PDA

View Full Version : Herbs and spice make things nice

iron junkie
06-25-11, 3:27 pm
Guys you all eat a lot of rice be it brown or white comments range from taste like shit, not again you get the picture. Guys just a few suggestions for rice add a few green cardamon pods half a stick of cinnamon star aniese and chili flacks when boiling or steaming your rice.

Yams chop up place in a bowl a few teaspoons of olive oil and some cumin roast them in the oven till soft and crispy on the outside.

Veg like pepper and onions I always roast in the oven with some chilli pepper or cajun seasoning and a few teaspoons of your oil of choice. I keep these in a tub and stir in a few spooonfuls with my rice.

Just a few ideas guys let me know what you think and how you use herbs and spices in your diet to cheer things up. Remember a lot of these will have added affects check online eg chilli good for the mebtabilism etc.

Bruiser
06-25-11, 4:11 pm
If I'm cooking something savory I try to add garlic, ginger and cayenne. And if I'm making something sweet I add cinnamon. Not just for the flavor, but because of all the added benefits these spices/herbs provide. I also take all of these in a supplement form throughout the day as well.

ITZ EPIK
07-07-11, 5:59 pm
I'm not a fan of onions at all...in fact I tell restaurants I'm allergic to them just so they don't add them in. However I tried roasted them in the oven like you said with some chilli pepper and they were actually tasty!!

Normally when I cook chicken on the grill i mix a little vinegar and cayenne pepper. Just enough vinegar to make almost a paste. Something you can brush on your chicken to coat it.