PDA

View Full Version : Back into the fold after 4 years

zachlloyd
07-01-11, 2:24 am
Ive been lazy for the last 4 years, got married, had a kid, and got fat and lazy. I finally took a good look in the mirror and decided to wake up and quit gliding through life and make some changes, to achieve things I used to think of as standard and would never go away. At the moment I'm 6'2 weight 280 and have about 40 lbs to lose to get lean again. My main goal is to lose the fat covering the bulk I have kept over 4 years, suppose thats genetics to thank. Also, it will be easier to build a workout when I can actually see what parts of the muscles have slipped.

Will post workout and diet plans

zachlloyd
07-01-11, 2:26 am
Heres the split I'm thinking about, I'm separating Bi's and Tri's, dunno if thats advised or not but ive 6 days a week and I want to use them.
AM's Mon-Chest Tue-Back Wed-shoulders Thur-Legs Fri-Tri's Sat-Bi's
PM's Cardio done daily for 300-400 calories

Diet is 3083 cals comin 24, 40, 36 percent from fat, carb, prot respectively comes out to about 280 g protien, about 1g per pound of total body weight(including fat mass).
Meal 1- 4 egg whites and 1/2c oatmeal with banana, animal Pak(also my Preworkout meal)
Pre W/o shock therapy, with 5g glutamine
Intra w/o Scivatioin Xtend(fits my budget better, trying to convince wife to up it but no luck as of yet)
Post w/o Storm and 5g glutamine- 30 min later 3 scoops Real Gains with 8oz skim milk
Meal 2- 10oz chicken and large salad
Meal 3- 4oz Talapia and 16oz mixed veg
Around 6pm, I take 3 more scoops of Real Gains in 8oz skim milk, cardio comes after classes around 8 or in the afternoon aorund 4
Pre Sleep- 1 scoop Ultra Whey Pro in 8oz skim milk

Plan on taking Animul Cuts until i get to the BF I want then switching to M-Stak,

zachlloyd
07-01-11, 2:29 am
Plan on doing 2 sets of each exercise for 12-15 until about 2 weeks in, then going to 3 sets, then 4 sets about month in, then dropping reps to 8-10 about 2 weeks after that, maybee some sixes on the last set, and after a month or two going to 5 sets for compounds and several others.

Monday- AM Bench, Incline DB, Decline DB, Incline Cable Press, Decline Cable Press, Low Cable Fly, then finishing with Straight Arm DB pullovers and Dips.
PM Cardio

Tuesday AM-15 pullups(only doing 2 at a time at the moment), Bent over BB row, Deadlift, Close grip high hammer row, close grip mid hammer row, DB shrugs, Lying incline DB shrugs, Back hyperextensions.
PM Cardio, Wrist Curls and Ulnar wrist deviations

Wednesday AM-Military Press, Upright Row, Seated rear lateral raises, Seated rear rev fly, seated lateral raises, lying incline lateral raises(good stretch in shoulders), Front lateral raises.
PM Cardio, Rev Wrist curls, Radial wrist deviations.

Thursday AM-Squats(doing 4 sets to start going up to 7 by the end), Hip sled, leg ext, lying leg curl, Romanian deadlift, standing calf raise, seated calf raise.
PM Cardio(lighter session), Cable hip adductors and abductors, glute cable kickbacks, rev calf raises.

Working on finding an arm blaster for arm days, anyone know a good place to get one?
Friday AM-Close grip bench, dips, skull crushers, kickbacks, overhead BB tri ext, rev cable pressdown, cable pressdown with rope to finish everything off.
PM-Cardio(lighter session depending on how legs feel)shoulder internal and external rotations.

Saturday AM-BB curl, Seated Alternating DB supinating curl, Rev Preacher Cable curl, Hammer curl, Concentration curl, wrist pronation, wrist supination
PM-Cardio, Farmers Walk

During the day, except sunday,doing a total of 25 pushups to start with, ab work, Pullups or hangs, Neck flexion and extensions. This is similar to what I did in Afghanstan, my body seemed to respond extremely well to very high volume, set PR's across the board. Using storm, shock therapy, Stack, Cuts,and lots of real gains. Lost about 8% BF, added 6 inches to my chest(up to a 59), 2 1/2 on my arms, got to 19 3/4, was so close haha, calves went to 19's, thighs up to 31's, and got back into my size 34 pants, loved the way i looked and want it back haha. In the Stan i even went up to about 70 sets on leg days during my last 3 months, was insane and could barely walk, or sit on the crapper, but we were loading off of missions so i figured i would kick it up, got the idea from a Jay Cutler workout i saw, nightmarish workout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, like, if i should wait to kick the volume way up until im done restricting calories, or if i should just roll with it so long as progress is being made, Thanks yall

C.Coronato
07-01-11, 12:20 pm
Welcome back my man, your in a great place!

