PDA

View Full Version : squats and deadz baad!!

Carrnage
07-02-11, 1:54 am
hahah watch this video, these guys are funny and have alot of usefull information, but this video may stir up some mixed emotions on deads and squats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJod-jEK2Wg&feature=feedu

never_2_big
07-02-11, 4:41 am
"Snap some shit up!" Highly technical terms usd by those guys!

I'll deadlift til I die!

Sinister_TES
07-02-11, 12:03 pm
Sounds like a couple of guys making excuses so they dont have to deadlift and dont want to addmit to the fact they are weaekr then some short guys. Due to leverage factors taller people are far better at pulling then short people, just like short people have a leverage advantage with squating. And as for benching and doing pullups, if you have long arms dont blame your range of motion, man the fuck up and get to work. I have a terrible lower back and it hurts like shit to do squats and deads, but i know its not becuase of squats and deads that I have a bad lower back. Hell the chance of wrecking your back while sleeping is super high, next thing they gunna suggest is to not sleep. They have nothing scientific to back this up.

I know that paragraph wasnt the most organized but i just woke up haha

armyguard
07-03-11, 10:10 am
All i heard was B!$%^ B!@#$ B!@#$... I dont care what kind of training background you have, anyone telling you not to perform deadlifts and squats A.K.A Bread and butter of any workout routine.... Is crazy as hellllllll... Leg press>squats????? are you serious lol

tomysaw
07-03-11, 11:32 am
squat till you puke an dead till you die...

Joe J
07-03-11, 11:46 am
'snapping some shit up!!'

Haha, personally I don't squat, but I do love to deadlift!

zubda345
07-03-11, 2:13 pm
'snapping some shit up!!'

Haha, personally I don't squat, but I do love to deadlift!

Y u don't squat???

zubda345
07-03-11, 2:13 pm
I want someone to monitor me closely While I squat!

Carrnage
07-03-11, 2:18 pm
I think the "squat" should never be replaced. Replacing it with the leg press is just being a wuss. Either fix the lower back problem through strengthing up your hams, abs, post chain. And there are many "squat" variations, like the barbell squat, front squats, hack squats.

As for the deadlifts, you dont have to do super heavy low rep sets. I think thats why the guys in the video dont like them, either they are super weak on them so they are embarassed to do them, or they go too damn heavy and feel like snapping some shit up lol. Just like the squat, feel the muscles working. Do deadlifts just from the lower part of the knee/ upper shin just like Dorian did them. Prolly wont need more than 185-225 if you do the movement correctly.

Joe J
07-03-11, 2:43 pm
Y u don't squat???

I pre-exhaust on leg extensions and then go on to leg press. I always hated squats for some reason, but of course each to their own. By replacing squats with leg press personally I have felt much bigger pumps and growth. That's just me of course. Also, I have very overdominant and genetically gifted legs anyway, they've always grown super fast compared to the rest of me.

Carrnage
07-03-11, 6:29 pm
I pre-exhaust on leg extensions and then go on to leg press. I always hated squats for some reason, but of course each to their own. By replacing squats with leg press personally I have felt much bigger pumps and growth. That's just me of course. Also, I have very overdominant and genetically gifted legs anyway, they've always grown super fast compared to the rest of me.

Same here with me bro! I could never put the tension on the quads on barbell squats. But hack squats i get a narly pump and seen growth.

You say you have genetically gifted legs? Post em up wel be the judge of that! haha just messin you dont have to, i just hate it when people say they are genetically gifted in certain areas.

Joe J
07-03-11, 7:40 pm
Same here with me bro! I could never put the tension on the quads on barbell squats. But hack squats i get a narly pump and seen growth.

You say you have genetically gifted legs? Post em up wel be the judge of that! haha just messin you dont have to, i just hate it when people say they are genetically gifted in certain areas.

