PDA

View Full Version : I asked before

Tiny1102
07-13-11, 9:32 pm
Do you have problems with your teres major and minor? To my surprise, a few friends of mine do. Even worse, that theirs are much worse. One said is arm is even dislocating at times. I was looking at some old videos of mine. Most of them I am warming up with 585, 600, or more raw, no wraps either. Not anymore. Without a shirt I really feel pain with 500 or more. Even 405 bothers some, but once I put that double Phenom on. The pain is gone. And that is why I wear the shirt. Forget about a raw record. Like I said before, I want to be around for a very long time. I love to lift. Again, back to the question. Have you ever had issues with your teres major, minor, or your labrum?

BigChrisF
07-14-11, 1:47 am
I tore mine a few years back. Before I did, I was able to do pull-ups for sets of 10. Ever since I really haven't been good at doing reps. I just do a bunch of sets of 3 now.

zubda345
07-14-11, 7:16 am
Do you have problems with your teres major and minor? To my surprise, a few friends of mine do. Even worse, that theirs are much worse. One said is arm is even dislocating at times. I was looking at some old videos of mine. Most of them I am warming up with 585, 600, or more raw, no wraps either. Not anymore. Without a shirt I really feel pain with 500 or more. Even 405 bothers some, but once I put that double Phenom on. The pain is gone. And that is why I wear the shirt. Forget about a raw record. Like I said before, I want to be around for a very long time. I love to lift. Again, back to the question. Have you ever had issues with your teres major, minor, or your labrum?

Thank God It hasn't happened to me till now...

naturalguy
07-14-11, 8:45 am
I've had shoulder problems in the past, lots of discomfort. In fact I went almost 3 years without even training chest at all. Interestingly enough when I switched to powerlifting form on the bench I had no pain. The traditional bodybuilding form with elbows out hurts my shoulders. I am back in the benching game now thanks to powerlifting.

Aggression
07-14-11, 9:09 am
I've had shoulder problems in the past, lots of discomfort. In fact I went almost 3 years without even training chest at all. Interestingly enough when I switched to powerlifting form on the bench I had no pain. The traditional bodybuilding form with elbows out hurts my shoulders. I am back in the benching game now thanks to powerlifting.

Same here. A few years back, I went several months without even touching a flat bench press. But it was something I was determined to fix. With the elbows in, I feel little to zero pain the shoulders.

Tiny1102
07-14-11, 12:16 pm
Well you will not catch me doing bodybuilding bench presses. lol. I am always good on my form. My injury was caused from dropping the bar too fast with 600 on the bar and lifting raw. That is it, no more raw. As I said earlier, with my shirt, no problems at all.