Bruiser
07-01-11, 2:21 pm
Welcome back to the game bro. It looks like you're focused and ready to rock. The only thing I want to suggest is to do bi's and tri's the same day. If you do them both on Friday you will acomplish two things:
1. you will get an insane pump and stretch the muscle fascia in the arm by traing them together
2. Give yourself two days off to rest
I run a Mon-Fri rotuine with Sat and Sun off and my recovery has been great. Good luck with your journey. I'll be watching to see how yo do.

Carrnage
07-03-11, 6:46 pm
Plan on doing 2 sets of each exercise for 12-15 until about 2 weeks in, then going to 3 sets, then 4 sets about month in, then dropping reps to 8-10 about 2 weeks after that, maybee some sixes on the last set, and after a month or two going to 5 sets for compounds and several others.

Monday- AM Bench, Incline DB, Decline DB, Incline Cable Press, Decline Cable Press, Low Cable Fly, then finishing with Straight Arm DB pullovers and Dips.
PM Cardio

Tuesday AM-15 pullups(only doing 2 at a time at the moment), Bent over BB row, Deadlift, Close grip high hammer row, close grip mid hammer row, DB shrugs, Lying incline DB shrugs, Back hyperextensions.
PM Cardio, Wrist Curls and Ulnar wrist deviations

Wednesday AM-Military Press, Upright Row, Seated rear lateral raises, Seated rear rev fly, seated lateral raises, lying incline lateral raises(good stretch in shoulders), Front lateral raises.
PM Cardio, Rev Wrist curls, Radial wrist deviations.

Thursday AM-Squats(doing 4 sets to start going up to 7 by the end), Hip sled, leg ext, lying leg curl, Romanian deadlift, standing calf raise, seated calf raise.
PM Cardio(lighter session), Cable hip adductors and abductors, glute cable kickbacks, rev calf raises.

Working on finding an arm blaster for arm days, anyone know a good place to get one?
Friday AM-Close grip bench, dips, skull crushers, kickbacks, overhead BB tri ext, rev cable pressdown, cable pressdown with rope to finish everything off.
PM-Cardio(lighter session depending on how legs feel)shoulder internal and external rotations.

Saturday AM-BB curl, Seated Alternating DB supinating curl, Rev Preacher Cable curl, Hammer curl, Concentration curl, wrist pronation, wrist supination
PM-Cardio, Farmers Walk

During the day, except sunday,doing a total of 25 pushups to start with, ab work, Pullups or hangs, Neck flexion and extensions. This is similar to what I did in Afghanstan, my body seemed to respond extremely well to very high volume, set PR's across the board. Using storm, shock therapy, Stack, Cuts,and lots of real gains. Lost about 8% BF, added 6 inches to my chest(up to a 59), 2 1/2 on my arms, got to 19 3/4, was so close haha, calves went to 19's, thighs up to 31's, and got back into my size 34 pants, loved the way i looked and want it back haha. In the Stan i even went up to about 70 sets on leg days during my last 3 months, was insane and could barely walk, or sit on the crapper, but we were loading off of missions so i figured i would kick it up, got the idea from a Jay Cutler workout i saw, nightmarish workout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, like, if i should wait to kick the volume way up until im done restricting calories, or if i should just roll with it so long as progress is being made, Thanks yall

Good to see your back in attaining great goals!

But damn bro your doing a SHIT LOAD of the same exercises in one workout. For example in your shoulder workout

Your doing this.....2 front delt dominant exercises, 2 side and rear delt dominant exercises. Yes different equipment and possibly angle, but its nonsense attacking the same muscle twice. Your muscles grow from resting and eating, not by pounding the same muscle over and over. Id go with something more logical like this

Seated or Standing military press
side laterals or wide grip upright rows
rear laterals or wide grip bent over rows
front delts already get hammered from chest pressing movements and military pressing

And heres your chest day....HOLY SHIT excuse my language bro, youl prolly burn off muscle doing something like this, i know its really tempting to do alot in the gym.

