do this on purpose...we can never figure you out...not totally at least..LOL

Nas
03-14-07, 5:14 am
Right on point!
I have the same feeling everytime I go to the gym. Normal people go back home and I go to war. It's a very strong and motivating feeling.

Stabiliser
03-14-07, 6:36 am
thats inspiration!

gnoll5
03-14-07, 9:36 am
nice post machine...well said.

brandonA
03-14-07, 4:16 pm
Honesty is my only excuse. Pain is my only relief. Death is the only release. Sanity is a total deception.

MACHINE

The fucking truth brother, the fucking truth....
-B

sjchris408
03-14-07, 8:06 pm
Sounds like you did legs today.

k1usa
03-14-07, 8:12 pm
Machineus Maxamus Est Destructus Weightum

you got me rocken Machine...got your poster right here in my office..makes me want to punish the iron...

eblnyc
03-16-07, 8:14 pm
beautiful as always!machine your the fuckin man!

The Razorback
03-21-07, 6:49 pm
Machine thanks for taking the time to write the motivatin shit you do. Right now Im going throw that dark semi depressed pissed stage that you go throw when a bunch of shit blows up in your face. Your overcome tat says it all. But all this shit gone wrong has given me even more intensity in the gym. I had the best shoulder workout I can remeber this mornin. Maybe I should thank that bitch but she don't deserve no sense of satisfaction from me. Any way keep up the good work I gotta hit calves abbs and cardio this afternoon.

Reacher34
03-22-07, 2:40 am
Machine....i remember you saying you're shooting for 350. Beyond that....you got a date circled? I think we're all a little curious as to if and when you're gonna step on stage.

G Diesel
03-22-07, 10:10 am
The script is in Latin and the top line reads "you taught me hate" the second line reads "I will teach you fear" I know that will be all over the boards now. I'll get a letter from the NPC or some shit. Fucking politicians...you can smell them coming a mile away.

MACHINE

Damn... He let the cat out of the bag. I thought I was privy to privileged information. Gotta love that "dead" language that gave life to so many of the world's native tongues.

The way I see it... Better a letter from the NPC than the NSA. Peace, G

jbizzle
03-22-07, 6:56 pm
what is the script untranslated? just curious and i like other languages.

Machine
03-22-07, 8:22 pm
Of course I have a date circled...I will acheive this milestone if it kills me...if it kills you. As for the stage...I like the concrete beneath my feet. I love this sport in all phases...I wont go to nationals for 5 years and jump through hoops to prove it though. If the spirit so moves me...I will jump up on stage. A few top guys want to work with me now that they see me at 328 and looking respectable. Every other fucking day I blow something out...Its all part of the love of the game. Charge it to the game. Part of this life for me is overcoming the setbacks...if this were easy...everyone would do it. Something goes POP!!! Next thing you know...your in the E.R. with some asshole doctor who spends his days treating old ladies with bruised hips. He looks at you like you are a Gorilla or some shit...then he looks at my shit and says "you will never train again" Then I throw him out of my fucking room by his face...and say...NOW GET ME A REAL DOC. This is all part of what I do. I will test the limits...I will see how much I can tolerate...I will give you all something new to look at. This is what drives me...this is what keeps me awake at night...this is my legacy...this is all I want. If that path runs through a bodybuilding competition...you bet your ass I will drive it like I stole it...and fuck it like I own it. Aside from that we will have some times of turbulent discovery with eachother...I am gonna get in your heads...we are connected.

MACHINE

Machine
03-22-07, 8:47 pm
I have noticed in the past few weeks that there are alot more entries regarding injuries on the forum. I am also aware of my responsibility as it relates to the training practices I speak about here. I want to try to convince you to take heart...injuries are more a part of this lifestyle than almost all the other components. The only thing I can promise you is pain by the truckload. I cant promise you growth or glory or success...but I can tell you what will happen if you stay in this game for the long haul. You will thrive...you will fly...you WILL fall...you will run...sometimes you will crawl...you will feel the warmth of the sun on your face...and you will feel a dark cloud settle over every move you make. I can promise you everything and nothing all at once...and that is all okay. People say its not realistic to expect to keep enduring serious injuries...I say it is the height of fantasy to expect to train at maximum levels without becoming injured...either some people are REALLY lucky...or they take it easy in the weightroom. How can we push the envelope to new levels without risking it all for the gains? I rip myself and everyone around me to pieces for the small gains that I make each day. Do not walk away and do not listen to people that seek to limit you in any way...you can learn alot by reading a book...you can learn even more...by writing your own book. To do that you cant ask for permission from the people around you...you have to act like they dont even exist. Fall in love with the things you hate the most...pain...fear...obsession...Learn to hate all that you ever embraced...complacency...capitulation...compromise . Those are the real weights you must lift...the ones that weigh your soul down. Take heart in the fact that I have had so many injuries...and so many times I was told to walk away...and I said FUCK YOU!!!

MACHINE

TufffGuY
03-22-07, 8:51 pm
damn that shit get me pysched, nice words Machine

born0withno0soul
03-22-07, 8:56 pm
all i can say is "thanks". some of the things you say can leave a man speachless, only because you have lived your words. many people can be wise but only a few have seen the wisdom. that may sound corney but i dont know what else to say.

musclealchemist
03-22-07, 9:10 pm
you the man, i try to live like that everyday.

Gambit
03-22-07, 9:12 pm
Of course I have a date circled...I will acheive this milestone if it kills me...if it kills you. As for the stage...I like the concrete beneath my feet. I love this sport in all phases...I wont go to nationals for 5 years and jump through hoops to prove it though. If the spirit so moves me...I will jump up on stage. A few top guys want to work with me now that they see me at 328 and looking respectable. Every other fucking day I blow something out...Its all part of the love of the game. Charge it to the game. Part of this life for me is overcoming the setbacks...if this were easy...everyone would do it. Something goes POP!!! Next thing you know...your in the E.R. with some asshole doctor who spends his days treating old ladies with bruised hips. He looks at you like you are a Gorilla or some shit...then he looks at my shit and says "you will never train again" Then I throw him out of my fucking room by his face...and say...NOW GET ME A REAL DOC. This is all part of what I do. I will test the limits...I will see how much I can tolerate...I will give you all something new to look at. This is what drives me...this is what keeps me awake at night...this is my legacy...this is all I want. If that path runs through a bodybuilding competition...you bet your ass I will drive it like I stole it...and fuck it like I own it. Aside from that we will have some times of turbulent discovery with eachother...I am gonna get in your heads...we are connected.

MACHINE

Machine, your intensity is unmatched. Every time I need somebody to relight the fuse under my ass, your articles are the ones I look to. The only thing I can really say is, Thank you, Machine.

Madcat
03-22-07, 9:20 pm
You know this is crazy because I just did shoulders tuesday and my rotator cup was hurting so bad after I decided from here on out I would cut out my DB military and swap for Smith Machine Military, with less work on the stabilizer muscles, hence less strain on the shoulder.

But to keep with it, the reason I say this is I could have said you know I should just take a month or 2 off and rest and recoup, but I figured instead I would just change it up and continue striving to be better. I know that Im no where near where I could be if I continue to work.

Stay true, stay strong, and stand proud. Thanks for the words Machine, seeing you at the Arnold was incredible.