PDA

View Full Version : Doubts creeping in....

dannynb
07-04-11, 8:17 pm
So what do you guys do when the doubts and the questions start creeping in on ya? I know I get them the closer I get to a show and I have to keep reminding myself I'm a piece of work in the making....what are some things you guys do when this happens?

Imjorman
07-05-11, 1:11 pm
So what do you guys do when the doubts and the questions start creeping in on ya? I know I get them the closer I get to a show and I have to keep reminding myself I'm a piece of work in the making....what are some things you guys do when this happens?

I just tell myself that I'm doing something no one else is willing to do, and that alone makes me successful. People keep asking me if my results are just a result of what I "take" and sometimes that makes me feel down, but I remember that what I truly take is a daily 1 hour ass whopping under a metal bar....that keeps me going.

chrisco915
07-05-11, 2:46 pm
Wow.....what a great question? There are so many doubts.....will I have enough time in my current shape? Should I look better this far out? Could I have done anything different? Etc....case in point....at least to me.....I never deluded myself......I knew if I was ready......I worked until the very end believing I did everything I could the right way.......if for some reason I was not in prime shape.....I could always withdraw and enter a different show when I was on point. But I never had doubts......I was always sure one way or the other.......I was on....or I was OUT! LOL.

Bruiser
07-05-11, 3:01 pm
I'm lucky. When the doubts start piling up in my head, I just ask my wife her opinion. She'll never sugar coat anything. She will always give it to me straight. She also knows how hard I work and what I am going through. Bodybuilders are always there own harshest critics. But that's part of why we all keep improving. If we were happy with ourselves, we would never grow. My wife gets to see what I go through but doesn't have the doubts that I have. When I'm feeling down (fat, thin, etc) I ask her how I'm looking. Good or bad, I know what I'm doing right or what I need to do. I love her and I'm so lucky to have such a supportive person in my life.

chrisco915
07-05-11, 3:07 pm
^^^Just awesome to see you have such a great support system.

korn_fed
07-05-11, 11:20 pm
i know this is going to sound cocky and arrogant, but sometimes you just have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and say, "damn, im fuckin huge." I get down on myself all the time, telling myself i could lose some fat on my obliques, or my legs could be bigger, among other critiques. And then I tell myself that im one large motherfucker, and it puts me in the right state of mind where all i think about is getting massive.

JasonG
07-06-11, 12:48 am
That's why I haven't competed yet. You have however, so this is interesting. I must say you look great and have nothing to worry about! Now stop stressing me out or I won't ever pull the trigger and get on stage! :-D

Oz_78
07-06-11, 12:50 am
While I'm not close to entering any comps (still a rookie in the sport), in general, when at the gym I remind myself WHY I'm there, not to waste time, and the benefits of the time spent training hard in the gym. 24hours in a day, so spending 2 of those hours (travel to and from training, stretching, warm up etc included) is a small price to pay considering what you spend those other 22 hours doing.

dannynb
07-06-11, 1:20 pm
That's why I haven't competed yet. You have however, so this is interesting. I must say you look great and have nothing to worry about! Now stop stressing me out or I won't ever pull the trigger and get on stage! :-D

We all have our moments of doubt brother. Just the ones that actually take the leap and step foot on stage overcome those doubts and look at our shortcomings and work to improve them, it's what keeps making us better. Like Dingo told me, "the day we look in the mirror and are satisfied with what we see is the day we should hang it up" and that day is never happening.

JasonG
07-06-11, 1:36 pm
We all have our moments of doubt brother. Just the ones that actually take the leap and step foot on stage overcome those doubts and look at our shortcomings and work to improve them, it's what keeps making us better. Like Dingo told me, "the day we look in the mirror and are satisfied with what we see is the day we should hang it up" and that day is never happening.

I know man, I was just giving you crap. Your looking pretty shredded this far out. Looking forward to making the leap and scared as hell at the same time...