PM Cardio

Stick with 1 upper pec dominant exercise and 1 middle/lower pec movement (the flat works the middle and lower just like the decline variation if doing the movement correctly.) and 1 stretch movement like a db pullover. Yeah it sounds boring, but add intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, and volume sets (5-8 sets 8-20 reps, 20-30 sec rest periods).

People always give me bullshit by saying things like...."oh its a different exercise so it hits it from a different angle". BULLSHIT! Look i can go take a shit sitting down. Goal is accomplished, i feel 40 pounds lighter. Alright now i can take a shit standing up, different position right? different angle right? But the main goal is still the SAME!!!!

I hope this helps you and you take this positively!

Carrnage
07-03-11, 6:49 pm
Oh and you like high volume?

How bout super high volume?

Workout- www.professionalsupplements.net/super-size/art/supersizeworkout.pdf

Method- www.professionalsupplements.net/super-size/default.asp

MELTDOWN
07-03-11, 9:35 pm
Welcome back and get to it. Main thing is your know where you are and where you want to be. Throw out the scales for a while and study the mirror. Settle into a good run of routines and make steady progress. You got what you got over 4 years and it aint goin away in 4 months.

Head down, build it better, and why not log it too...

zachlloyd
07-04-11, 2:49 pm
Just finished my chest routine, holy hell, i superset my pullovers with pushup-negatives instead of dips,since i couldnt get off the ground, havn't felt this in a long time haha.

Bruiser- I only have one hour, thats the main reason I am looking at splitting bi's and tri's, I also stretch the muscles between every set for about 10 secs each, then hit my next set. I will keep my split, but will certainly think about putting them on friday together, Ill track my progress and might try both for a few weeks and see how it goes, I would have to superset everything to get them both in an hour, actually that sounds like alot of FUN!!

Carrnage- I do see what you are saying about hitting the same muscle with more than one exercise. I like your comment about takin a crap, It certainly does accomplish the same thing, I just like hitting it, giving it some rest, then hitting it with something that i can lower the weight with and finish it off. Adding sets to each exercise would accoplish my desire for volume and I would be doing less exercises. Ill keep this in mind and will certainly use it, At least to switch things up when i change my routine, If I feel like I'm doing too much I will also keep this in mind.
And those links you gave me, seem like awesome workouts. I'll have to keep those in my favs if I feel the need to go crazy.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome backs, it feels good to be lifting agian, tho Its hard to get in and out of my car and wash my hair once more AHA!! love it

zachlloyd
07-04-11, 2:55 pm
Did my measures today, a bit discouraging, but I know they will change and I will make progress which is what its all about, posting them here. Honesty is always the best policy haha, even though it hurts sometimes.

Area Left Right
Arms 18.5 18.5
Forearms 14 14
Chest 48.75
Shoulders 58.5
Waist@navel 48(soo sad to see) finally looking in the mirror without a shirt on, man they do not lie HAHA.
Glutes 48
Thighs 26.5 26.75
Calves 18.5 18.5
Plan on doing them every month or two, looking into the journey thing, checkin out what its all about

Bruiser
07-04-11, 3:05 pm
Don't let the mirror and measurements be discouraing. Turn that into a reason to be driven. Just remember that this is a long slow journey not a race man. You're gonna have somthing that you worked very hard at that you're going to be proud of. Like everybody says, if it was easy everybody would do it. Keep your chin up you're doing great.

zachlloyd
07-04-11, 9:45 pm
Don't let the mirror and measurements be discouraing. Turn that into a reason to be driven. Just remember that this is a long slow journey not a race man. You're gonna have somthing that you worked very hard at that you're going to be proud of. Like everybody says, if it was easy everybody would do it. Keep your chin up you're doing great.

Thanks Bruiser, your right bro.

Carnage- Is there a viable difference in the workout if they sets are devided up between 6 or 7 exercises vs 3 or 4, just curious cus the number of sets would be about the same, only the cables dont require a spotter once i start hitting muscle failure.

chrisco915
07-05-11, 4:11 pm
Good to see your back in attaining great goals!

