PDA

View Full Version : 11 Days Out-- an epiphany of sorts; a personal "thank you"

DanTheMan
07-12-11, 5:49 am
So as I'm sitting hear 4:34am, just popped my first pack of CUTS, plotting out my day on what carbs I should have and how much water I drink and fitting meals in between work and training and class...

I'm 11 days out from my first bodybuilding competition. Last november, when 2 weeks after I stepped off the platform at a USAPL powerlifting meet, I was 214lbs. Now I'm teetering around 170. I haven't been this light since middle school, honestly.

People often ask "why, danny? Why do you put yourself through it? for 16+ weeks? the meticulous dieting and the cardio..." and they ask "how do you do it danny? you do cardio in the am AND workout in the pm AND go to class AND work as a student?"

they say "I could never do it... it's just not for me"

ain't nothing to it but to do it.

I realized that, damn, as grueling and as fucked up as it is, this is where my passions really are

Be it powerlifting, which I've dabbled in for over 6 years or training for my bodybuilding show, all these years on the forvms, in the gym, eating my meals, and paying my dues are for a reason.

I don't care if you're a powerlifter, bodybuilder, strongman, or a newbie on the forvms..we're all here because our passions are within not just in the iron, but bettering ourselves... by grinding and hustling every damn hour of every damn day... 24/7/365.

Sure, the iron all gives us the ground, it's what ties us altogether...but our passions are within setting goals people see as impossible, busting our asses, and making them reality...

our passions are in proving to the general public, our friends, our family, that hell, training is hard. sacrificing a social life from time to time is hard. dieting is harder. cardio fucking sucks. but it's what we love to do. we don't want to infect the disease of mediocrity and we won't settle...

we won't settle even if we become a national contender in powerlifting, or an NPC bodybuilder, or the world's strongest man. because our passions within this life are to aspire to inspire.
we're here to push the limits and prove that even if things don't seem possible now, if you believe it-- if you breathe it-- if you live for what you really want it-- want what you really deserve, it can and WILL happen.

I don't care if I place dead last at my first bodybuilding show. If I bring all that I can, then not not a damn ounce of my pride will be torn from me. I've come this far, and I'm going to bring my best package to the stage.

So here's a personal thank you to everyone on here, and to everyone who has ever had a dream, busted their ass, and made it become reality. A Thank you to those who stayed up late for a meal, or woke up early to do cardio... A thank you to those who if you ever had ANY haters or anyone who doubted you, and you went even harder and pushed the limits. A thank you to those who went to failure when you have 300+ lbs on your back in the squat rack. A Thank you to those who balance out work and family and friends, and still make it a priority to be something more than the average joe.

C.Coronato
07-12-11, 1:25 pm
You have done very well my man. Your advancements to your physique are unmatched, and you should be very proud of that brother. Finish strong!!

Mr. Dead
07-12-11, 1:25 pm
You have done very well my man. Your advancements to your physique are unmatched, and you should be very proud of that brother. Finish strong!!

What he said...

deanna7272
07-13-11, 2:58 am
Best of Luck to you Danny... It IS a sacrifice and we all experience it differently. You're where you need/want to be and your focus is spot on. If you can walk away from this KNOWING that you put EVERY ounce of heart, drive, dedication, desire into it, you have won already.... There's NOTHING that can take that away from you...

Eyes on the prize... Go get 'em!!!

Back To Basics
07-13-11, 6:52 am
Really Great write up bro. You win, you win; Your "lose" you still win. Remember that !!!!

DanTheMan
07-13-11, 10:48 am

Christian man, I don't even know what to say right now because you've helped me so damn much throughout my prep...not even with advice whenever the damn day is, you always respond, but just being an inspiration since I met ya on these boards my man... then getting to met ya at the Arnold and everyone else pushed me that much more to do this show. Thanks man. So much gratitude I can't even express it. I'll think of a way hopefully but thank you so much big brotha.

DanTheMan
07-13-11, 10:50 am
What he said...
I appreciate it MD!

Best of Luck to you Danny... It IS a sacrifice and we all experience it differently. You're where you need/want to be and your focus is spot on. If you can walk away from this KNOWING that you put EVERY ounce of heart, drive, dedication, desire into it, you have won already.... There's NOTHING that can take that away from you...

Eyes on the prize... Go get 'em!!!
D!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for the good words. Finish line is in sight, best believe i'ma finish strong!

Really Great write up bro. You win, you win; Your "lose" you still win. Remember that !!!!
preciate that my brotha! there's no way I can "lose", you're right, BUT I WANT THAT 1ST PLACE SPOT! I want that GOLD! And i'ma bring it home!

naturalguy
07-13-11, 10:58 am
Great post Dan.

I have a lot of friends that ask me all the time "why do you do it? come on man, just have a drink, don't worry about what you are eating, etc." I accept them for who they are, I don't expect them to understand. I used to try to explain it to people. Now I just tell them it's what I love to do and it makes me happy.