PDA

View Full Version : RockSteady; Answering the call. My Journey.

RockSteady
07-12-11, 2:39 am
Brothers, Let me begin by thanking everyone in this community for keeping this place going... been' skimming through this pot o' gold while on active duty for a few years... To all the contributors and especially the Henchmen; my helmet is off to you sirs. Thank you.

Ive had a few set-backs due to several line-of-duty related incidents, I dislocated my shoulder 7 months ago tearing 2 tendons and separating a very "mission essential" ligament, and fractured my hip in the same gig. Well, surgeon and phys. therapist have given me the thumbs up to get back on it, and i'm done chomping at the bit.

Its time to wreak some havoc. Coming from the Crossfit school of thought when I was active (say what you will brothers, its not an easy gig) and now in the reserves, i'm ready to drop a couple ounces of cardio and start stacking on some lean beef.

Diet: Pretty simple; Fish, Eggs, Chicken, Lean Beef... 6 meals a day, heavier carbs earlier in the A.M/ mid-day... trying to hit that magic spot of 1.0 -1.5 grams per pound of protein a day, I saw strong first hand benefits of the paleo concept, I tend to have a "dont mess with success" mentality when it comes to food, so a few tweaks here and there... hoping for clean mass.

Stack: Pak, Stak, Rage, BCAA, Real Gains, Optimum Gold, Pro and Oats, Glutamine, Glycogen, P.M at night.

Routine: Starting with Houses' routine for mass (#19 I believe) It stood out to me like a sore thumb, it utilizes some of my strengths and hits my weaknesses hard.

Thanks again brothers, Please tear my setup apart, if you see any holes shout em' at me.

--Jonny

Bruiser
07-12-11, 9:00 am
Welcome brother. I look forward to following your journey. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

C.Coronato
07-12-11, 1:24 pm
Looks like a solid start for sure my man. Hows the diet treating you now?

RockSteady
07-12-11, 10:34 pm
Bruiser; thanks man, I will deffinately be picking your brain about some routine related questions.

Looks like a solid start for sure my man. Hows the diet treating you now?

Coronato-- Paleo has and is treating me well, strong energy, no GI issues, relatively tasty and goes hand in hand with alot of what we need from a day-to-day intake. It really shined when I hit a nasty plateau about a year ago. If your interested I've got a couple really solid write-ups and articles saved, couple meal plans too. Thanks again brothers, --Jonny

RockSteady
07-13-11, 5:09 am
Weighed in this morning at 181, too lean to be honest. While I was recovering pretty much all I could do was run like I was getting paid too, Hell, at least my lungs/respiratory are solid yeah?

Today was shoulders (following Houses' split almost exactly) and I felt great going in to the gym, head down low, music ripping... blasted a quick cardio session, streched and hit my first lift of the day: seated military, one of my favorites. BAM. It hit me like a truck load of disappointment, My shoulder is wicked weak from the surgery brothers, I knew it would be my "problem area" but damn... It is gone. Even half way through my routine I could see through my tee shirt that my left side had the typical pump we all know and love, and my right shoulder/ arm just sat there looking like a limp noodle.

Pissed and honestly a little weakened, I realised that this is it man... this is part of my journey. We use that term "journey" around here a lot, but it means something fucking real to me. This is another difficult but strangely needed fight for what I want out of life, this stuff is good for us, it blows, but it is good for us. I have to check my ego at the door, tell the numbers on the plates to piss off and do what I can do with what I got, always improving and reforming. Move forward.