But damn bro your doing a SHIT LOAD of the same exercises in one workout. For example in your shoulder workout

Your doing this.....2 front delt dominant exercises, 2 side and rear delt dominant exercises. Yes different equipment and possibly angle, but its nonsense attacking the same muscle twice. Your muscles grow from resting and eating, not by pounding the same muscle over and over. Id go with something more logical like this

Seated or Standing military press
side laterals or wide grip upright rows
rear laterals or wide grip bent over rows
front delts already get hammered from chest pressing movements and military pressing

And heres your chest day....HOLY SHIT excuse my language bro, youl prolly burn off muscle doing something like this, i know its really tempting to do alot in the gym.

PM Cardio

Stick with 1 upper pec dominant exercise and 1 middle/lower pec movement (the flat works the middle and lower just like the decline variation if doing the movement correctly.) and 1 stretch movement like a db pullover. Yeah it sounds boring, but add intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, and volume sets (5-8 sets 8-20 reps, 20-30 sec rest periods).

People always give me bullshit by saying things like...."oh its a different exercise so it hits it from a different angle". BULLSHIT! Look i can go take a shit sitting down. Goal is accomplished, i feel 40 pounds lighter. Alright now i can take a shit standing up, different position right? different angle right? But the main goal is still the SAME!!!!

I hope this helps you and you take this positively!

I have to echo this......those woekouts are about twice as long as they have to be. Most can finish a Bi/Tri workout in 50 minutes. The number of exercises you have for such small muscle groups is really going to end up being counter-productive.

I absolutely endorse this statement..."Yeah it sounds boring, but add intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, and volume sets (5-8 sets 8-20 reps, 20-30 sec rest periods)." We live and die by these principles here

Carrnage
07-05-11, 8:09 pm
I have to echo this......those woekouts are about twice as long as they have to be. Most can finish a Bi/Tri workout in 50 minutes. The number of exercises you have for such small muscle groups is really going to end up being counter-productive.

I absolutely endorse this statement..."Yeah it sounds boring, but add intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, and volume sets (5-8 sets 8-20 reps, 20-30 sec rest periods)." We live and die by these principles here

Hell yeah bro!

A workout duration for me looks something like this

warm up 5 mins (rotator cuff exerternals, cable pushdowns, lat stretch from chin up bar)
go f'ing hard for 20-30 mins (short rest periods, still heavy, no bullshit, absolute no bullshit!)
leave and recover (while everyone else at the gym will be releasing cortisol....i will be tidal waved by GH, Testosterone, adrenaline and my metabolism will be ramped.)

Hope this helps everyone!

zachlloyd
07-06-11, 3:47 pm
Should I be walking out of the gym barely able to use the muscle group I just worked? If thats the case then the only way I have ever felt that is with a plan like the one I posted. Even using drop sets etc, if I only subject myself to a few exercises I've never really felt a great pump or really felt wasted afterward. I am also hitting failure on all my sets and utilize drop and supersets frequently. Ive heard the saying stimulate not obliterate, but then hear people also say to hammer the crap outta the muslce, which is my belief.

Reading Bruisers daily tips and looking at picking up most of the mentioned products, I've always felt like how I'm eating has never truly reflected in the mirror. Also found out I'm only getting about a third of what i expected monetarily, so the cheap stuff is all I will be able to afford, but it all looks promising. I am truly taking the recomendations to lower the number of exercises and focus on intensity techniques into much thought. My only reason for working out like i have posted is in my past it has worked great for me compared to several other training methods, including the style proposed, although the caveaut is that during that period is the only time i truly focused on diet and supplimentation. I suppose thats where i could be getting my biased opinion. I have much thinking and MUCH more adjustments to make and progress tracking and comparing, which is the only real way to go for onesself. Thanks yall very much for the solid advice, much respect.

zachlloyd
07-06-11, 5:26 pm
Ok, looked up your mention of cortisol, looked at some other articles and routines put up by the animals, will be revising my workout, focusing on 4 lifts for chest back and shoulders and legs, and 3 for bis n tris. Thanks for the tips everyone, will be posting my new routine today or tommorow to see what yall have to chip in. Is foreamr training 2 or 3 times a week too much?

Carrnage
07-06-11, 5:56 pm
Ok, looked up your mention of cortisol, looked at some other articles and routines put up by the animals, will be revising my workout, focusing on 4 lifts for chest back and shoulders and legs, and 3 for bis n tris. Thanks for the tips everyone, will be posting my new routine today or tommorow to see what yall have to chip in. Is foreamr training 2 or 3 times a week too much?

