PDA

View Full Version : Everybodies a god damn critic!

Palmer
06-26-11, 7:32 pm
So I'm at a little get together with some friends and one decides to give me the lowdown on why i won't make it as a bodybuilder. Well I'm 18 and he's 17 right now and can't miss the fact that he weighs 135 pounds soakin wet ha. I started lifting seriously last august and i think i've made monumental gains so far i was around 160 when i started and by november i weighed 165. since then i've put on 20-23 pounds of almost all clean weight. so he tells me, you know i think youll get a little bigger.. but you won't be able to body build, you started to late in your life.... haha what the fuck? does he realize what he just told me.. this is the guy who says he wants to get bigger.. and hits the gym maybe 1 time a month and says he's eating to get big by scarfin down some chicken sandwich and a double down at kfc. yeah good fuckin luck bud. Never a shortage of these little pricks around, just wanted to tell my big FUCK YOU story of the week.. im sure there will be another one next week!

PORTERHOUSE
06-26-11, 8:03 pm
So I'm at a little get together with some friends and one decides to give me the lowdown on why i won't make it as a bodybuilder. Well I'm 18 and he's 17 right now and can't miss the fact that he weighs 135 pounds soakin wet ha. I started lifting seriously last august and i think i've made monumental gains so far i was around 160 when i started and by november i weighed 165. since then i've put on 20-23 pounds of almost all clean weight. so he tells me, you know i think youll get a little bigger.. but you won't be able to body build, you started to late in your life.... haha what the fuck? does he realize what he just told me.. this is the guy who says he wants to get bigger.. and hits the gym maybe 1 time a month and says he's eating to get big by scarfin down some chicken sandwich and a double down at kfc. yeah good fuckin luck bud. Never a shortage of these little pricks around, just wanted to tell my big FUCK YOU story of the week.. im sure there will be another one next week!

Ya know man, based on the information here, one could assume your friend may be secretly jealous, especially because it sounds like he is slight of build and you're "growing" away from him. If he wants to criticize, let him do it. Don't get mad, argue, or take it personally, just let it roll off you're back. Silently use that shit as extra motivation and speak with actions, not words. If you keep at it, in a few years from now you're physique can do the talking for you.

There's a million loudmouth bullshit bodybuilders out there, stay humble.

P.S. 18 is a great age to start, if you can actually stick with it.

Aggression
06-26-11, 8:42 pm
"Ey'body wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift this heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.

He said it best. This sport ain't for everybody. Those who can, do. Those who can't .. they just sit around, bitch, and complain about everything. Just do you.

Machine
06-27-11, 10:27 pm

I hope you didn't reply or even acknowledge this indivisual's existance; banality is best met with stone silence. Do not waste one minute of your precious time justifying anything you do to anyone. And pay particular attention to this - Even if this type of commentary came form an invidual you regarded highly; do not allow it to poison your resolve and positivity.

Just keep moving forward and give no ground.

MACHINE

Polk17
06-27-11, 10:32 pm
I hope you didn't reply or even acknowledge this indivisual's existance; banality is best met with stone silence. Do not waste one minute of your precious time justifying anything you do to anyone. And pay particular attention to this - Even if this type of commentary came form an invidual you regarded highly; do not allow it to poison your resolve and positivity.

MACHINE

Well said here... Not surprisingly...

Anyone who would use their breath and energy to tell you why you can't or won't do something isn't worth your breath and energy to explain to them why you can/will...

BarbellManiac
06-27-11, 11:03 pm
There are about 6 billion people in this world, you can't please them all. You don't need to listen to your "friend" when he criticizes you. Greg Valentino said a great thing about people in one video, Those that can do and Those that can teach, learn from doers than the teachers.

Aggression
06-28-11, 8:06 am
There are about 6 billion people in this world, you can't please them all. You don't need to listen to your "friend" when he criticizes you. Greg Valentino said a great thing about people in one video, Those that can do and Those that can teach, learn from doers than the teachers.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Great line. GV is a very intelligent dude.

BarbellManiac
06-28-11, 12:16 pm
Typo, forgot to add t.

