PDA

View Full Version : Special Chicago ABC: LETR Plane Pull 09/24/11

Phil800101
07-12-11, 5:14 pm
Just like last year, the Chicago ABC (Team Animal) will be participating in the Illinois Law Enforcement Torch Run Plane Pull, to benefit Special Olympics. For those not familiar, what this entails is a team of twenty pulling a UPS Airbus A300. The team with the shortest time overall wins. We did it in 16.94 seconds last year, coming in right in the middle time-wise. It was fun as all hell, and we raised well over $1,000 for a good cause.

Here is a video of our pull from last year, as well as a link to the page for this year's event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWr7nH7gmU

http://www.soill.org/content.php?sec=Law%20Enforcement%20Torch%20Run&cat=Torch%20Run%20Special%20Events&contentID=116

This year the pull will be taking place on Saturday September 24th at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. This is the weekend after the Olympia, and once again we will be needing some help to field a full team of twenty. We welcome any and all of our Animal Brothers and Sisters from any chapter to come on out and help us this year!

Registration just opened, so I will be registering Team Animal later today or this evening. I will post up more info once I receive it...for now this is just a heads-up to let people know that the date has been set and that we will be doing it again. If you have any questions, or if you would like to participate, please post up in here or shoot me a PM.

G Diesel
07-12-11, 5:37 pm
Love when the Chi-Town OG ABC crew does this sick shit for a good cause. Very cool.

Much respect as always fellas.

Peace, G

Phil800101
07-15-11, 3:28 pm
Love when the Chi-Town OG ABC crew does this sick shit for a good cause. Very cool.

Much respect as always fellas.

Peace, G

Thanks G! Nothing like some jumbo jet tug-of-war to make one feel like a beast.

Phil800101
07-15-11, 3:30 pm
Team Animal is now live and registered. Like I said, we have openings available so please let us know if you're interested in doing this with us. It would be awesome to have some Animals coming in from all over to help us dominate and take home the trophy this year!

Nix0r
07-15-11, 3:41 pm
You know I'm doing this.

Phil800101
07-15-11, 4:30 pm
You know I'm doing this.

Hell yeah!

Phil800101
07-15-11, 4:30 pm
Team Animal was the first team registered, yeah buddy!

Bruiser
07-15-11, 4:53 pm
I'm going to see if my wife can get off work that weekend, and if she can I'd be proud to sign up and come down to be a part of the team. Our 5 year old son has Autism and we see the battles that these kids go through every day, so I always have a spot in my heart for the Special Olympics. If for some reason I can't make it down to be a part of the team, let me know where to pledge money. Thanks Phil for doing this!

Phil800101
07-15-11, 5:12 pm
I'm going to see if my wife can get off work that weekend, and if she can I'd be proud to sign up and come down to be a part of the team. Our 5 year old son has Autism and we see the battles that these kids go through every day, so I always have a spot in my heart for the Special Olympics. If for some reason I can't make it down to be a part of the team, let me know where to pledge money. Thanks Phil for doing this!

Cool my man, I hope you can make it! Will do.

Bruiser
07-15-11, 5:14 pm
Cool my man, I hope you can make it! Will do.

She's gonna check her schedule and I should know in the next few days.

Phil800101
07-15-11, 5:49 pm
She's gonna check her schedule and I should know in the next few days.

Sounds good.

Phil800101
08-09-11, 4:28 am
We still have space on Team Animal for this. If you're interested in participating, please let me know.

Cellardweller
08-09-11, 6:27 am
This is cool as hell and I've been wanting to do this with you guys since I saw it last year. Put me on the maybe list. I'll get back to you too once I see what's happening too.

Phil800101
08-09-11, 1:25 pm
This is cool as hell and I've been wanting to do this with you guys since I saw it last year. Put me on the maybe list. I'll get back to you too once I see what's happening too.

Cool bro! Hope you can make it.

Cellardweller
08-13-11, 6:53 pm
I'm there. It looks like there's lots of space on the team. Lets get some more Animals on the runway.

Phil800101
08-13-11, 10:22 pm
I'm there. It looks like there's lots of space on the team. Lets get some more Animals on the runway.

Awesome!

Yup, openings are available...come on out!

Phil800101
09-06-11, 4:22 pm
A little more than two weeks now until we do this...

We still have spots open for pullers. Fundraising is encouraged but not required (there is a team goal but not an individual goal), so it won't cost anything to participate but your time and effort.

Team Universal is going to be doing a plane pull in NJ on October 1st. A challenge has been made by naturalguy, who thinks that they can beat our time. I know we can beat them, and we will!

Anyway, this is fun as all hell and it helps a great cause. If you can make it out and want to participate, post up in here or shoot me a PM.

G Diesel
09-06-11, 4:35 pm
A little more than two weeks now until we do this...

We still have spots open for pullers. Fundraising is encouraged but not required (there is a team goal but not an individual goal), so it won't cost anything to participate but your time and effort.

Team Universal is going to be doing a plane pull in NJ on October 1st. A challenge has been made by naturalguy, who thinks that they can beat our time. I know we can beat them, and we will!

Anyway, this is fun as all hell and it helps a great cause. If you can make it out and want to participate, post up in here or shoot me a PM.

Awww man... The stakes are high now. These Midwest cats are strong as all fuck. We best bring our A game.

NG is always talking shit.

Peace, G

Phil800101
09-06-11, 10:57 pm
Awww man... The stakes are high now. These Midwest cats are strong as all fuck. We best bring our A game.

NG is always talking shit.

Peace, G

You know it brother, we're in it to win it over here.

Phil800101
09-14-11, 7:53 am
Ten days to go. We still have some spots open if anyone is interested...

Phil800101
09-17-11, 12:57 am
About a week to go here. We're still short of the 20-man team, and anyone is welcome to come on out and join us. It doesn't cost anything to participate, just your time and effort. Please let me know if you'd like to help out.

zubda345
09-18-11, 4:29 pm
If I was there I would deff have come no matter how small or week I m... I would help for the cause... Great work u r doing U/A team. We Love U. I hope U get enough ppl u need to pull the plane

Phil800101
09-18-11, 5:09 pm
If I was there I would deff have come no matter how small or week I m... I would help for the cause... Great work u r doing U/A team. We Love U. I hope U get enough ppl u need to pull the plane

Thanks!

Phil800101
09-20-11, 12:37 am
A couple of things for Saturday:

Park at O'Hare Lot G.

Registration opens at 8 AM, captain's meeting at 8:45, pulls begin at 9:15.

Bring gloves, they are required. They will have gloves if you don't have any though.

Also, I just checked the waiver and the minimum age to pull is 14. Under 18 just requires a parent/guardian signature on the waiver. So, if anyone knows any teenagers who want to participate they can as long as they get the waiver signed.

Questions?

Phil800101
09-22-11, 4:08 pm
Two days to go.

We still have spots open if people are interested...

Phil800101
09-24-11, 3:30 pm
With a team of only 17 (short of the authorized 20), we completed the pull in 14.19 seconds, which is an improvement of almost three seconds over last year's time of 16.94 seconds!

A huge thank you to everyone who came out and participated, and to everyone who helped by raising funds or donating!

Pics and videos are being uploaded as I type this, I will post links to those as soon as they are available.

Phil800101
09-24-11, 3:42 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37175-Special-Chicago-ABC-2011-LETR-Plane-Pull&p=1158418#post1158418