Haha bro I couldn't think of a better term to describe it, but legs is definately my best body part! They've always grown 10 times as fast as everything else, so I guess the best way to describe it would be the most genetically gifted part of a not-so genetically gifted physique, haha!

I love hack squats too, I hit them after my presses.

Carrnage
07-03-11, 11:08 pm
Haha bro I couldn't think of a better term to describe it, but legs is definately my best body part! They've always grown 10 times as fast as everything else, so I guess the best way to describe it would be the most genetically gifted part of a not-so genetically gifted physique, haha!

I love hack squats too, I hit them after my presses.

I feel ya! Yeah i wish i could feel my quads working on barbell squats they make you look like a badass when doing them haha.

Oz_78
07-04-11, 7:33 am
That was...interesting to say the least.

"You gunna snap some shit"< Probably the highlight for me, good laugh.

Not sure what that goose at the start was doing flexing, probably believes b'b curls are also bad for "yo" back...

Carrnage
07-04-11, 5:39 pm
That was...interesting to say the least.

"You gunna snap some shit"< Probably the highlight for me, good laugh.

Not sure what that goose at the start was doing flexing, probably believes b'b curls are also bad for "yo" back...

racist! haha just messin

but these guys do have a point, majority of the barbell movements out there are just straight up un-natural for the body mechanics

Polk17
07-04-11, 5:49 pm
There are few things graven in stone... But one is... Either you Squat or you are a pussy.... - Mark Rippetoe

I personally do not care what people do nor is it my place to judge, I've just always thought that was a funny line... But there is no substitution for Squat, and IMO Deadlift... The best two exercises for your whole body and mind... Nothing causes as much growth or CNS stretch... If I couldn't Squat or Pull I'd take up Golf...

BarbellManiac
07-04-11, 5:54 pm
So no squats or deads? How the fuck are you suppose to grow then? Leg extenstions? Pec Dec?

Carrnage
07-05-11, 2:56 am
So no squats or deads? How the fuck are you suppose to grow then? Leg extenstions? Pec Dec?

For legs they do leg presses lol. Thats it leg presses. But SURPRISINGLY they actually have decent size on their legs.

Man theres no way i could go through a leg workout without doing some type of squat variation. Id rather just stay home if i couldnt do a squat variation.

Joe J
07-05-11, 3:58 am
For legs they do leg presses lol. Thats it leg presses. But SURPRISINGLY they actually have decent size on their legs.

Man theres no way i could go through a leg workout without doing some type of squat variation. Id rather just stay home if i couldnt do a squat variation.

Dorian Yates never did squats, yet his legs were great. You don't need to squat to get big legs, its all preference.

MRmichael.hooker
07-05-11, 5:58 am

great post. Squats are a great tool for legs, but if your legs just genetically arent made for squatting, dont to it. If leg press helps your legs more than squats, then stick to what works best for your body. DY said he did squats early on in his career, but never felt they were right for him, so he stopped doing them.

MRmichael.hooker
07-05-11, 5:59 am
Dorian Yates never did squats, yet his legs were great. You don't need to squat to get big legs, its all preference.

haha, guess i shoulda read this before i made the dorian reference

BigChrisF
07-05-11, 6:05 am
hahah watch this video, these guys are funny and have alot of usefull information, but this video may stir up some mixed emotions on deads and squats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJod-jEK2Wg&feature=feedu

That video was just embarrassing.

MRmichael.hooker
07-05-11, 6:50 am
"I'll just leave you with this. The all-time record deadlift was held by Andy Bolton of England and recently broken by Benidict Magneson of Finland at 1008 lbs. and 1015 respectively. Both are about 6'2" or in that ballpark. Guess somebody forgot to tell them they're too tall to deadlift! P.S. Andy, long arms and all; has also bench pressed over 750 lbs. in competition and squatted over 1200. Don't tell him he's too tall to be the best powerlifter on earth...he might retire!" .. my favorite comment on the video

BarbellManiac
07-05-11, 1:03 pm

Dorian didn't do squats because it never suited his body. He did hack squats which were better for his frame, but if you actually follow Dorian you should know that he still thinks that barbell squats are the best leg builder. In his column in MD he stated that squats are still the best leg exercise, for him it never worked, but for most people it does!