Doing heavy back training with chins,bent rows,dumbbell rows,deadlifts,shrugs,hammer curls will build up your forearms. No need for direct isolation work for forearms.

Carrnage
07-06-11, 5:58 pm
Should I be walking out of the gym barely able to use the muscle group I just worked? If thats the case then the only way I have ever felt that is with a plan like the one I posted. Even using drop sets etc, if I only subject myself to a few exercises I've never really felt a great pump or really felt wasted afterward. I am also hitting failure on all my sets and utilize drop and supersets frequently. Ive heard the saying stimulate not obliterate, but then hear people also say to hammer the crap outta the muslce, which is my belief.

Reading Bruisers daily tips and looking at picking up most of the mentioned products, I've always felt like how I'm eating has never truly reflected in the mirror. Also found out I'm only getting about a third of what i expected monetarily, so the cheap stuff is all I will be able to afford, but it all looks promising. I am truly taking the recomendations to lower the number of exercises and focus on intensity techniques into much thought. My only reason for working out like i have posted is in my past it has worked great for me compared to several other training methods, including the style proposed, although the caveaut is that during that period is the only time i truly focused on diet and supplimentation. I suppose thats where i could be getting my biased opinion. I have much thinking and MUCH more adjustments to make and progress tracking and comparing, which is the only real way to go for onesself. Thanks yall very much for the solid advice, much respect.

If you subject yourself to couple to few exercises and dont get a pump.....well its SIMPLE!!! You obviously didnt use the targeted muscle by properly stretching and contracting the muscle. Drop the weight feel the muscle working.

Boom!

Bruiser
07-06-11, 7:47 pm
Thanks Bruiser, your right bro.

Carnage- Is there a viable difference in the workout if they sets are devided up between 6 or 7 exercises vs 3 or 4, just curious cus the number of sets would be about the same, only the cables dont require a spotter once i start hitting muscle failure.

Hell yeah bro!

A workout duration for me looks something like this

warm up 5 mins (rotator cuff exerternals, cable pushdowns, lat stretch from chin up bar)
go f'ing hard for 20-30 mins (short rest periods, still heavy, no bullshit, absolute no bullshit!)
leave and recover (while everyone else at the gym will be releasing cortisol....i will be tidal waved by GH, Testosterone, adrenaline and my metabolism will be ramped.)

Hope this helps everyone!

I always hit each muscle group with at least 20 sets every workout (sometimes closer to 30-40). And I NEVER take longer than 45 minutes, usually closer to 25 or 30. As long as you drop your rest periods and up your intensity you can still hit super high volume and lower your time in the gym. And like it was mentioned by these guys, your hormones will be flowing! Carnage and chrisco nailed it here.

Bruiser
07-06-11, 7:49 pm

I can't wait to see what your new routine is gonna look like. If you have any questions feel free to ask bro. That's what we're all here for.

Carrnage
07-06-11, 8:12 pm
I always hit each muscle group with at least 20 sets every workout (sometimes closer to 30-40). And I NEVER take longer than 45 minutes, usually closer to 25 or 30. As long as you drop your rest periods and up your intensity you can still hit super high volume and lower your time in the gym. And like it was mentioned by these guys, your hormones will be flowing! Carnage and chrisco nailed it here.

Yeah buddy! In my opinion super intense short rest period high volume is the best way to train for overall body composition results. (mass building/fat burning)

Bruiser
07-06-11, 8:36 pm
Yeah buddy! In my opinion super intense short rest period high volume is the best way to train for overall body composition results. (mass building/fat burning)

Hells yeah man. You would love my Satanic Set that I do for shoulders. I pick 6 movements and do each one for 6 reps, and then the next, etc until I've done 6 reps of each exercise with no rest periods. I take a 60 second rest and do it again, repeating for 6 total "giant sets". I end up doing 36 sets and the last time I did it I was done in 17 minutes (counting rest periods)!! Sickest pump I've ever had in my life, and I was sore for over a week.

zachlloyd
07-06-11, 11:06 pm
Stickin with same split save for moving tris and bis to the same day.
Last sets on all exercises are drop sets unless specified otherwise. Will replace with supersets, and other intensity techniques along the way.