Shorts
06-28-11, 6:01 pm
Ya know man, based on the information here, one could assume your friend may be secretly jealous, especially because it sounds like he is slight of build and you're "growing" away from him. If he wants to criticize, let him do it. Don't get mad, argue, or take it personally, just let it roll off you're back. Silently use that shit as extra motivation and speak with actions, not words. If you keep at it, in a few years from now you're physique can do the talking for you.

^^Yes Very True.

Palmer
06-28-11, 8:58 pm
i hear ya guys, haha i didn't even try to explain to him why. i do this shit because i love it haha not gonna listen to anyboddy

Machine
06-28-11, 9:00 pm
i hear ya guys, haha i didn't even try to explain to him why. i do this shit because i love it haha not gonna listen to anyboddy

Good for you! Keep doing your thing and never fucking surrender...

MACHINE

Sprint
06-30-11, 9:40 am

P.S. 18 is a great age to start, if you can actually stick with it.

Exactly what sprang to my mind when I read the OP

"Ey'body wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift this heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.

He said it best. This sport ain't for everybody. Those who can, do. Those who can't .. they just sit around, bitch, and complain about everything. Just do you.

MACHINE

All of these and more sum it up so well. I myself recently stood my ground against a 'friend' who's never lifted, but felt the need to make a cheap jibe at my expense. Suddenly he's 'only having a laugh' & starts playing the victim when I put him in his place.

Now, out of the moment, I wish I'd not even bothered wasting my time with him to begin with. From now on, any criticism that isn't constructive will be met with, at most, a simple "yeh..."

From my own experience, if you stick at it, in about 5 or 6 years that same guy will be joining a gym as the middle aged spread starts to appear, & he'll be constantly in your ear for advices.

chrisco915
06-30-11, 10:59 am
I always wonder where you all find these negative people. I have never in all my years had anyone discourage me or even try to comment on my life choices.

18 to young to start BBing? On what planet does that comment even make sense.

Tiny1102
07-01-11, 4:24 pm
The whole reason I do what I do is, because someone said I could not. It put fuel on my fire. That should motivate you big time to prove them wrong.

Appollonian
07-01-11, 4:37 pm

MACHINE

This ^. Motivational statement of the year.

LegendKillerJosh
08-06-11, 9:37 pm
You know what's funny, something similar actually OFTEN happens to me. I have an addiction, but I have not drank for nearly a year. And when I'm around people who are partying/drinking, they have the nerve to ask me why I'm not drinking. And when I tell them I don't drink, they have the fucking nerve to ask me why I don't drink. I want to blow up on these people. I don't need to give you a reason why I don't poison my body. I don't need to give you a reason why I don't want to spend money on something detrimental to my health that makes me act retarded and feel like shit, oh and ruins my training and dieting. I should be the one asking them why they do drink.

AJP1
08-07-11, 12:27 am
You know what's funny, something similar actually OFTEN happens to me. I have an addiction, but I have not drank for nearly a year. And when I'm around people who are partying/drinking, they have the nerve to ask me why I'm not drinking. And when I tell them I don't drink, they have the fucking nerve to ask me why I don't drink. I want to blow up on these people. I don't need to give you a reason why I don't poison my body. I don't need to give you a reason why I don't want to spend money on something detrimental to my health that makes me act retarded and feel like shit, oh and ruins my training and dieting. I should be the one asking them why they do drink.

Real talk. I don't really drink much either it's slowly going on 2 months.

Grue
08-23-11, 9:30 am

Amen, brother!

Palmer
08-24-11, 12:14 am
in the end all you can really do is just shrug it off and say yeah man.. any other type of retaliation is met with being accused of having roid rage.. its funny how it works out though.. slowly they notice your about twice as big as them and whenever a physical game of football or somthin goes down their the ones bitchin cuz your not on their team ;). i hear you on the drinking too bro.. ill go out and have a couple beers and im gettin grilled because im not halfway into a case of beer and makin an ass out of myself. hah go have your drinks kid...the real men have legs in the morning.

Carrnage
08-25-11, 7:06 pm

Feel ya man.

Whenever your in that situation, literally lay the smackdown on them verbally, it will feel so damn good.

Mickey
08-27-11, 8:23 pm

MACHINE

machines right, dont even worry about what this guy says. that, or use it to your advantage and think of him next time you find yourself under a heavy bar; bet that will motivate you to finish the set...