Joe J
07-05-11, 3:29 pm
Dorian didn't do squats because it never suited his body. He did hack squats which were better for his frame, but if you actually follow Dorian you should know that he still thinks that barbell squats are the best leg builder. In his column in MD he stated that squats are still the best leg exercise, for him it never worked, but for most people it does!

Of course, squats are no questions the best leg building exercise. But for some it does not work as well as others, like myself. I also do hack squats.

All I am saying is that is isn't absoloutly imperative to squat to get big legs.

PORTERHOUSE
07-05-11, 4:48 pm
Squats are my favorite movement, deads are a staple in my back routine and I will continue to do both as long as I can. Having said that, I don't believe you absolutely need to do either one to put on massive size, in fact I know you don't... there's plenty of big dudes out there that don't do either... don't have such a one track mind.

Tron
07-05-11, 11:08 pm
Couldn't finish the video. All I heard were excuses...

prowrestler
07-06-11, 3:50 pm
they did say squats where good for the record.

deadlifts are not some exercise from the gods. it is a good 1....1 of the best...but it is not something you marry fuck.

deadlifts provide gains for you? pull the bar. they cause pain? be a damn good squatter. do not make excuses for bein a pussy though, that never flys

B.S.
07-23-11, 10:51 pm
i hate these guys... watch their review of rage..." that much vitamin b12 has to be toxic"
those was a video full of excuses. watch dwight howard lift he moves weight.

Carrnage
07-24-11, 9:54 pm
i hate these guys... watch their review of rage..." that much vitamin b12 has to be toxic"
those was a video full of excuses. watch dwight howard lift he moves weight.

Yeah and majority of their supplement review videos they havent even tried the damn supplement!! I really want to see someone make a response video to them and shut them up!!!!

B.S.
07-24-11, 9:55 pm
Yeah and majority of their supplement review videos they havent even tried the damn supplement!! I really want to see someone make a response video to them and shut them up!!!!

considering ive seen your videos and your much much larger than them, you should do it. wouldnt mean as much from a skinny kid

Bruiser
07-25-11, 7:36 am
I read all the posts here and knew exactly which two idiots on youtube you were talking about before I ever clicked on the video! LOL Those "Twin Muscle" guys are morons. Have you ever seen their video about how multivitamins (especially Pak) are a waste of money and pointless? Here's the link to that little gem.. (warning, he starts talking about guys' dicks too...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOz5iVecF7w&feature=channel_video_title

B.S.
07-25-11, 7:57 am
so basically he hates vitamins cause they make his piss yellow and doesnt know anything about them

Deathride
07-26-11, 3:13 pm
Is it just me or does the guy on the left sound like the black guy on Family Guy?

I'm 6'2 and I have yet to snap my shit up - pulled 420 yesterday. Leg press will get you big legs (cos you are specifically exercising your legs). But overall strength? Squat..

As Captain Kirk said - 'What? Are You Afraid?'

Carrnage
07-27-11, 3:25 am
I read all the posts here and knew exactly which two idiots on youtube you were talking about before I ever clicked on the video! LOL Those "Twin Muscle" guys are morons. Have you ever seen their video about how multivitamins (especially Pak) are a waste of money and pointless? Here's the link to that little gem.. (warning, he starts talking about guys' dicks too...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOz5iVecF7w&feature=channel_video_title

Can you foward that to Universal Rep or G Diesel or someone that works with Universal so they can make a response video? These twinmuscle guys are pissing me off bad.

Bruiser
07-27-11, 6:54 am
Can you foward that to Universal Rep or G Diesel or someone that works with Universal so they can make a response video? These twinmuscle guys are pissing me off bad.

Done...