PDA

View Full Version : protein and bulking

Gorilla.
06-20-11, 9:23 pm
ive been told that muscle milk protein is shitty and is bad soooo, there are a ton of different choices for proteins in the universal list... what one is best for the bulk?

let me kno thx

B.S.
06-20-11, 9:29 pm
best for bulk? real gains for sure

Gorilla.
06-20-11, 9:31 pm
best for bulk? real gains for sure

really?, i was told ultra whey pro or ultra iso whey or wtf ever it is was good too, but your first to post so real gains it is lol

B.S.
06-20-11, 9:34 pm
i take 2 to 3 real gains shakes a day on bulks and it works
start with 1 and move up if needed
cause it can get expensive

Gorilla.
06-20-11, 9:39 pm
i take 2 to 3 real gains shakes a day on bulks and it works
start with 1 and move up if needed
cause it can get expensive

yah i can see that even lookin on dps nutrition, owell all good i got a job haha my whole damn stack cost 177$, lasts me (besides the protein) for like 2-2.5 months since im only on a 3 day split atm

SailinScotty
06-20-11, 11:04 pm
Go with the Real Gains and you won't be dissappointed.

Back To Basics
06-21-11, 12:35 am
It's up to you man, Real gains is a weight gainer.

If you want solid protein alone than take ultra whey pro, cheap effective and does the job good.
If your like me a weight gainer would make you put on 5 lbs over night, if not than go for it.

Sprint
06-21-11, 10:22 am
Throwin my hat in the ring just to see wot other replies come up. Always lookin for that edge.

TigerAce01
06-21-11, 11:40 am
Milk and Egg Protein. I had the best results ever with it, and now they revamped the formula. Great nutrition and amino profile. If you want more calories/carbs, add in milk, peanut butter, oats...whatever meets your macros.

The price is great too.

-Ace

Aggression
06-21-11, 12:04 pm
The time I had my best gains (50lbs of solid mass in 8 months), I was using nothing but 6 whole food meals per day paired with one serving of Torrent postWO. BOOM.

BarbellManiac
06-21-11, 2:46 pm
The time I had my best gains (50lbs of solid mass in 8 months), I was using nothing but 6 whole food meals per day paired with one serving of Torrent postWO. BOOM.

Was that all muscle or water+fat and glycogen?

Aggression
06-21-11, 2:59 pm
Was that all muscle or water+fat and glycogen?

It wasn't all muscle, that's for sure. But it was mostly clean gains. It was just a matter of finally eating the necessary amount of calories for growth. For years, I thought I was eating enough calories yet kept wondering why I wasn't growing. Once I teamed up with someone who knew what they were doing, I took off. Also, about 15lbs of that was a rebound from dieting down, so say 35lbs of mass in that time frame.

Gorilla.
06-21-11, 3:33 pm
It wasn't all muscle, that's for sure. But it was mostly clean gains. It was just a matter of finally eating the necessary amount of calories for growth. For years, I thought I was eating enough calories yet kept wondering why I wasn't growing. Once I teamed up with someone who knew what they were doing, I took off. Also, about 15lbs of that was a rebound from dieting down, so say 35lbs of mass in that time frame.

thats nice gains, ill be messing around with my diet and ill proly add in some real gains too, ive already gained about 40 lbs of mass in uh lets say 7-8 months? and i dont know if most of it is muscle but my bf% and my looks havent really changed at all lol

C.Coronato
06-21-11, 4:32 pm
When i was bulking I did have mostly whole food meals, BUT. I did have my famous 1000 cal shake:

3 Scoops Real Gains
Banana
PB
16oz Whole Milk
1/2 cup Oats
Blend.
Enjoy.
Grow.

Gorilla.
06-21-11, 7:37 pm
When i was bulking I did have mostly whole food meals, BUT. I did have my famous 1000 cal shake:

3 Scoops Real Gains
Banana
PB
16oz Whole Milk
1/2 cup Oats
Blend.
Enjoy.
Grow.

nice man, u think i could slap some granola or somthin in there for some extra good or would that just ruin shit lol

BarbellManiac
06-21-11, 7:56 pm

That's a huge increase.

J Wolf
06-24-11, 12:27 pm

3 Scoops Real Gains
Banana
PB
16oz Whole Milk
1/2 cup Oats
Blend.
Enjoy.
Grow.

That right there is 1000 kcals?
What are the Macros on that and the real gains alone?