PDA

View Full Version : Dense muscle

armyguard
07-12-11, 8:53 pm
This could go under diet or training but I decided to put it here. Alright fellas so for the last couple months I have really cleaned up my diet. High protein, medium fat and low carb throughout the week then a MONSTER carb up every sunday. This method is working wonders for me so im deff not complaining in the least bit ha.. I seem to be going up 5 lbs on all my lifts each and every session, which means im getting stronger but am also loosing weight!!! again not complaining.. Im 5'7 179lbs as of this morning (and dropping) with maybe 10-12% bf ( top four rows of abs showing).. Is it possible that im just losing bf while gaining muscle mass?? ( yes i said it lol)... Or could i just be making the muscle i have more dense by the heavy lifting

Current stats:
Bw: 179
Bf: 10-12% top four abs showing
Height: 5'7

Lift numbers:
Squat: 400lb max
Deadlift: Currently on 5x5 with 430lbs
Benchpress: Currently on 5x5 with 260lbs
Pushpress: 260lbs max

Although deff not numbers to brag about, I am very proud of myself for where ive came from and where im going strenght wise. Then again its all just another day at the office for the fellow animals

A-lways
L-ift
H-eavy

zubda345
07-13-11, 4:56 pm
If u are taking mid fats u are certainly not burning fat. I don't think that u might b LOSING fat. U might b avoiding it to get on u anymore.

Carrnage
07-13-11, 11:20 pm
If u are taking mid fats u are certainly not burning fat. I don't think that u might b LOSING fat. U might b avoiding it to get on u anymore.

Im sorry Zub but that was the epic post of the year lol. I have no idea what you just said or meant haha, its ok bro. Ill put it in my sig to show respect to this glorious post! lol

zubda345
07-14-11, 2:52 am
Im sorry Zub but that was the epic post of the year lol. I have no idea what you just said or meant haha, its ok bro. Ill put it in my sig to show respect to this glorious post! lol

hahaha. lol bro. u r hilarious.

I was having a hard time explaining my words in english.

Let me put it down this way, If he is taking nice amount of fats and doing no cardio ot HIIT how can he be losing that fat?? I know weight training also helps in losing fats but not that much, his weight training from my point of view can only help him keep his BF constant not lose it.

And nice signature u got there....

Sean_Warrior
07-14-11, 4:47 am
You could well be leaning up if you've cleaned up your diet. Just have a look at your overally calorie intake.

This happened to mean when i switched from more common diet with higher carbs to a diet with more fats and lower carbs. Worked out well for me :), got lean and visually thicker.

MRmichael.hooker
07-14-11, 6:29 am
I have no idea what you just said or meant haha, its ok bro.
Hahahaha

it down this way, If he is taking nice amount of fats and doing no cardio ot HIIT how can he be losing that fat?? I know weight training also helps in losing fats but not that much, his weight training from my point of view can only help him keep his BF constant not lose it.

I dropped a lot of bodyfat last year with doing zero cardio. I went from bulky 240 to a lean 220 w/abs, again, on no cardio. I cleaned up my diet & shortened up my rest periods. All my rests went from (give or take) 90sec-2 min to, at the most, 1min rests, including compound movements. The clean eating & quicker workouts had my heart rate going nuts, and i leaned out well. I definently think its possible to lean & grow.

zubda345
07-14-11, 7:18 am
I dropped a lot of bodyfat last year with doing zero cardio. I went from bulky 240 to a lean 220 w/abs, again, on no cardio. I cleaned up my diet & shortened up my rest periods. All my rests went from (give or take) 90sec-2 min to, at the most, 1min rests, including compound movements. The clean eating & quicker workouts had my heart rate going nuts, and i leaned out well. I definently think its possible to lean & grow.

Well, I believe that can happen but...

were u taking mid fats or low fats?

MRmichael.hooker
07-14-11, 7:20 am

mid-high. did several egg yolks and tbls of udo's oil a day

Aggression
07-14-11, 9:04 am
Let me put it down this way, If he is taking nice amount of fats and doing no cardio ot HIIT how can he be losing that fat??

Off the top of my head, there are two diets, closely similar, that aim to burn body fat while relying heavily on protein and fats in the diet (Keto Diet and the Anabolic Diet). So can someone burn body fat while ingesting a lot of fats? Absolutely. Remember, fats don't necessarily make you 'fat'. Refined sugars and over-indulging on carbs make you fat.

To the OP, hey man, its possible. If you look leaner and you're dropping weight, yet getting stronger, then go with it!

armyguard
07-14-11, 12:20 pm
Yeah Im deff loving it.. My strength is going up and im looking bigger but loosing weight.. ima keep riding the train as long as its working for me..

zubda345
07-14-11, 1:19 pm
Off the top of my head, there are two diets, closely similar, that aim to burn body fat while relying heavily on protein and fats in the diet (Keto Diet and the Anabolic Diet). So can someone burn body fat while ingesting a lot of fats? Absolutely. Remember, fats don't necessarily make you 'fat'. Refined sugars and over-indulging on carbs make you fat.

Thankx Agression, I didn't had this info.

Carrnage
07-14-11, 4:46 pm

You need healthy fats no matter what, they are more important when your trying to burn off body fat. People think "fats" are bad. Trans fat and overeating saturated fat is bad. Moderation of saturated fat and healthy fats like olive oil/nuts/avocado's are a must!!!!! In building muscle or burning fat!!!

zubda345
07-15-11, 1:06 am
You need healthy fats no matter what, they are more important when your trying to burn off body fat. People think "fats" are bad. Trans fat and overeating saturated fat is bad. Moderation of saturated fat and healthy fats like olive oil/nuts/avocado's are a must!!!!! In building muscle or burning fat!!!

right. and name some trans fats....