PDA

View Full Version : No Dairy and No Fruit???!!!!!!!!

SteelaBalla
06-25-11, 1:54 am
So i was reading this article on bb.com. The article claims that dairy products like milk and yogurt are def no-no and fruits are also should be taken out of the diet. Are you serious?? I mean no milk and no fruit?? Is this really the price we gotta pay to stay lean? These natural products. especially fruits! Nature put these things out there, how can that be harmful for the diet?

Back To Basics
06-25-11, 4:53 am
So i was reading this article on bb.com. The article claims that dairy products like milk and yogurt are def no-no and fruits are also should be taken out of the diet. Are you serious?? I mean no milk and no fruit?? Is this really the price we gotta pay to stay lean? These natural products. especially fruits! Nature put these things out there, how can that be harmful for the diet?

Keep an open mind but don't always listen to lots of those articles, there's a lot of bullshit out there.
Eat your Veggies and Fruits they are natural and essential to human health, if milk doesn't make you gassy and feel bad drink up.

Bruiser
06-25-11, 7:59 am
Could you post a link to that article? I want to see how stupid this thing is. I love my fruit, veggies and dairy.

SteelaBalla
06-25-11, 2:07 pm
HEre you go bro.. I actually got mad at the whole system because of this.. I love milk! and my fruits!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/just-say-no-to-6-diet-killers.html

Could you post a link to that article? I want to see how stupid this thing is. I love my fruit, veggies and dairy.

Sprint
06-25-11, 2:48 pm
For me, it's all a bit textbooky. Works in theory, but not convinced.

And with all due respect, the pic on the "about the author" section doesn't exactly show a hugely ripped specimen...

Just sayin.

Bruiser
06-25-11, 3:10 pm
For me, it's all a bit textbooky. Works in theory, but not convinced.

And with all due respect, the pic on the "about the author" section doesn't exactly show a hugely ripped specimen...

Just sayin.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'm at the end of a BIG bulk cycle and I look more defined than that guy.

fenix237
06-25-11, 7:09 pm
i agree that fruits and veggies are healthy and should be eaten regularly BUT we all know there are certain diets that restrict certain these in the attempt of dialing in a 'perfect' diet.

i'm guessing many of us are aways off from needing to eliminate these from our diet in order to see progress- personally i cant ever see myself cutting out fruits, with the exception of a low carb day when carb cycling (even then an apple or berries is ok)

LegendKillerJosh
06-25-11, 9:49 pm
The first thing I was taught in my first nutrition course was that there is no such thing as a good or bad food, everything can have a time and place. There are only good and bad diets, and by diet I mean what you consume regularly, not some gimmick like paleo or warrior or whatever bullshit.

Now to actually dispute what he says for real - mustard has 0 calories, put it on whatever you like. Dairy like eggs, skim milk and plain yogurt pack protein punches with little to no carbs at all. Plenty of fruits like peaches and pears pack a big portion of there carbs from fiber and contain not a lot of sugar at all per serving. Cheating also won't hurt unless done in excess.

N. Motta
06-26-11, 1:08 am
That's why I don't listen to that stuff anymore. In my opinion it mainly would apply to competitive bodybuilders who need to look as lean as possible. Me, I want to be strong and healthy. So - give me two servings of fruit and dairy, I don't give a shit if someone has a better "6 pack" than me.