Mon- (8-12'sx5sets) DB incline, DB bench, DB incline fly, Dips(to failure)

Tue- (8-12'sx5sets) 25 Pullups(as many sets as necessary), Deadlifts, Wide overhand grip bent over BB row, Hammer/underhand close cable row

Wed- (8-12'sx5sets) Seated Military DB press, Seated rear lateral raise, standing lateral raise(slight lean forward){rear delts are a weak point}, Upright row

Thu- (10-15'sx5sets) Squats(7 sets), Hip sled, Leg curl, Standing calf raise, seated calf raise

Fri- (8-12'sx4sets(bis) 5 sets(tris) BB curl, Hammer preacher curl, Rev preacher curl, bent over concentration curls(if i sit and use my leg i lever it up which defeats the purpose, cant seem to keep from doing this), Skull crushers, Cable pressdown w/rope grip, Rev cable pressdown

Mon-Fri(PM) Abs, 45-60m cardio(is it good to do this in sweatshirts/pants? did during wrestling and it worked well)
Also, is it reasonable to expect gains while losing weight?(remember i havnt lifted in 4 years)

There it is, I stay away from BB presses cus of my shoulders. Also on squats, since i'm tall whats the best BB placement for me on squats?

Carrnage
07-06-11, 11:41 pm
Hells yeah man. You would love my Satanic Set that I do for shoulders. I pick 6 movements and do each one for 6 reps, and then the next, etc until I've done 6 reps of each exercise with no rest periods. I take a 60 second rest and do it again, repeating for 6 total "giant sets". I end up doing 36 sets and the last time I did it I was done in 17 minutes (counting rest periods)!! Sickest pump I've ever had in my life, and I was sore for over a week.

Hell yeah i love giant sets, espeically for shoulders/arms!

Bruiser
07-07-11, 9:35 am
Stickin with same split save for moving tris and bis to the same day.
Last sets on all exercises are drop sets unless specified otherwise. Will replace with supersets, and other intensity techniques along the way.

Mon- (8-12'sx5sets) DB incline, DB bench, DB incline fly, Dips(to failure)

Tue- (8-12'sx5sets) 25 Pullups(as many sets as necessary), Deadlifts, Wide overhand grip bent over BB row, Hammer/underhand close cable row

Wed- (8-12'sx5sets) Seated Military DB press, Seated rear lateral raise, standing lateral raise(slight lean forward){rear delts are a weak point}, Upright row

Thu- (10-15'sx5sets) Squats(7 sets), Hip sled, Leg curl, Standing calf raise, seated calf raise

Fri- (8-12'sx4sets(bis) 5 sets(tris) BB curl, Hammer preacher curl, Rev preacher curl, bent over concentration curls(if i sit and use my leg i lever it up which defeats the purpose, cant seem to keep from doing this), Skull crushers, Cable pressdown w/rope grip, Rev cable pressdown

Mon-Fri(PM) Abs, 45-60m cardio(is it good to do this in sweatshirts/pants? did during wrestling and it worked well)
Also, is it reasonable to expect gains while losing weight?(remember i havnt lifted in 4 years)

There it is, I stay away from BB presses cus of my shoulders. Also on squats, since i'm tall whats the best BB placement for me on squats?

That looks damn good. I'll be watching to see how it goes. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Hell yeah i love giant sets, espeically for shoulders/arms!

Take a look at my Bruiser's Daily Tips thread. I've got some routines, splits and sets that I think you'd really get into. Plus I'd love your input on there. I like a straight shooter that has a broken filter. LOL You're just like me bro, you tell it like it is.

chrisco915
07-07-11, 9:56 am
Liking that DB chest day man!!! Good looking back work too. :)

zachlloyd
07-07-11, 9:59 am
Thanks yall, looking forward to it, leg day today, adopting the revised routine today and what a day to do it on, i love leg day, it sucks so much it makes it awesome. I'll let ya know how it went.

chrisco915
07-07-11, 10:18 am
Keep us in the loop!

