PDA

View Full Version : Why Torrent has so little protein in 3 scoops?

SteelaBalla
06-25-11, 2:04 am
Yea just like in the title, why torrent has only 20 grams of protein in 3 scoops? Is it like a marketing thing or theres a purpose behind it? Bcoz many bodybuilders say 50 grams of protein pwo and then a meal. If you follow that you'll end up using 7-8 scoops which means roughly 60 grams of sugar and 120 grams of carbs and a new order in 10 days.. But at the same time everybody talks about the torrent. So is there something that I am missing?

Back To Basics
06-25-11, 4:58 am
Torrent has 20 grams of Partially-Hyrdrolyzed Whey protein which means it passes through your liver and gets absorbed quicker than regular protein. Torrent has 3Grams of Creatine in it, A heavy dosage of Leucine the Amino Acid which is very anabolic and stimulates protein synthesis, and 7grams of performance optimisers such as Glutamine, Citrulline Malate and Taurine plus more. All on top of that you have 52 grams of High glyceamic Carbohydrates which spike insulin very well too shuttle Nutrients into muscles. Torrent is everything but your regular protein drink.
In simple terms you've got this
-20 grams of Partially Hydrolyzed Protein
-Basically a bottle of Gatorade the serving
-3 Grams of Creatine
-2 Servings of A BCAA product
-Glutamine,Taurine + Other goodies

Very good post workout shake.

All up man, protein gets broken down into Amino Acids - there are non essential and essential amino acids. Protein contains both and post workout your body has to break them down and use the essential ones so why not take out the breaking down of the protein and give your body straight ESSENTIAL amino acids and not the ones you don't need. Anyone who knows thing or two about supplements will see torrent is great, just do your research and read. Give it a try and see for yourself.

SteelaBalla
06-25-11, 7:30 am
Appreciate the comment again man. I was just curious.. Wasnt tryin to diss lol. But thanks for the detailed info.

Torrent has 20 grams of Partially-Hyrdrolyzed Whey protein which means it passes through your liver and gets absorbed quicker than regular protein. Torrent has 3Grams of Creatine in it, A heavy dosage of Leucine the Amino Acid which is very anabolic and stimulates protein synthesis, and 7grams of performance optimisers such as Glutamine, Citrulline Malate and Taurine plus more. All on top of that you have 52 grams of High glyceamic Carbohydrates which spike insulin very well too shuttle Nutrients into muscles. Torrent is everything but your regular protein drink.
-3 Grams of Creatine

All up man, protein gets broken down into Amino Acids - there are non essential and essential amino acids. Protein contains both and post workout your body has to break them down and use the essential ones so why not take out the breaking down of the protein and give your body straight ESSENTIAL amino acids and not the ones you don't need. Anyone who knows thing or two about supplements will see torrent is great, just do your research and read. Give it a try and see for yourself.

dannynb
06-25-11, 9:15 am
-3 Grams of Creatine

Great post and perfect for a quick pwo reboot just before a solid meal!!!

mritter3
06-25-11, 9:28 am
Great post and perfect for a quick pwo reboot just before a solid meal!!!

I'm with ya Danny...my favorite pwo formula...everything u need and its flooded in my system very quickly.

Aggression
06-25-11, 10:10 am
People often raise an eyebrow at a product boasting only 20g protein, but its not ordinary whey protein concentrate/isolate. Its hydrolyzed whey, meaning it'll be absorbed much quicker/more efficiently compared to ordinary whey. Plus, protein isn't the most important ingredient postWO; carbohydrates are (when looking to bulk up).

I haven't used any type of protein postWO in about a year, and I've had the most successful year yet ..

Survivor831
06-25-11, 11:11 am
Remember that your post workout shake or concoction is not meant to be a meal replacement. You should be eating a whole food meal within an hour of your post shake anyway. A post workout shake is just to get you back on track and then ready to go again in an hour. Torrent has it all.

GUNS
06-25-11, 1:39 pm
Surviveor took the words away from me, it is ment for a quick flood of the right nutrients in your body, then you should be eating a meal about an hour later. Not another protein shake, solid food. It been working great for me over the last 3 months. I will be keping it in from now on.

ionicrod
06-25-11, 3:43 pm
There is a whole lot in just those three scoops my friend.

Back To Basics
06-25-11, 8:08 pm
Appreciate the comment again man. I was just curious.. Wasnt tryin to diss lol. But thanks for the detailed info.

All good man, I wasn't trying to be a dick too haha. Just getting the info out.

SteelaBalla
06-26-11, 2:00 am
Lol hell no i didnt say that. I might have sounded like I was dissing so just to clarify that. Thanks again.

All good man, I wasn't trying to be a dick too haha. Just getting the info out.

Back To Basics
06-26-11, 3:39 am
Lol hell no i didnt say that. I might have sounded like I was dissing so just to clarify that. Thanks again.

Same here.

Cellardweller
06-26-11, 12:12 pm
I throw in a scoop of Ultra Whey Pro. That brings it up to 50 grams. I don't go home and eat right away.

AceKombat
06-26-11, 1:01 pm
ANy thoughts on the other PWO supplement called LAVA?

Back To Basics
06-26-11, 9:23 pm
ANy thoughts on the other PWO supplement called LAVA?

It's a solid supp from what I've heard, I think of Sorrent as the Son of Lava. If that makes sense hahaha, but seriously; similar profiles got your creatine, carbs and protein plus taurine and extras. Torrent is just more advanced

AceKombat
06-26-11, 10:12 pm
I havent tried torrent yet- since i got a full bottle of LAVA here- i really like the orange slush flavor. I'll try the torrent next and see. :)