zachlloyd
07-07-11, 12:08 pm
Well that sucked, therefore it was awesome, was sweatin more than i do when im doin cardio, 7 working sets on squats was killer, then going to hip sled off of it, im glad i had a break between back and this b/c i had to pullup out of the hip sled when i was done, unfortunately i didnt hidrate enough yesterday, only got about a half gallon in, and my calf workout suffered the consequences. My mantra will have to be "I must keep drinking fluids". Other than that, awesome pump today despite dehydration and throwin the drops sets on the end of squats and hip sled was BRUTALLY ENJOYABLE!! Looking forward to resting and feeding them now. I know i did some tear down and now time to grow, thanks everyone for the encouragement and help.

chrisco915
07-07-11, 12:10 pm
Don't forget your IV bag....LOL.

zachlloyd
07-07-11, 12:14 pm
Liking that DB chest day man!!! Good looking back work too. :)

Thanks chrisco, get a better feel from DB's and have never incorporated pullups in a routine until now, heard they do wonders for grip strength as well.once i can do 5 at a time ill up it to 35, then eventually my goal is 50. But my short term goal is 5 straight.

zachlloyd
07-07-11, 12:15 pm
Don't forget your IV bag....LOL.

HAHA, felt like one would of helped, maybee i coulda finished strong on my calves while hooked up lol

chrisco915
07-07-11, 12:19 pm
That would have been quite a sight......

zachlloyd
07-08-11, 12:35 pm
Did Arms today and superset rev preacher with concentrations, what a nutzo pump, Didn't get as good of a pump on my tris,still got one though, but i also did all bi then did tris, should i try alternating whichone i do first each week? or try doing a bi then tri then bi then tri till im finished? thanks yall

Bruiser
07-08-11, 1:09 pm
I always like to alternate 1 bicep movement then 1 tricep movement. The pump is sick! Especially when I do supersets and giant sets like that!

chrisco915
07-08-11, 1:11 pm
I have been doing that recently myself and I am really enjoying it.

zachlloyd
07-08-11, 1:15 pm
Cool, will do that next time and tell yall how it goes.

zachlloyd
07-08-11, 4:02 pm
Read an article by G Diesel, http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=230 on a good routine if your upper chest is lacking, will be incorporating this in since my upper chest is a weak spot. Will probably work it in every 2 weeks or so and see how it goes.

chrisco915
07-08-11, 4:17 pm
Try Training Routine #19......that is a good one....

zachlloyd
07-08-11, 4:30 pm
Looks hardcore, will have to put it in my fav's for ideas to change up routine. Thnx for the idea bro

zachlloyd
07-08-11, 4:33 pm
How long should i be resting on deads and squats, did about 30 seconds between sets this week, felt really light headed especially after my 7th set on squats with 2 drop sets.

zachlloyd
07-09-11, 8:25 pm
Nevermind, I looked it up instead of unintelligebly asking questions without first seeking through the forums.

zachlloyd
07-11-11, 11:32 am
Did my chest routine today, awesome pump and burn, mostly on the outisde of my chest though, might have to replace my DB flys with a cross over, and yes i paused and squeezed very hard at the top on the presses and flys, just never got a burn on the inside, took yalls advice and dropped the weight then worked back up, felt the muscle more since i was focused on the muscle itself, never really practiced that in the past, good stuff thanks brothers

Bruiser
07-11-11, 11:47 am
Did my chest routine today, awesome pump and burn, mostly on the outisde of my chest though, might have to replace my DB flys with a cross over, and yes i paused and squeezed very hard at the top on the presses and flys, just never got a burn on the inside, took yalls advice and dropped the weight then worked back up, felt the muscle more since i was focused on the muscle itself, never really practiced that in the past, good stuff thanks brothers

Glad you're liking the new chest routine. Don't worry too much about feeling that burn on the inner pec, I still have trouble feeling it there but I'm still getting good growth throughout the chest. So it'll come, just give it time.

zachlloyd
07-11-11, 12:03 pm
Glad you're liking the new chest routine. Don't worry too much about feeling that burn on the inner pec, I still have trouble feeling it there but I'm still getting good growth throughout the chest. So it'll come, just give it time.

I felt my inner chest tighten on contraction at the peak of the lifts, when i squeezed, so your prolly right. Thanks Bruiser, as always. Ordered my digestive enzymes last night, looking forward to seeing the difference they make in my energy levels etc.

Bruiser
07-11-11, 12:43 pm
With the digestive enzymes, the first thing I noticed was that I didn't need to eat as much food to grow. So by not having to force feed myself I did have more energy as well.

zachlloyd
07-11-11, 4:48 pm
Hellz yea Bruiser, after 3 weeks of no weight loss, started carb cycling last week, lost 2.4 lbs, your tips as always, doin wonders haha

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 12:52 pm
Alternated bi and tri exercises, got an awesome pump, thanks for the advice.

Also did partial deadlifts, or dorian yates style(if ive been reading up correctly) went down about halfway on my shins which kept the weights about 3-4 inches off the ground, felt my back more included during the exercise than I ever have in the past, it blasted my middle back and traps as well, tried to get a good squeeze up and back at the top of the movement, completed my pullups in half the sets as last week, still going to wait another week and see if i can narrow it down to 4 sets for 25 total reps then jump up to 35, making good progress so far on all my lifts.

Lost about a pound this week, but i also was on a loading phase on my creatine AND ate pizza for dinner last night, added about 1200 cals to daily total, was my mid-carb day on my carb cycle so i figured if anything i would just get a metabolic boost before cuttin it down to about 50 carbs per day over the weekend. making good progress thanks for all the tips guys.

Got my digestive enzymes in today, will see how it goes.

Bruiser
07-16-11, 1:01 pm
Glad to see that everything is coming together for you buddy. Keep it up.

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 1:51 pm
do you think on my leg days since im doing 7 working sets of squats i should replace my leg press with straight leg deads? do some additional ham and glute work?

Bruiser
07-16-11, 2:20 pm
do you think on my leg days since im doing 7 working sets of squats i should replace my leg press with straight leg deads? do some additional ham and glute work?

If the squats are working, leave them alone. If you want to hit hams and glutes better do some of the squat sets or the leg press with a wider stance. That will directly hit them real good.

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 2:53 pm
Ok, was doing narrow feet(about shoulder) with squats and wider feet(on outsides of the platform) on leg press, if i feel like they are lagging i will look at adding straight leg deads, but they are still getting sore, thanks bruiser.

Cant wait to get this weight off and see how the progress is going.

Bruiser
07-16-11, 2:58 pm
Cant wait to get this weight off and see how the progress is going.

I know that feeling man. I'm having a rough few days and I'm not liking the mirror. So I'm lowering carbs and raising cardio. I'll still be cycling both, just need to adjust them.

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 3:39 pm
I know that feeling man. I'm having a rough few days and I'm not liking the mirror. So I'm lowering carbs and raising cardio. I'll still be cycling both, just need to adjust them.
You know better than I that thats what it takes, small continuous adjustments to keep progressing. Glad to have you going through a cut while im trying to lose weight too, its helpful.

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 5:16 pm
The seated calf raise machine was broken so i did single leg seated calf raises with my toes on a 45lb plate and a dumbell on my knee, the bend in my leg was a bit more extreme than it usually is on the machine, so my calves got hit with a different angle and have been screamin at me for 3 days, i love it

Bruiser
07-16-11, 5:32 pm
You know better than I that thats what it takes, small continuous adjustments to keep progressing. Glad to have you going through a cut while im trying to lose weight too, its helpful.

It's definitely nice to know simebody else is going through the same thing at the same time. But I swear that if you get more cut than me I'm gonna turn into the Tip Nazi... no tips for you!! LOL

The seated calf raise machine was broken so i did single leg seated calf raises with my toes on a 45lb plate and a dumbell on my knee, the bend in my leg was a bit more extreme than it usually is on the machine, so my calves got hit with a different angle and have been screamin at me for 3 days, i love it

Have you tried the Veal-300 yet?

zachlloyd
07-16-11, 6:07 pm
It's definitely nice to know simebody else is going through the same thing at the same time. But I swear that if you get more cut than me I'm gonna turn into the Tip Nazi... no tips for you!! LOL

Have you tried the Veal-300 yet?

Haha, ill just have to make sure not to tell you then. I do plan on posting before and after pics, possibly some mid way as well if it takes longer than I am anticipating. And dunno if my calves are ready for the Veal-300 yet, i get pretty sore from just your standard stuff, but its in my favorites list.

zachlloyd
07-18-11, 11:06 pm
Chest today(MON), incline DB, flat DB, incline hammer machine, dips. Got a really good pump with all the presses and couldn't do a single pushup after the workout. good stuff. 5 sets each. going from 12-6 reps with a working weight each set and doing 2 drops on my last set of every exercise to keep repping it out.